3104 Duke Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos

About Katherine's Bridal Boutique

Katherine’s Bridal Boutique is a full-service wedding dress boutique located in Alexandria, Virginia. It specializes in wedding dresses for brides, bridesmaids, flower girls, and mothers of the bride and groom, as well as hair accessories, veils, and jewelry. Since 1983, Katherine’s Bridal Boutique has been known as one of the premier bridal shops in Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC. They feature the work of many talented designers, including Alvina Valenta, Maggie Sottero, Allure Bridals, Watters, Wtoo, and Ti Adora.

The wedding bridal boutique offers dresses in all sizes, including plus size gowns, and accessory items that include bridal belts, garters, jewelry, hair accessories, and veils. Katherine’s Bridal Boutique also offers the following services:

• Alternations

Katherine's Bridal Boutique 7
  • Chastity

Chastity · Getting married on 10/11/2020

Love Katherine & Her store

Katherine has owned and run this store for over thirty years and it really shows. I came in on a Saturday at 4 pm before they close (without an appointment) and a half crafted vision. I was joined by my mother and bridesmaids on our first trip together. I had gone dress shopping by myself to get a few ideas and we had gone to other stores so they could see what I was looking for first hand. When we walked in, we were just hoping to look at a few dresses and try them on.

Two hours and a handful of dresses later, and I walked out with TWO dresses. I never envisioned myself buying a dress that day, let alone two. However, after being greeted by Katherine, she asked me a few questions regarding my vision and immediately said: "I can tell exactly what you're looking for". She pulled a half dozen dresses that were all GORGEOUS and EXACTLY what I was looking for and didn't even realize it. Trying them on, each and every one of those dresses made me feel more beautiful than any other dress I had put on. I felt BRIDAL and BEAUTIFUL.

Not only did she help me narrow down my choices by the vision of our wedding and our venue, but she went above and beyond to help us see me as a bride by pulling jewelry and veils. Whatever she didn't have, she knew exactly where we could find them. Even though there were several other brides with their bridal parties, she made us all feel like we were the only brides in the place and we never felt rushed even as we stayed past closing (she insisted I try on the dresses again when I was deciding on my reception dress because she wanted to make sure I felt secure in my decision and I felt it fit the vision perfectly).

Not only was Katherine amazing, but the other staff there were wonderful as well. They were all incredibly professional and knowledgable without being stuffy or standoffish. We all felt so welcomed and taken care of. I am so excited to go back for my alterations session.

The shop itself is small and quaint, but there is plenty of stock to choose from. The only small negative of the shop is the limited parking, however, the surrounding area has street parking (or you can go to Dunkin for coffee beforehand and park there which is what we did).

Overall, the experience was phenomenal. 10/10 would recommend this shop to any and all of my friends and family if they're looking for unique, quality dresses with a pleasant atmosphere.

Jamie · Getting married on 05/05/2019

Simply Amazing!

The staff at Katherine's was very helpful and accommodating. Upon entering the store I was asked what my vision was for a wedding dress. I showed a few pictures to the staff and gave a budget and immediately was told they thought they had the dress for me. I tried the dress on and it fit perfectly and I immediately fell in love with it. They let me FaceTime my mom to show her the dress and even held the dress for me for a day so she could come see it in person the following day. I am so happy with the dress we got and even my Maid of Honor can't believe how similar it is to my original vision. The staff at Katherine's is very personable. I felt very taken care of!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Katherine's Bridal Boutique's reply:

Hi Jamie,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a 5 star review. Azam is a fabulous consultant and I am glad she found the perfect gown for you.

Katherine's Bridal Boutique FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns? $1,000 - $2,499
  • How do you price dress alterations? By Piece
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Alterations, Cleaning, Preservation, Sample Sales, Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown? Less than 6 months