Colleen Miller Events Reviews

39 Reviews for Colleen Miller Events

• Annie

Annie · Married on 10/13/2018

100% worth it

Krystal was a dream to work with! She was the one to make our day of timeline, contact all the vendors to coordinate set up, buses leaving the hotels, and made our day run smoothly. I would've lost my mind without her. At the rehearsal I mentioned how I forgot to call the hotels about what time the buses were arriving, and she took care of it. Krystal made sure everything ran smoothly from beginning to end. She is full of helpful hints and just wonderful!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Mallory · Married on 06/25/2016

Where to even start!? As my parents said after the wedding weekend, we couldn't have done it without her. Colleen was incredibly fun to work with...I now consider her a friend! She was incredibly patient while we worked through our vision for the wedding (which changed a couple of times!) and she helped bring it all to life. We spent a few days together in Charlottesville in vendor meetings, running through the itinerary and at the Tasting. She made everything so much fun and really listened to what we wanted. I'm a very detail-oriented person and organization to me is key, so I felt so lucky to be working with someone who I trusted to keep the trains running on time. The evening went off without a hitch and everything appeared completely seamless to guests. Colleen helped manage all the vendors and made sure I didn't lift a finger on my wedding day. Thank you to the whole Colleen Miller Events team, who made our June wedding the best day ever!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Angie · Married on 05/28/2016

I can not thank Kate enough! I was an out of town bride with a very specific vision and Kate truly went above and beyond to make my day perfect and stress free! She was a dream to work with and made the day truly magical!! <3

Sent on 06/13/2016

Danielle · Married on 11/14/2015

We worked with Krystal from Colleen Miller Events and she was fantastic! I dont know what we would have done without her. We highered Colleen Miller Events for month of planning. Krystal was available by phone or email anytime to answer any wedding questions that we had. She also came to our final meeting at the venue and rehearsal. It was great to have her there as she made sure everything ran smoothly. On the day of our wedding we had an issue with the buses as they left about 10 guests behind at the hotel. Normally that would be something I would have to take care of but I simply told Krystal what was going on and walked away. She was able to take care of it. She also made she that my dress was laid out before I walked down the aisle, that my husband and I add the specialty dessert we ordered and that we were able to enjoy the entire day!

Sent on 01/01/2016

Kate Phillips of Colleen Miller Events was so helpful in making our wedding at Trump Winery beautiful and special. She made suggestions that we would not have thought of which made the day run smoothly and made our guests enjoy it even more. She suggested that we have heaters and blankets in case the weather did not cooperate. The day was very chilly for our outdoor patio ceremony and cocktail hour so the heaters and blankets were essential to our guests comfort. Kate helped with our floral and reception design. It was spectacular! Our guests keep talking about our fun and beautiful party!

Sent on 11/12/2015

Dan · Married on 10/18/2015

Kate was amazing! She was brilliant from the day we started working with her right through the wedding. She helped us find great vendors, bring everything together, and the day itself was smooth and easy. The whole time she was easy to work with, flexible, and did everything to make sure our wedding was a great success! Thanks Kate!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Lindsay · Married on 08/29/2015

Kate Phillips was absolutely amazing. She went above and beyond any expectations I had and made my wedding day more magical than I ever dreamed up in my head. I am a busy person and not very creative so I didn't give Kate much to work with in terms of what I really knew I wanted. I just knew i wanted it to be great. I literally never stressed out at any point in the wedding planning( except for the first month of engagement before I found Kate). Kate cares so deeply that her clients have everything perfect for their day I knew it would be perfect and that nothing would be missed. Not only is Colleen Miller Events fantastic they also know all the vendors so well so they are able to guide you toward the best vendors for what you want. I will forever be grateful to Kate for giving my husband and I the best wedding possible, and even doing so on a budget!!!! Thank you Colleen Miller Events !

Sent on 10/27/2015

Colleen Miller Events, is a wonderful company, they were very responsive and they were a blast to be around and have there on our big day. I didn't have to worry about anything on the days leading up and most importantly on the day of. I would highly recommend their services and it was a pleasure getting to know their team.

