Wedding Planning Plus Reviews

126 | Delmar, NY

126 Reviews for Wedding Planning Plus

Kaitlin Whalen · Married on 08/10/2019

Shannon is so talented and incredibly hard working

When we decided to have an outdoor wedding 4 hours away from home we knew we would need an amazing team of vendors to help us pull it off.  After our first conversation with Shannon, we knew she would be the perfect wedding planner for us and she did not disappoint.

From our first call to our wedding day, Shannon was incredible to work with.  She did a remarkable job of breaking down each step in our planning process into manageable components. Shannon kept us right on track leading up to our wedding and made excellent vendor recommendations along the way. Not only was every call with her fun, but my fiance and I always felt like she understood us and that she had everything under control.

On our wedding day Shannon kept the day moving smoothly and was such a calming presence.  My fiance and I were really able to take a step back and be present with our family and friends.

We had a very particular vision in mind for the day and when Shannon brought us into the tent before our guests arrived, it took our breath away. She absolutely nailed every aspect of our wedding.  Our wedding was incredibly beautiful and when I see pictures of the day, I am in awe of what we were able to accomplish.

Shannon is extremely hard working, from making changes to our rental tables the day before our wedding to pinning up my dress because I danced so hard it broke, she took care of everything.

To make a long story short, hire her, you will not regret it. And if you're a Colgate Alum getting married on campus, DEFINITELY hire her.

Sent on 12/01/2019
  • John

John Rutledge · Married on 06/29/2019

Responsive, attentive and easy to work with!

We found them through this site and we specifically worked with Erin, who was amazing. She saved the day a couple of times. She had worked with the venue before, and even had her wedding there which made the whole thing go much more smoothly. Would recommend the service, they were reasonable. We planned most of the big portions from across the country, and then hired them. Erin took it away from the last month to the day of to wrangle all the venders and family!

Sent on 09/21/2019

Chris and Emily Clark · Married on 06/22/2019

Perfect Wedding Celebration! Thank you Shannon!!!

Working with Shannon was a fantastic experience -- both for us and for our daughter and her fiance/husband! Shannon was recommended to us by another family who had worked with her and had a similarly positive experience. From our initial meeting, Shannon was very attuned to understanding the vision our daughter and her fiance had for their wedding, as well as our goals as parents and hosts for the weekend wedding celebration. She had very strong insights into a broad range of vendors (geographically), and we feel we had the "A Team" of partners (vendors) as a result of Shannon's network (wedding at Lake George, NY, band from Manhattan, caterers from Albany, etc.). While Shannon had not previously organized a wedding at our chosen venue, she quickly immersed herself to become familiar and very comfortable with the location and the local team -- and added significant value in expanding the vision to create the absolutely perfect setting.

The wedding weekend was comprehensive and complex -- 165 guests from all over the world; welcome reception/dinner on Friday night, wedding preparation and festivities on Saturday, farewell brunch on Sunday -- all at different venues with different staffs and caterers; shuttle buses from hotels to venues; etc. Shannon was instrumental in planning virtually the entire wedding weekend, was respectful of our budget, and consistently provided insights and ideas that really made the event even more special -- several times for minimal or even lower cost than what we had budgeted. There is no way that we would have successfully pulled off this type of celebration without Shannon's attention to every detail.

Shannon and her team were particularly helpful on wedding day. She did a fantastic job anticipating every need, created a very thorough and accurate timeline for what was going to happen when (no surprises), and was available at all times to address any concerns or questions -- no matter how trivial.

Shannon was a calming influence throughout the planning process, and skillfully navigated the preparations and discussions with both our daughter and her fiance, as well as with us as parents. We feel strongly that her involvement was a blessing to us throughout the planning process, and helped this period to be a wonderful time for us as a family -- and a time that we will always look back on and cherish.

The whole wedding experience was just terrific -- and we attribute much of this to Shannon and her team. We recommend her without any concerns or reservations! It was a "storybook" celebration -- in large part due to Destination Upstate/Wedding Planning Plus.

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Welles · Married on 06/15/2019

The best planner we could have imagined!

I was an event planner myself for years, so I hope it bears the weight intended when I say that our Wedding Planning Plus engagement was the best and most important money we spent on our wedding! Shannon and her team are incredibly well organized and thorough. I can’t overstate the quality of communication. Shannon is super responsive, and if she’ll be out of pocket for a wedding on a given weekend she always gives you PLENTY of advance warning so you can get any time-sensitive questions in first. They think of EVERYTHING and will make you feel so confident at every turn. What stands out in particular is how much Shannon helped with the collection and relocation of our gifts and speciality items at the end of the wedding, which I admit I had not thought about myself.

