Diana Deane Bridal Design & Alterations Reviews

12 | Brooklyn, NY

12 Reviews for Diana Deane Bridal Design & Alterations

Cortney · Married on 04/20/2019

a godsend for alterations for my wedding dress

Super easy to work with and impeccable work. So glad I hightailed it from Kleinfeld's outrageous alteration minimum in favor of her wonderful service.

Sent on 05/13/2019

melissa · Married on 11/10/2018

cannot recommend highly enough!

Diana was amazing the whole way through. Initially, I'd wanted to alter and wear my mother's dress, and she was very game to work with us to come up with the right design. Ultimately, I wound up finding a new dress that fit me better, and Diana wound up altering that for my Nov 2018 wedding. It fit me like a glove and felt s comfortable all night. Diana's studio is beautiful and really well-located if you're taking the train or driving in. Her staff is prompt and courteous. But most importantly, she does incredible work and is very reasonably and fairly priced. My not-very-extensive dress alterations would have cost a minimum of $800 at Kleinfeld's, and I think we paid a few hundred with Diana? Truly cannot recommend highly enough-- I've already told so many friends already. I just wish she worked on non-bridal dresses, because I would be sending even more work her way!

Sent on 12/31/2018

Rebecca · Married on 06/03/2018

Diana is the best for wedding dress alterations! She’s super friendly, knowledgeable, and talented. She was also really honest about what could be done and what wouldn’t look right. She also had a cool way to add in my “something blue” to my dress. I totally trusted her with my wedding dress, and I’ve already sent my friends who are getting married to her as well. Bonus — her shop is stunning, so it’s a joy to have appointments there.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Lisa · Married on 02/03/2018

Diana was amazing!! I booked my first dress fitting pretty far in advance so had no issues with finding availability. I emailed her prior to explain my gown and what alterations I anticipated needing (even though it was probably unnecessary) and she was quick and professional in response. Her appointment booking platform is great, and you’ll get reminder emails as well. Sounds seemingly simple, but not all vendors provide this! She herself was super warm, friendly, and hospitable. It felt like we were old friends! The fitting was super quick itself—she expertly pinned and tucked the fabric without needing much prompt from me. She was intuitive and responded well to my questions or requests. Even though she was lightning fast, she never made me feel rushed, and was happy to have me fuss around in my dress as long as I wanted. The alterations themselves were insanely fast, too. Done in 3 weeks—even around the holidays and during her moving store fronts! I only needed 2 appointments total, no extra fitting appointment and the first round of alternations. She nailed it on the first try. I felt like a million bucks in my dress! The bustle she added is beautiful and easy to use. Her pricing is excellent as well for the quality and speed of service. Would highly highly recommend! Thank you Diana!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Allie · Married on 11/11/2017

Diana was AMAZING to work with on my wedding dress alterations. Not only did she do a beyond fantastic job, she fully listened to what I wanted out of the non-returnable dress I purchased and totally delivered. I just needed the dress shortened and the straps taken up, but the skirt was cut on a bias, the overlay was all hand-beading and sequins, and I wanted to take the train in significantly...Diana did all of this without the finished dress looking like it had been altered in any way (other than to fit my body perfectly). I wasn't in a time crunch but I got my dress back from Diana in a couple of weeks and she saved the extra fabric for me in case I wanted to do something with it.

The thing that really sets Diana apart, though, is that she was incredibly communicative via email even before I became a client. I had a serious budget to stick to for my wedding and needed to find a seamstress/tailor who could alter my dress without charging me a fortune. Diana understood and asked for a photo of my in the dress before booking an appointment so she could offer a quote. When the quote came in, it was nearly HALF what every other tailor had said for the same work. She also accepts credit cards which is awesome.