Sent on 11/24/2015
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/27/2015

I honestly cannot say enough great things about Colleen Miller Events! I was well into the wedding planning process when it dawned on me that I needed some help with the day-of logistics! Contacting Colleen Miller was by far one of the best decisions I made throughout the entire wedding planning process! I hired Colleen Miller Events as my Month-Of wedding coordinator--I recommend this service to any bride! If you want to enjoy your wedding day and be stress free, this service is a must!
    I worked with Kate Phillips starting 6 weeks before my wedding date and she was just a dream to work with and have on-board! Kate is professional, friendly, knowledgable, and a problem solver. She was always available to answer my questions, check-in with vendors, and calm me down! She operates with such ease and skill.
    My husband and I were having our wedding in Charlottesville from out of town and having our dogs available for pictures on our wedding day meant so much to us! Our dogs were staying at a local pet hotel and Kate got our dogs to our venue (with the help of her fabulous assistant, Krystal) and even carried the dogs into our venue to keep them from getting dirty from the hard rain! These ladies are just so professional and easy-going and want to make your day special! Do yourself a huge favor and hire the ladies of Colleen Miller Events. I am so thankful that I did and know my day went off without a hitch because of all their hard work and help!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Emma · Married on 03/21/2015

I'm somewhat of a workaholic with a type A personality, who didn't want to be bogged down with wedding planning. Having said that, I still have an opinion about everything and had very specific requirements(that I gave in what I would describe as very general terms because I don't have much vision when it comes to creativity).I knew my color palette and other than that, I of course wanted a beautiful day (who doesn't!?). I just didn't want to deal with the hassle of it all and asked Colleen to run with it– make it gorgeous! Colleen not only made the process fun(I loved getting to know her), she was consultative, her response time was 2nd to none, she helped us manage the process (was a mediator at times☺)and she made me feel like I was her only bride(even though I know she was slammed with a ton).In addition, we had a massive production. We had two tents (that were breathtaking)and had nearly 200 people, having everyone in town early to our rehearsal dinner. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, and when I say we had two epic parties; it was just that! EVERYTHING down to the very last detail was done perfectly, and I’m not a believer in “perfect.” I’m not one to be over the top about something(this is only the 2nd review I’ve ever written), but there were so many examples where Colleen pulled it together for us, from our caterer forgetting about our entire after party’s food(I’m not kidding - this is something she fixed of course) down to the fine details. I will never forget going to cut our cake and there were the two flutes I had purchased and brought to the venue with me. I had never told Colleen about them,(I think they were jammed somewhere in a random bag in in the bridal suite. Colleen had taken the time to go through everything (in cases exactly as such), to make sure I hadn’t forgotten anything. This small review doesn’t do her justice; if you’re looking for awesome,creative, smart, fun with a ton of experience, she will help you have the best day of your life!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Nicole · Married on 10/25/2014

When I first began contemplating organizing a wedding, I didn't think I'd need a planner: I'm an organized, details-oriented person myself, and my then-fiance and I were local to the area where we'd be holding the ceremony and reception. However, the venue we chose required a full-time planner, so after interviewing several, we chose to work with Colleen Miller --- and I'm incredibly glad we did.

From helping us meet our budget to answering I've-lost-count-of-how-many emails to steering us to vendors who were a great fit to nudging me to the right logistics and decor choices to being there to shepherd it all on The Day --- Colleen made a process that seems to too easily morph into a maze of confusing craziness stay clean and true throughout. I will look back fondly on not just the wedding day, but the entire process of creation and organization leading up to it because Colleen kept a complicated event feel very simple. (Plus, she kept everything on track!)

I was able to be calm and present in the weeks leading up to our wedding day and on the day itself because I felt so entirely confident in Colleen's capable self and relieved of a myriad of duties. And THAT, more than anything, is why I'd recommend Colleen as a wedding planner. To not be stressed out on your wedding day --- how many brides can genuinely claim that?

Sent on 11/09/2014

melissa · Married on 10/17/2014

Colleen was the best decision we made throughout our wedding process! She is an amazing planner and her assistant was great the day of as well! She made our wedding planning so simple and easy, especially because we planned everything from out of town! Colleen not only will be your wedding planner but an amazing friend throughout the process and after!! You MUST choose her if you are looking for an amazing planner!

Sent on 01/11/2015

Colleen and her team were absolutely awesome! Something I did not think about when looking for a wedding planner - but became essential to me over the past year - was the amount of accessibility Colleen afforded to me. She was nearly always available for quick questions or longer chats - and that was a huge help along the way. Colleen also has a great relationship with vendors - and that benefited us throughout the planning process. My husband and I were grateful for Colleen's support and look forward to having her as a friend!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Chea · Married on 07/20/2014

