Weddings by the Sea Cape May Reviews

27 | Cape May, NJ

27 Reviews for Weddings by the Sea Cape May

MaryGrace · Married on 08/02/2015

Our experience was effortless and stress free! Catherine was extremely helpful and accommodating. When I first contacted her about renting chairs, an arbor, and a table for a sand ceremony she was quick to get back to me and answered all my questions. Once I spoke to he,r she sent out a contract and we were in business! A month later our number of guests changed and she was quick to help us in getting more chairs. As the weeks went by I had questions about where the chairs would be placed on the beach and she immediately got back to me and put my worries at ease. She had it all figured out! The day of the wedding everything was perfect! The chairs were arranged wonderfully, the arbor was beautiful and the location they set it at was breathtaking! I would highly recommend them! Thank you so much for all you did for us :)

Marie · Married on 06/20/2015

Catherine was a part of our wedding day, both figuratively and literally. You could say we were lucky to have everything work out so well and to fall into place but with Catherine in charge, we had nothing to worry about - she even had a contingency plan in case the weather was not the beautiful sunny day on the beach that it was.

For us, this was a destination wedding. Neither of us live in NJ. Catherine met with us well in advance to understand our unique interests and needs. She patiently and thoroughly helped us set expectations, connect us with local vendors that matched our style and interests, and generally took all the stress away. Catherine was right on the mark with everything: Wedding site, reception venue, DJ, baker, photographer, officiates, florist, etc. When we explained that we preferred not to have children at our reception, she connected us with a professional baby-sitting service. My wife and I nicknamed her "Cape May Catherine" because she knew about everything and everyone in Cape May, from the clerk at city hall to every vendor. When we had a problem, a call or email to Catherine took care of it.

On our wedding day, Catherine ensured that everything was set up and took place as we expected. For example, she "herded the cats" (AKA wedding guests) to the wedding site in a respectful but firm manner, so we knew the wedding would start on time with everyone present. She took care of minor things so there were no major things to worry about.

Thank you, Catherine, for a wonderful wedding!

Nicole · Married on 08/23/2014

Catherine was great! She made planning an out of town wedding enjoyable and memorable. I was not one of those brides who was dreading the planning process but having a local who is well versed in weddings was worth it's weight in gold. We sometimes had different taste levels for arbor styles etc but she was willing to do whatever I could imagine. She also put together my wedding favors and did a great job! She is a seasoned pro and she is very reasonable in pricing. Don't hesitate!!

Anne · Married on 05/03/2014

Catherine Walton was the wedding coordinator for my daughter's wedding this weekend, and she is fabulous! Catherine made sure that my daughter's special day was everything that she had every hoped for and dreamed of, and then more. All of her suggestions and her vendors are absolutely top-notch and reasonably priced, too. Thank you, Catherine! Beautiful!

• F

Frances · Married on 09/06/2013

Catherine --- AWESOME!! Very attentive to my ever-changing needs, a wonderful resource for things I did not know, and the beach wedding site... in one word... BREATHTAKING... All of what Catherine did made for a PERFECT Wedding Experience!! LOVED IT!!! Thank you Catherine. I think we set a trend among our circle of friends. Many people thought we were in the Carribbean, but how cool it is to have such a LOVELY beach wedding right in NJ!!!

Bought items for the ceremony and reception. Also bought headpiece and jewelry. Great selection. Great service. Great prices.

Christopher · Married on 11/04/2012

Catherine was great. Our wedding was moved back because of Hurricane Sandy, but she put everything together for the next weekend.

• I

Ila · Married on 09/22/2012

I don't know where to begin praising Catherine, so I'll start with a comment I heard from numerous people a few days before the wedding. "I can't believe your wedding is so close, you seem so calm and relaxed." To which I would respond, "That's because of Catherine, she's taking care of all the worry and stress!" And that held true to the very last minute! Catherine's recommendations for everything (reception location, hair dresser, engagement photographer, etc) were spot-on! She is extremely responsive to inquiries and isn't rattled by last minute changes. She tailors her service to your needs and keeps you on track with every little detail. Make sure you get her for the day of service - you'll be completely relaxed and able able to enjoy every minute of your special day.

