Iman Bridal Couture Reviews

14 | Glen Head, NY

14 Reviews for Iman Bridal Couture

Holly · Married on 03/16/2013

beautiful things!!!! and lovely to work with!!!

Sent on 03/29/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 07/09/2011

Iman was a pleasure to work with! She helped all of my bridesmaids with anything they needed and was very attentive with my needs. Everything she promised she truly came through with it. I loved her honesty! She was very sweet and attentive. I loved that my dress was so unique and special that it made me feel like the princess i always dreamt of! Iman is extremely fairly priced and has a first class store.

Sent on 08/03/2011

Jane · Married on 01/19/2011

Great store with beautiful gowns and great service...but dont take my word for it..go in and see for yourself...Iman is the best !! :)

Sent on 02/03/2011

Lauren · Married on 01/01/2011

I can not say enough good things about Iman. Her selection is amazing, she is the most attentive and dedicated professional I have worked with throughout the entire wedding process. I have sent numerous friends and family members to her who were all extremely happy, and recently had the pleasure of being the BRIDE myself!!
    I went to other dress stores before Iman's and could have easily walked out of there with 10+ dresses that I loved.
    Each visit was better than the next and I would reccommend anyone I know to her!
    I will tell you brides, Iman is going to be honest with you, and while everyone else around you is telling you how amazing you look in EVERY dress you put on, Iman will put you in the RIGHT dress and when it's the ONE, you will know!!!

Sent on 07/13/2011

Jennifer · Married on 10/23/2010

I bought my beautiful wedding dress at Iman Bridal, and did all of my fittings there. Iman, Janet and Therese were amazing! Iman gave me great honest opinions, which are often hard to find when looking for bridal gowns. She didn't just tell me everything looked good on me (that's what your mom or best friend is for). She instead helped me decide what I liked / didn't like about each dress and eventually helped me find the dress of my dreams!!! Working with a small dress store was so much more pleasant than working with some of those big warehouses. They treated me and my family like their own!

Sent on 03/01/2011

Jacklyn · Married on 03/06/2009

MUST READ:
    I had originally purchased my wedding gown, and my bridesmaid dresses from The Bridal Courture of Manhassat. I was a little dissappointed with how my bridesmaids were treated, however, I was confident and happy with my purchases and prices UNTIL, they had to close their store due to financial issues. Fine. I understand, however, they became unreachable, and unprofessional during the time that most girls have fittings, and have a gown in their possession. Bridal Couture of Manhassat promised my gown at a certain time, and I didn't have it, they promised my bridesmaid dresses at a certain time, again, no show. When I FINALLY got in touch with them, they wanted to ship my $2500 gown to my door step and pay COD! I asked them to ship it to a store and I would pay then. They shipped it to Iman's!

IT WAS A WONDEFUL EXPERIENCE! Iman's took over every worry I had and dealt with Bridal Couture directly. I didn't have a gown until 3 weeks prior to my wedding, my bridesmaids didn't have dresses until 2 weeks before my wedding and Iman made the calls, she set up appointments, she spoke to the necessary people and took GREAT care of me and my family. Iman and Teresa made me believe that everything would be fine, and perfect and it was the truth.

My mom's gown, ordered from another Courture place in Great Neck, had been made incorrectly, and the owner was unprofessional about the whole situation. Iman brought my mother upstairs and showed her what she could do for her. Teresa and Iman took great care of my mom, and we all looked beautiful for my special day. I am forever greatful to Iman and Teresa and all the women who helped me keep my cool so close to my wedding day. What a wonderful experience. I only wish I had dealt with them from the beginning. Thank you ladies!

Sent on 06/24/2009
  • F

cara · Married on 10/12/2008

2.8
      2.5
      2.0
      2.5
      2.0

they were ok, a little annoying I had to have them alter a dress thay gave me a hard time and wanted to charge extra....... word to the wise get everything is writting befroe you agree on a price. I had a destination wedding, they did not package the dress for me.... it was extra.... and I think my veil that I bought from elsewhere was lost during a fitting, they did not seem to care. I had to order and pay for another one!

