Wedding Planning Plus Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Linda C. Married on 10/23/2021

Wedding Planning Plus -- A Key Part of Our Vendor Team

After you write that last check and that special day is over, it's easy to just jump back into life and not take the time to write a review unless of course, you're unhappy about something. In our case, we are extremely happy with the services Shannon Whitney and her team at Wedding Planning Plus delivered for us. We had to write a review and let others know that Wedding Planning Plus is excellent!

Shannon helped us create our dream wedding. We live in Dallas, TX and decided we would like a destination wedding in the Finger Lakes, NY region. Given the number of Finger Lakes and the multitude of wedding venues, we needed Shannon's help. She gave us numerous suggestions on venues and after a site visit of top choices, we made our selection. We also knew that we needed Wedding Planning Plus to help us identify other quality vendors in the area for floral, DJ Services and photography. Again, top marks for Wedding Planning Plus recommendations!

Wedding Planning Plus also supported us on our actual wedding day. Shannon was available and on-site and worked with the local venue team to ensure every detail was in place and our every need met so that we could focus on enjoying our event, our families and friends and each other. It was wonderful and gave us peace of mind knowing that venue teams are working double time/over time due to short staffing. It was great to have this added support -- not just for us but for our wedding venue team as well.

I will close by simply saying, if you need a wedding planner, Wedding Planning Plus gets our highest recommendation. The entire team was great to work with and made the wedding planning process simple, stress-free and even fun! We enjoyed the journey as much as the day itself!

Linda and Dave
  • Kris
    Kris H. Married on 10/16/2021

WPP and Kate LaFerriere Deliver "The Best Day Ever"

Shannon and her team at Wedding Planning Plus were fantastic and we would highly recommend using them for your wedding.

The amazing people at Wedding Planning Plus helped us scout venues in the area and worked with us to fit our budget.

Our main point of contact with WPP was Kate LaFerriere. I want to tell a quick story about our day because it's important to understand in order for us to accurately review Kate as our wedding planner.

Our ceremony was set to begin at 4pm with massive thunderstorms expected in the area right around the ceremony start time. A decision needed to be made of whether we could do the ceremony in the outdoor gardens of our venue or inside the barn where the reception would also take place. Kate, as a planner, I'm sure really wanted a decision as soon as possible in order to set up everything for our guests but she was never pushing us to a decision we did not want to make. She truly listened, consulted and offered up her suggestions while keeping a calm demeanor.

We all agreed if we could move the ceremony up just 15 minutes, we might be able to make it work to have the ceremony outside.

Even with the new schedule, all of our guests arrived just in time as the storm clouds really began to roll in. Vows were exchanged, a kiss to seal the deal and all of our guests rushed into the barn. I'm happy to report, not a single guest felt the wrath of the rain that began to come down no less than 10 seconds after the last guest stumbled into the safe dry barn.

My wife and I walked to the back of the barn to grab a drink and begin the tour of greeting all our guests. One of the first things I noticed was all of our smiling guests relieved they'd made it to the barn safe and dry and in that moment, I saw walk through the barn doors - soaking wet from the rain, it was our wedding planner Kate LaFerriere. She was completely drenched in a room full of dry, happy people.

Kate possesses all the best qualities for the perfect wedding planner. She has the finest attention to the little details that make a big difference. She always has a calm demeanor - with all the details and timelines she had to manage anyone could easily be flustered under the circumstances. But any interaction with the bride or groom on the day of was done graciously with a soft calm voice, and everything was communicated very clearly to both of us. But I think the greatest quality Kate possessed was selflessness. I go back to the moment of seeing Kate drenched in a room full of dry people. It was a reminder to me, the sacrifices another person was willing to make for delivering us the most perfect day.

From listening to us in our pre-wedding planning meetings, all the way through the execution of all that planning, Kate was flawless throughout and the day turned out even better than what we could have imagined.

In getting to know Kate we also know she will have her own wedding to look forward to in the near future. The greatest compliment we can pass along is the hope that on your special day, you have a planner as dedicated, selfless and amazing as you were on our day - to deliver you and your guests a memorable day. Kate, we thank you so much for everything you did and wanted to let you know that you deserve to have your own "best day ever" - because that's exactly what you gave us!

