Vera's House of Bridals Reviews

210 | Madison, WI

210 Reviews for Vera's House of Bridals

210 Vera's House of Bridals Reviews

Heather · Getting married on 10/05/2019

So to begin, I must say it has taken completely too long for me to write this review! I LOVED my experience at Vera's and I wouldn't change a thing about it. That being said, this may be just a bit lengthy, but I don't want to miss anything!! My consultant was Bridget and my God is she good at what she does! Going into the appointment I did not exactly have any intention of purchasing a dress as I was going to have one custom made for me. So I was looking for ideas. Despite making that known to Bridget, she was very patient with me (and my entourage), answered many questions, and even showed me different styles of all kinds of things. She even gave us a first level room when my grandmother had trouble with the stairs. She  styled my hair for a veil, did a mock bustle to show me what one may look like... I just felt SO pampered. I felt like a big deal. I felt like a BRIDE! After trying on maybe 5 dresses, and a sixth that was a ball gown style (because my Mom just HAD to see me in one), I left the store with lots of ideas and I felt so uncertain of what I wanted to do anymore. I live in North Carolina but am originally from Wisconsin so I traveled a very long way. So luckily we had lunch in the area, which gave me time to think about things. As we were heading out of town, I decided to go back. I called and Vera's was so kind to accommodate me! I returned where Bridget put me back into my favorite dress, spending about another hour with me, before I finally said yes!!! Then the seamstress came for my measurements where we discussed the bustle again, and even veil colors because I had hopes of having a dusty blue veil for my something blue. Once everything was settled, Bridget even patiently helped my 86YO grandmother select jewelry and a purse, pulling out different pieces, reading prices, and neatly packing her selected items for purchase. Every step of the way, their guidance, patience, and knowledge made ALL the difference, and I cannot be happier with my purchase

Sent on 09/15/2018

Vera's House of Bridals's reply:

Hello Heather, Thank you for your review! We loved helping you.
  • Amanda

Amanda · Getting married on 10/05/2019

My experience with Vera's was completely random and not in the game plan, but all in a good way. I was out looking at flowers and bridesmaids dresses to come up with a color scheme and style ideas. Stopped at one other place with very poor customer service. Told my mom that we should just check out Vera's to see what they have for bridesmaids dresses and styles. Walked in to a very warm welcome! We were told about the designer sale rack and that she would have one of the ladies come down to help us out. Well....that help ended up being an unplanned appointment. I was not prepared and in complete shock. However we found a dress that I really liked while we waited for our help to show up. Went down and grabbed it right away and tried it on as the first dress. All other dresses we found did not match up to that one and I ended up walking out the door with it. As unplanned as it was I will say it was incredibly stress free and perfect. Thank you Vera's, you are a very wonderful group of ladies and keep up the amazing work!!!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Vera's House of Bridals's reply:

Sounds like it meant to be! So pleased you found your perfect gown at Vera's.

Alicia · Getting married on 10/05/2019

Comfortable and fun!

We had such a wonderful time choosing my dress at Vera's! It was incredibly busy there when we went dress hunting but Lydia, our top-notch consultant, never made me feel rushed or flustered. There were so many wonderful dresses to choose from that it was difficult to choose just one! Highly recommend Vera's, and Lydia for sure!

Aisha · Getting married on 09/21/2019

So I heard of veras through my best friend, she had a beautiful dress for her wedding last year. Anywho I had
    No clue what type of dress I wanted or style, literally all I had was my Pinterest pins of many different styles. I had Lidia and she was amazing. She really listened to what my likes and dislikes were with each of the dresses I tried on. She was very patient with me, I tried on about 5 dresses or so. The last dress it was almost as if she took all the qualities I want in a dress and made it it back! When she brought it out and I tried it on, I knew it was the one ❤️. My maid of honor and myself both cried because we were just so taken back by the dress and how I looked in it. I got
    Measured for the dress and ended up buying it that very same day. She went above and beyond. Super amazing. Super funny and just great all around!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Vera's House of Bridals's reply:

Thank you for your review of our store. We are so glad you had such a wonderful time with Lydia- we agree, she is amazing! Welcome to the Vera's family and congratulation on finding your perfect gown!
  • Deidre

Deidre · Getting married on 09/14/2019

Veras is the best!

My mom bought her wedding dress here three years ago, and I bought mine last month! They are so helpful, and so patient, and also have a wonderful selection for so many different price points. I can’t wait to wear my gorgeous gown!

Marissa · Getting married on 08/10/2019

I had been to two other bridal stores before coming to Vera’s. After stalking a particular dress online, I made an appt at Vera’s to try it on. It was the first dress I tried, and I immediately fell in love. I tried on several more, but I naturally went back to the first one. I couldn’t be more thankful to have worked with Tammy and Jayme. They were very professional, fun, and made me feel at ease. I’d highly recommend Vera’s to anyone!

