Diana Deane Bridal Design & Alterations Reviews

Diana Deane Bridal Design & Alterations 6
Diana Deane Bridal Design & Alterations 7

Sarah Van Etten · Married on 08/17/2019

GREAT first fitting!

Walking into Diana Deane Bridal was like stepping into something out of a movie. All the furnishings down to the frame around the mirror were stylish and well matched. The layout felt comfortable and all the dresses I saw looked amazing! I visited Diana for an alteration of a gown I purchased elsewhere, and she was so calm and precise throughout the whole process - it really put me at ease. She answered so many of my questions before I even asked them and showed me different options by pinning things different ways. She also let me know about easy alterations that could be made when I come back in for my next fitting if they make sense after the other work is done. I walked away feeling confident that the final product is going to fit me perfectly! Thank you so much!

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Nia

Nia · Married on 07/07/2019

Diana is a pro

I was referred to Diana Deane Bridal by my makeup artist, Melisa who happened to have gotten married and used her services. Diana is such a pro, I went in for my initial fitting, she made sure my fitted dress was sculpted to my body, hemmed it based on my needs for the day, and even did my bustle for my train (it looked amazing with all the pins in it, that’s how I knew it was going to be beautiful.. and I was right). I literally went in for my follow-up fitting a couple weeks later and I took it home. Easy Peazy ... my dress looks amazing. Can’t wait to post pictures.

Sent on 06/01/2019
  • Y

Yana Manevich · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing Experience

It was so great working with Diana - not only did she give me a fair price for altering my wedding dress, but she knew exactly the look I was going for and did such a great job with such quick turnaround! Thank you for making me feel like a princess on my big day!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 05/25/2019

Diana is a true gem

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Diana! After picking up my dress from Lovely Bride, I was in a total panic that it didn't look how I expected when I had ordered it. Through a chance encounter, someone recommended Diana and I called her immediately. The first hint at how wonderful she is: she called me back after hours when their heat had gone out (in February), asked me to send photos of the dress, and talked me through my options that day. After spending 15-20 minutes talking to me on the phone, I felt so much better. I came in for a few rounds of alterations, and while the dress looked a lot better than when I picked it up, she saw the lack of spark in my eyes when looking in the mirror and gave me permission to be honest about my feelings, not completely loving the dress. She suggested all kinds of options, from customizations to creating a whole custom dress, and again, was willing to spend her lunch break throwing options back & forth with me. She was always completely honest and mindful of my budget, rather than letting me spend all kinds of money on crazy ideas. In the end, she squeezed in tailoring a whole new dress from Bhldn at the start of busy wedding season, and helped me put together a whole look that made me look and feel great on my wedding day. She was wonderful with alterations, but even better with helping me work through my anxieties and fears, and felt like my fairy godmother/stylish older sister by the end of it. She also creates the most incredible dresses and accessories, and if I could start over, I'd just go straight to her and not mess around with the boutiques that tell you what they can to sell you a dress, not to make you look and feel your best.

Sent on 06/24/2019
    Diana Deane Bridal Design & Alterations 8
    Diana Deane Bridal Design & Alterations 9
    Diana Deane Bridal Design & Alterations 10
    Diana Deane Bridal Design & Alterations 11
    Diana Deane Bridal Design & Alterations 12

Cortney · Married on 04/20/2019

a godsend for alterations for my wedding dress

Super easy to work with and impeccable work. So glad I hightailed it from Kleinfeld's outrageous alteration minimum in favor of her wonderful service.

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 03/31/2019

Stress-free alterations and a veil for a "no-veil" girl

Diana is all around a very talented and lovely person! So grateful I found her. My dress from BHLDN (Jenny Yoo “Octavia”) didn’t need a whole lot done it it, but I was quoted a lot more at other salons. Diana shortened the straps, added a cup, and did a simple bustle that attached in 5 seconds and held up through tons of dancing! Also, after insisting I didn’t want a veil for months, I even found my dream veil at her salon, made by her, so simple and light, and the perfect finishing touch to my dress! She finished my alterations and crafted my veil in about two weeks, and was very fairly priced. Finally, her little shop in Williamsburg is beautiful, and she designs gorgeous gowns herself and does custom work. Don’t think twice, just go to Diana!