In the search for “the perfect wedding planner” my husband and I met with four planners. We were getting married in Charlottesville, but lived in Baltimore and so it was important for us to hire someone who really understood the type of couple we are and the type of wedding we wanted. Five minutes after we sat down with Colleen, we both know that she was the right choice.
    We immediately decided to go with Colleen Miller Events and are so grateful that we had her as our ally throughout the process. She has a passion for planning weddings that is evident in the excitement she exudes just talking about the details of your day. Colleen was always available to answer questions via text or email (even five months out!), I think I spoke to her more than my friends and family in the weeks leading up to the wedding! She calmed me down when I was nervous and was always there during drama in the planning process to help level it out. Furthermore, Colleen saved us a ton of money by negotiating for us and putting us in contact with a local florist (that we loved to death) who was about half the price.
    On the day of the wedding, I did absolutely nothing. Colleen came in throughout the day to check in on us and to update me on how great things were looking, sharing in the excitement as if it were her own wedding day. I was able to spend the day with my friends getting ready, totally stress-free. Our wedding day went off without a single hitch, not one thing could have gone better than it did.
    We cannot say enough about Colleen and Colleen Miller Events, she runs a fabulous business and knows how to interact with people. Her design abilities are impeccable, she is very organized, remains calm and collected always, is funny and responsive… all of the things you want in a wedding planner! I would recommend Colleen to anyone who is looking to have an incredible wedding with a planner who is like a really good friend. Thanks Colleen!!!!!!

Sent on 08/25/2014

jan · Married on 06/21/2014

Kate Phillips with Colleen Miller Events provided us with excellent service for my daughter's destination wedding at Montfair Resort Farm in Charlottesville. Colleen was very flexible with our contract providing us with a Day of /Plus service. In fact, my husband commented that this service was essential and well worth the cost.
    Kate not only provided excellent day of coordination, coordination of vendors, countless conference calls but also provided very professional advice on how to selectively make choices to eliminate extraneous expenses. She provided great counsel and reassurance throughout our wedding planning. We even communicated ideas through Pinterest pages!
    On the evening of the wedding, when the rainy weather required a quick change of plans, Kate orchestrated everything in an amazingly efficient, seamless way making both the ceremony and reception magical. We were so fortunate to have hired Colleen Miller Events and hope all Charlottesville brides have the opportunity.

Sent on 07/04/2014

Laura · Married on 05/31/2014

Kate Phillips was incredibly helpful throughout our planning process and on our wedding day. My Husband and I live in Florida, my family lives in Pennsylvania and his family lives in North Carolina. Needless to say, planning a wedding in Virginia was no easy task. We were only able to visit our venue (Trump Winery) twice throughout the planning period. In March, I flew home to PA and drove 4 1/2 hrs. to Charlottesville with my family. Jon's mom and grandmother drove 5 hrs. from North Carolina. When we got there, it snowed all night and Charlottesville was under several inches of snow by morning. We were supposed to meet the caterers, venue event manager and Kate that day to discuss details. The venue closed and the caterers cancelled on us too. Kate drove through the snow to meet us at our hotel so that we could begin planning with her. We knew right away that we could count on her for anything!
    The month of the wedding, she handled all of the communication between vendors. It took lots of stress off of us. She made sure everything was in order and that all of our requests were met.
    On our wedding day, she made sure everything was set up the way we imagined and it could not have been more beautiful! She helped me to stay relaxed and reassured me when I began to stress about minor things. I don't know what we would have done without her and we are so grateful for all of her help!!

Laura and Jon Teague

Sent on 06/07/2014

Mike · Married on 05/24/2014

Colleen was (and is) AMAZING. She helped us with our Charlottesville wedding and hiring her was the best decision we made with respect to vendors.

She is wonderful to work with and made our wedding the beautiful success that it was. Colleen made outstanding suggestions, prevented us from pitfalls, responded to surprises quickly and appropriately, and was a complete professional. She's candid, responsive, firm (when she needs to be with vendors) and is an expert in this field. Her team works together seamlessly and made our special day very memorable - we could not have done it without her.

Sent on 07/25/2014

Austin · Married on 11/02/2013

Kate with Colleen Miller Events was our day of wedding planner. She was everything we could ask for and more. From the smallest details to the biggest concerns – she covered all of the bases. We recommend her work to weddings of all sizes, spaces, and budgets.

Our wedding was held at the Wilton House Museum in Richmond, VA in November. There were many areas to decorate & lots of details to include. Kate prepared everything the morning of and exceeded our expectations. As guests began to arrive, we had an unforeseen delay with guests travelling from the hotel to the ceremony. Kate managed the situation perfectly. She kept everyone informed, including us, and made everyone feel comfortable and worry free.

Once everyone arrived, the ceremony went off without a glitch. As we moved to taking pictures, Kate was great at moving guests along to the reception area. Even though each vendor was given their instructions, timelines, etc. – we worried that something would be missed. Kate made sure everything moved smoothly and on time. We were introduced, the first dances, cake cutting, bouquet toss, and thank you’s – were all done without any confusion.

