Pink Diamond Artistry- Hair & Makeup - Photo Booth Rentals

Pink Diamond Artistry- Hair & Makeup - Photo Booth Rentals

All Of California and Nevada!, CA
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

4.2
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I hired Pink Diamond Artistry for my recent wedding in Avila Beach, Ca. I did not deal with Nick but instead my contact was Anita. She was very quick to reply to give me pricing information and help me book them. Anita and her daughter were our hair and make-up artists the day of the wedding. They we prompt and easy to work with. They included eye lashes and air brush make-up which was a nice touch. My husband also had air brush make up applied which looked great on pictures! We were pleased with our hair and make-up, it was gorgeous and lasted all night! I am surprised about all the recent negative comments. I luckily, did not experience any problems like that. Thanks Pink Diamond Artistry for helping me look great on that very special day :)

• Wedding: 09/22/2013
0.2/5.0
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.0

SCAM!!!!!! I hired Nick and his team back in February for my September 1st wedding of this year. Before I paid he was responsive and really great on the phone. I then paid in full because of a special for 6 bridesmaids, 2 mothers and myself - 9 people for my wedding day, hair & make-up! I even paid for my trial in advance. TRAGIC. I scheduled my trial for a month before the wedding. THANK GOD! I'm from LA so went all the way to Paso Robles and rented a hotel room to do the trial in. The trial was supposed to be at 10am, that morning I got an email from Nick asking to push it later. I told him I couldn't because we would have to pay a whole extra night for the hotel room. He said it was ok and he would be there on time. NEVER SHOWED!!! 22 texts, 10 emails later no response. I had paid in full for the entire wedding party and the wedding. There are two saving graces: 1) I found this out the day of my trial not my wedding. I've read the reviews of the other brides who just had him not show the day of the wedding. that would be soo tragic. At least I had a month to find a new make-up and hair stylist, which i did find one! 2) I paid with my credit card so I was able to get a full refund since I had all the documentation to prove he was a fraud and didn't show!!! PLEASE don't ruin your wedding by hiring these people!!!!

• Wedding: 09/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 0.0

We are incredibly disappointed with Pink Diamond Artistry. They were recommended by a co-worker and had good reviews at the time we were booking someone to do my wedding hair/makeup and provide our photo booth. I paid in full in advance because they were offering a special. I had a trial which I was happy with even though Anita was late to my trial. On the day of our wedding, no one showed up and all my calls to Nick went straight to voicemail. We had been corresponding days before the wedding about what time they would arrive and details for our photo booth as if they were actually planning to show up. After about 20 calls, text messages and emails, I have yet to hear back from Pink Diamond. We were fortunate to find replacements on the day of and our credit card company was able to refund us.

• Flexibility: 0.0

I was IN a wedding Saturday August 24th...I wasn\'t even the bride but a bridesmaid and I am so upset over how the whole morning panned out that I came and made an account on this site just to warm future brides! At 7 am the morning of the wedding (an hour before he was supposed to start on hair and makeup for 10 women) Nick TEXTED the bride cancelling. He DID NOT call, nor did he respond to or answer the over and over texting and calling from the bride, groom, brides brother and brides sister. This is after she paid IN FULL in advance and after he did not show up at her trial but rather sent his mom in his place. I think this man is a total fraud and has some serious bad karma coming his way. So to all you future brides looking into using this man on your once in a lifetime special day-DONT!

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
Brittany
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Let me first start off by saying that I am not a competitor, but a bridesmaid who was SCAMMED by Pink Diamond Artistry. On the morning of August 24th, the bride received a text message at 7 AM (supposedly from Nick Reynolds) cancelling an hour before he was set to arrive. He mentioned in the text message that the night before the wedding his sister and mother had been in a car accident and his sister was on life support. He Also told the bride that he would do everything he could to get replacements for her special day. After calling and texting numerous times, the bride and bridesmaids NEVER received a response. Not to mention, the services were paid IN FULL back in December 2012. The only reason the bride agreed to pay in advance was because this was a 'holiday special'.

We later found out after a little research that Nick Reynolds has been in a California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility/State Prison since September 2012!

Pink Diamond Artistry is a SCAM and we will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. DO NOT trust these crooks!!!!

• Flexibility: 0.0

Didn't show up. I prepaid as I was talked into it to "ensure that there would be enough artists available" and because it was a "holiday special". Nick TEXTED 15 minutes before he was supposed to arrive on my wedding day telling me that he wasn't going to be able to make it because he had a family emergency and that he would find someone else. After that text, I called and texted him numerous times to no avail. I have not heard from him since. I was lucky enough to get absolutely amazing fill-ins last minute! Don't use this company-they are a scam. I have read many reviews of the same thing happening to many other brides. Don't let them ruin your day!!

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 0.0

THESE GUYS ARE A SCAMMM!! read the revies on this guy. there is more than once instance he has done this. He sends a text the day of your wedding after you have paid in full saying his mom was in an accident and then never return your call or anything!!! i filed a complaint with the better business beaureau and they did nothing. I am planning on filing a small claim to get my money back. Maybe $1000 is not alot to you, but for me it was heart wrenching!!! don't use him!!!!!

• Wedding: 08/11/2013
0.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

This company is a fraud and a fake! I booked Nick Reynolds for my wedding! His team was supposed to arrive between 4:30-5am. After numerous calls & texts for hours and hours from me and bridesmaids, Nick answered with "I'll try to find out what happened." That's it?!? That's all he can say after 8 women were stood up on my very important day! I had to leave my hotel room to get my hair and make up done by somene else and my bridesmaids/mom/groom's mother had to do their own hair and make up! This crook ran off with all my money and has no explanation! Do NOT use these people! If I could I would give these company 0 stars. The only thing I could say is that they did drive down to LA to do my trial makeup session, but what good did that do since they did not even show up on the day of my event!

