Davids Bridal Reviews

39 | Brookfield, WI

39 Reviews for Davids Bridal

Great Customer Service, I changed my mind on my dress after I purchased and was in a different state than where I purchased it and they were helpful and made the exchange easy and effortless :-)

Sent on 11/27/2014

Jenny · Married on 08/16/2013

David's Bridal in Brookfield provided awesome service! I'm in a wheelchair so a little harder to get around etc. They were patient, accommodating, very friendly and treated me very well. The rep who waited on me knew what she was doing she made great suggestions ie; we can get this without a train so it's not so much bulk in your wheelchair seat, I think a petite would work and pull this down etc. It was PERFECT fit like a charm. It needed just a little alterations in the bust area which we knew it would and the alterations team was wonderful as well. When we went in for my fitting they were great explaining how to pull it down here etc. and it looked AWESOME!!!! THANKS MUCH!! I'm just sorry I don't the names of the great people who assisted us to give them the credit.

Sent on 08/24/2013

Rebecca · Married on 09/22/2012

The associated at David's Bridal were casual and fun but also very professional. I have maintained a pretty relaxed feel with every vendor I try to contact and they helped me pick the perfect dress! I had not picked this dress out and after seeing what I like the associate decided to have me try this one on. I fell in love immediately! It was truly amazing and I had a little amount of alterations which was done quickly and perfectly.

Sent on 09/30/2012
  • Krista

Krista · Married on 08/06/2011

They have a great selection anything you can imagine you will find here! The staff is so friendly and helpful too!

Sent on 08/23/2011
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 11/20/2010

I got my bridesmaids and flower girl dresses through David's Bridal. Everything was very quick and efficient. It made it great for me to be able to use them as I had bridesmaids from all over the country, so they were able to find a store near them and just give my name. One of my bridesmaids was added late and was after the window that the dress was guaranteed, so it couldn't be ordered, but the store found the dress in the correct size and color at a different store for her. It's nice to see stores still going out of there way for someone :)

Sent on 12/07/2010
  • Badger

Tracy · Married on 09/12/2009

My bridemaids were given only the color they were required to wear, but I left the dress selection up to them. David's bridal made it easy for them to get the style they wanted in the sizes and colors they needed. Even though we had to find one of the dresses out of state, David's Bridal made it easy for us to pick the dress up in the store, for no additional charge.

The dresses were beautiful and reasonably priced and my girls looked fantastic!

Sent on 06/08/2010

Jennifer · Married on 09/12/2008

The staff at David's Bridal was very helpful and fun. They even helped play along as I played a bit of a joke on my Mother by trying on the most "poofy" dress they had. Seriously they kept a straight face as I "pulled" myself out of the dressing room in a dress that weighed almost as much as I do! My dress was lovely and just what I was looking for.

Sent on 11/02/2008

Rebecca · Married on 09/18/2010

They were awesome. They helped everytime I came in to look for something. Everything I had to order came in earlier than the expected day. The prices were also pretty reasonable, except for alterations and accessories. I loved my dress.

Sent on 10/12/2010
  • Makenzie

Makenzie · Married on 06/10/2017

I bought my dress, headband, sash, and shoes from David's Bridal. Everyone was so nice and had great bubbly personalities. I am a size 20 in normal clothes and a 22 in bridal gowns. This made shopping anywhere else difficult because there wasn't a large selection of dresses in my size. Not the case at David's! There were so many options and everything fit amazingly! I didn't even need to have my dress altered. I'm in love!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Alexis · Married on 09/06/2009

We used Davids Bridal in Brookfield for our bridesmaids dresses. They were on a new clearance price which was so great. All the girls loved them. They did however come in and were very wrinkled. I guess I expected Davids Bridal to press them. I guess you have to pay for everything now adays.

Sent on 09/24/2009

Africa · Married on 10/04/2008

I had a rush wedding, since I was studying in Europe for up to two months before. I was treated really well, and the service was really quick (they got in all the items I needed two weeks in advance of the time mentioned).

Sent on 11/25/2008

Jenny · Married on 01/04/2014

3.0

We went shopping for a quickly-planned wedding without an appointment. So we kind of worked on our own, but also had lots of assistance from any number of sales assistants who were uniformly helpful. I ended up with a dress I really like - off the rack since we had no time to place orders. My niece got her bridesmaid dress also - very cute. Most important, she was really happy with it. I got a "mother-of-the-bride"/party dress also. The only reason I didn't give top marks for value was that I randomly saw a nearly identical party dress in my size at Sears marked down 50% two days later. (I wouldn't have had time to continue shopping anyway, nor was I still looking, but where one would have time; it might be best to shop around and compare prices - just to be sure as they are all final sales).

Sent on 01/17/2014

kara · Married on 05/30/2009

2.5

Great Selection and great prices. They jumped in and brought me a ton of dresses to try until I found the perfect one!

Sent on 06/25/2009

3.0

I had a great experience getting my dress at David's! The day I went to try on it was just me and one other bride-to-be so I had a lot of personal attention. While the initial lady I worked with didn't have much to say, she did end up finding "the one". I just had my alterations appointment and the lady I worked with was awesome! I can't wait to go and get my dress! I know it's going to be gorgeous!

Sent on 09/01/2015

vicky · Married on 08/21/2010

We ordered the wedding dress from this store and then found the brides maid dresses also. They were very efficient and cooperative. Everything went well.