Sent on 07/02/2019
    Diana Deane Bridal Design & Alterations 19
    Diana Deane Bridal Design & Alterations 20
    Diana Deane Bridal Design & Alterations 21

melissa · Married on 11/10/2018

cannot recommend highly enough!

Diana was amazing the whole way through. Initially, I'd wanted to alter and wear my mother's dress, and she was very game to work with us to come up with the right design. Ultimately, I wound up finding a new dress that fit me better, and Diana wound up altering that for my Nov 2018 wedding. It fit me like a glove and felt s comfortable all night. Diana's studio is beautiful and really well-located if you're taking the train or driving in. Her staff is prompt and courteous. But most importantly, she does incredible work and is very reasonably and fairly priced. My not-very-extensive dress alterations would have cost a minimum of $800 at Kleinfeld's, and I think we paid a few hundred with Diana? Truly cannot recommend highly enough-- I've already told so many friends already. I just wish she worked on non-bridal dresses, because I would be sending even more work her way!

Sent on 12/31/2018

Rebecca · Married on 06/03/2018

Diana is the best for wedding dress alterations! She’s super friendly, knowledgeable, and talented. She was also really honest about what could be done and what wouldn’t look right. She also had a cool way to add in my “something blue” to my dress. I totally trusted her with my wedding dress, and I’ve already sent my friends who are getting married to her as well. Bonus — her shop is stunning, so it’s a joy to have appointments there.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Lisa · Married on 02/03/2018

Diana was amazing!! I booked my first dress fitting pretty far in advance so had no issues with finding availability. I emailed her prior to explain my gown and what alterations I anticipated needing (even though it was probably unnecessary) and she was quick and professional in response. Her appointment booking platform is great, and you’ll get reminder emails as well. Sounds seemingly simple, but not all vendors provide this! She herself was super warm, friendly, and hospitable. It felt like we were old friends! The fitting was super quick itself—she expertly pinned and tucked the fabric without needing much prompt from me. She was intuitive and responded well to my questions or requests. Even though she was lightning fast, she never made me feel rushed, and was happy to have me fuss around in my dress as long as I wanted. The alterations themselves were insanely fast, too. Done in 3 weeks—even around the holidays and during her moving store fronts! I only needed 2 appointments total, no extra fitting appointment and the first round of alternations. She nailed it on the first try. I felt like a million bucks in my dress! The bustle she added is beautiful and easy to use. Her pricing is excellent as well for the quality and speed of service. Would highly highly recommend! Thank you Diana!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Allie · Married on 11/11/2017

Diana was AMAZING to work with on my wedding dress alterations. Not only did she do a beyond fantastic job, she fully listened to what I wanted out of the non-returnable dress I purchased and totally delivered. I just needed the dress shortened and the straps taken up, but the skirt was cut on a bias, the overlay was all hand-beading and sequins, and I wanted to take the train in significantly...Diana did all of this without the finished dress looking like it had been altered in any way (other than to fit my body perfectly). I wasn't in a time crunch but I got my dress back from Diana in a couple of weeks and she saved the extra fabric for me in case I wanted to do something with it.

The thing that really sets Diana apart, though, is that she was incredibly communicative via email even before I became a client. I had a serious budget to stick to for my wedding and needed to find a seamstress/tailor who could alter my dress without charging me a fortune. Diana understood and asked for a photo of my in the dress before booking an appointment so she could offer a quote. When the quote came in, it was nearly HALF what every other tailor had said for the same work. She also accepts credit cards which is awesome.

Diana is also just really, really cool. Her studio is a little hard to find on your first visit—it's in an apartment building, not a storefront, so you have to ring a doorbell to gain entry—but once you're in there she makes you feel comfortable and welcome. I ended up hanging out for an hour when I went to pick up my dress because I was having so much fun talking to Diana and playing with her adorable pup. Would recommend Diana one million percent!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/07/2017

Diana is a sweetheart and amazing with a needle! She made my veil and altered my off-the-rack wedding dress to perfection and did the work at a very reasonable price (at least based on my comparison of other available options). I honestly wish I could bring every article of clothing I own to her so they all fit as perfect as my dress did - It was strapless and didn't budge all night! Also, I bought the dress with a straight across back but wanted it altered to a slight V and it came out exactly how I asked for it!