Best Wishes and Thank You to everyone at Wedding Planning Plus,

Kris & Heidi Dillmann
    Tara C. Married on 07/31/2021

The Best Decision for Our Wedding Day- Hiring WPP!

One of the best decisions I made for my wedding day was to use the Day of Coordination from Wedding Planning Plus. I had the honor of working with Kate LaFerriere and Erin Rueckert. A month before the wedding, I began meeting with Kate to finalize my wedding timeline and details. Kate was incredibly patient, understanding, and helpful throughout the planning process.

On the wedding day, Kate and Erin took care of all the behind the scenes details so that me and my family could relax and enjoy the day. Both ladies made sure all of the items were in place at the church and assisted with the flow of the ceremony. They did an amazing job of setting up our reception venue with all of our personal touches.

Kate was definitely the glue that held the wedding weekend together. She was the go-to person for the vendors and our large wedding party (20 people!). Kate was such a calming presence and she alleviated any of my concerns. She also checked in with me throughout the night to make sure I was eating enough and had a beer! At the end of the night, Kate brought our decorations, gifts, family photographs, and bouquets back to our hotel room. She even saved a dessert tray for me and my husband- she knows the way to my heart! Kate had taken pictures on my phone throughout the night and it was such a nice surprise to see the pictures the next day when I wanted to relive our wedding day.

The ladies at Wedding Planning Plus made wedding planning organized and stress-free. Thanks to Kate and Erin, I was able to be fully present with my husband and our loved ones. I cannot thank them enough for their hard work, attention to detail, and for going above and beyond for me on my wedding day. Both ladies truly put their heart into all that they do, and I am so honored that they were a part of my wedding day! I would highly recommend Wedding Planning Plus, Kate, and Erin to any couple getting married.
  • Blaire
    Blaire Married on 07/10/2021

WPP - Best in the business!

Choosing Wedding Planning Plus to help us plan our wedding was one of the best decisions we made during the wedding process. I had the pleasure of working with Shannon and Alex and it was truly a dream. From the very first day, I felt more at ease. Shannon has an incredible ability to connect with her brides and grooms – she just gets it! I was so impressed by how well she understood us, helped us craft our vision, and turned that into a reality. A few highlights from our experience:
    1) Shannon will take the time to talk to you through the options of any scenario calmly, patiently and informatively. Being a COVID bride, we hit some rough patches which included us needing to change our reception venue less than two months before the wedding. Shannon helped us weigh the pros and cons at length until we were comfortable with our decision. She took the lead on researching other venues quickly and made all necessary adjustments with our vendors.
    2) Speaking of vendors - Shannon has a vast circle of killer vendor recommendations. People are still talking about our vendors and many have mentioned they were some of the best they had ever experienced at a wedding. And when working with each vendor you can tell how much they respect and are excited to work with Shannon again. If you don’t believe me, take it from the multiple vendors that told us Shannon is the best wedding planner they have ever worked with!
    3) The wedding weekend was absolutely flawless. I felt so confident knowing Shannon and Alex were there thinking through every detail. I was really able to sit back, relax, and just enjoy the day. And that’s a lot coming from my husband and I – we are both very detail oriented and are perfectionist with party planning, so this is very hard for us to do at times!

Do yourself a favor and hire Wedding Planning Plus! You will not be disappointed and your wedding experience (and that of your guests) will be better because of it!!
  • Victoria
    Victoria S. Married on 07/03/2021

Hire shannon and alex right now!

Choosing Wedding Planning Plus to coordinate our July 2021 wedding at Blenheim Hill Farm was HANDS DOWN the best decision we made in the entire wedding process. Alex and Shannon were godsends. They communicated and coordinated with all of the vendors so that everything flowed seamlessly! They also really made sure to listen to our feedback so that we were really happy with the flow of the day, no matter how many emails we sent! Though we quickly realized the best approach was to just let them handle it! On the day of our wedding, Alex and Shannon had everything planned perfectly such that we had no worries about where we were supposed to be or what we were supposed to be doing! We and our families were just able to completely enjoy the day knowing that they were taking care of everything! They were even able to coordinate with my parents for some surprises and find an amazing last minute replacement vendor. Like I said, above and beyond!! The day was absolutely the best day of our lives and would not have been so if we hadn’t made the decision to hire Wedding Planning Plus. Long story short – HIRE SHANNON AND HER TEAM!! You will not regret it!
    Kimberlee Married on 06/12/2021

An amazing source to make a wedding less stressful!!

