Monirose Bespoke Gowns Reviews

Madison, WI
4.8 out of 5 rating, 21 Reviews
View more information

Reviews

Your trust is our goal. Our community relies on honest reviews to help you make those big decisions with ease.
96% recommend it

• Kara
    Kara Sent on 11/03/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Helped achieve my dream dress

Monica worked miracles on my wedding dress. I'm 4'9", DD cup size, and an apple shape, so I knew that my dress would need some love to fit perfectly.

Monica was absolutely the right choice to handle my gown! She shortened the bodice and added boning so the top would fit just right. We added more lace to the sleeves, raised the neckline, and shortened the hem by a LOT. She also recommended that in addition to shortening the train to the right scale, she would create a more rounded train shape to mirror my curvy body shape. She created a great bustle that was easy to fasten and kept the train out of my way during a choreographed first dance. Monica was also a great sounding board as I considered whether to go with a taller or shorter heel and whether to go with shapewear or prioritize comfort (comfort all the way!).

I went from having stress dreams about my dress and worrying that I wouldn't achieve the look I wanted, to looking and feeling like a vintage romantic princess! I felt so great in my gown the entire day - like the best combination of myself and the picture in my head of how I wanted to look as a bride.

I would wholeheartedly recommend Monica to any bride. She is warm, professional, and very skilled, and I felt completely at ease leaving complex alterations in her hands. She listened to all my worries, concerns, and wish list items and totally made them happen. You won't regret bringing her your wedding gown!
    Victoria B. Sent on 01/01/2020

Go with monica!

Monica did a phenomenal job altering my wedding dress! She made me feel so comfortable and made my dress fit like a glove. She was flexible, easy to communicate with, and very professional. I would highly recommend her!
    Kali F. Sent on 01/17/2021

Phenomenal!

Monica did a phenomenal job altering my wedding dress! She was so sweet and patient through the whole process and did everything she could to make the dress fit me perfectly! And I feel like I was pretty nit picky about the tiniest things and it never bothered her. She also added a built in bra to my rehearsal dinner dress. Made me the most beautiful veil using parts of my mom's wedding dress and also made me a custom mask using my mom's wedding dress as well! I've never loved how dresses looked bustled until she showed me a way to bustle the dress so that the train completely disappeared! She altered my mom's and sister's dresses for the wedding as well! I absolutely loved working with her and would recommend her to anyone!

Included are a few photos of my dress, veil, mask, mom's dress, and sister's dress from our wedding photographer, Natural Intuition Photography (www.naturalintuitionphoto.com).
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Grace
    Grace E. Sent on 09/16/2019

Trust Monica!

I am so, so glad I chose Monica to do the alterations on my wedding dress. She is communicative, talented, and her prices are very reasonable. Trust her with your dress - you'll be very glad you did!!
    Sarah Sent on 09/05/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Monica did an amazing job on my wedding dress. My dress was at least two sizes too big so I was worried it wouldn’t be able to be altered to my size. Monica not only altered my dress to the perfect size, but paid an incredible amount of attention to the details. She made sure the dress and bustle sat perfectly, all for a great price. Highly recommend Monica at Monirose!
    Lindsay Sent on 09/26/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Working with Monica was wonderful. She was able to bring my ideas into reality perfectly. We took my Mom's 80's wedding dress and completely made it into something new, without forgetting the old. I am in love with it, and received so many compliments!
    Jeanette Sent on 10/02/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Monica was great to work with for wedding dress alterations! She listened to my concerns about the dress, fixed those issues, and then brought in ideas of her own that made the dress fit perfectly! I had relatively small changes made to my dress, and Monica was very reasonable with the pricing. Thanks Monica!
    Kathryn Sent on 07/31/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Monica is very easy to work with. She's extremely knowledgeable about wedding dresses and goes the extra mile to make sure her customers are satisfied. Her prices are very reasonable. She gives her customers personalized attention and makes sure you know your options. I would definitely recommend her!
    J Sent on 01/06/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Monica is quite simply the best. She took my ideas for a gown and made them into a cohesive, beautiful wedding dress that fit me perfectly AND was reasonably priced. If you are looking for a truly unique wedding dress that is exactly what you want and fits like a glove (because it's made for you from the get go), I highly suggest working with Monica!
    Rachel Sent on 12/10/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Monica took an amazing bridal gown and made it PERFECT. She hemmed, added straps, changed the neckline, fitted the bodice - it was a complete transformation. I'm so glad I made the decision to go with Monirose. I had a complicated dress, heavy beading on the bodice, but she is so skillful and was able to make modifications despite all the delicate beading. She steamed the dress too on pickup, it was picture perfect. And the location? Right next to Tex Tubbs. :) I was in heaven. Thank you for making me into a princess!
    Amanda Sent on 08/16/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I could not have imagined a more perfect gown for me. Monica created the most unique, romantic dress that set the tone for the rest of the day. Monica is so genuine and kind and this comes out in every meeting you have with her, every stitch that goes into the dress. She created the most beautiful dress from a sketch on a piece of paper. A flawless process and I couldn't be happier!
    Melissa Sent on 01/11/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Monica was so easy to work with! She has such an eye for design, but helped make the dress of MY dreams. She made the most beautiful, feminine gown for me that I will cherish forever.
  • User2338857 Sent on 09/28/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Monica was amazing to work with to create custom alteration for my off-the-rack dress. I purchased a gown from a big box store, but had a vision in mind to create a unique lace overlay on the top half reflecting a soft, romantic, vintage feel. She understood my vision to a tee, and went out of her way to make our meetings easy, convenient, and crazy affordable. Given the work she did to create this gorgeous overlay, I can only imagine what her work looks like on a full dress! Thank you for making my vision come true Monica!
  • User1941441 Sent on 11/26/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Monica was amazing to work with!! She brought my vision to life and worked within my budget ($1,000 or less). I tried on several dresses at various bridal shops, but my vision was very specific (tea length, lace sleeve removable top, retro-vibe) and I knew that what I was looking for did not exist in a bridal shop.