Sent on 09/15/2010

Jayme · Married on 05/15/2010

4.2

Although at first I was very hesitant on picking a dress from David's Bridal.. everything turned out fantastic. My wedding gown was beautiful and we had a matching dress for our daughter who was our flower girl. I decided to not get alterations through David's Bridal because a family friend does that on the side.. so over all with the experience of purchasing my wedding gown.. David's was great.

Sent on 06/01/2010

Lydia · Married on 08/06/2016

3.5

I first went with my bridal party for my first dress trying experience. I went back with my mom and choose the one! They were fine with me trying on tons of different styles and options!

Sent on 08/19/2016

Leah · Married on 09/25/2010

3.0

I worked with Carla in picking out my dress.
    She was so helpful in finding what would work well for my body shape and finding what I was looking for amid my mess of pictures of many different style dresses.
    I tried on 8 dresses and the 9th one was "the one", I walked out of the dressing room and everyone who was there just knew it!
    She knew just what accessories would look beautiful with my dress and we had everything done and ready to go in less than 2 hours.

We also got the bridesmaid dresses from there and it was a quick easy selection process! And they helped take care of everything!

Sent on 10/07/2010

Sara · Married on 09/11/2010

We got our bridesmaid dresses and my bridal gown from david's bridal. The woman i worked with was extremely helpful and pleasant to work with. Pretty good selection in both bridesmaids and bridal dresses. I would not recommend having dresses altered there however. It was expensive.

Sent on 09/28/2010
  • r.korthals

Rebekah · Married on 09/26/2009

3.0

I flew in for a week of wedding planning. We went to 3 places in Milwaukee from the airport before driving to LaCrosse. I was wanting a champagne colored dress, but most of what David's Bridal has instock is ivory. You can order colors, but we needed a dress ASAP so we could have it fitted that same week. I do hate chain bridal stores like this, but wedding planning is stressful enough without adding to it, and we didn't find anything at other stores, so this was it.

The dress was gorgeous. The ideal one was in the thousands, and this was close enough yet still in the hundreds. David's Bridal offered us a $50 restaurant.com giftcard, jewelry or a name change kit which I was pleasantly surprised to get at the checkout. My mom did sew on gold beads to make it fit our theme better.

Sent on 11/18/2009

Melissa · Married on 03/13/2010

3.5

Being a bride on a budget, I didn't really explore too many options other than David's Bridal. The experience was just OK--I recommend going at off-peak times (a weekday afternoon), because you'll get much more individual attention. They were patient with me when I couldn't choose between two dresses, though, which I appreciated. I really truly loved my dress, headpiece, veil, and shoes, however, and isn't that the point? :)

Sent on 05/29/2010
  • JessMJon

Jessica · Married on 10/10/2009

3.0

Bought my dress and all the maids dresses at David's Bridal - my associate was knowlegeable and curteous. The girls dresses turned out wonderful. My dress was perfect as well. The only thing was that I had a friend bustle my dress, so when I asked them to press my dress they refused because someone else had touched the dress. Other than that, it was affordable and pleasant to shop at.

Sent on 10/29/2009

Heather · Married on 10/29/2005

3.5

Because they are such a huge store with a very busy schedule, individual attention can be very divided at times. If you catch them on a slow night, they are great. However, they must have a high turnover because they switched my consultant at least 4 times. Despite the craziness and turnover, the staff I did deal with were very professional and courteous. If you crave undivided attention when it comes to your dress, don't go to David's. The dresses all range from $200-$2000 and there is a HUGE selection and array of sizes. The seamstress did a PERFECT job on my sizing and bustle, it was beautiful.
    So, if you don't mind helping yourself on ocassional visits, especially on the weekends, it is a great place for the variety sizes and accessories.

Sent on 11/13/2007
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 10/08/2011

3.6
      3.0

I got my Oleg Cassini dress from David's Bridal. I could not have been happier with my dress. It was gorgeous and exactly what I wanted. Obviously, David's Bridal is a huge company and when i went dress shopping on a saturday, individual attention was difficulty to get becuase there were so many girls shopping. I would definitely suggest, IF POSSIBLE, to dress shop at David's during the week. The only issues I had was when i went for my final fitting, there were holes in the lace overlay of my dress from where the seamstress messed. Where buttons were sewn in for bustling were large holes (about 13 holes) in my dress. It was horrific and my mom, maid of honor and I were horrified. The young lady assisting us was unprofessional and unhelpful, as she could not even demonstrate how to do the bustle. Another head seamstress came to assist and she was much more helpful and promised to fix the holes. When I went back the holes were fixed (more laces was sewn over the holes) and I could not even tell where the holes had been. David's Bridal did a great job with fixing the problem, however in my opinion to show a bride her dress with such huge mistakes makes me question their attention to detail.

Sent on 10/25/2011

Stacy · Married on 06/24/2006

3.6
      3.5

My dress was beautiful, the girls dresses were beautiful and so was the jewelry for my bridesmaids. The "dress try-on day" was fun and the staff who helped were very accomodating and friendly. Subsequent trips were just as pleasant although some of the staff were rude and unfriendly. Weekends are a REALLY bad time to go because they are so busy - you will wait forever to get a staff member to help you and the dressing rooms are always full. Regardless of some of the negatives I would still recommend David's Bridal - their prices are low, their dresses are beautiful and the discounts your bridesmaids get are unbeatable.

Sent on 08/06/2008