Diana is also just really, really cool. Her studio is a little hard to find on your first visit—it's in an apartment building, not a storefront, so you have to ring a doorbell to gain entry—but once you're in there she makes you feel comfortable and welcome. I ended up hanging out for an hour when I went to pick up my dress because I was having so much fun talking to Diana and playing with her adorable pup. Would recommend Diana one million percent!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/07/2017

Diana is a sweetheart and amazing with a needle! She made my veil and altered my off-the-rack wedding dress to perfection and did the work at a very reasonable price (at least based on my comparison of other available options). I honestly wish I could bring every article of clothing I own to her so they all fit as perfect as my dress did - It was strapless and didn't budge all night! Also, I bought the dress with a straight across back but wanted it altered to a slight V and it came out exactly how I asked for it!

Sent on 02/09/2018

Chanjala · Married on 09/30/2017

Diana made my wedding dress and it was amazing. She is patient, responsive, fun to work with and very talented. I highly highly recommend her if you're looking for someone to make your custom wedding dress!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Katie · Married on 08/05/2017

Diana did an excellent job on my wedding dress alterations. I came from Manhattan to avoid the insane prices and horrible reviews I had seen for other places closer, and the trip to her little shop was absolutely worth it..I would suggest taking a car instead of the subway. I wore my dress in a bustle the entire day/night, it held through lots of dancing and walking, and the dress fit perfectly. I did not need multiple visits. Scheduling an appt was super easy, and she has a really quick turn around, no need to go months in advance. Price is very reasonable. I recommend her services and would use her again.

Sent on 09/07/2017

Sarah · Married on 04/29/2017

Diana is amazing! She did an absolutely wonderful job on my wedding dress. It only took her about a week for the first round of alterations. There were a couple of adjustments needed, and she had the dress done and ready in 2 days. I am beyond impressed at how quickly she was able to do all of the alterations, and the quality was excellent. I got so many compliments on my dress, and I thank Diana for that!

Sent on 05/27/2017

natalie · Married on 09/30/2016

I’m going to try to make a long story short:

I had a baby recently and my whole body changed, which resulted in dragging my feet in finding a wedding dress. A month from my wedding, I picked a dress out of desperation, but it didn’t fit right and even came with sleeves about 6 inches too short. It was a disaster and so was I. Then enters who I refer to as my ‘alteration angel’, Diana. While other well-known seamstresses in Brooklyn made me feel like a monster for inquiring about helping me with my dress so close to my wedding, Diana said, ‘Sure, no problem, bring it in’. Wow! The first person who made me feel at ease instead of like crap. Then, when I came, she proceeded to alter my dress to my size. But when I had it on, fitting perfectly, I still didn’t like it. ‘No problem’ says my AA (alteration angel), we will do some stylistic changes on the dress. When I came back a few days later, the dress was TOTALLY different and in a good way...but I still didn’t like it. I was now 2 weeks out from my wedding. I looked her in the eye and told her I was a practical person, but that I really needed permission to scrap this dress and get a new one. I thought she might sway me as my wedding was 2 weeks out. I thought she might lie to me and tell me the dress looked beautiful on me. But no, she told me the truth. That the dress was crap and didn’t look great and I should find a dress I love. I promptly found my dream dress, but it was way too big. ‘No problem’ said my AA and she proceeded to alter the dress to fit like a glove the week of my wedding, which turned out to be the day after HER wedding. She did all of this while she still had to plan and make her wedding dress and she never seemed stressed and she never made me feel stressed! She was like my therapist, I swear! She is truly amazing! Go to her!!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Annabel · Married on 10/12/2018

Sarah was an absolute delight to work with. She made my alteration experience very enjoyable and stress free. Her work was beautiful and the prices were refreshingly affordable which I truly TRULY appreciated!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Jennifer · Married on 11/11/2017

I brought in my dress for some alterations-bustling the train and taking in the top. The changes were easily and quickly handled and I couldn't be happier. Absolutely no fuss. Although, I brought in a dress, the dresses she is creating herself are gorgeous and her work impeccable. She definitely has an eye for design, but can also easily make the alterations you need for an existing dress. Highly recommend her.

Sent on 09/25/2017