305 S. Prairieville Street, Athens, TX 75751 Map · Phone number

4 Reviews for The Cherry Laurel Bakery, Cafe & Catering

• Alexandria

Alexandria Nunnally · Married on 10/13/2018

Stunning Cakes and Amazing Brunch

I really cannot say enough about Linda and Bonnie… they are truly a couple of wonderful women and my family and I thoroughly enjoyed working with them on bride and groom cakes for our wedding, as well as brunch for the day after. We ordered a butter-rum cake with fresh strawberries in between the layers and a buttercream icing on top for the bride’s cake and we did individual cheesecakes with a shortbread bottom (instead of the usual graham cracker) and chocolate covered strawberries on top for the groom’s “cake”. Both of these were absolutely incredible! They bride’s cake was absolutely STUNNING and both of them were by far, the best cakes my (now) husband and I had ever tasted. The brunch the next day was so fresh and tasty- eggs, bacon, biscuits, cinnamon rolls, and fruit! It was really a pleasure working with these sweet ladies… I really can’t thank them enough for playing such a big part in making our fairytale wedding a reality!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Connie · Married on 10/19/2013

Thanks to the Cherry Laurel in Athens, Texas for the beautiful 5 layered wedding cake and grooms cake for my daughter's recent wedding. The cake was so good that I had people calling me to ask who made it! I have been a customer of the Cherry Laurel for several years but the first time for a wedding. I highly recommend them for any event, big or small. Special thanks to Linda and Bonnie for getting it just perfect!

Sincerely,
    Connie Shultz
    owner/New York, Texas ZipLine Adventures

Sent on 10/24/2013

The Cherry Laurel Bakery, Cafe & Catering's reply:

Connie, we only recently connected with Wedding Wire. We had no idea that you had written such an awesome review. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!! You guys are amazing and we appreciate you more than you know! Thank you again for calling on us for these amazing cakes. We are still in awe about the beauty of New York Texas ZipLine! Linda and Bonnie

terri · Married on 09/23/2017

The Cherry Laurel made our wedding cakes for a wedding out in a remote area. They made delicious, outstandingly gorgeous cakes and got them to a "bumpy" destination perfectly! I can't say enough good for this bakery! Thank you!

Sent on 01/17/2018

The Cherry Laurel Bakery, Cafe & Catering's reply:

Thank you Terri for taking the time to review The Cherry Laurel! We truly appreciate the kind words and excellent review that you gave us!! Remember to contact when you are ready for your FREE 1st Anniversary Cake. Let us know when we can be of service to you again and please keep spreading the good word for The Cherry Laurel!! Sincerely, Bonnie and Linda

• 305 S. Prairieville Street Athens, TX, 75751 See on map
    Location of (The Cherry Laurel Bakery, Cafe & Catering)