Sent on 08/02/2018

Vera's House of Bridals's reply:

Thank you for taking your time to write us a review. We are so happy to be a part of your special day.

Erica · Getting married on 12/29/2018

Vera's was a wonderful place and very respectful! Tammy was very helpful during my time and she said there was no time limit or dress limit to try on. She would keep finding dresses for me to try on as long as I needed until I found the one or until I found a contender. Tammy helped me try on multiple dresses and eventually find my wedding dress!! I also met the one and only, Vera, who was very sweet and she was very helpful with dresses also. I highly recommend Vera's to anyone looking to find a great dress with amazing service from staff.

Sent on 06/27/2018

Vera's House of Bridals's reply:

Erica, we are so happy we could help you find the perfect dress and you enjoyed your time here! Thank you for the kind review. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

Katie · Married on 11/03/2018

I went along with a friend who is also engaged for her bridal appointment. We had a wonderful time, the staff were great, as were the selection of dresses! Although I had already bought my dress, I was lucky enough to find the perfect hair piece here for my big day. Thank you so much for the wonderful experience!

Raven · Married on 10/13/2018

I am so glad I went to Vera's. I couldn't imagine going anywhere now because my service was so great. I highly recommend Tammy. She made me feel so good about every choice I was making and made me feel so good about my body. Thank you so much Tammy

• Ava

Ava · Married on 09/28/2018

I had the best experience at Vera's! Everyone was so kind and made the experience so enjoyable. Jaymie and Jamie were able to make my dreams come true :)

Teresa · Married on 08/18/2018

Caitlin was amazing from the beginning. Being a “plus size” bride, she put me at ease right away. I didn’t think I would find anything, but I left the store saying “yes to the dress!”

Sent on 02/19/2018

Vera's House of Bridals's reply:

So happy Caitlin helped you find your perfect gown!

Makenzie · Married on 08/11/2018

These ladies were AMAZING to work with! They knew what size I was without even measuring me. They were so accommodating to the large group that we had there. I found the perfect dress with their help, such a wonderful business!

Jennifer · Married on 07/14/2018

Vera is amazing, such a hard working lady. The location and building in beautiful. Love the grand staircase! So many choices and designers to choose from. They do not sell be designer but by your budget. Very affordable, great service!!! So happy with my stunning dress and Vail!!

Vera's House of Bridals 1

Sue · Married on 07/06/2018

My experience at Vera’s was awesome. I needed to find a mother of the bride dress and thanks to Karen at Vera’s I now have the perfect dress. Karen was able to find the dress that fit my personality and it looked great on me. She totally was able to read me and what type of dress I would like. I bought the dress and could not be happier! I highly recommend Vera’s. Kudos to Karen
    Sue H.

Sent on 03/11/2018

Vera's House of Bridals's reply:

Dear Sue, So happy we could help you find your perfect dress!

Lee · Married on 06/23/2018

I went into the wedding dress buying process thinking that I would need to visit at least 4-6 boutiques, try on dozens of dresses, and spend another month agonizing over which one would be the perfect dress. Vera's House of Bridals totally changed that! From the moment I walked in the door, I had a truly magical experience and walked out with my perfect dress. (Don't laugh! It's true!) Sarah was my personal assistant, and she was incredibly skillful at bringing me different dresses to try on. After only a few dresses, she was locked into what I liked and what I would be open to trying on. The sixth dress I tried on was the "WOW!!!" dress that I thought for sure would be the winner. But then she brought a few more just to compare, and I found the "perfect for me" dress that made me and my maid of honor cry once I put it on. I did not expect to have this kind of experience!!! But everything from the private room to the personal service to Vera herself coming in to ooh and ahh over me made this the perfect wedding dress shopping experience for me. If you are looking for a personal experience where you don't feel rushed and are made to feel like a beautiful bride, Vera's House of Bridals is definitely for you.

Erica · Married on 06/23/2018

Set aside an entire day to find my dress and it was the first one I tried on! Staff was super nice and helpful. Love that Vera herself came in to talk to us as well! I also love that they take your picture on the grand staircase when you say yes to the dress!!!! I got so many compliments on my dress. People kept telling me it was gorgeous (it was!) One cousin would like to steal it from me and the young girls thought I was a princess. Best feeling ever! Thank you Vera and staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/26/2018
    Vera's House of Bridals 2
    Vera's House of Bridals 3
    Vera's House of Bridals 4
    Vera's House of Bridals 5
    Vera's House of Bridals 6
    Vera's House of Bridals 7

Vera's House of Bridals's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! So happy we could help you find your dream dress. You look beautiful!

