96 Reviews for Joan Phillips, Officiant & Celebrant
Trustworthy reviews are our priority. Businesses can't pay to change or remove reviews.
My Husband and I were so lucky to have found Joan! She just officiated out Sept. 23 wedding and it was wonderful. We were looking for a person who would help us create a special ceremony but didn't want anything overtly religious. Joan met with us several times and asked us insightful questions and used our answers to make a wonderfully personal and heartfelt ceremony. She was open to our non-traditional ideas and helped us incorporate some traditional elements to make it as special for our friends and family as it was for us. We cannot thank Joan enough!
We cannot say a bad thing about Joan. She was absolutely the best.
* Joan really worked with us to help us make the ceremony ours. We had a non-denominational ceremony that required a bit of customization.
* She was willing to put the ceremony on any part of the religious / non-denominational spectrum that we chose
* She provided a ton of samples that helped us better understand the language we wanted to choose
* She was really patient, helping us craft the ceremony at what could only be described as last-minute :)
* She had a great questionnaire which was fun to fill out, even under time pressure, and helped us really express how we felt about one another.
* She had great suggestions and was really open to feedback, so we were able to make a lot of changes really quickly. In a few cases she also helped (gently) steer us away from choices we wanted to make in a way that really benefited the overall ceremony.
* We heard so many compliments on how the ceremony was unlike things people had seen before because it truly reflected us
* She is such a kind, warm person -- talking with her was always a reassuring delight
* She was so great we invited her to the reception, and I even heard compliments from people there about how awesome she is!
We received a fantastic recommendation from ETC Coordinator to reach out to Joan. And she was an absolute pleasure to work with! Joan makes you feel as though she had known you and your fiancé since the beginning of your relationship. Our parents adored her as did all of our guests! The ceremony was personal and lighthearted all at the same time. We couldn't say enough wonderful things about this woman :-).