Sent on 11/16/2008

Maria · Married on 04/30/2011

0.4
      0.5

DO NOT TRUST IMAN! I REPEAT DO NOT TRUST IMAN. I swear she will put you to tears to know what this women does with her dresses! Let me tell you... I never write reviews on the computer and I felt so bad that I had to let all the brides and mothers know what happened to me! Iman lets you try on a dress and lets you fall in love with it..then she says she going to order a new beautiful one for you. So you wait for months for your gown... so you go in to try it ...and you realize it's the same exact dress you tried on the 1st time and she never ordered you a brand new dress! So basically she charges you a ton of money for a dress that everyone has tried on and is the floor model. So Please Be Aware.... Ive cried my eyes out and I don't want that to happen to any of you!!!!!! I can't stand when people lie! She obviously is having money issues with that place and is trying to get every penny she can. I

Sent on 05/05/2011
  • .

. · Married on 03/01/2010

0.4

................................

Sent on 01/08/2011

0.0

Is it possible to give this review a ZERO. Bridals beware! They start off really nice.. they want to sell you that "perfect wedding day" and everything runs really smooth until your realize that they cant do alterations. I purchased my wedding dress here and were do I start. you DONT get what you pay for here! Dont be fooled by the zip code and location!

1. the night before my wedding I open the bag to realize my dress was NEVER ironed..
    2. my dress stretched during my reception now i am unable to have any photos from the back of my dress... 3. As for bridesmaid dresses, the alterations were done HORRIBLE. A few of the dresses didn't even fit and the "custom made flowergirl dress" was anything but custom..
    4. Not to mention the owner can be very nasty to her clients

Sent on 07/09/2012

Annemarie · Married on 08/03/2013

0.0

I originally visited this store in August 2012 when it was still Iman Bridal Couture. Even though I ended up buying my dress somewhere else, I returned to this store for my alterations, accessories and bridesmaid dresses because I was so happy with the service I had received there. By the time I had my appointment for my first fitting, the store had been taken over by Ceszar Da Laza. I was a little uncomfortable leaving my dress there with the new owner, but since it was the same seamstress, I figured it would be ok. When I returned for my second fitting appointment (which I had confirmed two weeks before) the store was totally empty with no indication of where they went. I eventually tracked down Da Laza through the landlord of the original location of the store. When I went to the new address, it was clear they had moved it, but no one was there and the store was not set up yet. When some of the staff finally showed up, I recognized them from when the store was owned by Iman and they tried to help me find my dress. Eventually, they got Ceszar on the phone and I was not at all happy with what he had to say. He got very defensive with me and implied that it was my fault that I didn't know the store had moved because I didn't check his facebook page. After several minutes of very heated conversation, it came out that my dress and veil were at his home in Queens because he had put them there temporarily in the move. I was reluctant to leave the store without them, but the women who worked there assured me that they would make sure I got my dress. When I returned the next day, I picked up my dress and veil, but did not receive buttons that I had paid for and did not have the alterations done that I had already paid for as well. I highly suggest that brides find somewhere else to get their bridal gowns.

Sent on 08/22/2013

Hedy · Married on 07/20/2013

0.0

HORRIBLE. Girls - stay away. I ordered my dress from Iman Baccash - LAST year - I never got it. She sold out under me to Cezar of Da Laza Couture. Both are scammers and not good people. I lost $2,500 and got jerked around up until the end which is now three weeks away from my wedding and all I saw today when I sat in the NEW location because they got evicted from the original location was just a very late semestress with material. I showed up at 5:30 for my "first fitting" guess what my first fitting was? It was material!!! Three weeks away from wedding and my coture custom made gown that I ordered a year ago is still material. $5000 plus and you think three weeks prior a thread would have been sewn. Not to mention the other three brides I ran into that were crying . One of them was getting married in three days and they lost her veil and belt - AND they never did the alterations!!! Poor girl. At least I have time to find another dress but I warn you all to stay away from Iman Baccash and Cezar of Da Laza Couture - they will both hurt you and steal your money. Talk of a class action lawsuit is in the process. WARNING GIRLS!!

Sent on 06/27/2013

Laurie · Married on 06/18/2012

0.0

Buyer beware!!! These people are criminals!! They will take your money and run!!!! Numerous brides have been left with nothing after spending thousands!! Don't be fooled

Sent on 06/29/2013

MARNIE · Married on 10/01/2011

0.0

Do not get your dress at Iman's I repeat do not get your dress at Iman's!!!! I wish I read the reviews before I purchased my dress. I was in tears at every fitting. Like the other reviews said "do not trust Iman" really do not trust her!!!!!

Sent on 12/15/2011