Argyles Events and Catering Reviews

59 | Kitty Hawk, NC

59 Reviews for Argyles Events and Catering

Braiden · Married on 10/06/2017

If you are planning a wedding and need Catering and a cake look no further! Debra did both our food and cake and it was absolutely amazing! I had so many people tell me after the wedding how amazing the food was. They also provided a Gelato bar which was awesome. They made sure that the food from cocktail hour was brought down to the beach where we were taking pictures so the bridal party didn't miss out! All the staff were professional and super kind. I changed several things along the way and it was exactly how I asked and perfect! If you book them you will not be disappointed!!!

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 07/30/2017

Deborah and her husband made beautiful cupcakes for our wedding. They traveled all the way Fromm Kitty Hawk to Corolla on a Sunday during peak tourist season. They braved through some serious traffic. They were absolutely delicious. Everyone was raving about them! From scheduling a tasting to sending contracts, she never missed an email. I would highly recommend her for any event!!!!!

Nicola · Married on 07/01/2017

Debra made our cupcakes and anniversary cake for our July 1st wedding and it was amazing. Everyone loved them. Some even had more than 1!! Her and her husband are so kind and helpful. We went to Argyles for dinner later in the week after our wedding and gave us complimentary cake and champagne! Can't wait to go back and visit again !

• Theresa

Theresa · Married on 09/25/2016

Deborah from Argyles made our wedding cake. It was made to perfection! We wanted something unique, a cannoli cake and she pulled it off scrumptiously! Decorated with our favorite beach theme, it was as beautiful as it was delicious. She took the time to listen to what we wanted and her baking abilities exceeded beyond our imagination. Thank you Deborah for helping to make our wedding day perfect!

Adrienne · Married on 05/20/2016

It was wonderful to work with Sweet Duck/Argyle's catering - Debra made us SEVEN wedding cakes, and they were all so beautiful and delicious. Our guests were so pleased, and wanted to try every cake. I would absolutely recommend them to other couples.

Alexis · Married on 05/12/2016

Debra was an absolute delight to work with! From the first day of tastings to the delivery on my wedding day! Debra made sure my wedding cake was absolutely perfect! I had the beauty of eating her amazing hummingbird cake. Our guests couldn't compliment us enough on how tasty and perfectly decadent it was! I just can't wait to eat the tier we saved for our anniversary next year! Debra is a wedding cake genius!

Jennifer · Married on 04/26/2016

We found Debra through a recommendation from our vendor, Artz Music and Photography, little did we know how amazing that recommendation would turn out to be for our wedding. Argyle's provided services for both our rehearsal and our reception, as well as our cake/cupcakes through their cake business Icing on the Cakes. We absolutely loved everything they provided. Not only the food, which was AWESOME, but also their responsiveness, service, and professionalism. They are worth every penny we spent. We loved Debra from the first time we met her, our 40 minute tasting turned into a wonderful 90 minute conversation. We knew from the tasting that the food would be delicious, but we still were amazed when it came to the actual events.

Debra delivered the food for the rehearsal, talked through everything that would happen for the reception, and introduced us to her husband who would be managing the reception catering. Debra's husband, and the entire staff for the reception, was wonderful. They brought food & drinks down to the beach while we were taking pictures so we wouldn't miss out, and they walked through our entire venue (a large 3 story rental home in OBX) with trays to make sure none of our guests missed out on any of the festivities. Every guest told us how wonderful the food was at our wedding and how terrific the staff was as they took care of everyone throughout the event.

We decided to do a cutting cake and cupcakes so we could accommodate different guest preferences. We also did not provide very much direction to Debra for what we wanted, we simply told her flavors, and said it was a beach theme along with our colors. Argyle's set up a beautiful display and everything was absolutely perfect. If you are considering Argyle's for catering, we highly recommend them. We will definitely be stopping in at their restaurant for dinner when we return to OBX, and they will be our first choice for catering for any future events down there!

