Fabulous Weddings Shoestring Budgets

• Professionalism:  1.5
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.5

Anonymous 6 Reviews
I was very disappointed with Renita's services. She is unreliable (missed or cancelled appointment), unprofessional (would promise to do a task and would not do it or forget) and careless, a true amateur in this profession.

I found myself picking my own caterer, hiring a draping company on my own, doing my own research on limo companies and by the week of the wedding I found myself shopping and paying for all the decorations (and not getting them back the day after the wedding).

Thinking she may pull her weight the day of the wedding I expected her to be on top of everything, she was, about 50% of the time. She made my family members place the decorations on the pews, she made us sign our marriage certificate so quickly she did not even check that the date was correct (which it wasn't). We paid her 130 dollars for pillows she made and they were such poor quality that they literally unraveled the next day. Additionally, She took off her shoes during the reception and was drinking on the job. Due to this substandard representation of a wedding coordinator she forgot to place our wedding favors on each table. They were cupcakes tied with a pink ribbon, in total they cost us about 400 dollars, the price did not hurt but the fact that Renita forgot to place such a vital element of the wedding decor on the table is unforgivable. By the end of the night night someone from her staff stole 200 to 400 dollars of our wedding money, of course she and her employees deny this. To top it off she rushed us out of our own wedding and starting cleaning up and removing the decorations while my guests were still there.
Please beware of this company and of Renita Prince or Renita Tait. You will be disappointed with her work. To save money, ask a close friend or relative to help you plan your wedding. Allocate tasks for each of your bridesmaids if you have a big bridal party. Its not worth spending any money on such poor quality service.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
0.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  1.0

blessed 5 Reviews
Future Brides Beware Beware Beware! Renita Tait Prince or whatever she goes by is a fake wedding Planner I met with her last yr and I was excited to work with her based on a wonderful powerpoint presentation she showed us as to what she has done for other weddings ,I was sold she seemed very professional but as time went on I realized I paid this women about 2000 dollars for nothing she left everything to me, leg work etc I had to find vendors and do all the diy projects seating charts for the venue myself my family and friends were like why are you so stressed out if you have a wedding planner. Sadly I couldn't answer , I felt alone through the process and completely annoyed I found my own florist set up appts with dj's photographers she was a complete waste! She didnt return calls in a timely fashion. It was so disappointing because I had really trusted this person with the most important day in my life and had I left it to her it would have been a disaster. I did everything myself! The day of the wedding she didnt even want to hand out programs. My experience was awful with her the main thing she said was oh I DONT DO THAT! maybe you can get one of your bridesmaids! What do you do is the un answered question that will always remain for me??? Future Brides save yourself just go online and do your research you don't need to waste money on this service from Fabulous weddings shoestring budgets they are a crock! Beware of the lazy wedding planner! All she did at my wedding was sit in the corner with her husband and eat like they were on a date smh... oh yeah she asked us if we would like her to give out the tips for the vendors!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Renita was a pleasure to work with, she stayed on top of me when it came to budget and getting things completed, she came up with the concept of my wedding and and I went along with it and my guest are still talking about how beautiful my colors were and my wedding overall was. If i had to do it all over again i would use her and I do recomend her to any future brides out there.
Wedding: 09/01/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Fabulous Weddings Shoestring Budgets coordinated a wedding that was beyond my expect ions. I thank Renita Tait for planning the best day of my life! She is very creative, detail-oriented, professional and an absolute pleasure to work with. Renita is an artist and her passion is evident in her events. Our guests were so impressed by the Picasso theme and venue decor - all created from Renita's impression of us!

As the company name implies, Fabulous Weddings Shoestring Budgets provides solutions to make your wedding dreams come true affordably and tastefully. Renita and her staff take all the stress out of wedding planing by coordinating the event, matching you to the ideal vendor and keeping you on schedule every month. Additionally, the company creates invitations with coordinating stationary, floral arrangements and wedding cakes! I love Renita's work and I highly recommend her to any bride.
Wedding: 05/28/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5

Rohana 5 Reviews
It was all a blur to us, but we received overwhelmingly positive feedback concerning the decor, the venue, the timeliness, the food, and all the little touches and details that I rolled my eyes at but made ALL THE DIFFERENCE. Many people told me it was the best wedding they ever attended and our families were absolutely blown away.

We never wanted the "typical wedding." For this event, we sought to inject our personalities, express our tastes, and share our love for each other and our city and we achieved it with flying colors thanks to your attention to detail, plentiful options at all budget levels, quick response and systematic, professional approach.