Sent on 02/09/2018

Chanjala · Married on 09/30/2017

Diana made my wedding dress and it was amazing. She is patient, responsive, fun to work with and very talented. I highly highly recommend her if you're looking for someone to make your custom wedding dress!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Katie · Married on 08/05/2017

Diana did an excellent job on my wedding dress alterations. I came from Manhattan to avoid the insane prices and horrible reviews I had seen for other places closer, and the trip to her little shop was absolutely worth it..I would suggest taking a car instead of the subway. I wore my dress in a bustle the entire day/night, it held through lots of dancing and walking, and the dress fit perfectly. I did not need multiple visits. Scheduling an appt was super easy, and she has a really quick turn around, no need to go months in advance. Price is very reasonable. I recommend her services and would use her again.

Sent on 09/07/2017

Sarah · Married on 04/29/2017

Diana is amazing! She did an absolutely wonderful job on my wedding dress. It only took her about a week for the first round of alterations. There were a couple of adjustments needed, and she had the dress done and ready in 2 days. I am beyond impressed at how quickly she was able to do all of the alterations, and the quality was excellent. I got so many compliments on my dress, and I thank Diana for that!

Sent on 05/27/2017

natalie · Married on 09/30/2016

I’m going to try to make a long story short:

I had a baby recently and my whole body changed, which resulted in dragging my feet in finding a wedding dress. A month from my wedding, I picked a dress out of desperation, but it didn’t fit right and even came with sleeves about 6 inches too short. It was a disaster and so was I. Then enters who I refer to as my ‘alteration angel’, Diana. While other well-known seamstresses in Brooklyn made me feel like a monster for inquiring about helping me with my dress so close to my wedding, Diana said, ‘Sure, no problem, bring it in’. Wow! The first person who made me feel at ease instead of like crap. Then, when I came, she proceeded to alter my dress to my size. But when I had it on, fitting perfectly, I still didn’t like it. ‘No problem’ says my AA (alteration angel), we will do some stylistic changes on the dress. When I came back a few days later, the dress was TOTALLY different and in a good way...but I still didn’t like it. I was now 2 weeks out from my wedding. I looked her in the eye and told her I was a practical person, but that I really needed permission to scrap this dress and get a new one. I thought she might sway me as my wedding was 2 weeks out. I thought she might lie to me and tell me the dress looked beautiful on me. But no, she told me the truth. That the dress was crap and didn’t look great and I should find a dress I love. I promptly found my dream dress, but it was way too big. ‘No problem’ said my AA and she proceeded to alter the dress to fit like a glove the week of my wedding, which turned out to be the day after HER wedding. She did all of this while she still had to plan and make her wedding dress and she never seemed stressed and she never made me feel stressed! She was like my therapist, I swear! She is truly amazing! Go to her!!

Sent on 10/10/2017
  • Tabora

Tabora · Married on 05/14/2016

Attentive Care

Diane Deane has such a warm spirit which is felt as soon as you walk in. Diane’s alterations were absolutely perfect. The first time I met her I explained that I wanted to be able to wear my dress repeatedly and not just have a one day wedding dress. Before I walked out of the shop, she had a plan in place to create two dresses out of one. Diane attended to every detail and provided impeccable service every step of the way. I love my dress and so did everyone!

Sent on 07/10/2019

Annabel · Married on 10/12/2018

Sarah was an absolute delight to work with. She made my alteration experience very enjoyable and stress free. Her work was beautiful and the prices were refreshingly affordable which I truly TRULY appreciated!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Jennifer · Married on 11/11/2017

I brought in my dress for some alterations-bustling the train and taking in the top. The changes were easily and quickly handled and I couldn't be happier. Absolutely no fuss. Although, I brought in a dress, the dresses she is creating herself are gorgeous and her work impeccable. She definitely has an eye for design, but can also easily make the alterations you need for an existing dress. Highly recommend her.

Sent on 09/25/2017