Chevy Chase, MD 20815 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing
  • Deals 2

About Rabbi Laurie Green

Rabbi Laurie Green officiates weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, baby namings and other life cycle events throughout DC, Maryland, Virginia and Pennsylvania, as well as destination weddings. She specializes in personalized ceremonies and creative ritual.

It's my privilege to help you create a beautiful ceremony that fits your values, and represents who you truly are as individuals and as a couple. Together we will create a warm, unique, highly-personalized and inclusive ritual which will blend tradition and innovation, in the proportions just right for you. It's my pleasure to help you create the wedding ceremony of your dreams, stress-free.

I officiate mostly Jewish weddings (both interfaith and exclusively Jewish), but I am also honored to create entirely secular ceremonies, or to officiate generally God-based ceremonies for non-Jewish couples. Over the dozens of weddings I've officiated, I have brushed up on my Spanish for the sake of parents watching via Skype in Paraguay, learned about Chinese wedding customs, and helped atheists with religious parents get married with integrity and without family drama. I will co-officiate under specific circumstances, which I am happy to discuss.

Every wedding is unique! What do you imagine for yours?

We can be as creative, or as traditional, as you want to be. It is my pleasure to work with conventional and unconventional partners across a wide-spectrum of religious views, sexual orientations, gender identities, relationship structures, and cultural backgrounds. I work with same-sex as well as opposite-sex couples, and with LGBT as well as mainstream organizations. I have an academic background in feminist midrash (Jewish Biblical interpretation), creative liturgy, and comparative religion, and it is my pleasure to offer my expertise to help you find or create the perfect music, poetry, readings and rituals.

I offer a variety of optional related services, including pre-marital counseling and Hebrew translation. In some areas, I am able to help you apply for and pick up your marriage license, if you are applying from out of state. I also officiate ceremonies in the absence of civil licenses whenever it is lawful and ethical to do so.

In addition to weddings, I officiate baby namings, anniversary blessings and the entire spectrum of life events, and offer spiritual guidance and private classes.

Whether you are 23 years old or 73 years old, whether you have known each other for 6 months or 60 years, I would love to guide you on the exciting journey to your special day.

img1897
img1897
12 05 19 31 11

26 Reviews for Rabbi Laurie Green

Lee · Married on 04/28/2018

You will not be disappointed with Rabbi Laurie. She is patient, funny, and insightful. My husband and I had our officiant back out of our wedding about two months before our ceremony, which was devastating. In a panic, we reached out to Rabbi Laurie-- and it turned out to be one of the best decisions we could have made for our wedding. Rabbi Laurie was everything we could have wanted in an officiant-- she took the time to learn about us and tailor a ceremony that matched us perfectly. She gave us countless options to personalize our ceremony-- down to which gender we would like to use when referring to God. It was truly incredible. She was such a calming presence throughout our ceremony, guiding us through everything and injecting humor. We received so many compliments from guests on how beautiful and touching the ceremony was. We were absolutely thrilled.

Sent on 04/30/2018
    Rabbi Laurie Green 3
    Rabbi Laurie Green 4

Rabbi Laurie Green's reply:

Thanks Lee! It was an honor to be with you and Brian on your big day. Wish Brian good luck on the new job! Congratulations!

Amber · Married on 11/18/2017

Our wedding ceremony officiated by Rabbi Green was absolutely wonderful. We received more compliments on how beautiful our ceremony was than we did for any other part of the wedding. She took the time to get to know us personally, and created a ceremony that was uniquely ours. A lot of our family and friends are not of the Jewish faith, but from the Ketubah signing to the stomping of the glass, she made sure that everyone knew the importance of the traditions. We also had a premarital counseling session with Rabbi Green, and it sparked several conversations between us that made us feel even closer together before our wedding. Rabbi Green is extremely caring and thoughtful and we highly recommend her as a wedding officiant.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Rabbi Laurie Green's reply:

Thanks Amber & Scott. It was such a joy to join you. It was my first college wedding and well-worth the trip to Williamsburg! Best wishes for a long and happy life together!

Rabbi Laurie Green Pricing

• What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 500.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 150.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)? $ 90.00
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Buddhist, Earth-Based, Islam, Jewish, No Denomination, Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? CO, DE, DC, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV
  • What languages do you speak? English, Hebrew, Spanish

2 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• Rabbi Laurie Green 1
    Save $75 with up-front payment
    Couples who pay their total investment up-front can save $75. You must mention this deal when booking. *terms and conditions do apply*
  • Rabbi Laurie Green 2
    Free Consultation
    Not sure what kind of ceremony you want? Or not sure where to find an officiant who'll perform the ceremony you desire? At your request, we can have a free consultation to get to know one another and explore what kind of wedding will best fit you. No commitment required. This offer is good for any life cycle event - baby naming, renewal of vows, wedding, bar/bat mitzvah, etc.

• Chevy Chase, MD 20815 See on map