• Kristen

Kristen · Married on 09/15/2012

Christopher and I got married in cape may on September 15th 2012. Our wedding was amazing! Everything I dreamed of. I live about 3 hours away so i was in great need of a wedding planner. I was told by many locals that i should hire Catherine to do my wedding. Best decision I ever made! Absolutely love her! She was fantastic. She put together a great team of people to make my day unforgettable. From my florist, my DJ, my baker, my photographer, my videographer and of course Reverend Jim, everyone was perfect! If i had an idea or an image in my head all i had to do was tell Catherine and she would bring it to life. It was so easy to communicate with her and I was 100% calm and confident in her from the moment we started the planning up to my big day. If there was anything that needed to be done, phone calls to be made, emails to respond to or anything else that needed my attention Catherine took care of it. I honestly didn't have a worry in the world. She is not only great in what she does but she's also very personable as well. I'm honored to consider her a friend now. I would recommend her to ANYONE and EVERYONE!

MaryBeth and Joe · Married on 07/22/2012

Extremely professional, kind, and efficient. The chairs for our wedding were set up perfectly on the beach.

Jean · Married on 06/28/2012

Paul and I had 5 months to plan our beach wedding in Cape May and none of it would have been possible without the help, guidance, and knowledge of Catherine, proprietor of Weddings By the Sea! Since we were unable to visit Cape May until the week of our wedding, Catherine arranged the ceremony site, rentals, the reception site, the photographer, violinist, officiant, florist, and pastry chef. Everything we did was planned via texts and e-mails and the result could not have been more perfect. Thank you to WBTS for making our special day a huge success!

• Jill

Jill · Married on 06/16/2012

Thank you so much Catherine for everything! You helped make everything go so smoothly! Anything you need Catherine is there to help!

Kimberley · Married on 05/19/2012

Weddings by the Sea was instrumental in helping my husband and I plan the wedding of our dreams! Catherine made it possible for us to secure the best vendors for our "wedding vision", helped us to keep within our budget - all while taking the monumental stress of planning a wedding off our shoulders. We live in Northern NJ, so planning our wedding in Cape May would have been next to impossible without Catherine's guidance. Our wedding was an amazing, happy day for us - and we have both said on occasion that hiring Catherine was one of the best wedding investments we made.

Lauren · Married on 10/01/2011

Without Weddings by the Sea, my husband and I would not have had the most wonderful wedding possible. WBTS took away all of the stress for us and we had the best day of our lives!
    Thank you!!!! 10-01-2011

Paul · Married on 08/20/2011

I started working with Catherine Walton in February of this year to plan a surprise vow renewal ceremony. My wife and I were getting ready to celebrate our 40th anniversary and I thought it would be a neat idea to have a surprise vow renewal ceremony on the beach with 50 our closest friends and relatives. I had no idea of all of the moving parts that had to be accomplished. Catherine not only made sure that everything got done but managed to keep me from going off the deep end. She was wonderful! The ceremony and the surprise came off beautifully and it was one of the most memorable days of my life.

Joseph · Married on 07/23/2011

We wanted a beautiful wedding in Cape May, and wanted to save some money and plan it ourselves. After one phone call, we quickly realized that while living in Maryland, making all appropriate arrangements 4 hours away would have been difficult. We remembered passing by a pink cottage in Cape May, Weddings by the Sea...we called, and never looked back!

Catherine was so helpful, we literally felt zero stress about the wedding - the only thing we needed to do was pick our outfits, the music, and pack the car! WBTSea helped us arrange to apply for, and obtain our marriage license, the location (we chose the Harborview Pavillion...it was quiet, peaceful, and beautiful), a wonderful violinist, and the best Reverend in the world.

Being on a tight budget, we do not feel like we overpaid for anything. Other than the fact that we got married on the hottest day of the year, we could not have asked for a better planned wedding...I could have lived in those moments my whole life.

Catherine not only helped us plan our wedding, she became a friend to us. We plan to visit her when we return to Cape May. She knows her stuff, and will not steer you in the wrong direction!