In the weeks and months after the wedding, every time we reminisced on the weekend with our families, our parents ALWAYS mentioned how impressed they were with Wedding Planning Plus. They all felt like they were treated as specially as the bride and groom, with their every need addressed before they even had to ask! On a day that often feels as big and important for the parents as for the couple, that meant a lot to all of us.

Shannon has been doing this for years, and it shows in the service she and her team provide. Her professionalism blew us away and she quickly became an important resource and sounding board for us throughout the planning process. I could not recommend her more highly!!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Sheiliesh

Sheiliesh · Married on 05/18/2019

My Right Hand

Jennifer was amazing from the start. She helped me make the right decisions. She made sure I didn't miss a step. I really appreciate her and don't know what I would have done without her. I hired her as a month of coordinator, and I trusted her soo much that she became my decision maker. After all the planning and organizing, when the big day comes, you become so indecisive and you need someone to lead the way, and Jennifer was the one. Hiring someone to work details while you enjoy your wedding is a must. I would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Jenny

Jenny Ryan · Married on 05/10/2019

Piece of Mind times Infinity!!

Our wedding day was absolutely the most perfect and magical day thanks to Shannon and her team! Shannon was so awesome to work with throughout the entire planning process, which led to a flawless and perfect wedding day! The night of our rehearsal, Shannon showed up with an itinerary for everyone in our wedding party and our immediate family members to make sure everyone was on the same page. On the wedding day, anything I needed from food, pictures, bobby pins to fix my hair at the end of the night, coordinating vendors, and things I wasn’t even aware of going on was all taken care of without me even noticing! Shannon and her team’s attention to detail allowed me to enjoy every second of the day and live in the moment instead of worrying all day. Shannon was the greatest piece of mind, everything I could’ve wanted and more! I wouldn’t have done anything differently!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 04/26/2019

So worth it - enjoy your wedding without the stress!!

I literally told Shannon on my wedding day that she was the best thing to ever happen to me. That might be a slight exaggeration (my new husband probably wins that prize), but WPP was absolutely the best money I spent for my wedding. She made the planning process so easy. I loved all the vendors she recommended and didn't have to do nearly as much work doing research, trials, etc. to get awesome vendors. She's super nice, organized, and great to work with. She'll take the time to listen to what kind of wedding you want and suggest vendors accordingly vs. having a cookie cutter plan she uses for everyone. The really valuable part, however, came in her day-of coordinating. She had all the vendors on the same page, and she and her assistants handled absolutely everything you can think of (and a bunch of things you won't think of) on the wedding day. I didn't have to answer a single question from vendors, grab anyone to be in a picture, tell anyone from the wedding party where to be when, pick up cards/gifts/welcome sign the next day, etc. She did it all. I think the best part of hiring WPP is the peace of mind it provides. Something unexpected will inevitably happen on your wedding day, but chances are Shannon has handled it before. For me, one of my bridesmaids' dress split open right before we walked down the aisle. Shannon pinned it up without missing a beat and no one even noticed. Without her, one of my best friends would've had to stand in the back of the church and not be a part of my wedding ceremony. Instead she stood up there with me looking beautiful and now, we have a hilarious story. I know a wedding planner may not sound necessary, but letting yourself enjoy your day while Shannon and her team run the show is invaluable.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Noah · Married on 02/16/2019

They were Great (especially Aissa!)

Aissa and Wedding Wire were incredible. They handled everything perfectly and Aissa was so helpful with everything before and during the big day. Aissa went above and beyond to make sure it was the day we dreamed of!

Sent on 03/28/2019

Melissa · Married on 09/28/2018

I can not say enough great things about our day of wedding coordinator, she was flawless. We worked with Kate, she was easy to work with and always on top of every little detail. She was always two steps ahead of the game and made the month before our wedding stress free. I was so thankful to have Kate apart of my wedding day, she truly made my day care free and perfect and her attention to detail was impeccable. Thank you for an amazing experience!

All the best,
    Melissa & Brad

Sent on 10/11/2018

Brooke · Married on 09/22/2018

Wedding Wizard

I am so glad we hired Shannon for month-of coordination. She is extraordinarily organized, exactly the kind of person you want keeping track of all of your wedding details and coordinating moving parts. On the day of, when we discovered we didn't have a few important elements for the ceremony, she jumped into action, found them, and smoothed all the bumps. A warm, professional, and lovely person to work with from start to finish. I highly recommend Shannon and the Wedding Planning Plus team.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Janine Stafford · Married on 09/22/2018

Actually ENJOY your engagement! WPP has got you!