I got married on a little lake near Lake George that has no service and I live on Long Island. So the planning process was a tad stressful. However hiring Wedding Planning Plus really made things so much easier! I got to work with Aissa for the pre-day-of things. She was on top of my vendors making sure they knew where to go and when. Then on the day of there was also Leah there to help. They were amazing! The day of they were so on top of everything! I was able to actually breathe and enjoy my day! (Although it is true that it goes by way too quick!) I highly recommend hiring them! You will not be disappointed!
    James J. Married on 05/29/2021

Totally Awesome!

My wife and I had the pleasure of working with Kate L. when planning our wedding. Kate helped us during the month of and day of (month of was totally worth it!). She made the planning process so much more digestible, we even ended up with a minute-by-minute timeline of our rehearsal and wedding day. Kate did an awesome job of coordinating our officiant, band, venue manager, caterer, and florist. We were so thankful we didn't have to coordinate that ourselves.

Additionally, Kate took the time to get to know my wife and I during the month of. She showed clearly that she cared deeply about helping create one of our most cherished memories. My wife and I would recommend Wedding Planning Plus in a heartbeat to any couple looking to plan their big day.

Thank you so much Kate and the Wedding Planning Plus team!
    Keri S. Married on 05/22/2021

Shannon and her team are so easy to work with

I'm not even sure where to begin. Shannon and her team were amazing.

We decided to work with Shannon in October 2019 for our October 2020 wedding. Well.. the pandemic happened and there were a lot of unknowns but Shannon was encouraging, realistic and committed to our vision.

We decided we would postpone it to May 2021. With most of our other vendors we had to go through their calendars to match up availability. With Shannon, we pretty much let her know the date we had in mind and she said she would have staff available. After postponing, the event guidelines changed multiple times. We were so thankful we had Shannon by our side to navigate through the situation.

Our wedding day couldn't have run more flawlessly if we tried. We felt so relaxed and comfortable knowing that our wedding was essentially in the hands of Shannon, Alex and Jennifer. We loved that we didn't have to really "deal" with any issues the day of.

We would 100% recommend Shannon and her team with full confidence and we promise you would not regret it.
    Ashley O. Married on 09/26/2020

So helpful!

So happy that we found Shannon for our wedding this year. After so many changes and unknowns, she was able to help us with every detail, and brought things to our attention that we would have never thought of. Throughout the whole process she was very responsive through email and phone. We never felt overwhelmed or pushed in any sort of direction, she was truly there as a support system to us whenever we needed. So thankful for her and her team!
  • Anamarie
    Anamarie F. Married on 08/27/2020

The Organized Best Friend You MUST have to Plan Your Day

I am (was?) a covid bride. Originally Shannon and her team had started about 14 months prior to our wedding date planning a spectacular, bespoke 100 person 3-day wedding at a personal home on Seneca Lake in June of 2020.

The vendors carefully matched (worth her weight IN GOLD - Grateful Dead Cover band - check; Brunch from Elf and the Oak, check; perfectly curated florist matching our style perfectly - check), the logistics sorted out (we live in Boston), and therapy sessions at the ready, we were about to send out our invitations but then decided to be better safe than sorry.

Even though we had to change our wedding to an "anniversary" celebration in 2021, Shannon was at the ready, reading contracts, communicating and re-arranging vendors, and making sure that every i was dotted and t was crossed for 2021 for the "anniversary" party.

Did I mention she then CONTINUED to plan our micro-wedding in June 2020? While our wedding style changed, Shannon's regular check-ins, original vendors, and practical guides made our 12 person wedding perhaps even more SPECIAL!

Now it makes me a little sad to write this, as it was not the 2020 Wedding we imagined, but we are grateful for having hired Shannon and if we had to do it again, we would.
  • Abbey
    Abbey M. Married on 08/22/2020

WPP were lifesavers!

