Makeup by Jennifer Tanko Reviews

26 | New York, NY

26 Reviews for Makeup by Jennifer Tanko

Bonnie · Married on 07/12/2014

Jenn was AMAZING. She was recommended to me by a friend and I didn't know what to expect. However, during my trial, she was friendly and answered any questions I had.

On the day of, she provided amazing services for me, my bridesmaids and our mothers. She also knew exactly how to do makeup for me as my eyeliner tends to bleed. I also made the mistake of kissing my mom on the cheek and messing up her makeup, which Jenn fixed right away.

Her communication was also spot on - I couldn't have imagined using anyone else as a make-up artist.

I absolutely recommend Jenn to people and hope that my friend who is getting married soon uses her, too!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Kate · Married on 06/28/2014

All of my girls, including myself looked amazing. She is very personal and was great to have in the room with us when we were all getting ready!

Sent on 07/02/2014

Danielle · Married on 04/12/2014

Jenn was highly recommended to me by a friend who had her wedding makeup done by Jenn. SHE IS AMAZING! She was so professional and so kind and so sweet! She did my makeup, my mother's, aunt's, and three bridesmaids for the day of! She was even very calm and positivie despite my limo driver having hit her car that morning! Yikes! Poor girl, but she didn't let that rattle her positive attitude or take away from helping me! She's so amazing!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Maureen · Married on 12/14/2013

I cannot say enough about Jennifer. She did my make-up as well as all of my bridesmaids. I couldn't have been happier with my make-up and same with my girls. In addition to her talent as a make-up artist, Jennifer has an easy going, fun loving personality... and is exactly the kind of person you want around on your wedding day.

Sent on 01/03/2014

Allison · Married on 11/02/2013

Jen was amazing! She did my makeup, as well as my five bridesmaids. I couldn't have felt more beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Tristen · Married on 10/12/2013

I can not say enough about Jen! From the second I met with her, she assured me she could meet my needs. I recently had become highly allergic to pretty much every type of make- up alive and all I wanted was to wear make- up on my wedding day. I had contacted her about a year prior to our wedding and explained my situation. She suggested I try Bare Minerals and luckily it worked. She agreed to use this make- up me, even though this was not a product she provides. I provided the make- up and she applied it for a reduced price, which was much appreciated. The day of our wedding, she not only did my make- up, but also my 6 bridesmaids and my mom. Everyone looked absolutely stunning and we got so many compliments. All of our make- up held up during the pouring down rain that occurred during our outdoor ceremony. It was natural and in no way over the top. She was an absolute delight to have in the hotel room while we were all getting ready. I would absolutely use her again!

Sent on 12/29/2013

Jen was amazing! My makeup looked beautiful and natural. I would recommend her to anyone! The airbrush makeup she used stayed on all night and it didn't feel heavy. Thank you Jen for making me feel and look beautiful!

Sent on 11/11/2013

I absolutely loved my make up for my wedding! She does a wonderful job. I highly recommend her to anyone needing a make up artist.

Sent on 08/07/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Jennifer! She did all our of makeup for my wedding and everyone looked stunning! Our makeup was flawless and it lasted all night long, I was sad to take it off! She is such a great person and made the whole experience a ton of fun! She does amazing work and would highly recommend her to anyone and everyone looking for makeup!! Thank you so much Jennifer, you were wonderful!

Sent on 06/04/2013

Megan · Married on 04/06/2013

Jennifer Tanko did an AMAZING job on my bridal makeup!! I couldn't have been more pleased. What I was most excited about was the wonderful job she did on my mother, grandmother and all 9 of my bridesmaids... each girl looked absolutely stunning, and each one felt as beautiful as they looked. Jen has a real talent for enhancing each girl's features while catering to what the girls wanted. The finished product was a HAPPY, confident group of girls and some beautiful, beautiful pictures!! I would reccommend Jen to ANYONE! She is fantastic!!

Sent on 04/22/2013

Lisa · Married on 10/07/2012

Jen's quality and level of service is beyond excellent! She responds in a timely manner, is professional, flexible, and fun! She adds to the happiness of woman's most special day, and her work produces nothing short of the blushing bride!

Sent on 01/07/2013

Beverly · Married on 09/01/2012

Jennifer was amazing! All the girls who got their makeup done loved her!! I contacted her a little over a week before my wedding, and we were still able to schedule a trial! She worked with my hectic schedule so patiently. She was on time and so relaxed during the chaos of getting everyone ready on the wedding day... Her calmness and friendliness definitely helped me relax. Her work is gorgeous (esp the airbrushing). I'm so lucky I found her :)

Sent on 09/18/2012

Jen was AWESOME! I am very picky when it comes to make up and Jen was able to give me such a beautiful, natural look! I had comments all night at the wedding from guests asking me who did my make up. She did airbrush for my face, and my skin literally looked flawless. Not only does she do beautiful work but she is a great person! She has such an outgoing personality that made me feel so comfortable to tell her exactly what I wanted. I recommend Jen to all the brides out there who want to look beautiful on your wedding day!!! Her prices are very reasonable as well.