RENEE · Married on 06/16/2018

WHAT AN AWESOME EXPERIENCE! IWENT TO VERA'S LOOKING FOR A MOTHER OF THE GROOM DRESS. I WAS GREETED AND INTRODUCED TO ANGELA FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE. SHE WAS TOP NOTCH! SHE LISTENED TO WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR, COLOR, TYPE, STYLE THAT COULD FLATTER ME DUE TO BEING MIDDLE AGED. HER DETAILS,INPUT, AND SUGGESTIONS DUE TO HER EXPERTISE AS A SEAMSTRESS LANDED A FINAL PURCHASE. I LOVE THE DRESS AND CANNOT WAIT TO WEAR IT FOR THE WEDDING. THANK YOU ANGELA! I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND VERA'S AFTER ALL I DID GET MY WEDDING DRESS THERE 30 YRS AGO AND THE SERVICE REMAINS ABOVE AND BEYOND. PS THANK YOU VERA!!

• O

Olivia · Married on 06/16/2018

What a wonderful experience! I had such a great time picking out the dress of my dreams and felt like the person helping me really understood what I was going for and picked out things that I wouldn't have known would be so beautiful from looking at them on the rack! I had my wedding a few weeks ago and couldn't have been happier with my beautiful dress and experience at Vera's!

Jessica · Married on 06/09/2018

Heartfelt thank you to Vera and all the staff at the Madison location! My bridal experience was perfect. The staff were so knowledgeable and friendly from picking out my dress all the way to the final fitting. I felt amazing--it was everything I dreamed of.

Of course I included a few pictures to share the love. ❤

Sent on 08/27/2018
    Vera's House of Bridals 8
    Vera's House of Bridals 9
    Vera's House of Bridals 10
    Vera's House of Bridals 11
    Vera's House of Bridals 12
    Vera's House of Bridals 13

Vera's House of Bridals's reply:

Thank you for sharing your photos. You looked stunning!

Nicole · Married on 05/26/2018

I was so happy that I chose to go Vera's for my wedding dress. I had two different appointments at two different shops that day. Vera's was the first and as soon as I left the second appointment, I called Vera's because I wanted to go back and retry on a dress that I had looked at earlier in the day. They were super accommodating and allowed me to come back in and buy the dress that I wanted. I highly recommend going through Veras for your bridesmaid dress shopping.

• Lo P.

Laurel · Married on 05/18/2018

Veras was amazing! The first place I went to try on dresses and the 7th dress was it for me! Great service, didn't feel pressured into buying a dress at all.

Sarah · Married on 12/30/2017

I don't even know where to start about how amazing Vera's is! For one, there is just that family touch, Vera herself came and checked on me while I was trying on dresses. Also, their selection of dresses is awesome! More than anything their staff is top notch! I bought my dress on a Saturday and I was feeling a bit hopeless because I wasn't finding exactly what I was looking for so I made a decision based on what looked best on me. I should also share that I had been to a few places before Vera's. I had buyers remorse and knew the dress that was going to be ordered for me was nothing like my vision. I called right away on Monday and they were awesome! I went there again on Monday and met with Tory, she is so talented! She was very aware of what I wanted and put together things to make it what I wanted. I found my dream dress, it was the right price and I honestly can't say enough amazing things about Vera's. I highly recommend them to anyone that is looking for a great selection. I could go on and on about how awesome my experience is, they had rooms that had their own heating and cooling, so if you were cold, they could turn up more warmth, if you were hot, they could cool it down. BEST PLACE EVER!

Julia · Married on 10/28/2017

I went to Veras at my sisters suggestion after going to at least four other places and not finding anything I was 100% happy with. I worked with Saritah who was amazing from start to finish! She helped me determine what style looked the best on me and what I was comfortable with. She helped me to find the perfect dress made it a relaxed experience. Thank you Saritah!!!

Kaylee · Married on 10/21/2017

Oh my gosh, I absolutely LOVED working with Vera's to find my perfect dream wedding dress and my bridesmaid's dresses. All of the Vera's staff were so helpful, so professional and fun. They made the entire experience very memorable and even more exciting! I loved how they would pick out the dresses for you based on your feedback and wouldn't rush you as you tried on each dress. I had very little idea in what I wanted in a wedding dress and they were somehow able to figure it out, which is so impressive!! I can't recommend Vera's enough! ALSO, their staircase is just so beautiful for pictures! Make sure you get one!!

Sent on 01/02/2018

Vera's House of Bridals's reply:

We are so happy to have been a part of your special day. It our our pleasure to help you find your dream dress!