We originally hired Wedding Planning Plus for month of coordination back in August 2019 for an August 2020 wedding, and they have been lifesavers for every step of this wild journey! As COVID hit in spring 2020, Shannon was super proactive and helpful as we navigated postponement. Then, when our original venue closed in December 2020 and we needed to pivot again, Shannon rescued us from our panic, contacting dozens of venues overnight and helping us secure a new venue and caterer for our same date within a matter of weeks in the middle of the holidays. As we hit the month of our now September 2021 wedding and dealt with the uncertainties created by the delta variant and its impact on the endless evolution of our guest list, Alex was always there with answers to our questions and to help us update all necessary plans and quickly communicate these updates to vendors accordingly. On the day of our wedding, Alex and Jennifer kept all of the coordinating of multiple levels of complicated logistics totally off our plate. And they dealt with very unexpected, potentially chaos-inducing fires - collapsing chuppahs, an emergency that prevented our original Rabbi from being able to make it on an hour's notice - without us feeling so much as a bump. We are so thankful for all their help!
  • Nell
    Nell G. Married on 08/10/2019

WPP was the key ingredient to our perfect day

We could not have pulled off our wedding without Shannon and Alex. We worked with WPP for over two years to plan and then re-plan (due to covid) our wedding. Shannon was competent, calm and pleasant to work with every step of the way, helping us expertly navigate the logistics of hosting a wedding at my mothers residential property. Leaning on them to handle the details alleviated so much stress. Alex was with me every step of the way on wedding day and helped us have the best day of our lives even though it was torrential down-pouring for the entirety of the event. Hiring WPP is my number one recommendation for planning an upstate wedding.
    Kaitlin W. Married on 08/10/2019

Shannon is so talented and incredibly hard working

When we decided to have an outdoor wedding 4 hours away from home we knew we would need an amazing team of vendors to help us pull it off.  After our first conversation with Shannon, we knew she would be the perfect wedding planner for us and she did not disappoint.

From our first call to our wedding day, Shannon was incredible to work with.  She did a remarkable job of breaking down each step in our planning process into manageable components. Shannon kept us right on track leading up to our wedding and made excellent vendor recommendations along the way. Not only was every call with her fun, but my fiance and I always felt like she understood us and that she had everything under control.

On our wedding day Shannon kept the day moving smoothly and was such a calming presence.  My fiance and I were really able to take a step back and be present with our family and friends.

We had a very particular vision in mind for the day and when Shannon brought us into the tent before our guests arrived, it took our breath away. She absolutely nailed every aspect of our wedding.  Our wedding was incredibly beautiful and when I see pictures of the day, I am in awe of what we were able to accomplish.

Shannon is extremely hard working, from making changes to our rental tables the day before our wedding to pinning up my dress because I danced so hard it broke, she took care of everything.

To make a long story short, hire her, you will not regret it. And if you're a Colgate Alum getting married on campus, DEFINITELY hire her.
  • John
    John R. Married on 06/29/2019

Responsive, attentive and easy to work with!

We found them through this site and we specifically worked with Erin, who was amazing. She saved the day a couple of times. She had worked with the venue before, and even had her wedding there which made the whole thing go much more smoothly. Would recommend the service, they were reasonable. We planned most of the big portions from across the country, and then hired them. Erin took it away from the last month to the day of to wrangle all the venders and family!
    Chris A. Married on 06/22/2019

Perfect Wedding Celebration! Thank you Shannon!!!

Working with Shannon was a fantastic experience -- both for us and for our daughter and her fiance/husband! Shannon was recommended to us by another family who had worked with her and had a similarly positive experience. From our initial meeting, Shannon was very attuned to understanding the vision our daughter and her fiance had for their wedding, as well as our goals as parents and hosts for the weekend wedding celebration. She had very strong insights into a broad range of vendors (geographically), and we feel we had the "A Team" of partners (vendors) as a result of Shannon's network (wedding at Lake George, NY, band from Manhattan, caterers from Albany, etc.). While Shannon had not previously organized a wedding at our chosen venue, she quickly immersed herself to become familiar and very comfortable with the location and the local team -- and added significant value in expanding the vision to create the absolutely perfect setting.

