Aribella Events Reviews

39 Reviews for Aribella Events

1 User photo

Aribella Events 1

ken · Married on 08/25/2017

My (now) wife and I spent a great deal of time and effort into looking at venues and planning a wedding as this was out first for each of us, but we are...old enough that we were going to be paying for everything ourselves. We had what we thought was a good plan. Then we talked with Tonia. She asked some questions, chatted, laughed with us, and frankly I thought that most of it was completely filler. Until she gave us a breakdown of places with her top pick. We hadn't even heard of the place. In fact, the people were surprised we had even heard of them as they are a tiny vineyard in the Pacific Northwest, and don't advertise. I didn't even realize I had a "dream wedding" until Tonia found it for me, and for us. I still don't know how she found it. It is on the other side of the country. She talked to us and listened to us, and I didn't realize this but what I wanted was an intimate setting with a view of the mountains that reminded me of my childhood. My wife wanted a space that was natural and rustic with modern amenities, child friendly, and a place where people would feel relaxed and welcomed. Tonia somehow heard all of that in what I thought was a simple conversation and found the most amazing venue.

On the day of the event, she handled the most difficult situations (political family matters and practical "oh * I forgot THAT!" matters on my part) in an extraordinary way. I just told her the problem, and later it was solved. On top of turning a giant empty barn and a big open field into one of the most incredible days of my life.

Tonia somehow took a formless idea of "I want to get married" and turned it into one of the best experiences ever. She found a way to not just make it the bride's day, but the day I didn't even know I wanted, and the whole time it just felt like I was chatting with a dear friend, not planning a major life event

Aribella Events 2
    Sent on 01/30/2018

Megan · Married on 05/02/2015

Tonia was an absolute delight to work with, every single step of the process. In fact, I miss her! We hired her for full wedding planning and floral services (so easy to work with a florist who has also helped shape your entire vision), and she certainly delivered. I was never a bride who had tons of ideas and pinterest pins, so she helped walk us through every step of the process and graciously navigate family and etiquette questions. She also assisted in planning the rehearsal dinner, and stepped up to handle many last-minute requests so I didn't have to (like when I decided I wanted to design table cards a month or so before the wedding; or wanted various photos throughout the venue). We even "lost" the original band, who received a contract the day we went to submit one, and she was able to find another one that was still available and just as fabulous. If you choose Tonia and her team for any wedding planning, coordinating, or floral services, you won't be disappointed - she's very flexible, finds a way to make pretty much anything happen, and is just lovely to work with.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Lora · Married on 04/06/2013

Tonia was awesome! She was there for me with not only great ideas & suggestions but also as a friend I could talk to when tensions got high with my family.

She was constantly in touch with me making sure all of the details, even things I never even thought of, were all set for the big day.

To sum it all up I could not have done it without her & with three unmarried sisters I'll definitely be seeing Tonia in the future.

Sent on 07/10/2013

Suzanne · Married on 10/03/2015

To say we couldn't have done it without Tonia would be--well, it would be literal.

Tonia is a star and so incredibly gifted. She has that rare mix you want: highly competent, super fun, creative, open-minded about both intent and evolving wedding ideas (!), and absolutely professional and warm with every walk of life that may find its way to your special day. She found a way to work with our vendors or bring in exceptional ones for the things we still needed, as well as bring in all of the types of food we wanted from the best chef in the city, secure the massive amount of tents we needed for unexpected hurricane that arrived our wedding week, decorate in OUR style which was minimal but elegant, and the entire time assure us we were on track--both timing wise and psychologically! The only slight ding is around accessibility, but it is truly understandable bc she is so good she is really in demand, so in all fairness, she was likely making other people's events exceptional in those rare times we couldn't reach her to nail something down. HIGHEST REC ALL AROUND! Thank you so much, Aribella Events and Tonia!

Sent on 01/30/2016

Kristen · Married on 10/25/2014

I cannot recommend Tonia enough! She is organized, professional, talented, and in complete command of pulling off a big event like a wedding. We got married at a historic estate, and although Tonia had never planned a wedding at that venue, everyone in my bridal party thought she had planned dozens of weddings there.

Tonia took care of all minor issues, and I never knew about them. She was great at handling everything and making my wedding a stress-free day for me and my entire bridal party. She went above and beyond what I expected a typical planner to do.

Most importantly, she was kind to my bridal party, family, and guests. My bridesmaids commented to me repeatedly how much they enjoyed her company! Also, she is completely prepared and handled the entire day with grace and enthusiasm.