Renita was able to make the process enjoyable and engaging. We would recommend her to ANYONE planning ANY event.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The ladies were very helpful and responded to all of my needs immediately. Elizabeth was on call and ready to tackle any problems that may have occurred. They were very professional.
Wedding: 04/29/2011
0.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.5
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0

KYM 1 Reviews
I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS VENDOR TO MY WORST ENEMY!!, RENITA , WAS MY WEDDING PLANNER,SHE HAD ME CALL MY VENDORS TO DO HER JOB AND MAKE SURE MY OTHER VENDORS COULD GO AND SET UP, I HIRED HER AND 10 WAITSTAFF MEMBERS, AND I SAW HER WAITSTAFF POURING MY LIQUOR INTO SODA BOTTLES AND TAKING IT OUT OF THE HALL ASWELL AS THE HALL OWNER SAW THEM TAKING MY LIQUOR, IN OTHER WORDS HER WAITSTAFF STOLE MY LIQUOR. THE DJ CALLED ME FOR MY FIRST DANCE WITH MY DAD AND HE WASNT THERE, HE WAS OUTSIDE, DO YOU THINK MY PLANNER RENITA WOULD HAVE WENT OUT TO LOOK FOR MY DAD NO, SHE DIDN'T SHE JUST STOOD THERE AT THE DOOR LOOKING AROUND I HAD TO LEAVE THE DANCE FLOOR AND GO LOOK FOR MY FATHER IN MY WEDDING DRESS DRAGGING ON THE GROUND WHILE SHE JUST STOOD THERE. MY WEDDING STARTED 2 1/2 HRS LATE IDK WHY AND FOIL WAS COVERING MY CANDY AND DESSERT TABLE WHEN MY GUEST ARRIVED WHY, SHE COULDN'T ANSWER. ALL MY OTHER VENDORS I HIRED NOT FROM HER, DID THERE JOB AND DID IT WELL. ALL MY WEDDIING SUPPLIES I HANDED OVER TO RENITA I DIDN'T GET ANY OF THEM BACK AT THE END OF THE NIGHT, MY LANTERNS, DINNER PLATTERS CAKE STAND ETC OVER $4,000. SHE PUT MY ASILE RUNNER ON THE WRONG WALK WAY SO I DIDNT WALK ON MY RUNNER MY BIDESMAIDES DID. I TOOK HER TO COURT BECAUSE WHAT HAPPEN TO ME SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN TO ANY BRIDE! I WANTED HER TO KNOW DON'T TAKE MONEY FROM PEOPLE AND NOT PROVIDE THE SERVICE. BY THE WAY I WON!!! HER AND HER CREW GOT AWAY WITH MOST OF MY WEDDING ITEMS BUT I HAD TO TAKE A STAND FOR THE BRIDES TO COME. IF YOU GO WITH HER MAKE SURE EVERY DETAIL IS IN THE CONTRACT DONT TAKE HER WORD FOR ANYTHING. HER CONTRACT DON'T HAVE HER WARMING FOOD SO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS THERE FOR LEGAL ISSUES!.. BEWARE AND SHOP SMART FROM VENDORS KNOWN, AND ON A BUDGET HER VENDORS OR NOT ON A BUGET I QUOTED CHEAPER VENDORS AND GOT MORE FOR THE MONEY, TO MANY THINGS WENT WRONG TO LIST BUT PLEASE BECAREFUL USING THIS VENDOR..FROM ONE BRIDE TO ANOTHER, THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE... SHE GOES BY THE NAME RENITA NOW.
Fabulous Weddings Shoestring Budgets responded with the following comments:
We went to court and settled doubtful claims and if anyone wishes to obtain the copy of the court judgment that accurately describes the courts outcome they can contact me directly.
Wedding: 04/23/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I would definitely recommend Renita to another bride-to-be. Renita was great not only because she helped us to plan a wedding on a budget but she was really helpful when Luke and I had super hectic schedules and were totally clueless about where to begin. When it came our wedding day, Renita was totally in charge. We worried about nothing. We only focused on the importance this day will have in the rest of our lives together.
Wedding: 08/01/2010
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5

Geshu 5 Reviews
I found Renita on Craigslist. Throughout our a year and half planning she was very professional. She was responsible for not only planning but decor, cake and graphics for save the date card and thank you cards.

She is very creative and has the ability to understand one's vision. There were some things that could have been done better or could have been approached differently but in the end the wedding turned out to be beautiful. She was able to bring our vision into life - which was one of the most important thing to us. My husband and I enjoyed working with Renita and would highly recommend her. Please feel free to reach me for detailed references.

Thanks, Renita. The wedding was amazing...everyone had a lot of fun and is still talking about how beautiful it was.
Wedding: 07/17/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Renita did an amazing job on helping us plan our wedding. She took our ideas to the next level and was able to execute all of the little details we planned. I have gotten a lot of compliments on how everything came out and I am very happy with her services. She has a lot of ideas on how you can save money on your event without giving up on style, which was great because it allowed us to incorporate a lot of the ideas that we had that we thought we were not going to be able to afford. Getting married in NYC can be very expensive but it does not need to break the bank!!
Wedding: 06/20/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Renita is truly a blessing, a talented professional with a genuine passion for the industry. Her talent, creativity and ability to think outside the box is awe-inspiring! She is a heaven-sent for "budget" brides who understand priorities and planning for their futures! She successfully proves that you don't need to enter your marriage in debt or sacrifice your future children's college educations to have a FABULOUS wedding!
Wedding: 02/13/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Renita is a fun and patient wedding planner- she takes great joy in her work which is exactly what overwhelmed brides need. I am very pleased on my selection for Renita's services. On an affordable budget, she was able to organize my ceremony/reception the day-of. My only regret is that I did not hire her from the beginning of my wedding plans as I would've avoided some common mistakes.
Wedding: 01/16/2010
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
Renita's overall floral arrangements were wonderful. Her work was impeccable and arrangements were multi- functional; used for ceremony and table settings.

Contract is very important to vendor, so make sure all of your requests are written in the document.
Wedding: 08/02/2009