The wedding weekend was comprehensive and complex -- 165 guests from all over the world; welcome reception/dinner on Friday night, wedding preparation and festivities on Saturday, farewell brunch on Sunday -- all at different venues with different staffs and caterers; shuttle buses from hotels to venues; etc. Shannon was instrumental in planning virtually the entire wedding weekend, was respectful of our budget, and consistently provided insights and ideas that really made the event even more special -- several times for minimal or even lower cost than what we had budgeted. There is no way that we would have successfully pulled off this type of celebration without Shannon's attention to every detail.

Shannon and her team were particularly helpful on wedding day. She did a fantastic job anticipating every need, created a very thorough and accurate timeline for what was going to happen when (no surprises), and was available at all times to address any concerns or questions -- no matter how trivial.

Shannon was a calming influence throughout the planning process, and skillfully navigated the preparations and discussions with both our daughter and her fiance, as well as with us as parents. We feel strongly that her involvement was a blessing to us throughout the planning process, and helped this period to be a wonderful time for us as a family -- and a time that we will always look back on and cherish.

The whole wedding experience was just terrific -- and we attribute much of this to Shannon and her team. We recommend her without any concerns or reservations! It was a "storybook" celebration -- in large part due to Destination Upstate/Wedding Planning Plus.
  • Lauren
    Lauren W. Married on 06/15/2019

The best planner we could have imagined!

I was an event planner myself for years, so I hope it bears the weight intended when I say that our Wedding Planning Plus engagement was the best and most important money we spent on our wedding! Shannon and her team are incredibly well organized and thorough. I can’t overstate the quality of communication. Shannon is super responsive, and if she’ll be out of pocket for a wedding on a given weekend she always gives you PLENTY of advance warning so you can get any time-sensitive questions in first. They think of EVERYTHING and will make you feel so confident at every turn. What stands out in particular is how much Shannon helped with the collection and relocation of our gifts and speciality items at the end of the wedding, which I admit I had not thought about myself.

In the weeks and months after the wedding, every time we reminisced on the weekend with our families, our parents ALWAYS mentioned how impressed they were with Wedding Planning Plus. They all felt like they were treated as specially as the bride and groom, with their every need addressed before they even had to ask! On a day that often feels as big and important for the parents as for the couple, that meant a lot to all of us.

Shannon has been doing this for years, and it shows in the service she and her team provide. Her professionalism blew us away and she quickly became an important resource and sounding board for us throughout the planning process. I could not recommend her more highly!!
  • Sheiliesh
    Sheiliesh Married on 05/18/2019

My Right Hand

Jennifer was amazing from the start. She helped me make the right decisions. She made sure I didn't miss a step. I really appreciate her and don't know what I would have done without her. I hired her as a month of coordinator, and I trusted her soo much that she became my decision maker. After all the planning and organizing, when the big day comes, you become so indecisive and you need someone to lead the way, and Jennifer was the one. Hiring someone to work details while you enjoy your wedding is a must. I would definitely recommend them.
  • Jenny
    Jenny R. Married on 05/10/2019

Piece of Mind times Infinity!!

Our wedding day was absolutely the most perfect and magical day thanks to Shannon and her team! Shannon was so awesome to work with throughout the entire planning process, which led to a flawless and perfect wedding day! The night of our rehearsal, Shannon showed up with an itinerary for everyone in our wedding party and our immediate family members to make sure everyone was on the same page. On the wedding day, anything I needed from food, pictures, bobby pins to fix my hair at the end of the night, coordinating vendors, and things I wasn’t even aware of going on was all taken care of without me even noticing! Shannon and her team’s attention to detail allowed me to enjoy every second of the day and live in the moment instead of worrying all day. Shannon was the greatest piece of mind, everything I could’ve wanted and more! I wouldn’t have done anything differently!
  • Christine
    Christine Married on 04/26/2019

So worth it - enjoy your wedding without the stress!!