As the reception was winding down, Kate coordinated everything from the band to the catering to the clean up. Another area we worried about was made painless with her diligence. Many of the decorations and furniture used was ours, some was rented, and some belonged to the event space. Kate streamlined the entire process and everything went where it should in an orderly fashion.

Overall our experience with Kate was exceptional. We would warmly recommend her to our friends and anyone else preparing for a wedding. Kate is quick, pleasant, and very thorough. Without her help, we don’t know how we could have pulled off such an amazing day.

Sent on 01/02/2014

Melissa · Married on 10/19/2013

Colleen Miller Events helped make our wedding day be the most fabulous day we could envision. Everything was beautiful and most of all FUN.

Colleen was our day-of coordinator because we wanted peace of mind leading up to our wedding day. We made all the decisions about vendors and arrangements, but in the few weeks leading up to the wedding Colleen sorted out all the details. Brides - I cannot tell you how important this was for our sanity. It allowed us to focus on the important things like our family and friends arriving in town. Colleen was there for our rehearsal dinner to make sure the family and officiant were organized. On the day-of I hardly saw Colleen and her assistant at all - which I would count as the true marker of success! While we got ready with our wedding party, Colleen put the finishing touches on all the decorations and directed the vendors for setup. I was focused while getting ready, fully in the moment during the ceremony, and having the time of my life during dinner and dancing! What more could you ask for?

I highly recommend Colleen as a day-of coordinator. I'm in favor of the DIY approach to make the event your own and to keep costs lower, but you can't even put a price on the value of the services Colleen offers.

Sent on 11/05/2013

Bonnie · Married on 10/06/2013

Colleen Miller was amazing! I hired Colleen for day of coordination services and that service includes at least a month of consultation services prior to the wedding. This was just the support needed, because I was planning our daughter's wedding in Charlottesville from Northern Virginia. She had very quick turnarounds on all of my questions and that turned out to be exceedingly important because I had only 4 months in which to plan the wedding. Colleen managed the wedding day flawlessly. She kept me advised of any potential issues and kept her cool even with a short rain delay on the ceremony! I would not hesitate to recommend Colleen to anyone. She's highly professional and approached her work with a very affirming style. In one word, she's great!

Sent on 11/05/2013

George · Married on 07/06/2013

We could not have had a better outcome for our daughters wedding. Colleen Miller Events answered every call, email, text quickly and in a very professional manner. Her execution on the day of the event was flawless. We highly reccomend her services.

Sent on 07/08/2013

Sarah · Married on 07/06/2013

Colleen Miller is absolutely outstanding at every aspect of her job. She completely took away all stressful aspects of planning a wedding. My husband and I knew what venue we wanted, but were clueless about everything else! Colleen recommended to us her favorite florists, caterers, photographers, lighting specialists, DJ, and stylists..... we hired all of them and they all turned out incredible. It was a real life wedding planning dream team!!!!!!! Our big day could not have gone more smoothly or been more magical. The best choice we ever made was hiring Colleen Miller. HIRE COLLEEN AND ASK FOR HER WEDDING DREAM TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You won't be sorry!!!!

Sent on 07/11/2013

Bonnie · Married on 06/23/2013

I was reluctant to hire a day of coordinator but it was required by my venue. But... the day after the wedding, me, my now husband, and my parents all agreed that we couldn't have imagined getting through the last thirty days without Colleen. I am personally an obsessive planner and controlling and need to trust someone before I hand over the reigns. When I finally met Colleen, I knew I could trust her and whenever a mini-crisis arose, Colleen was on it, putting out each fire. Can't thank her enough for smoothing everything out and really supporting us over the last month or so. Thank you, Colleen!

Sent on 06/27/2013

Alix · Married on 06/08/2013

Colleen is the only person you really NEED to have at your wedding. Why? Because she knows what has to happen without you telling her anything. At least, that's how I felt the week leading up to and the day of the beautiful ceremony and party that she made possible. I hired Colleen as my day-of coordinator and it was the best thing I did for myself. People are always telling you to make sure to take care of yourself on your wedding day. If you want to do that, hire Colleen Miller Events as you planner/coordinator. Like me, you'll thank yourself (or more appropriately, her) for her skills, kindness, contacts (she knows who to hire) and ease.

Sent on 08/08/2013

Stephanie · Married on 05/26/2013

Colleen was absolutely wonderful -- charming, funny, organized, proactive, always keeping us on track but never pushy -- simply put, despite our months of work, we could not possibly have pulled off our wedding without her. She provided us with invaluable guidance while we were planning the wedding and went above and beyond the call of duty both in the days leading up to the wedding and during the event. We wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding in the Charlottesville area--you won't regret it!

Sent on 06/13/2013