Absolutely the perfect wedding planner! If you want a stress-free, fun day that you'll remember forever, I highly recommend Tonia!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Megan · Married on 08/09/2013

Our wedding could not have been more perfect and it was all thanks to Tonia and her team.

We started working with Tonia about 10 months before our wedding and she assisted every step of the way from helping us find the perfect officiant, band, photographer, and hair & makeup team to ensuring our (my) vision for the design and decor came to life :). Whenever a little issue or roadblock popped up, Tonia was on top of it right away. The day of, Tonia and her team had everything under control so we could concentrate on being present rather than worrying about all the little details.

Aside from being organized and having a great design aesthetic, Tonia has the brightest and most positive personality. She is accomodating and attentive and listens to everyones ideas. Monthly conference calls with my entire family and all their opinions on the phone was not an easy thing to balance, but she did it with a smile on her face.

I definitley recommend Tonia & Aribella Events, you will be in great hands.

Sent on 11/08/2013

Katie · Married on 10/06/2012

Our wedding would not have been what it was if it was not for Tonia and her team. We hired Tonia to help us with our wedding plans as my husband and I were both finishing our schooling. We needed someone to help us take some wedding planning details off of our hands. She listened to exactly what we wanted and was able to give us ideas of what she thought would work best for us when we had no idea. She set us up with some of the top vendors in the business who were all so great to work with and who I know we never would have found on our own.
    Come our wedding day it was such a relief to know she was there and would take care of all the details for us. If something did go wrong on our wedding day, we had no idea and still don't to this day! I really can not say enough great things about Tonia and Aribella Events and I would hire them again without hesitation for any future event.

Sent on 12/18/2012

Tonia and her team at Aribella Events were outstanding to work with. My husband and I had very busy schedules and decided several months before the wedding that we needed someone to help keep the wedding planning on schedule and to help make everything happen. Tonia worked with our hectic schedules to keep us on track and facilitated every step from finding vendors to helping coordinate meetings to keeping track of all the moving parts. In addition to being a huge help prior to the wedding, she was outstanding on our wedding day. She helped keep the day running smoothly and on schedule without hectoring anyone or transmitting any stress to me (or my husband or family or any of the bridal party). The day was beautifully executed and we (and our families and friends) got to spend the time enoying ourselves and not worrying about any details. For this, we are forever grateful.

One of the most impressive things about Tonia, and what made our decision to work with her easy and natural, is that despite being very organized and a strong leader that gets things done, she is in no way pushy or condascending. She is extremely genuine, patient, and supportive while being very capable, realistic, and experienced at the same time. We met several people that were either capable and experienced or kind and gentle, but Tonia was the only person we met who possessed both characteristics.

Sent on 12/18/2012

alec · Married on 08/09/2013

3.5

Impossible to have done it without Tonia, and wouldn't have been nearly as nice as it was.

We were all in different cities, had chosen a city "in the middle" which none of us were living in, and all had day jobs. It could have easily been a challenging and frustrating experience. As it turned out we can't imagine it being any better than it was. Tonia was key to that success.

At the outset, the checklists, timeline and budgeting administrative help took much of the initial stress off. Recommendations for the various bits and pieces like band, cake, hair, hotels etc. invariably good. Keeping us on track with decisions very helpful. Design of the room, flowers etc. icing on the cake.

Giving the bride and the mother-of someone else to yell at other than each other, speaking as father-of, priceless.

Sent on 11/01/2013

Evelyn · Married on 04/21/2012

My husband Shane and I worked with Tonia and Aribella Events as our day of the event coordinator. Although we had a somewhat limited budget, we decided that a day of the event coordinator was a must, so that we could enjoy our day while a responsible professional handled the details. Tonia and her staff did just that. Tonia coordinated with our vendors in the final weeks before the wedding to take that task off my plate. And although Tonia could not coordinate our event, her associate Joelene did a wonderful job making sure that the day flowed smoothly.

Tonia is also incredibly friendly and easy to communicate with. Shane and I live in the D.C. area and our wedding was in Bucks County, P.A. Tonia was able to check in with us via skype and also scheduled sessions to accommodate our busy work schedules. She definitely allowed me to breathe a sigh of relief during what was definitely, at times, a stressful wedding planning process.

Overall, our investment in Tonia and Aribella Events was a good one and we would certainly recommend her services to couples embarking upon the wedding planning process.