Thanks again, Wedding by the Sea! Thanks for everything!

-Joe & Suzanne
    -Maryland

andy · Married on 05/21/2011

Catherine was awesome! Took care of everything we needed and we had the most awesome wedding on the beach! A day we will never forget. Thanks Catherine! Dont know how we would have done it without you !
    Andy & Barbie Bell

Deb · Married on 09/18/2010

After deciding to get married in Cape May, we knew we would need all the guidance we could get. Weddings by the Sea was the perfect choice for us. They provided us with many options of their services and took the time to explain every step of the process. I knew that not one detail would be overlooked and I was completely relaxed the day of the wedding. I didn't have to worry about anything! I owe this all to Catherine at Weddings by the Sea. Her abundance of knowledge and attention to detail were impeccable. She has such a caring personality. Even though our wedding has come and gone, we will always consider her our Cape May friend.

Barbara · Married on 04/25/2010

We worked with Cathering for our 40th anniversary vow renewal ceremony. From setting up meetings for the restaurant for the luncheon, to the cake, the officiant for the ceremony and invitations, she was extremely helpful and mindful of our budget. She is very respected with all the vendors we worked with and went above an beyond to locate a bag piper that I requested to surprise my husband. She was there at the beach to set up, make sure that the ceremony went smoothly and take care of any details that I needed and I did not have to worry about. I felt very comfortable with her and did not feel that we were only a face but a friend. We would highly recommend her for your ceremony and all your other needs. Her network of venders are wonderful to work with. Thank you again, Catherine for making this event even more special for us.

David & Yari · Married on 08/07/2009

Weddings by the Sea understood what we were looking. Took the stress out of trying to find the right vendors for the right price. All the vendors were of good quality. There is no better palce to get Married than on the Cape May Beach and Weddings by the Sea helped me accomplish that........Thank You,
    Mr. and Mrs. Holman.

Since the wedding was on the beach, I had no idea what to expect. But Catherine did a fantastic job coordinating the vendors with an itinerary of the ceremony before the wedding. She also had everyone and everything organized at the rehearsal and before and during the wedding.--what a relief for a first time mother of the bride!

Michael · Married on 07/02/2011

Katherine was a great help through the whole process. She kept us to our deadlines the months before hand and the day of. As out of towners we needed a witness in NJ to get our marraige license, she was there bright eyed and bushy tailed Monday morning to help us. We left our ring bearer pillow at home and she ran out to find us one for our ceremony 2 hours a head of time. Katherine was a huge help and had a lot of good contacts.

Aimee · Married on 04/25/2009

Weddings by the Sea/Catherine, was extremely helpful and made planning my wedding easy, fun, and stress-less. I would and have recommended her to engaged couples and friends who are thinking of getting married in Cape May area. Her services and knowledge about everything that has to do with a wedding in Cape May is above top-notch.

Melissa · Married on 09/24/2011

All the vendors recommended were amazing and nice to work with. Catherine is very good with emails which is important when you are three hours away from your wedding location.

Laureen · Married on 06/25/2011

They set it all up and took it all away pretty quickly. The set up looked nice. However, in the event of bad weather, there was a no refund policy.

Sent on 07/07/2011

Weddings by the Sea Cape May's reply:

WbtSea does indeed contractually guarantee delivery and set-up of all rental equipment to a suitable indoor or protected area (reception site) in case of inclement weather. In this particular case if the weather had not cooperated (a totally random and uncontrollable occurrance) your ceremony would have been set-up in the lobby/parlor or porch of Union Park Restaurant. If hypothetically WbtSea agreed to refund unconditionally 24 hours ahead of time at the sole discretion of the renter, the beach wedding that you planned would have been totally void of any organized seating or decor on the beach or at the alternate site. There is indeed a clearly stated refund policy which the renter initials and agrees to follow. We cannot control the weather but we must schedule numerous beach ceremony rentals on any given day and provide quality as well as flexible service to all of our customers. You had a beautiful day for your wedding on the beach in Cape May and you received excellent beach cermeony rental service. I do not understand what you are complaining about.