Wedding Planning Plus

Delmar, NY View map Visit website

Wedding Planning Plus is a company based in Glenmont, New York, that offers planning services for weddings. Founder and principal planner Shannon Whitney Anson and her team offer to assist couples who are at any stage of their wedding planning. The goal of this team is to make each couple’s wedding planning stress-free and enjoyable while giving them a distinct experience.

Experience

Shannon has helped hundreds of couples plan and carry out special celebrations since she began planning weddings in 2007. She believes in building connections with the couples she works with so that she best assist them. Shannon seeks to make each couple’s special day represent them authentically.

Shannon and her team offer full and partial wedding planning services for to-be-weds. This team can assist with event planning for rehearsal dinners, wedding ceremonies, elopements, receptions, and multi-day festivities. They can also offer month-of and day-of coordination services to ensure that the final details are taken care of for the special day.

Areas Covered

The Wedding Planning Plus team specialize in planning and executing weddings in the states of New York, southern Vermont, western Massachusetts, and across the Capital Region. These planners are also willing to travel to the location of your destination wedding. You can contact the company directly for additional information.

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

Linda C. Married on 10/23/2021

Wedding Planning Plus -- A Key Part of Our Vendor Team

After you write that last check and that special day is over, it's easy to just jump back into life and not take the time to write a review unless of course, you're unhappy about something. In our case, we are extremely happy with the services Shannon Whitney and her team at Wedding Planning Plus delivered for us. We had to write a review and let others know that Wedding Planning Plus is excellent!

Shannon helped us create our dream wedding. We live in Dallas, TX and decided we would like a destination wedding in the Finger Lakes, NY region. Given the number of Finger Lakes and the multitude of wedding venues, we needed Shannon's help. She gave us numerous suggestions on venues and after a site visit of top choices, we made our selection. We also knew that we needed Wedding Planning Plus to help us identify other quality vendors in the area for floral, DJ Services and photography. Again, top marks for Wedding Planning Plus recommendations!

Wedding Planning Plus also supported us on our actual wedding day. Shannon was available and on-site and worked with the local venue team to ensure every detail was in place and our every need met so that we could focus on enjoying our event, our families and friends and each other. It was wonderful and gave us peace of mind knowing that venue teams are working double time/over time due to short staffing. It was great to have this added support -- not just for us but for our wedding venue team as well.

I will close by simply saying, if you need a wedding planner, Wedding Planning Plus gets our highest recommendation. The entire team was great to work with and made the wedding planning process simple, stress-free and even fun! We enjoyed the journey as much as the day itself!

Linda and Dave
  • Kris
    Kris H. Married on 10/16/2021

WPP and Kate LaFerriere Deliver "The Best Day Ever"

Shannon and her team at Wedding Planning Plus were fantastic and we would highly recommend using them for your wedding.

The amazing people at Wedding Planning Plus helped us scout venues in the area and worked with us to fit our budget.

Our main point of contact with WPP was Kate LaFerriere. I want to tell a quick story about our day because it's important to understand in order for us to accurately review Kate as our wedding planner.

Our ceremony was set to begin at 4pm with massive thunderstorms expected in the area right around the ceremony start time. A decision needed to be made of whether we could do the ceremony in the outdoor gardens of our venue or inside the barn where the reception would also take place. Kate, as a planner, I'm sure really wanted a decision as soon as possible in order to set up everything for our guests but she was never pushing us to a decision we did not want to make. She truly listened, consulted and offered up her suggestions while keeping a calm demeanor.

We all agreed if we could move the ceremony up just 15 minutes, we might be able to make it work to have the ceremony outside.

Even with the new schedule, all of our guests arrived just in time as the storm clouds really began to roll in. Vows were exchanged, a kiss to seal the deal and all of our guests rushed into the barn. I'm happy to report, not a single guest felt the wrath of the rain that began to come down no less than 10 seconds after the last guest stumbled into the safe dry barn.

My wife and I walked to the back of the barn to grab a drink and begin the tour of greeting all our guests. One of the first things I noticed was all of our smiling guests relieved they'd made it to the barn safe and dry and in that moment, I saw walk through the barn doors - soaking wet from the rain, it was our wedding planner Kate LaFerriere. She was completely drenched in a room full of dry, happy people.

Kate possesses all the best qualities for the perfect wedding planner. She has the finest attention to the little details that make a big difference. She always has a calm demeanor - with all the details and timelines she had to manage anyone could easily be flustered under the circumstances. But any interaction with the bride or groom on the day of was done graciously with a soft calm voice, and everything was communicated very clearly to both of us. But I think the greatest quality Kate possessed was selflessness. I go back to the moment of seeing Kate drenched in a room full of dry people. It was a reminder to me, the sacrifices another person was willing to make for delivering us the most perfect day.

