Brooklyn, NY 11238 Map · Phone number
Package Price $500
Availability Check your date

About Jen Neal Studio Events

My name is Jen. This is my story.

With 16 years working in the non-profit world as an event planner, the stars aligned when my husband proposed. With the opportunity to have all of the people we loved in one space for just one night, I wanted to create an event that would feel like "us" from beginning to end. Little did I know that in process of planning and styling my own handmade wedding I would find one of the most creatively rewarding experiences of my life.

I have nearly two decades of detailed planning experience, an art school background and a passion for all things crafty. I want to help other couples to create an event that reflects their favorite things in life. To create a moment that truly reflects who they are and sets the backdrop for a celebration of pure fun!

A wedding I coordinated was featured in Green Wedding Shoes recently and the bride said:

"Hire a day-of planner. We did the rest of the wedding planning ourselves, and it was NOT easy. However, we were working in a budget and we made everything work the way it had to. A lot of friends told me to at the least hire a day-of planner so that on the day we could relax, which we did. Honestly, the whole day is such a blur that I don’t even know how the wedding would have happened without her. I didn’t actively have to think about anything that was happening on the day, and she would come over and give us a tap on the shoulder whenever we needed to be elsewhere."

Check out the full blog post and beautiful couple here: https://greenweddingshoes.com/modern-industrial-diy-wedding-at-greenpoint-loft-in-brooklyn/ and view more photos of the work I did to set up the space and keep the couple smiling throughout the night here : https://uniquelapin.com/blog/2017/7/13/brooklyn-wedding-photographer-modern-wedding-at-greenpoint-loft

"Day of” Styling:
“Day of Styling” is for the couple who already have their decor selected and don’t want to be running around hanging decorations on their big day. Jen will meet with you in advance to go over the layout of the space. This option includes full set up and removal of decor that you provide.

"Day of" Coordination:

I will be your "go-to" person on the day of your wedding to ensure that the day goes smoothly. Before your event I will meet with you to go over the layout of the space and create a timeline for the day. On the day of your wedding I can arrive at the venue before the reception takes place to ensure deliveries and vendors arrive on time, help you and your family practice the ceremony, set up any personal items and décor you'd like, coordinate the ceremony and stay with you throughout the night to ensure dances, toasts and special requests take place as planned.

One of the most valuable things that I offer in this role - is the ability for couples not to have to get drawn in to any "day of the wedding mini-dramas" (for ex, at a recent wedding where I was acting as the Day of Coordinator, the rental company forgot to deliver plates for dessert, and without troubling the bride and groom I ran around the city in my heels and dress at 8pm to find appropriate plates to serve the cake on - without bothering the couple to stress them out.) I also literally put out a fire one time when the mother of the bride dropped her napkin on a candle. If you want someone to have your back throughout the day and be on hand to make sure you can relax - I'm your girl.

A small sampling of the venues I've worked with in NYC:

• The Alger House
  • Bat haus (Bushwick)
  • The Bell House
  • The Box House Hotel
  • Brooklyn Bridge Park (Ceremony)
  • Brooklyn Society for Ethical Culture
  • Martha Clara Vineyard, North Fork
  • Metropolitan Building
  • One Hotel, Brooklyn Bridge
  • The Onderdonk House
  • The Picnic House (Prospect Park)
  • Shi, Long Island City

Jen Neal Studio Events 6
  • christiana

christiana · Married on 06/01/2019

Cannot recommend more

We could not have been happier with Jen. I would give a thousand stars. She met with me a couple times prior and truly took time to get to know what our needs were. She is organized, funky, bubbly and conscientious. Also she was prompt, goes above and beyond, kind and so fun. She got us and our style and made sure that we were able to enjoy our day fully. We could not have been happier. HIGHLY recommend.

love love love
    christiana and max

Sent on 07/01/2019

Robin · Married on 05/25/2019

Jen was the MVP of our wedding

We are so glad that we had Jen as our day-of coordinator. There were several delivery issues that I had no idea about because she quickly and efficiently dealt with them, made sure our guests were taken care of, and let me enjoy my day. Jen also gave very helpful advice in planning the layout of the venue during our walk-through two weeks before the wedding. We can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • LL

Ladylette · Married on 04/06/2019

So Grateful

As a bride-on-a-budget, I hired 15+ vendors while my (now) husband did the DIY decor. The one thing we knew we couldn’t do was to coordinate the wedding on the day of and decided we needed professional help. I hired Jen based on the great reviews from different wedding sites and had a great gut feeling about her. We communicated over email and her response rate is amazing. Jen answered all of my questions however silly or anxious or super-stressed-sounding they may be. She kept me organized and helped streamline the “day of” timeline. She contacted some of the vendors that hadn’t confirmed delivery or arrival time the week of the wedding. And on the big day, she took care of payments, tipping, corralling our families for photos, kept us on schedule, helped us cut the cake because somehow we didn’t know how, fixed my bustle!! (yes, she can sew too!) and helped gather our personal things for next day pick up. We were able to enjoy our wedding and soak everything in. Thanks to Jen, our special day was stress-free, and even the day after too!

Sent on 05/26/2019
    Jen Neal Studio Events 7

Jen Neal Studio Events's reply:

Thank you so much Ladylette! I am so happy we worked together - your wedding was so much fun! I am still in awe of you both as a couple, and of your family's dance moves. Thanks for letting me play a part in your day!

Jen Neal Studio Events FAQ