Sent on 06/25/2012

Lydia · Married on 06/02/2012

Jen is incredible. On top of being a fantastic makeup artist, her personality is wonderful too. She did a beautiful job on my makeup for the wedding. I received so many compliments, I want her to do my face every day! :) My new hubby said I was 'hot!' :) I will definitely use her again and recommend her to everyone I know.

Sent on 06/06/2012

Jordan · Married on 05/28/2012

Jen was amazing! She was flexible and set out to make myself and my wedding party feel great and end up with the perfect makeup. So many people commented on how naturally beautiful my makeup looked. She made me feel 100% at ease and was there for last minute touch ups so everyone looked great! Thanks Jen!!

Sent on 06/06/2012

Kat · Married on 05/05/2012

Jennifer was the perfect professional! She met with me months before the wedding to try out different styles and colors. She had quite the arsenal of makeup and brushes, and even an airbrush system. Both of my bridesmaids and both of the mothers had their makeup done on the day of the wedding, as well as myself. Jennifer arrived promptly and did everybody's makeup beautifully. She really took into account everybody's age and skin coloring. We all looked beautiful the day of the wedding, and received many compliments! Our photographer even mentioned how natural our makeup looked, and how well it photographed. I was so pleased to have chosen Jennifer as our makeup artist- she really became a part of our special day, joking around with us in the hotel room and helping calm everybody's nerves. I would recommend her to any (and all!) of my friends who are getting married or getting ready for a special event. She was also very affordable and flexible with all of our requests. I couldn't have been more happy that I chose Jennifer for our special day. Many thanks!!!!

Sent on 06/13/2012

Stacey · Married on 04/29/2012

Jen is AMAZING!!!! Everyone's makeup was beautiful!! Jen had 9 women to do make up on for my wedding and she picked the perfect look and color for each person. She is very professional and quickly responds to any questions or concerns that I had leading up to my wedding. I will definitely use Jennifer in the future for any special events that I need to look especially gorgeous:)

Sent on 05/07/2012

judy · Married on 04/13/2012

Jennifer Tanko is beyond any other make up artist i've ever had she came to our wedding prepared & excited to work. i can't say how thankful we are for the job that she did. we looked amazing & like dolls... i would truly recommend her to anyone else who wants someone to be on time. do a good job and give a excellent result... thank you jennifer and we truly appreciate you.

Sent on 04/19/2012

Laurie · Married on 11/12/2011

Jen is amazing!! My original makeup artist had a last-minute family emergency and Jen came in and saved the day! Her knowledge of makeup is top-notch, she brings an extensive line of products with her, she was able to translate everyone's "vision" of what they wanted into reality and she's such a nice and fun person! Since she is the pro, I gave her carte blanche and I lost track of how many compliments on I got, specifically on the makeup. You, your mom, mother-in-law and your bridesmaids will be so excited and pleased with Jen!

Sent on 11/28/2011

Hoicowitz · Married on 10/15/2011

Jennifer was amazing to work with!!! She is so flexible and easygoing, and had so many great suggestions to make me look and feel beautiful on my most special day!

Sent on 11/08/2011

Kristina · Married on 10/08/2011

Jennifer is absolutely AMAZING! She was willing to drive to our location - which was not local for her, and better yet, willing to arrive at 4am to start working since my wedding was at 11:30am. Jennifer was a blast to work with. She did the make-up for me (the bride), 8 bridesmaids and the 2 mothers. Every single on of us looked stunning! I received so many compliments on the wedding day about our make-up - most of whom said usually the make-up is really un-natural at weddings - not the case if you use Jennifer :-)

Sent on 11/09/2011

Laura · Married on 09/04/2011

Jennifer is amazing. She's creative, talented, super fun to work with and listens to her clients. She's very friendly and personable, and she always does exactly what I ask for and makes it better than I could have imagined. She's a delight!

Sent on 11/16/2011

Laura · Married on 09/04/2011

Jen is a beautiful makeup artist! I felt so gorgeous on my wedding day thanks to her. She puts her clients first and makes everyone look gorgeous. She did my makeup, my 7 bridesmaids and both the mothers. She made it seem like a breeze. Everyone was beautiful. She is efficient and caring. Does beautiful work.

Sent on 07/26/2014

Kathleen · Married on 05/07/2011

Jennifer was wonderful! Bridesmaids ranged in age from 15 to 40, and she made each and everyone beautiful. Very professional, I would highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/08/2011

Shelbi · Married on 07/07/2012

Jenn was AMAZING!! She has done my makeup a few times now and I intend to continuing using her as a makeup artist if she will have me :) She is very professional and so talented! I recommend her x1000 for any event!

Sent on 07/30/2012