Saratoga Springs, Ballston Spa, NY 12020 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Blackburn Portrait Design

It has been said that a picture is worth a thousand words. Will your wedding images speak volumes about you? What will they tell your children--and grandchildren?

Blackburn Portrait Design combines contemporary photojournalism with classic lighting and posing techniques for wedding photos that will both stand the test of time and tell your story in your way. Feel free to visit our online galleries at susanblackburn.biz to view our work or call 518.584.4237 to schedule a complimentary consultation. We would love to help you tell your story.

Follow Blackburn Portrait Design on

lake placid 04
9080b27f325b18e7 1492342943019 susan blackburn photographer013
Retro Wedding in Saratoga Springs.
Megan and Justin at the Capitol Building in Downtown Albany, NY.
Megan and Justin at the Capitol Building in Downtown Albany, NY.
Zach and Katee's Fall Wedding at Windham Mountain Resort.
Zach and Katee's Fall Wedding at Windham Mountain Resort.
Meg and Nick's elegant Winter Wedding at Longfellow's in Saratoga Springs, NY.
Meg and Nick's elegant Winter Wedding at Longfellow's in Saratoga Springs, NY.
Katee and her Dad at her Fall Wedding at Windham Mountain Resort.
Katee and her Dad at her Fall Wedding at Windham Mountain Resort.
susan blackburn photographer089
saratoga wedding photo 0
fern lodge winter wedding photo 0
Blackburn Portrait Design
Fall Wedding outdoors in Lake Placid NY.
Fall Wedding outdoors in Lake Placid NY.
adirondack winter wedding 1
9080b27f325b18e7 1492342943019 susan blackburn photographer013

17 Reviews for Blackburn Portrait Design

• U

Peggy · Married on 10/28/2016

To begin with, my husband and I are not picture people. We decided to hired Susan Blackburn, Blackburn Portrait Design. I can't express how happy we are with the photo teasers she showcase of our wedding. I can't believe how spectacular the photos turned out. Susan was great to work with. she definitely has a creative eye to capture the beauty. I'm so happy we found her and I know the rest of our wedding photos are going to be amazing.

Sent on 11/05/2016

Blackburn Portrait Design's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words--you guys were awesome to work with!

Kathleen · Married on 10/23/2016

Susan did a fantastic job and understood the typse of photos that we wanted to capture. Working with Susan throughout the big day was effortless, and our guests had exclaimed afterwards that they didn't even notice her, which is exactly what we wanted in a photographer! One who is unobtrusive, yet there to get those amazing candid shots that all the posing in the world couldn't produce.

Sent on 11/18/2016

Blackburn Portrait Design's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review. Your wedding was timeless, classic, intimate and so very beautiful to photograph. Working with you both was delightful! Congratulations and Best Wishes!

Katee · Married on 10/15/2016

Absolutely amazing to work with. So talented and so passionate about her craft. We felt so comfortable with her. Our wedding photos belong in a magazine! Thank you, Susan!

Sent on 11/12/2016

Blackburn Portrait Design's reply:

Thank you Katee! It was so much fun working with you and Zach! It was very special to me, as I also photographed Zach's Senior portraits several years ago. I love watching my clients grow up, fall in love and get married. He is so happy with you! Your wedding was a beautiful day spent with beautiful people, both inside and out. Congratulations and best wishes on your life together!

Blackburn Portrait Design FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Albums
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,700.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, One Event / Day, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Custom Graphics, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Thank You Cards

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Blackburn Portrait Design 1
    Wedding Wire Promotion
    Mention this promotion with the promotion code WW100 and receive a $100 studio credit when you book an all inclusive wedding photography package with us.

• Jonathan Reid Menswear
    Jonathan Reid Menswear Wedding Dresses

Susan provides exquisite photography, and is certain to capture your special day in a manner that you will undoubtably be happy with. We highly recommend her.

• Chaplain Claudia Meyer
    Chaplain Claudia Meyer Wedding Officiants

I love Susan's work and would hire her to capture my important photos in a heartbeat!!

• On The Go Concierge & Events
    On The Go Concierge & Events Wedding Planners

I've had the pleasure to work with Susan at a recent wedding. I've seen her work prior to working with her and she's one of the most talented and artistic photographers in the area. Susan has such an eye for making something beautiful and memorable. She sees things we don't and creates magic from it. Not only is she talented but she's also a professional, easy to work with, and follows a schedule. I'd highly recommend her services for weddings, portraits, or any memorable occasion. -Donna Connor On The Go Concierge & Events

• Saratoga Springs Ballston Spa, 12020 See on map