29 Brightonwood Rd, Delmar, NY 12077 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 16
  • Meet the Team

About Wedding Planning Plus

Wedding Planning Plus is a company based in Glenmont, New York, that offers planning services for weddings. Founder and principal planner Shannon Whitney Anson and her team offer to assist couples who are at any stage of their wedding planning. The goal of this team is to make each couple’s wedding planning stress-free and enjoyable while giving them a distinct experience.

Experience

Shannon has helped hundreds of couples plan and carry out special celebrations since she began planning weddings in 2007. She believes in building connections with the couples she works with so that she best assist them. Shannon seeks to make each couple’s special day represent them authentically.

Shannon and her team offer full and partial wedding planning services for to-be-weds. This team can assist with event planning for rehearsal dinners, wedding ceremonies, elopements, receptions, and multi-day festivities. They can also offer month-of and day-of coordination services to ensure that the final details are taken care of for the special day.

Areas Covered

The Wedding Planning Plus team specialize in planning and executing weddings in the states of New York, southern Vermont, western Massachusetts, and across the Capital Region. These planners are also willing to travel to the location of your destination wedding. You can contact the company directly for additional information.

Follow Wedding Planning Plus on

129 Reviews for Wedding Planning Plus

• Anamarie

Anamarie Farr · Married on 08/27/2020

The Organized Best Friend You MUST have to Plan Your Day

I am (was?) a covid bride. Originally Shannon and her team had started about 14 months prior to our wedding date planning a spectacular, bespoke 100 person 3-day wedding at a personal home on Seneca Lake in June of 2020.

The vendors carefully matched (worth her weight IN GOLD - Grateful Dead Cover band - check; Brunch from Elf and the Oak, check; perfectly curated florist matching our style perfectly - check), the logistics sorted out (we live in Boston), and therapy sessions at the ready, we were about to send out our invitations but then decided to be better safe than sorry.

Even though we had to change our wedding to an "anniversary" celebration in 2021, Shannon was at the ready, reading contracts, communicating and re-arranging vendors, and making sure that every i was dotted and t was crossed for 2021 for the "anniversary" party.

Did I mention she then CONTINUED to plan our micro-wedding in June 2020? While our wedding style changed, Shannon's regular check-ins, original vendors, and practical guides made our 12 person wedding perhaps even more SPECIAL!

Now it makes me a little sad to write this, as it was not the 2020 Wedding we imagined, but we are grateful for having hired Shannon and if we had to do it again, we would.

Sent on 10/27/2020

Kaitlin Whalen · Married on 08/10/2019

Shannon is so talented and incredibly hard working

When we decided to have an outdoor wedding 4 hours away from home we knew we would need an amazing team of vendors to help us pull it off.  After our first conversation with Shannon, we knew she would be the perfect wedding planner for us and she did not disappoint.

From our first call to our wedding day, Shannon was incredible to work with.  She did a remarkable job of breaking down each step in our planning process into manageable components. Shannon kept us right on track leading up to our wedding and made excellent vendor recommendations along the way. Not only was every call with her fun, but my fiance and I always felt like she understood us and that she had everything under control.

On our wedding day Shannon kept the day moving smoothly and was such a calming presence.  My fiance and I were really able to take a step back and be present with our family and friends.

We had a very particular vision in mind for the day and when Shannon brought us into the tent before our guests arrived, it took our breath away. She absolutely nailed every aspect of our wedding.  Our wedding was incredibly beautiful and when I see pictures of the day, I am in awe of what we were able to accomplish.

Shannon is extremely hard working, from making changes to our rental tables the day before our wedding to pinning up my dress because I danced so hard it broke, she took care of everything.

To make a long story short, hire her, you will not regret it. And if you're a Colgate Alum getting married on campus, DEFINITELY hire her.

Sent on 12/01/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Wedding Planning Plus FAQ

• Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Eco-Friendly
    Military
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

Team of Wedding Planning Plus

Shannon Whitney Anson

Shannon Whitney Anson

Founder and Principal Planner

Hi, I'm Shannon! Upstate New York has been my home for my entire adult life. I’m so grateful to live and work in such a beautiful part of the country. I grew up right near Lake George and currently live outside Albany with my husband and our three rescue pups. I have run 15 marathons (and counting), love East Coast IPA's, and my iPod is stocked full of music from my favorite band (Phish!).

I started planning weddings in 2007 and during the last 13+ years I have seen more and more couples looking to break the cookie cutter mold and plan a completely unique celebration for their family and friends. That’s why I love getting to know my couples and building them a special event that is expertly crafted and authentically them.

It’s one of the most important days of your life, shouldn’t it feel authentically yours?

Kate LaFerriere

Kate LaFerriere

Event Planner

Hi I'm Kate! I have the pleasure to work for Wedding Planning Plus since 2015, helping so may couples experience their most amazing wedding day!

Aissa  Terry

Aissa Terry

Associate Planner

Hi I'm Aissa! I have a background in special events catering, but since I started with Wedding Planning Plus in 2013 I have loved the personal experience I get working directly with my couples.

View team

• Jeff Loshinsky Catering Wedding Caterers

Shannon Whitney and team are true pros! We Cant wait to work together again!

• Carey Institute for Global Good Historic Weddings

The wedding planners are top-notch. Super organized and attentive to the wedding couples we have worked with at our venue.

• Historic Barns of Nipmoose Barn & Farm Weddings

Wedding Planning Plus has served as the planner at several weddings at the Historic Barns of Nipmoose, and we have been very impressed with their services. Most recently Aissa Murray worked as the planner for two highly successful weddings. Both weddings were unique and required a great deal of thoughtfulness and organization on the part of Wedding Planning Plus.

• 29 Brightonwood Rd Delmar, NY, 12077 See on map
    Location of (Wedding Planning Plus)