7857 Big Sky Drive, Madison, WI 53719 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 29
  • Real Weddings 5

About Vera's House of Bridals

Local to Madison, Wisconsin, family-owned and operated bridal salon Vera's House of Bridals specializes in designer wedding gowns. First established in 1964 by husband-and-wife team James and Vera, and having successfully served over 45,000 brides, the acclaimed Vera's House of Bridals is dedicated to providing each bride with exceptional, enthusiastic, and entirely personalized service.

Experience

Whether you are a walk-in visitor or scheduling an appointment, Vera's House of Bridals reserves a spacious private room and knowledgeable bridal consultant for each bride-to-be. This quaint salon radiates charm, offering a variety of historical furnishings and architecture. With access to over five thousand gowns, Vera's House of Bridals is filled with hundreds of wedding dresses in various styles, sizes, and colors, with the salon’s collection changing and expanding week to week.

Vera's House of Bridals provides attire and accessories for brides, bridesmaids, mothers of the bride and groom, and flower girls. Accessories include veils, hair accessories, jewelry, garters, bridal belts, and undergarments. Plus size dresses are readily available, and most dresses are made to order. Some of the salon’s featured designers are based in London, Canada, Spain, and Paris. A designer sample sale is also regularly provided to serve brides on a tighter budget. The salon’s in-house team of seamstresses are happy to handle your alteration needs. Cleaning and customization services are also available, and after your wedding, the salon can further manage the preservation of your dress for years to come.

Follow Vera's House of Bridals on

• Brandis Bridal Galleria
  • Monetti Tailoring
  • Moments to Cherish Bridals & Etc, LLC
b1a7ce5166a532f7 BEST Veras outside sunny no island blue planter5
Beautiful victorian interior
Beautiful victorian interior
Vera's Bridals has been in business since 1964.
Vera's Bridals has been in business since 1964.
Hundreds of designer gowns in all sizes and prices.
Hundreds of designer gowns in all sizes and prices.
Vera's Bridals salon is 12,000 sq feet
Vera's Bridals salon is 12,000 sq feet
The store
The store
Vera's offer excellent one-on-one customer service.
Vera's offer excellent one-on-one customer service.
Different dresses
Wedding gown
Racks of dresses
Racks of dresses
Bride
Bridal booth at Overture Center event.
Bridal booth at Overture Center event.
Accessories
Accessories
Table and chairs
Table and chairs
Staircase
Staircase
veras so dept tux chairs
kayla in bridal

Videos 1 vídeo

236 Reviews for Vera's House of Bridals

• Tia

Tia Vaughn · Getting married on 04/24/2021

This "off-beat" bride found her dress and more at Vera's!

I can only speak to the process of trying on gowns and finding the right one! The dress I purchased is ordered and will arrive later this year. I will update this review when the process is complete.

First thing's first. We arrived at 10:30am on a Thursday after the Christmas holiday. There were cars in the parking lot and definitely other brides-to-be in the store, but we were greeted right away and my name was taken for a walk-in appointment. The first floor has many sample designer gowns to look at but I only browsed for maybe 3-4 minutes until Liz whisked me away upstairs. I'm so impressed that we could walk-in to a place this reputable!

Liz was patient, helpful, courteous and fun! I immediately felt comfortable enough to be honest about what I am looking for in a dress and vulnerable about my lack of knowledge for bridal. Liz approached my search for a dress with all of her attention and care and took the time to work with and get to know my team as well (my mother and my maid of honor). She showed us to our spacious, clean and cute dressing room via the back room where all the dresses are. I appreciate how she went the extra mile to include experiential details throughout our visit. Tammy and Vera were also a big part of my visit to Vera's House of Bridals. Yes, THE Vera! When Tammy had the time to step in to help me choose 1 of 2 of my top picks, she did. I almost cried tears of joy and am surprised I didn't!

After all was said and done (including cute pics with the team), we had spent 3 hours at Vera's but it felt like it flew by! I never felt rushed and I really enjoyed my experience. Fun fact: I thought I would just drop in to "look" and figured I would find my dream dress in chicago... Liz, Tammy and Vera totally proved me wrong! I'm so excited to visit for my fitting appointment and to see Liz and the crew again! Don't miss out on Vera's House of Bridals. You may be pleasantly surprised by what you find!

