Smarter Bridal

Austin, TX View map Visit website

Smarter Bridal is a wedding dress boutique located in Austin, Texas. If you're like most brides getting married, you want the perfect wedding dress, but you don't want to spend a fortune. And finding a quality custom wedding dress seems impossible. But what if I told you that Smarter Bridal offers affordable custom wedding dresses without sacrificing quality or customer service?

Our team of expert designers will work with you to create the dress of your dreams. And because we believe that every bride deserves an affordable wedding dress, our custom design prices start at just $999.

PLEASE NOTE: One way we are able to provide brides with amazing wedding dresses at an affordable price is we do all our business online. Unfortunately, we do not offer dress fittings, etc.

So if you're looking for a custom wedding dress that won't break the bank, visit smarterbridal.com today. We can't wait to help you find or design the perfect wedding dress for your big day.

We strive for all bride's experiences with us to be exciting, enjoyable, and as stress-free as possible. Smarter Bridal is the smart choice whether you are on a tight budget or simply looking to get the best value for your money.

As well great value for money we offer:
FREE - Custom measurements (hello to BIG savings on costly alterations)
FREE - Customizable options (add sleeves, different back style, etc.)
FREE - Quick shipping (dresses arrive to your doorstep within 4-14 weeks)
100% satisfaction guarantee (or get a full refund)

If you want that dream wedding dress but do not want to pay more than you should. Then Smarter Bridal is definitely for you. Let us help you design or find your perfect wedding dress for less.

Contact us today to make your dream wedding dress for less a reality!

• Woman-owned

What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?

$500 - $999
$1,000 - $2,499

How do you price dress alterations?

Flat Fee

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Groom

Which of the following services do you provide?

Full Customization

Which of the following items do you offer?

Bridal Belts
Sample Gowns
Veils

What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?

Less than 6 months
6-8 months

How often do you receive new bridal gowns?

Seasonally

What is your return policy?

Full Refund
illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

4.9 out of 5 rating
  • Leena
    Leena Married on 12/01/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Kristie is and was amazing during the whole process. She is very responsive. During our entire correspondence, I felt comfortable with her. She took all of my ideas for my dress and created it. The second I got my dress, I had to try it on. It was everything I ever dreamed of and more !

Smarter Bridal's reply:

Leena, thank you for the wonderful review. You were a true delight to work with and excited to hear you got your dream dress for a dream price. Looking forward to seeing pictures of you in your dress on your big day! I know you will be one gorgeous bride! Cheers!
    Madison Married on 06/18/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Okay so real bride here! The budget for my wedding was/is 5,000. I have lots of family whom I'm very close with, so it's a big wedding. I found the dress I loved but it was 1900!!! I couldn't afford it, but if you are like me you search and search for places with cheaper dresses trying to find a non China company! I came across mintBRIDAL and was curious about their re-create dresses. I contacted them a million times with so many questions and concerns. They said they could really create my dress for 749$. I payed 75 for insurance that way if I didn't like the dress I would get a full refund! I was SO SCARED. I must have sent a million pictures of the dress so they would re-create it correctly. I was updated periodically and they sent me pictures of the dress when it was done. Idk if it was lighting in the room but it didn't look quite right? It made me nervous!! BUT then I got the dress and it was SOOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL SERIOUSLY IT IS SUCH A QUALITY DRESS!!! I'm so so so happy.

Because I am still over budget haha, I postponed my wedding until next June. But I PROMISE I will post a review with pictures after my wedding so you can see for yourself.
    Please save yourself money and order from here! These people are so nice and sweet and they do some amazing work. My only suggestion is that they get a better camera person to take pictures of the dresses because they didn't do mine justice haha!

Smarter Bridal's reply:

Thank you Madison for you wonderful review! You were a pleasure to work with and your dress turned out beautiful! Best wishes for your big day!
    Katherine Married on 05/06/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    She is an amazing individual who works very well with you & stays on top of everything you need. Even when you are ridiculously busy, she reminds you in a professional & friendly manner that is just so welcoming. Highly recommend:)

Smarter Bridal's reply:

Thank you Katherine, it was my pleasure to help you get your dream wedding dress for a dream price. It was wonderful working with you and wish you all the best on your new life as a married woman. Be sure to send photos of you in your dress on your big day! I am certain you will be stunning.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

Team

Talitha Dixon
Talitha Dixon
Captain of Multitasking

How did you end up at Smarter Bridal?
I'd like to think I was a Smarter Bride before my time! I married the love of my life over 20 years ago and even back then I was already thinking about how to save a nickel or two on my dream wedding. I now have an amazing life outside Austin, Texas with my two daughters, husband, and bestie Kristie, founder of Smarter Bridal, just a few blocks away!

What advice would you give brides looking to keep costs down?
My best advice for keeping costs down on your dream wedding is knowing the right people and calling in favors where possible. My husband David and I got married at a gorgeous outdoor Greek-style amphitheater on the California coast and we paid next to nothing. My grandfather had taught at this university location and we were able to use his alumni status to get a drastic discount. We also had our reception on the ocean at a naval base, so having military family connections helped us secure this hard-to-come-by booking.

What are you up to when not multitasking at Smarter Bridal?
When I am not helping brides find their perfect wedding dresses, I am busy teaching third graders. I have been a teacher for 17 years and I love it! Third grade is such a fun age and they keep me young at heart. Speaking of young at heart, I go completely crazy for Disney! My family and I love to travel and we always make sure Disney is part of our annual family plans. Our latest trip was a Disney cruise and I was able to enjoy many mojitos under the Bahamian sun!

Kristie Barrett
Kristie Barrett
Visionary Head Honcho

Tell us why you started Smarter Bridal (which was formerly mintBRIDAL.com)
After my own wedding dress shopping fiasco, I knew I couldn’t be the only one looking for a more enjoyable and affordable wedding dress experience. My super hero of a husband encouraged me to have a go at the business. So I jumped in and sure enough there were many brides out there just like me, all looking for an alternative to the overpriced alternatives.

What do you love most about Smarter Bridal?
I really love getting to know each bride and working with them to make sure they get their dream wedding dress. There is so much joy and satisfaction from that.

Why the gap between mintBRIDAL.com and Smarter Bridal?
Honestly I was overwhelmed with the success. Having two toddlers (they were 2 and 3 at the time) only added to the the amount of work and responsibility on my plate. There were other challenges such as hostility and intimidation from some of the competition that felt I was attracting business away from them despite me being purely focused on my own plans. So I chose to focus on family for a while.

What advice would you give brides looking to keep costs down?
My key advice is to spend money where it really matters for you and avoid getting caught up with trends or tradition. Do what you and your partner feel will make your special day feel truly special to you. My husband and I wanted a small wedding and an awesome honeymoon. I still regret us not simply taking off to some dreamy sunny island and making the experience 100% about us.

What are you up to when you are not running Smarter Bridal?
Nothing beats spending time with my family which consists of Ryan, my husband, our Irish Twins that are 10 and 9 (with the fiery red hair to match) and our sweet dog Twix. We all enjoy a family night with a movie and games. We also love to travel, checking out new places, trying new restaurants and different cuisines. We are always up for a fun adventure! I am always up for a girls night out...it's never a dull moment when Talitha and I get the chance to let our hair down and have some wine!

Austin Austin, TX, 78660
Location of (Smarter Bridal)
info@smarterbridal.com Pflugerville, TX, 78660
737-237-3350

Other vendors in Austin for your wedding