From listening to us in our pre-wedding planning meetings, all the way through the execution of all that planning, Kate was flawless throughout and the day turned out even better than what we could have imagined.

In getting to know Kate we also know she will have her own wedding to look forward to in the near future. The greatest compliment we can pass along is the hope that on your special day, you have a planner as dedicated, selfless and amazing as you were on our day - to deliver you and your guests a memorable day. Kate, we thank you so much for everything you did and wanted to let you know that you deserve to have your own "best day ever" - because that's exactly what you gave us!

Best Wishes and Thank You to everyone at Wedding Planning Plus,

Kris & Heidi Dillmann
    Tara C. Married on 07/31/2021

The Best Decision for Our Wedding Day- Hiring WPP!

One of the best decisions I made for my wedding day was to use the Day of Coordination from Wedding Planning Plus. I had the honor of working with Kate LaFerriere and Erin Rueckert. A month before the wedding, I began meeting with Kate to finalize my wedding timeline and details. Kate was incredibly patient, understanding, and helpful throughout the planning process.

On the wedding day, Kate and Erin took care of all the behind the scenes details so that me and my family could relax and enjoy the day. Both ladies made sure all of the items were in place at the church and assisted with the flow of the ceremony. They did an amazing job of setting up our reception venue with all of our personal touches.

Kate was definitely the glue that held the wedding weekend together. She was the go-to person for the vendors and our large wedding party (20 people!). Kate was such a calming presence and she alleviated any of my concerns. She also checked in with me throughout the night to make sure I was eating enough and had a beer! At the end of the night, Kate brought our decorations, gifts, family photographs, and bouquets back to our hotel room. She even saved a dessert tray for me and my husband- she knows the way to my heart! Kate had taken pictures on my phone throughout the night and it was such a nice surprise to see the pictures the next day when I wanted to relive our wedding day.

The ladies at Wedding Planning Plus made wedding planning organized and stress-free. Thanks to Kate and Erin, I was able to be fully present with my husband and our loved ones. I cannot thank them enough for their hard work, attention to detail, and for going above and beyond for me on my wedding day. Both ladies truly put their heart into all that they do, and I am so honored that they were a part of my wedding day! I would highly recommend Wedding Planning Plus, Kate, and Erin to any couple getting married.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Team

Shannon Whitney Anson
Shannon Whitney Anson
Founder and Principal Planner

Hi, I'm Shannon! Upstate New York has been my home for my entire adult life. I’m so grateful to live and work in such a beautiful part of the country. I grew up right near Lake George and currently live outside Albany with my husband and our three rescue pups. I have run 15 marathons (and counting), love East Coast IPA's, and my iPod is stocked full of music from my favorite band (Phish!).

I started planning weddings in 2007 and during the last 13+ years I have seen more and more couples looking to break the cookie cutter mold and plan a completely unique celebration for their family and friends. That’s why I love getting to know my couples and building them a special event that is expertly crafted and authentically them.

It’s one of the most important days of your life, shouldn’t it feel authentically yours?

Kate LaFerriere
Kate LaFerriere
Event Planner

Hi I'm Kate! I have the pleasure to work for Wedding Planning Plus since 2015, helping so may couples experience their most amazing wedding day!

Aissa  Terry
Aissa Terry
Associate Planner

Hi I'm Aissa! I have a background in special events catering, but since I started with Wedding Planning Plus in 2013 I have loved the personal experience I get working directly with my couples.

Jeff Loshinsky Catering Jeff Loshinsky Catering Wedding Caterers

Shannon Whitney and team are true pros! We Cant wait to work together again!

Carey Institute for Global Good Carey Institute for Global Good Historic Weddings

The wedding planners are top-notch. Super organized and attentive to the wedding couples we have worked with at our venue.

Historic Barns of Nipmoose Historic Barns of Nipmoose Barn & Farm Weddings

Wedding Planning Plus has served as the planner at several weddings at the Historic Barns of Nipmoose, and we have been very impressed with their services. Most recently Aissa Murray worked as the planner for two highly successful weddings. Both weddings were unique and required a great deal of thoughtfulness and organization on the part of Wedding Planning Plus.

29 Brightonwood Rd Delmar, NY, 12077
Location of (Wedding Planning Plus)

Other vendors in Albany for your wedding