The Joy of Sewing & Embroidery Service

Forest Hill, MD View map Visit website

Offering services: (but not limited to)

Alterations (formal/prom/homecoming/bridesmaid/wedding, etc.), Bridal Dresser, Embroidery (lettering/logo), Home Décor (curtains/valances, etc.), & More.

Conveniently & Easily Schedule your Own Appointment via my website and clicking on the "Schedule Appointment Now" or "Online Scheduling" Link.

Feel free to schedule a "MEASUREMENTS" appointment. This allows you to know your measurements before heading out to shop and it gives you a chance to meet me right from the start and be there for you.

When you have found your Dress... Schedule - "RESERVATIONS - INITIAL BRIDAL CONSULTATION" Select the year you are getting married and Choose a Date/Time and Submit information.

I look forward to getting to know and work with you to make this a fun process!
#Seamstressjustasimportantasothervendor

• Veteran-owned
  • Woman-owned

Emily C. Getting married on 11/11/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Joy is a Joy to work with!

I just had my first fitting and Joy is AMAZING! From the moment my appointment started I felt at home. I had many questions and concerns about my dress and Joy answered them all with reassurance and confidence. I look forward to my upcoming fittings and I know that my dress is going to be absolutely perfect on my wedding day all thanks to Joy!!

The Joy of Sewing & Embroidery Service's reply:

I am so glad I could ease your mind Emily. I am looking forward to your first fitting when you get to see the transformation of your dress fitting you as you envisioned.
    Adam R. Married on 06/25/2022

Amazing seamstress

Joy was amazing to work with. My dress was delayed in arriving and she was incredibly flexible in rescheduling my appointments and rushing the alterations to ensure it was ready for my wedding. She’s incredibly knowledgeable and made various recommendations for alterations to my dress but ultimately left the decisions up to me and wasn’t pushy. She was also incredibly helpful in teaching my maid of honor how to do the bustle of my dress at my last appointment.

The Joy of Sewing & Embroidery Service's reply:

You are most welcome. It was my pleasure to work with you and ease your mind. Thank you for sharing your experience and I look forward to seeing pictures when you get them back because I just know how stunning you looked.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

Team

Joy Pelt
Joy Pelt
Owner/Operator

I am a Seamstress with 25+ years experience with a Harford County home-based business in Forest Hill, Maryland that I have owned and operated for 20+ years. I started this service in the September 2000 because I love helping people achieve the look they want and deserve at affordable prices. ​My hobbies outside of sewing are spending time with my family and friends, biking, sports, painting, swimming, watching movies and exploring.

Read more on my website.

Forest Hill, MD, 21050
(410) 692-0964
Location of (The Joy of Sewing & Embroidery Service)
Forest Hill, MD, 21050
6672002739

Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 7:00 pm Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Saturday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm Sunday and Holidays - CLOSED

Other vendors in Baltimore for your wedding