198 Reviews for Vera's House of Bridals

Trunk Shows (1)
Customary (1)
Tuxedo Rentals (1)
198 Vera's House of Bridals Reviews

Vera's was a wonderful place and very respectful! Tammy was very helpful during my time and she said there was no time limit or dress limit to try on. She would keep finding dresses for me to try on as long as I needed until I found the one or until I found a contender. Tammy helped me try on multiple dresses and eventually find my wedding dress!! I also met the one and only, Vera, who was very sweet and she was very helpful with dresses also. I highly recommend Vera's to anyone looking to find a great dress with amazing service from staff.

Profile Picture Erica , 12/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Undergarments, Veils, Bride

I went along with a friend who is also engaged for her bridal appointment. We had a wonderful time, the staff were great, as were the selection of dresses! Although I had already bought my dress, I was lucky enough to find the perfect hair piece here for my big day. Thank you so much for the wonderful experience!

Profile Picture Katie, 11/3/18, 14 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I am so glad I went to Vera's. I couldn't imagine going anywhere now because my service was so great. I highly recommend Tammy. She made me feel so good about every choice I was making and made me feel so good about my body. Thank you so much Tammy

Profile Picture Raven, 10/13/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had the best experience at Vera's! Everyone was so kind and made the experience so enjoyable. Jaymie and Jamie were able to make my dreams come true :)

Profile Picture Ava, 9/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Caitlin was amazing from the beginning. Being a “plus size” bride, she put me at ease right away. I didn’t think I would find anything, but I left the store saying “yes to the dress!”

Profile Picture Teresa, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Plus Size Gowns, Bride

My experience at Vera’s was awesome. I needed to find a mother of the bride dress and thanks to Karen at Vera’s I now have the perfect dress. Karen was able to find the dress that fit my personality and it looked great on me. She totally was able to read me and what type of dress I would like. I bought the dress and could not be happier! I highly recommend Vera’s. Kudos to Karen
Sue H.

Profile Picture Sue , 7/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I went into the wedding dress buying process thinking that I would need to visit at least 4-6 boutiques, try on dozens of dresses, and spend another month agonizing over which one would be the perfect dress. Vera's House of Bridals totally changed that! From the moment I walked in the door, I had a truly magical experience and walked out with my perfect dress. (Don't laugh! It's true!) Sarah was my personal assistant, and she was incredibly skillful at bringing me different dresses to try on. After only a few dresses, she was locked into what I liked and what I would be open to trying on. The sixth dress I tried on was the "WOW!!!" dress that I thought for sure would be the winner. But then she brought a few more just to compare, and I found the "perfect for me" dress that made me and my maid of honor cry once I put it on. I did not expect to have this kind of experience!!! But everything from the private room to the personal service to Vera herself coming in to ooh and ahh over me made this the perfect wedding dress shopping experience for me. If you are looking for a personal experience where you don't feel rushed and are made to feel like a beautiful bride, Vera's House of Bridals is definitely for you.

Profile Picture Lee, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Set aside an entire day to find my dress and it was the first one I tried on! Staff was super nice and helpful. Love that Vera herself came in to talk to us as well! I also love that they take your picture on the grand staircase when you say yes to the dress!!!! I got so many compliments on my dress. People kept telling me it was gorgeous (it was!) One cousin would like to steal it from me and the young girls thought I was a princess. Best feeling ever! Thank you Vera and staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Erica, 6/23/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Appts. Only, Bridal Gowns

WHAT AN AWESOME EXPERIENCE! IWENT TO VERA'S LOOKING FOR A MOTHER OF THE GROOM DRESS. I WAS GREETED AND INTRODUCED TO ANGELA FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE. SHE WAS TOP NOTCH! SHE LISTENED TO WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR, COLOR, TYPE, STYLE THAT COULD FLATTER ME DUE TO BEING MIDDLE AGED. HER DETAILS,INPUT, AND SUGGESTIONS DUE TO HER EXPERTISE AS A SEAMSTRESS LANDED A FINAL PURCHASE. I LOVE THE DRESS AND CANNOT WAIT TO WEAR IT FOR THE WEDDING. THANK YOU ANGELA! I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND VERA'S AFTER ALL I DID GET MY WEDDING DRESS THERE 30 YRS AGO AND THE SERVICE REMAINS ABOVE AND BEYOND. PS THANK YOU VERA!!

Profile Picture RENEE, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

What a wonderful experience! I had such a great time picking out the dress of my dreams and felt like the person helping me really understood what I was going for and picked out things that I wouldn't have known would be so beautiful from looking at them on the rack! I had my wedding a few weeks ago and couldn't have been happier with my beautiful dress and experience at Vera's!

Profile Picture Olivia, 6/16/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

I was so happy that I chose to go Vera's for my wedding dress. I had two different appointments at two different shops that day. Vera's was the first and as soon as I left the second appointment, I called Vera's because I wanted to go back and retry on a dress that I had looked at earlier in the day. They were super accommodating and allowed me to come back in and buy the dress that I wanted. I highly recommend going through Veras for your bridesmaid dress shopping.

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/26/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Undergarments, Bride

Veras was amazing! The first place I went to try on dresses and the 7th dress was it for me! Great service, didn't feel pressured into buying a dress at all.