Sent on 07/17/2012

If you are looking for someone who knows all the complete details and who manages all vendors with great authority, then Aribella is the way to go. Highly satisfied with her services, so much so that I was able to relax and greatly enjoy my wedding. All my guests did too.

Sent on 06/13/2015

Karen · Married on 10/06/2012

Tonia was a great help to my daughter and me. We had two years to get the details of the wedding planned but as can happen with that much time you can lose your focus. Tonia kept us on track and helped to ease the anxiety as it built. The day of the wedding she was with us from early morning until the event was over. I would highly recommend Tonia for any event you are planning.

Sent on 12/26/2012

3.2
      2.0
      3.0

Tonia was super nice and had a great vision. She also carried out my vision very well -- at least with regard to the centerpieces. However, I found it very difficult to keep in touch with her. She could be quite non-responsive at times -- sometimes I didn't get a response from her until I sent 1 or 2 follow up emails. Additionally, she asked me fairly early on if I wanted her to provide certain stationary for the reception (which I did). However, it became clear that she forgot when she re-asked that question quite close to the wedding. Between the late confirmation re: stationary and her general delays with responding to emails, I would have had to incur a hefty rush charge in order to obtain stationary through her company. I ended up doing much of the stationary myself to cut costs.

Additionally, both my bridal party and I were disappointed with the quality of the personal flowers (bouquets in particular). I do realize that I got an excellent deal when it comes to flowers, but I would have happily paid more for better quality. The bouquets were way too small -- I had envisioned a large, romantic bouquet, but the one I got was about half the size that I wanted. I suppose I should have been more specific with that request, so that's partially my fault. Moreover, the bouquets began falling apart as soon as we lifted them from the vases -- I'm not just talking petals falling off, but entire flowers falling out of the bouquet as well. Very sad :(. Also, we were short a boutonniere. Luckily, I have crafty bridesmaids who turned an extra corsage into a boutonniere on the fly.

Overall, I chose Tonia for her personality, which is fabulous and fun. Her florist services are quite reasonable for a cost conscious bride, but overall, I wish I had paid a little more for the personal flowers (again, centerpieces were lovely -- no issues there).

Sent on 05/17/2015

Aribella Events's reply:

(The following is from an email sent directly to the bride on 5/18/15)
    Responsiveness continues to be something I am working on, to improve turn-around time to replies and to be more readily available. I appreciate you pointing this out and can assure you, you're preaching to the choir on this one! ;) I was very conscious of your budget and wanted to respect you by honoring it; I appreciate that you noted in your review that the budget was a part of the decision-making process. I know we discussed the stationery a bit in the last two weeks before your wedding; unfortunately seating charts and escort cards are one of those pesky "have to wait till the end" type of things. We had the option of the local stationery designer at the same price and without any rush charges as our in-house service but you had already decided to do them on your own - a decision I can completely understand and support (both then and now.) Again, I appreciate the feedback here and I am sorry to hear that you were anything less than thrilled. Based on your feedback, I've decided to implement some changes to the "design discovery" process to help better define expectations when it comes to budgets and such, along with fine-tuning some internal systems regarding email timing and I value your input. I recognize that there isn't anything I can do to change your disappointment with the bouquets; I am glad that you were happy with the centerpieces and with being/under budget for floral. I wish you all the best!

Anne · Married on 09/09/2017

1.6
      2.0
      1.0
      0.5
      2.5

I have searched my heart about whether or not to write this review, but having just had the most beautiful wedding imaginable, I know how hard it is to plan and how expensive it can be, and I wouldn't want anyone to go through what we did with Tonia. While Tonia talked a big game, (over Skype) and had a beautiful website, and what looked like great reviews, her delivery for us was mediocre at best. We went through multiple periods of several weeks where we could not reach her. She seemed to have a lot of trouble answering specific questions, delivering on promises made, and responding to emails. Almost all of the work that I had hoped to delegate to her, I ended up doing myself. We kept giving her the benefit of the doubt, hoping that conditions would improve, but two months before our wedding (after paying her $2600) we realized she was causing us more stress in trying to track her down than actually helping us. We ended up eating the fee we had already payed her (we technically owed her $1000 more) and breaking the contract. We ended up having a gorgeous wedding, with a friend coordinating for us on the day (MUST HAVE), but I do wish we hadn't gone through months of negativity and frustration trying to get our "manager" to actually manage.

Sent on 09/29/2017