Sent on 12/27/2019
  • Roberta

Roberta Fritz-Klaus · Getting married on 11/07/2020

Highly HIGHLY recommend Vera's House of Bridal!!

Let me start by saying that even before I left Vera’s House of Bridals, I knew I was having a once in a lifetime experience. My stylist, Tory, was INCREDIBLE. The first dress she selected for me was exactly what I told her I was looking for, in fact, it ended up being one of my top 3. Later I found out that she’s a buyer and it totally made sense because she knew the dresses so well. I was pleasantly surprised by the wide array of dresses (style and price-wise), many of which were up to date on the very latest trends! I saw more trendy, bohemian dresses than I did in Milwaukee bridal salons.

Tory saw me browsing through dresses (I’m super nosy) and was kind enough to let me try on as many as I wanted. She also gave me the advice to perhaps pick a “wildcard” dress because it could surprise me. I’m SO glad she said that because the “wildcard” dress ending up being the dress I’d say yes to! Tory took the time to clip/pin/adjust the dresses to give me the most realistic fit. She even encouraged me try on some dresses multiple times to refresh my memory (you’d be surprised how much you need to refresh your memory when trying on so many white dresses!!). She was so kind, so patient, so gentle, not a helicopter at all. She let me have alone time with the dresses. I never felt rushed or like I was being talked into something I didn’t want. I never felt pressured to buy a dress. The experience was better than I could have ever imagined. I will forever cherish the memories made at Veras.

*SPOILER* If you don’t want my novel of a review, just know that I highly highly HIGHLY recommend Vera’s!!!

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • Lara

Lara Sokolowski · Getting married on 10/24/2020

Incredible

I truly don't think I could've gone anywhere that would've topped my experience at Vera's. I was so excited for my trip to Vera's after having gone with a friend for bridesmaid dresses and another friend for her wedding dress last year. My mom came up from the Milwaukee area for my appointment, and we were lucky enough to get to work with Saritah. She asked for pictures of what I had previously tried on and been interested in and made sure to ask questions to really grasp my dress/wedding vision. Saritah was the perfect guide; she never made us feel rushed (in fact, she stayed past close and never once let on that it was getting late), stepped in to help take pictures, offered real opinions, and asked the perfect questions to help me figure out what I really wanted to walk down the aisle and get married in. She even creatively suggested little additions to the dress to makes it totally unique to me, which was just icing on the cake.
    I wanted to have a special day with my mother- and sister-in-laws-to-be to pick out my veil, so I called Vera's the following week to schedule a special Sunday appointment. I was told the person who usually did those appointments was unavailable but I'd receive a response the following day letting me know for sure. An hour later, Saritah called me back offering to come in that Sunday to make the special appointment happen. She made that experience beyond fun and so very memorable for me, my new sisters, and my fiance's 6-year-old niece (who will be returning for her flower girl dress soon!); she even gave my future niece "jobs" to keep her involved and entertained while we found my veil and tried on bridesmaid dresses. I can't say enough wonderful things about Saritah and the entire Vera's staff and store - THANK YOU to Vera's for making my dress shopping experience such a dream!!

Sent on 12/30/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Vera's House of Bridals FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?
    $500 - $999
    $1,000 - $2,499
    $2,500 - $3,999
    $4,000 - $6,499
  • How do you price dress alterations?
    By Piece
  • Who do you provide services for?
    Bridesmaids
    Flower Girls
    Mother of the Bride
    Mother of the Groom
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Alterations
    Appointments Only
    Cleaning
    Full Customization
    Preservation
    Sample Sales
    Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Bridal Belts
    Plus Size Gowns
    Sample Gowns
    Undergarments
    Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?
    Less than 6 months
    6-8 months
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns?
    Weekly
  • What is your return policy?
    Final Sales

• 7857 Big Sky Drive Madison, Wisconsin, 53719 See on map
    Location of (Vera's House of Bridals)