After only meeting once, Monica provided me with a sketch that matched EXACTLY what I was looking for! Monica made the entire process fun, exciting, and comfortable. Would definitely recommend!!! :)
  • User2017672 Sent on 01/21/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Once I realized that the wedding dress I wanted did not seem to exist, I began looking for someone who could help create my vision. My searches brought up Monirose, and when I saw her stunning portfolio, I knew she was the right choice. My design was a simple one- but Monica executed it to perfection. It was SO comfortable and fit with our casual outdoor ceremony perfectly. Her talents are astounding, no matter what style of dress you are after- and she's a joy to work with!
  • User2024061 Sent on 01/27/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I was having difficulty finding a dress for my September wedding. You can find a lot of beautiful gowns at bridal stores, but after a while they all start looking the same. Plus I really wanted a dress that was rich in color, which is non-existent unless you’re willing to spend $8,000+ on a designer gown. It was recommended that I contact Monirose Bespoke Gowns, and I am so very thankful for that recommendation. I couldn't have been more thrilled with the whole experience. It was fun, exciting, unique and just wonderful. Monica really took the time to listen to my vision, creating a dress that fit my style perfectly. She was so easy to work with and was very accommodating. I want Monica to create all my dresses! My favorite moment was the thrill right before seeing the final creation. She is truly a talented individual. If I could give her 10 stars, I absolutely would. I whole heartily recommend Monirose Bespoke Gowns to all brides looking to create a one-of-a-kind (and affordable!) dress. You won’t be disappointed.
    Maison Sent on 01/17/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Creating your own wedding gown is one of the most fun, unique, intimate + AMAZING experiences you can possibly partake in leading up to your wedding day. From first meeting with Monica to share your visions + touch all her pretty fabrics, to consultations where you see your vision begin to come to life--it is SO uniquely beautiful to create a dress that NO ONE else has, or ever will, have. Monica is SO gifted, down-to-earth, creative, + KIND :) I will never forget my experience working with Monirose!!
    Monica Sent on 01/17/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Monica is a dear friend, so I knew right away that I wanted her to make my dress and be part of my special day. But I was blown away by her attention to detail, her flexibility with working with my schedule while raising her own family and working with other brides. The quality of my dress was delightful....she had thought of everything! Absolutely sweet, but a very down to earth and practical woman, I highly recommend Monirose! :)
    Ann Sent on 06/23/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I absolutely loved working with Monica. Monica helped me design the perfect gown for my wedding. I wanted something simple for our outdoor wedding - straps with no train. That style of dress is practically unheard of in the wedding industrial complex. Monica crafted an absolutely beautiful gown, and gave me helpful styling advice along the way (that is certainly not my forte)! I am so happy I went with Monica for my wedding dress - she did an amazing job.
    Dierdre Sent on 01/18/2015
      4.0 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I found Monirose by performing a simple Google search, oddly enough! After clicking a few other sites of "dressmakers" and other seamstresses in the area, I was completely blown away by Monirose's website and portfolio. While each dress she had displayed was different than what I was looking for, it was very apparent she knew what she was doing, and would have the complete know-how to create my dress. Within the first few email exchanges, I knew Monica would be my dressmaker. I sent her my ideas and told her what I was envisioning, and she took the time to put together a Pinterest board of visual inspiration based off my thoughts. She hit the nail on the head, and at our first meeting, I was certain she could bring my dreams to life. She understood the overall aesthetic I was hoping to achieve, and had brilliant ideas on details to incorporate into my gown. Over the next few months I was absolutely thrilled to see the dress come to life. It was unbelievable to watch someone take all of those ideas rattling around my head and make them a reality, and Monica did just that. My dress was the most remarkable, breath taking creation, and I am certain the stars brought me to Monirose for that reason. Throughout the entirety of our working relationship, Monica was sincere, genuine, enthusiastic, and unbelievably kind. She handled each detail of the process with such care, it was almost as if she was creating the dress for herself! It was more than just a pleasure working with her, and I will carry those moments and memories in her studio with me for the years to come. I would absolutely, with all of my heart, recommend Monirose to those looking for a pristine, one-of-a-kind gown. But a word of caution - after you receive your Monirose dress, you're never going to want to take it off!
    Cora A. Sent on 04/15/2019
    1 out of 5 rating

Refuses To Work with LGBTQ Brides

Monirose Bridal is openly homophobic and hateful. When my friend reached out for a custom bridal gown, the owner turned her away because "they're not comfortable working with LGBTQ couples". It was a heartbreaking experience, especially to have in a loving place like Madison. I wouldn't want that hate and negativity anywhere near my wedding. I recommend taking your business elsewhere.
illustration stars