I literally told Shannon on my wedding day that she was the best thing to ever happen to me. That might be a slight exaggeration (my new husband probably wins that prize), but WPP was absolutely the best money I spent for my wedding. She made the planning process so easy. I loved all the vendors she recommended and didn't have to do nearly as much work doing research, trials, etc. to get awesome vendors. She's super nice, organized, and great to work with. She'll take the time to listen to what kind of wedding you want and suggest vendors accordingly vs. having a cookie cutter plan she uses for everyone. The really valuable part, however, came in her day-of coordinating. She had all the vendors on the same page, and she and her assistants handled absolutely everything you can think of (and a bunch of things you won't think of) on the wedding day. I didn't have to answer a single question from vendors, grab anyone to be in a picture, tell anyone from the wedding party where to be when, pick up cards/gifts/welcome sign the next day, etc. She did it all. I think the best part of hiring WPP is the peace of mind it provides. Something unexpected will inevitably happen on your wedding day, but chances are Shannon has handled it before. For me, one of my bridesmaids' dress split open right before we walked down the aisle. Shannon pinned it up without missing a beat and no one even noticed. Without her, one of my best friends would've had to stand in the back of the church and not be a part of my wedding ceremony. Instead she stood up there with me looking beautiful and now, we have a hilarious story. I know a wedding planner may not sound necessary, but letting yourself enjoy your day while Shannon and her team run the show is invaluable.
    Noah Married on 02/16/2019

They were Great (especially Aissa!)

Aissa and Wedding Wire were incredible. They handled everything perfectly and Aissa was so helpful with everything before and during the big day. Aissa went above and beyond to make sure it was the day we dreamed of!
    Melissa Married on 09/28/2018
    I can not say enough great things about our day of wedding coordinator, she was flawless. We worked with Kate, she was easy to work with and always on top of every little detail. She was always two steps ahead of the game and made the month before our wedding stress free. I was so thankful to have Kate apart of my wedding day, she truly made my day care free and perfect and her attention to detail was impeccable. Thank you for an amazing experience!

All the best,
    Melissa & Brad
  • Christina
    Christina Married on 09/22/2018

Aissa is amazing!

My husband and I met Aissa several years ago when she was the coordinator for his sister's wedding; Everyone was so happy with her that we knew we had to have her for our wedding. To no surprise, Aissa was fantastic. We were able to fully enjoy the entire day without ever having to worry about any logistics or scheduling. Everything was absolutely perfect!! If there were any issues, they were completely unbeknownst to us!
    Aissa was so pleasant to work with from start to finish. She made the entire process stress-free! I'm an organized planner, but after our first meeting I felt so relieved to have her on board - we were already planning out things a month in advance that I likely wouldn't have thought about until last minute! I just kept saying, "I'm just so glad we have Aissa." She is super sweet, incredibly organized and efficient. She was such a comforting presence on the day.
    100% recommend Aissa as a wedding coordinator - there is enough stress involved in wedding planning.. let your self fully enjoy the actual day!
    Thank you Aissa and Wedding Planning Plus!!
    Janine S. Married on 09/22/2018

Actually ENJOY your engagement! WPP has got you!

I was dreading planning a wedding - I didn't know where to start, what I needed, what questions to ask and how to organize all my friends & family while also enjoying this short period of time when we were engaged. Enter Shannon. Shannon was my wedding planner, but she became my therapist, my cheerleader, my friend, my confidant and my partner in this journey. Planning a wedding is an emotional experience and it felt SO good to have someone who was outside my immediate family to be able to talk openly with. Shannon was organized, direct and kept everything flowing. Everyone commented on the fact that my wedding was the most streamlined they'd ever seen. I could go on and on - basically, just hire WPP - you will NOT regret it.
    Brooke Married on 09/22/2018

Wedding Wizard

I am so glad we hired Shannon for month-of coordination. She is extraordinarily organized, exactly the kind of person you want keeping track of all of your wedding details and coordinating moving parts. On the day of, when we discovered we didn't have a few important elements for the ceremony, she jumped into action, found them, and smoothed all the bumps. A warm, professional, and lovely person to work with from start to finish. I highly recommend Shannon and the Wedding Planning Plus team.
    Hayley Married on 08/11/2018
    Shannon made our day absolutely perfect! Her attention to detail and calm demeanor helped make the day calm, and seamless! She was always two steps ahead of us, and thinking about the next thing- we so appreciate all her hard work, and would recommend her service to EVERYONE!