• Wedding: 08/10/2013
myraandkraegell
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I used Pink Diamond for hair and makeup for me, my bridesmaids and my mother as well as the photobooth for the reception. Our hair and makeup looked fantastic for the wedding and the photobooth was a huge hit! We've enjoyed looking at our photobooth book from the reception and we're glad we decided to have it.

• Wedding: 04/13/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nick the owner was amazing to work with! We Booked Hair and makeup as well as our Wedding Cake with them!

Hair and makeup came out extremely well! I felt like a celebrity as any Bride should on her day!

I love Anita! She's so nice and lovable! My wedding cake was perfect. She did exactly what I imagine it to be. I highly recommend "Pink Diamond Events" for any event!

• Wedding: 03/29/2013
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 0.0

BEWARE - Pink Diamond Artistry is a fraud. Why can't I give 0 stars?

After weeks of coordination and full prepayment in advance for make-up and hair of one bride, 2 bridesmaids and mother of the bride, Nick was a no show for my sister's wedding.

Who does that?

In addition to leaving us in a HORRIBLE position on my sister's wedding day (wedding in very remote location, not even a walgreens within a 45 minute drive to go and buy, oh I don't know, a hairbrush, maybe a curling iron), he actually called the morning of with an outrageous lie and left a message saying he was going to be late. We waited for about an hour before realizing we were being scammed and had to manage our own hair and makeup.

I exchanged some emails with Nick, but never received a refund. I actually had to go through the trouble of filing a claim with my credit card company - to which Nick never responded - so I was ultimately refunded my money after about 2 months.

I will be in touch with the better business bureau as I don't think anyone else should have to go through what we went through - in the meantime, save yourself. There are plenty of people who will actually do what they promise (what they were paid for!).

• Wedding: 03/16/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I want to start off by stating how much easier it was to use all 3 of Pink Diamonds Services than signing 3 separate contracts! It is so amazing how great they are at everything they do! Nick is so great to work with! He really worked with me on pin pointing every accept from hair and makeup to my wedding cake! We also did rent the Photo Booth from them! For hair and makeup they did me and 4 of my Brides maids and both my mother as well as my husbands Mother so a total of 7. The hair and makeup came out way past my expectations and they even gave me a little touch up kit to make sure everything stays touched up through out the day (Lip gloss, Shine, ect.) I also highly recommend doing airbrush makeup because my skin never looked so flawless and it lasted all day/ night and i am pretty sure i woke up looking the same the next day! As far as the photo booth it was a blast and was really a hit with all of my guest! The attendants were very friendly and really great to work with! They had a very elaborate prob box as well as set up am amazing scrap book station for me! After the wedding Nick sent me a CD with all of the images and also did a Facebook album and my guest were able to go on and tag themselves. This is an amazing memories from my dream wedding that Pink Diamond help create! Lastly for my Wedding Cake he Nick set up our cake tasting with his Amazing Cake Gal Anita! We first came for our cake tasting and we tried our 2 different flavors and 2 different fillings and we ended up going with Red Velvet with Strawberry and cream cheese frosting. The cream cheese frosting is not over powering like most i have taste, and it was almost like biting into a really delicious fresh strawberry!

All in all Pink Diamond Events was one of the best vendors I was able to work with for my Wedding so I will be referring them to every engaged couple I know! Thank You Again!

• Wedding: 03/05/2013
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing hair and makeup and we all had a blast in the photo booth! Great people to work with! Thanks Pink Diamond!

• Wedding: 02/17/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

loved them! they were great thanks you

• Flexibility: 5.0

Nick and his mother, Anita, did an outstanding job of the hair and makeup for myself and my bridesmaids. They arrived at the hotel room promptly, got down to business right away and were very pleasant to work with. They made sure I was completely happy with everything and even accommodated a couple of minor, last minute changes. Everything went smoothly and I couldn't be happier. I received many compliments throughout the wedding and felt like a princess the entire night. I wish I could have them do my hair and makeup EVERY day!!!

Anonymous
0.3/5.0
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I booked Nicholas of Pink Diamond Artistry in July of 2012 and paid in full, and have never regretted anything more in my life. Basically, he broke contract and left me without hair and make up on my wedding day.

We had been emailing schedules and plans for hair and make up for myself, mothers of bride and groom and 6 bridesmaids. I began to worry only when no one showed up Friday evening for my run through make up trial. I spoke with Nicholas and he apologized for the mishap (he admitted forgetting to schedule the trial run) but assured me everything would be set for the actual wedding day.

When no one showed up at 9am as planned on the wedding day I really began to worry. After an hour of trying to get a hold of either the stylist who was supposed to show up or Nicholas himself, we finally got through to Nicholas who admitted his stylist "could not get a ride."

Long story short, we luckily were able to get into a wonderful salon in Healdsburg, whom Nicholas promised to pay for my make up and hair and make up for my bridesmaids. After multiple unreturned emails and phone calls, he never paid them and I ended up doing it myself. He also promised to send a refund check and never did. I have filed a complaint with my credit card company who is in the process of retrieving payment from him.

I do not know what happened with Pink Diamond Artistry because I did see positive reviews about him prior to booking. However in my experience this company is unreliable, unprofessional, and frankly, a fraud. Please, for your own sake, LOOK ELSEWHERE for your wedding day make-up and don't put yourself through what I went through.

• Wedding: 10/27/2012