I was dreading planning a wedding - I didn't know where to start, what I needed, what questions to ask and how to organize all my friends & family while also enjoying this short period of time when we were engaged. Enter Shannon. Shannon was my wedding planner, but she became my therapist, my cheerleader, my friend, my confidant and my partner in this journey. Planning a wedding is an emotional experience and it felt SO good to have someone who was outside my immediate family to be able to talk openly with. Shannon was organized, direct and kept everything flowing. Everyone commented on the fact that my wedding was the most streamlined they'd ever seen. I could go on and on - basically, just hire WPP - you will NOT regret it.

Sent on 10/17/2018
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 09/22/2018

Aissa is amazing!

My husband and I met Aissa several years ago when she was the coordinator for his sister's wedding; Everyone was so happy with her that we knew we had to have her for our wedding. To no surprise, Aissa was fantastic. We were able to fully enjoy the entire day without ever having to worry about any logistics or scheduling. Everything was absolutely perfect!! If there were any issues, they were completely unbeknownst to us!
    Aissa was so pleasant to work with from start to finish. She made the entire process stress-free! I'm an organized planner, but after our first meeting I felt so relieved to have her on board - we were already planning out things a month in advance that I likely wouldn't have thought about until last minute! I just kept saying, "I'm just so glad we have Aissa." She is super sweet, incredibly organized and efficient. She was such a comforting presence on the day.
    100% recommend Aissa as a wedding coordinator - there is enough stress involved in wedding planning.. let your self fully enjoy the actual day!
    Thank you Aissa and Wedding Planning Plus!!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Hayley · Married on 08/11/2018

Shannon made our day absolutely perfect! Her attention to detail and calm demeanor helped make the day calm, and seamless! She was always two steps ahead of us, and thinking about the next thing- we so appreciate all her hard work, and would recommend her service to EVERYONE!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Emily · Married on 08/04/2018

I cannot say enough amazing things about Erin McKee!!! I feel so lucky that I got to work with her on my wedding day. She thought of every little detail and made the last month of planning so easy. I was calm and not stressed out on my wedding day, and it's all because of Erin. Our DJ even mentioned that ours was the first wedding he's worked in years that actual ran on time. Erin truly went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was perfect.

Sent on 09/16/2018

Anna · Married on 06/30/2018

Shannon was a joy to work with! We used her for the "day of' coordination and she was fabulous! Shannon was extremely professional and did a wonderful job communicating with all of our vendors prior to the big day. Having Shannon there on my wedding day made all of the stress melt away. She was on top of everything and kept everyone on schedule. Aside from her professionalism, Shannon is the sweetest person who truly has a passion for what she does. She will make your wedding day a stress-free and memorable day. Thank you Shannon!!!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Jeffrey · Married on 06/09/2018

We used Wedding Planning Plus for month-of coordinating assistance. Shannon was very friendly and professional to work with. It was especially helpful because our venue didn't provide any assistance and we had to bring in/do everything ourselves. The biggest value was having her run logistics on the day of the wedding to ensure everything ran smoothly and so that we could fully enjoy the day. This would not have been possible without Shannon and her team's help!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Dan · Married on 09/23/2017

Working with Shannon was awesome! She had everything covered and knew exactly where to be and when. From making us feel comfortable during photos, to doing on-the-spot repairs on wardrobe malfunctions - she took care of it all. I would definitely recommenced working with her on your big day.

Sincerely,
    Dan & Jess

Sent on 11/08/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/22/2017

If I could give Shannon 10 stars I would! Everyone kept telling me that I was the calmest bride they had ever seen. Well I give alot of credit to Shannon. She took care of every single detail from the timeline to meeting the vendors to putting my flip flops under my table. She is very calm and fun and very attentive to our needs. Right before I was getting ready to walk out of my room to the ceremony my veil fell off, I screamed "omg my veil" She came walking through the door and said "I heard you, i'll fix it" I could go on and on and on. Shannon you are top notch and I can't thank you enough for proving the need for you to my husband!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Erin · Married on 09/09/2017

Shannon was nothing short of amazing! Our day went off without a hitch due to her excellent organizational skills and calm demeanor. I had debated hiring a wedding coordinator, and now I can't imagine how I could have done it without her. I was an editor at a wedding magazine for a few years, but nothing fully prepares you for the amount of planning that goes in. From our first phone call to discuss my Saratoga Springs wedding for 120 guests that we were putting together in just six months, I knew we were in great hands. We were the first wedding being held at our venue, and were planning on an outdoor ceremony, tented dinner reception, followed by dancing with a band in the barn. It was a exactly what I was hoping for, but I knew it meant a ton of moving parts and set-up to be done in a short time. Shannon laid out a detailed itinerary in her online planning program that we could easily access, and it had literally every part of the day listed with a time and details. She contacted all of our vendors and made sure they were up to speed and prepared. There was a threat of rain the week before (which I was a wreck over), and she logically talked us through our options, ensuring that we had a solid plan for the rehearsal dinner and ceremony. The day-of, she kept us right on schedule and managed every detail, right down to bringing the gifts into the house and making sure I had my espadrilles to change into. Our families and wedding party kept commenting how awesome she was, and how the day went so perfectly. My husband and I truly enjoyed every moment of our wedding, and were able to be present to take it all in. We cannot thank Shannon enough for this!!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Austin · Married on 07/29/2017

Shannon was amazing! Our wedding day was perfect and she made everything so simple for us throughout the planning process. Her vendor suggestions were great and we couldn’t be happier with the way things turned out. All of our guests were amazed at how smooth the day went and we owe that to Shannon. I highly recommend working with Shannon, and we are so thankful that we were referred to her!