Debra · Married on 09/12/2014

Debra catered our rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding on OBX in the 4x4 area. We planned the dinner a year in advance.... NC BBQ Feast....while we were on our annual vacation. Planning any event long distance is always a challenge but we had nothing to worry about. Debra, her husband & staff "aced" our dinner..... everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal, seconds & thirds. The food was absolutely fantastic down to the Mississippi Mud Cake & a last minute request for a "Groom's Cake "......Key Lime..... scrumptious !!! Did I mention Debra owns a bakery, too ?? All around catering service for all your needs. Debra is fantastic with great ideas & suggestions & probably the most
    patient businesswoman I've ever met. If we ever need her services again I would in a heartbeat. Visit her Sea Salt Grille Restaurant, too. Thanks Debra !!!

Vanessa · Married on 08/14/2014

Our cake looked beautiful and tasted even better! We loved working with Argyles, they were very laid back and made the experience stress free! : )

We met with Debra in October when looking for a cake vendor. Her cakes were the tastiest and I found her system the easiest to on which to predict the total cost. She let us try out a whole bunch of different types of cakes, all of which were delicious.

We wound up going with the key lime cake and butter cream frosting. It was a little light on the lime flavor for my personal taste, but my husband, who doesn't like key lime usually, thought it was delicious so I think it was a great balance.

She charged us by the slice which made things easier in many ways as many others wanted to set a contract that flexed based on the level of complications for the design. As I had no idea what I wanted it to look like at the time, that made it easier for me to decide.

When I finally had decided, I sent her some photos of what I had in mind, and she said no problem. The cake itself was beautiful, I couldn't have been more pleased.

• User4200990 · 2+ years ago

The food and my photographer were the two most important things to me and my husband and we couldn't have been any happier with both our choices. We have nothing but good things to say and we'll def be recommending you guys to anyone getting married in the Outer Banks. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Emily · Married on 05/17/2014

LOVED LOVED LOVED ARGYLES! Anything I wanted or needed she was there to help and guide! Great company and great caterer!!

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/11/2013

I can't say enough about the level of service I received from Debra and her team. Her all-inclusive package is the greatest deal I was able to find in the Outer Banks Area and everyone was blown away by the quality! We had a package that included cocktail hour with hors d'oeuvres and open bar, full buffet for our guests at dinner, tables/chairs/linens/servingware, our wedding cake, and a AWESOME staff who catered to our every need. We had our ceremony and reception at a private beach house, and even though the weather didn't cooperate at the last minute, Debra was ready with a plan that made the evening go seamlessly. Definitely recommend the coconut shrimp and key lime wedding cake--their specialties!

Candace · Married on 08/17/2013

Argyles made our cupcakes and anniversary cake.
    Quick replies to emails, delicious cupcakes with wedding colors and shells. Helpful with flavor ideas and amount of cupcakes. Beautiful setup for the day-of. Easy to work with, highly recommended.

Debra was amazing! Her and her staff made my wedding reception beautiful and go on without a hitch. She really paid attention to everything I asked for and wanted out of the decor. The food was great and the cake was absolutely delicious! Best wedding cake I have eaten! I would highly recommend Argyles (now called the Sea Salt Grille) for a venue.

Stephanie · Married on 08/01/2013

Argyle's was fabulous! They helped make our wedding day the best it could possibly be and we will be forever thankful! Argyle's worked with us closely when planning a menu and cake design. I have a great amount of allergies and because they make everything from scratch they could accommodate all of my needs. Everything was prepared fresh and I could eat almost everything at my wedding. They even made sure their staff knew what I could and could not eat. All of the food was delicious and we are still receiving compliments! From appetizers, to entrees, to the cake, it was some of the best food I have ever tasted! Our cake was beautiful also. All we had to do was send Debra a picture and she made it look exactly the way we wanted. Argyle's even provided desserts for our rehearsal dinner with very short notice. They were wonderful to work with and I would recommend this caterer and bakery to everyone!

Geoffrey · Married on 07/06/2013

Debra and her crew did the best job ever on our wedding cake and cupcakes! We could not have asked for a better caterer! She communicated with us and made 100% sure we liked the different cupcakes before actually settling on a decision. She arranged for us to have a few different taste sittings and we are very happy she did! Debra is highly recommended and when we come back for our next event, we will not hesitate to call her and have her cater for our event! Thank you Debra!

