Sew More Couture

Odenton, MD View map

Sew More Couture is an alterations, dress, and sewing shop in Glen Burnie, Maryland. They specialize in custom-design fashions and alterations, including wedding dresses, and receive new inventory seasonally. No matter your size, Sew More Couture is able to find or create bridal and formal gowns that will be dazzling on your wedding day.

Experience
Owner Vongie Newman has been sewing ever since she got her first sewing machine at 14. She’s a member of the Association of Sewing and Design Professionals (ASDP), American Sewing Guild (ASG), The Haute Couture Club of Chicago, and West Anne Arundel Chamber of Commerce (WAACC) which have given her a plethora of knowledge. Vongie designs and constructs garments that meet the standards of quality for custom clothing that are endorsed by ASDP.

Sew More Couture is available by appointment only and can help find or make gowns and dresses for brides, bridesmaids, flower girls, and mothers of the couple. The shop is a certified retailer for MacDuggal, Johnathan Kanye, Terani Couture, Dave and Johnny, Bonny Bridal, Benjamin Walk, and J.L. Johnson. Depending on the item, the dresses may be final sale, able to be exchanged, or offer a partial refund. Sew More Couture is able to offer clients a 6-month turnaround time on their bridal gowns. If you aren’t able to find something you love, the team may be able to custom fit an item for you.

What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?

Under $500
$500 - $999

How do you price dress alterations?

By Piece

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Bridesmaids
Flower Girls
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Groom

Which of the following services do you provide?

Alterations
Appointments Only

Which of the following items do you offer?

Bridal Belts
Bridal Gowns
Formal Gowns
Hair Accessories
Jewelry
Plus Size Gowns
Shoes

What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?

Less than 6 months

How often do you receive new bridal gowns?

Seasonally

What is your return policy?

Exchanges
Final Sales
Partial Sale

Amanda Married on 10/06/2018
    I needed my wedding dress altered a WEEK before my wedding. It was a size too small and the person who was suppose to alter it bailed at the last minute. Vongie, the owner, is amazing. She agreed to save my dress and did an amazing job on it. I thought I would only need it to be taken out a little bit but it also needed to be taken in at the bust. The fit was great. No one knew my dress was altered, not even people who knew I needed it taken out. She's super professional and her work speaks for itself. I will definitely be back for all of my alteration needs. I'm even going to have her make a custom piece for me!

Sew More Couture's reply:

Thank you so much, Amanda! We were very happy to help you get your wedding dress fixed for your big day!
    Amanda Married on 07/07/2018
    I used Sew More Couture to alter my gown for my July 2018 wedding. I had minimal alterations (just the straps/sleeves shortened) and needed a bustle added. They did a beautiful job! I can't see where they did the alterations to sleeve! I know they did them because the dress fit perfectly, but the work was really well done. I would recommend Sew More Couture and will probably be back with a few other dresses that need alterations.

Sew More Couture's reply:

Just notice this review. Thank you so much Amanda it was our pleasure to serve you for your special day.
    David Married on 06/23/2018
    Great, they tailor my suit. Great bunch of ladies.

400 Renfro Drive Ste 107 Odenton, MD, 21060

Monday - Friday from 1 pm to 7 pm, Saturdays 9-4pm Appointment are required.
Location of (Sew More Couture)

Other vendors in Baltimore for your wedding