Profile Picture Laurel, 5/18/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I don't even know where to start about how amazing Vera's is! For one, there is just that family touch, Vera herself came and checked on me while I was trying on dresses. Also, their selection of dresses is awesome! More than anything their staff is top notch! I bought my dress on a Saturday and I was feeling a bit hopeless because I wasn't finding exactly what I was looking for so I made a decision based on what looked best on me. I should also share that I had been to a few places before Vera's. I had buyers remorse and knew the dress that was going to be ordered for me was nothing like my vision. I called right away on Monday and they were awesome! I went there again on Monday and met with Tory, she is so talented! She was very aware of what I wanted and put together things to make it what I wanted. I found my dream dress, it was the right price and I honestly can't say enough amazing things about Vera's. I highly recommend them to anyone that is looking for a great selection. I could go on and on about how awesome my experience is, they had rooms that had their own heating and cooling, so if you were cold, they could turn up more warmth, if you were hot, they could cool it down. BEST PLACE EVER!

Profile Picture Sarah , 12/30/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I went to Veras at my sisters suggestion after going to at least four other places and not finding anything I was 100% happy with. I worked with Saritah who was amazing from start to finish! She helped me determine what style looked the best on me and what I was comfortable with. She helped me to find the perfect dress made it a relaxed experience. Thank you Saritah!!!

Profile Picture Julia, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Bridal Gowns

Oh my gosh, I absolutely LOVED working with Vera's to find my perfect dream wedding dress and my bridesmaid's dresses. All of the Vera's staff were so helpful, so professional and fun. They made the entire experience very memorable and even more exciting! I loved how they would pick out the dresses for you based on your feedback and wouldn't rush you as you tried on each dress. I had very little idea in what I wanted in a wedding dress and they were somehow able to figure it out, which is so impressive!! I can't recommend Vera's enough! ALSO, their staircase is just so beautiful for pictures! Make sure you get one!!

Profile Picture Kaylee, 10/21/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

other stores had left me pretty unimpressed with the whole dress experience but vera's totally changed that. we showed up completely on a whim, unannounced, -with kids!-, and they were so kind and great about it. I never got the impression that I was bothering them like I had in other places. kylee understood exactly what I had in mind and pulled my dream dress right away. she was absolutely fabulous to work with and the whole staff is great. love kylee, loved vera, love the beautiful atmosphere.... so glad we decided to stop!! a fantastic experience and highly recommended!

Profile Picture sarah, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had such an amazing experience at Vera's. I worked with Jayme who was totally amazing. Right from the beginning she was super sweet and listened to all my ideas! She pulled so many beautiful dresses for me and I found the one after the 4th or 5th one! I had such a great time finding my dress and I'm so glad Jayme was able to help me!!!

Profile Picture Sasha, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

My experience here was amazing! Everyone was super helpful and nice unlike some other places I went! They sell their dresses at MSRP so I got the dress I wanted for $400 cheaper than another place I went to first! The alterations by Bobby were amazing and she was really nice!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 7/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Sample Gowns, Undergarments, Veils, Bride, Mother of Bride, Alterations, Cleaning, Preservation

Vera's was the first and only bridal shop I looked at for my wedding gown. After my first appointment, I tried on maybe 3 dresses, then canceled all of my appointments at other salons, and purchased my dream dress. Vera herself even approved and helped me pick my veil. I had the best experience working with everyone there! :)

Profile Picture Brooke, 7/22/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Undergarments, Veils, Bride, Alterations

Vera's had an amazing selection in my price point. Plus, after a scary experience with a seamstress who quoted me for an alterations job 1.5 times the actual cost of my dress (!!!), I called Vera's and they fixed me up for next to nothing and make my dress absolutely perfect. Plus, they had amazing practical tips for the day of that made me and my bridesmaids a lot more comfortable and prepared! It was so, so worth traveling from Milwaukee to get my dress at Vera's!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 7/15/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Sample Sales, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Veils, Bride

I purchased my dress about a year and a half prior to my big day. Vera's was absolutely professional and worked hard to find me my perfect dress! I was extremely thankful for the kindness they gave, as it is definitely important for someone with lower self esteem, especially when finding a wedding dress. They kindly held my dress for me up until 3 days before the wedding. I am so pleased with Bobbi, a woman in dress alterations, who helped fix minor details (but big details to me) to help the dress fit perfectly and make me feel absolutely beautiful. I would highly recommend Vera's as the service is wonderful and well worth the investment and time traveling from wherever you're from!

Profile Picture Shelby, 6/17/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Undergarments, Veils, Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only, Preservation

Vera and her team were very helpful in picking out my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses. They are so talented that they managed to find my perfect dress on their first try! I would highly recommend Vera's!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/27/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The whole team at Vera’s was amazing, I could not have asked for a better experience. I didn’t know exactly what I wanted but once I shared some of my vision and details I liked, the stylist picked out the most gorgeous options. She was very thoughtful and listened to my feedback about each choice. I think it only took 3-4 dresses to find the perfect dress!

Profile Picture Maya, 5/27/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Vera's was amazing and I found my perfect dress!! I had already gone to 5 other bridal shops and didn't know exactly what style to choose, and then my consultant came in with a wild card dress and it ended up being my dream gown. Thank you to the great staff- I can't wait to wear my dress!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/20/17, 5 Reviews