All the best,
    Austin and Kiki

Sent on 12/17/2017

Caitlin · Married on 07/08/2017

We worked with the fabulous Kate on day-of-coordination services for our recent wedding. To say she was amazing is a complete understatement. We didn't have to worry about a single thing during the weeks leading up to the wedding. She was so positive and genuinely enthusiastic about our plans, some of which were a bit non-traditional, and we absolutely loved working with her. She was so on top of all the little details, and had outstanding judgment. One of my other vendors, who does a ton of weddings, even commented on how organized Kate is and how impressed she was with WPP's day-of itinerary layout. Our day was perfect, and I know that doesn't just happen by accident. We're so happy we chose to work with Wedding Planning Plus, and highly recommend them to other brides and grooms.

Sent on 08/01/2017

Jackie · Married on 07/08/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Erin Rossi from Wedding Planning Plus. She was DEFINITELY worth every penny.

We hired Erin as a Day of Coordinator. We were unsure if we wanted to hire someone to do this early on because it seemed simple, get people from the church to reception and that's it, right? Wrong. There were so many little details that Erin meticulously planned out and coordinated that made our wedding day run flawlessly. She had a HUGE itinerary of the whole day that really went step-by-step. Having that (even if my bridesmaids mocked me) made me feel a lot more comfortable and made it a lot easier to ensure people were in the right place at the right time.

Erin's work with us started about a month before the wedding officially but she was very accessible from the beginning. When we had questions about possible vendors to hire, she was great in providing some insight and helping us out. She also had a very positive attitude and made you feel confident about your decisions.

On the wedding day, she was extremely comforting. It was great to have one point person who knew what was going on and how to deal with situations (like getting me a change of shoes). More than once on my wedding day I found myself saying, "just go ask Erin." She stayed the entire night and even helped us clean up afterwards (she even made sure our card box got securely back to our room). Honestly, I cannot recommend her highly enough. If you are not sure if you need a DOC, you do. Pick Wedding Planning Plus. I'm sure that they are all fantastic there!

Sent on 10/03/2017
  • Z

Zachary · Married on 05/28/2017

Erin! Erin! Erin! It was and always will be about Erin! We can't praise her enough. She brought the charm, warmth, and amazing energy we needed on the day of our wedding to handle every little detail. We loved her because she fit in so well with all of our guests and had the perfect "go with the flow" but also "on it" attitude. We couldn't have done it without her and her team!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Elaine · Married on 05/13/2017

I had met Tomasina (Tommie) while handling other aspects of my wedding and she mentioned she had worked for Wedding Planning Plus if I was interested in day of coordination. I honestly didn't know if I needed it and thought maybe that was one of the expenses I could cut out. NO!!! This is a must if you're planning a pretty large, traditional wedding. I had sat on the card for a couple weeks and then had a bad dream one night everything at my wedding went wrong and I immediatley called Shannon to discuss. What value! Shannon and Tommie were so nice and Tommie was just out of this world. She handled so many things for me: dealing with vendors, coordinating my whole time line with everybody, brought the lunch to the hotel for us while getting ready, brought things I needed to and from the ceremony and reception sites, dropped all our gifts and things to our hotel room at the end of the night... I can go on. And she thought of so many things that I didn't think of like reserving the gazebo where I wanted to take photos and do first look. I really don't know how we would have done it all without her. It was amazing having her be a part of our day and made it all run so smooth even when there was little hiccups like missing bouquets and missing wedding cake lol.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Courtney · Married on 04/29/2017

Aissa was a dream to work with! Aissa kept us on track with coordinating the month leading up to the wedding. She helped calm our nerves by laying out a helpful game plan and responding to our ad hoc questions promptly and patiently. Getting ready for the wedding Aissa was like Mary Poppins providing solutions to everyone's last min request (bride needed last min floss and deo!). All of our vendors commented on how amazing Aissa was too. For example, Aissa thought ahead to request a large table for the bridal suite to allow our hair and make-up artists a space to set up. Aissa was helpful and sweet beyond belief!

Sent on 06/08/2017