Cheyenne · Married on 06/06/2013

Debra Argyle made my wedding cake for my June beach wedding and it was absolutely breath taking. I loved all the detail that went into making my small two tier wedding cake the best!! The top tier was brownie and the bottom was vanilla and fresh strawberries. It was amazing!! So moist and flavorful! It was so good I will have to order another for our one year anniversary since it went so quickly. The icing was not to sweet like some buttercream, just perfect. So if you are looking for a great wedding cake for your OBX wedding call Debra Argyle.

Rachelle · Married on 06/04/2013

Debra Argyle was so helpful in helping me plan our menu for the wedding! The food was amazing! We had as our entree's the filet, stuffed chicken w/brie and proscuitto, a ham carving station, and pasta station. We didn't have the chance to taste much of our appetizer's but the swedish meatballs were great, and everyone raved about the coconut shrimp. We were married at the house we and our guests rented for the week and the wedding leftovers did not last long! My husband and I can't wait to visit again and plan a date night at Argyles restaurant.

Brian & Mary · Married on 04/27/2013

Amazing food, service was handled by a very professional staff. Highly recommend this venue to everyone

• Bianca

Bianca · Married on 06/22/2012

Debra is the best. We had looked at many other restaurants prior to checking out Argyles. We actually had never heard of it, but when driving by, I thought, "hey why not? maybe they will let us taste something." I called the restaurant when it wasn't open for regular business hours, and Debra picked up. I explained that we were from out of town, looking for a caterer. She told us to come by right then and there. The moment we met her, we fell in love. She was very down to earth and reminded me of some of my family members back in New York. She sat us down and brought us a a few dishes--pasta, risotto, and cake--just like that! The food was amazing and we were hooked! The best part is, Debra is the one who cooks the food! Very rarely does the owner/head chef go to the weddings to do the cooking. I very much respect her philosophy on that. We had a couple more tasting and picked our menu. At the wedding, everyone was in love with the food. They couldn't stop talking about it, which is what we were going for. Debra and her hubby PJ, and their crew, were absolutely remarkable and attentive throughout the entire reception. I can't wait to go back to OBX to have dinner at their restaurant.

Dana · Married on 05/27/2012

Debra did our cake and catering and everything was wonderful. We got lots of compliments on both the food and the cake. Her staff was on top of everything and everyone was pleased with the service.

• F

John/Cathy · Married on 05/05/2012

Absolutely 5 Stars!!! As the parents of the groom, we held our rehearsal dinner at Debra's Argyle restaurant. The total experience from start to finish couldn't have been any easier. Debra has been doing this for a long time and her expertise makes all the difference. From start to finish it has been total peace of mind. The planning, the food, the service, and oh yes, did I mention the price? I was truly amazed at the reasonable cost and the quality / selection of menu choices.
    If you want your wedding/ rehearsal dinner to be perfect then Argyles is the place you should book!

Debbi · Married on 05/03/2012

Absolutely scrumcious cupcakes!! The guests at my daughter's wedding loved the variety of cupcakes and especially the tasty and beautiful white chocolate shells that embellished each one. My daughter even requested a speciific flavor the vendor had never done and it turned out to be everyone's favorite! Their icing is the best I've ever had. Great job!

Erin · Married on 10/15/2011

This is a year late but better late than never! My husband and I were having a DIY casual fun chic beach wedding. We did not want to have cake as we are not big cake fans. We love pies, so pies are what we wanted. We found Debra and Argyles online and saw that she did pies and other treats, not just cakes.

I should mention now that we were getting married October 15, 2011. Hurricane Irene decided to make things more interesting for us. We had to have our venue moved as we were going to get married in Hatteras and most of our vendors were not going to go by ferry if the bridge was not done.

Okay back to the review. Right after the hurricane was our appointment to meet for a tasting. It so happened it was the day they let tourists back to OBX. Still having repairs and the like to Argyles, Debra still allowed us to come that day. Her key lime pie was to die for. It was phenomenal. I should also mention she sent me different venues/houses to help us find another location as we had no secured another place at this point in time.

We ended up having her make us 10 different pies. they were all phenomenal. A lot of our guests commented that they wish their wedding cakes had been pies.

We loved them so much that one year later, we are ordering another half dozen to take down with us for a week anniversary/vacation/party at the house we were suppose to get married at.

Debra makes wonderful pies and showed us nothing but kindness!