Unique Bakery Reviews

65 | Fairfax, VA

65 Reviews for Unique Bakery

1 User photo

John · Married on 12/21/2014

Unique Bakery did an amazing job creating the exact cake we were looking for at a reasonable price! He sat down with us and allowed us to design the cake using our own ideas and pictures from his previous cakes. He was very knowledgeable and helped explain how many people the different cake sizes would feed. Not only that, but his cake was delicious! He offered many different options for flavors and fillings and even the option to make the cake itself more or less sweet. We received nothing but compliments from our guests and would recommend him to anyone looking for a great wedding cake!

Sent on 12/28/2014

Ginny · Married on 06/29/2014

I contacted the Unique Bakery in a last minute, desperate attempt to find an affordable wedding cake 6 DAYS before my wedding! I sent in an email and within a couple of hours, the owner was calling me to let me know that they could do it! They were extremely flexible in their hours and the price for a 3 tiered cake was unbelievable! They delivered the cake and the presentation was stunning. The cake was moist and I got many compliments from our guests! I would 100% reccommend this bakery!

Sent on 07/07/2014
  • User3651920 · 2+ years ago

Unique Bakery has absolutely delicious cake for a phenomenal price. We selected an orange flavor cake with a raspberry filling and buttercream frosting. It was the perfect fruity light cake for a May wedding. We also got a very simple frosting design on the cake and put fresh flowers on it for decoration.
    If you want a complicated fondant design cake and want to pay the high cost, then Unique is not the bakery for you. However, if you want a delicious buttercream designed cake for a reasonable price, this place is perfect!

Sent on 01/14/2015

Patricia · Married on 04/12/2014

The Unique Bakery is amazing!!!!! We made an appointment for cake tasting thinking we wanted a cannoli wedding cake but after tasting one of our other options we had the magical "That's the one!" moment. David (sp) might seem low-key at first but once you realize he knows exactly what he is doing; he puts you right at ease. The Unique Bakery makes so many wedding cakes they have it down to a science. You can make any changes up to a week prior to your event with no hassles whatsoever. The cakes are never frozen so no worries about being able to cut it on your wedding day. The cake can be delivered for a very reasonable fee and decorated on site (if you have fresh flowers). Our cake was delicious, extremely fresh and perfect for a spring wedding. We can't wait for our anniversary to enjoy that top layer!!!!

Sent on 09/03/2014

We ordered a lemon cake with butter cream frosting for our brunch wedding, and it was a huge hit. Our guests were so full from the brunch but everyone still ate the cake. It was THAT good. The price was right too!

Sent on 04/01/2014

Raquel · Married on 03/07/2014

All brides expect their wedding to be perfect and mine wasn't any different. I just loved everything! I was very concerned about finding a place to make my wedding cake. After some researches I read good reviews about the Unique Bakery and I decided to give it s shot. I went to the place, saw all those cakes and cookies and got stunned! The staff and the owner are very friendly and flexible. I just loved my wedding cake and it was so tasty! All my guests were happy and satisfied! The good plus is the price: we paid very low for a high service and product . I highly recommend!

Sent on 04/26/2014

Ginny · Married on 01/25/2014

I loved my wedding cake created by unique bakery! My four tier cake had an intricate design including a beautiful cascade of roses. It was yellow cake with raspberry jam filling and buttercream icing. Everyone loved it! It was very affordable, approximately $550 including taxes and delivery fee. I highly recommend this bakery.

Sent on 01/31/2014

Rabia · Married on 08/16/2013

All I can say is that Daoud is amazing amazing amazing! The best cake I have ever tasted and all articulated so beautifully! My husband and I chose a 4-tiered cake and wanted each layer to be different flavors. Daoud met all of our needs and we left the bakery happy. The cake looked beautiful on our wedding day and we could not be happier!

Sent on 12/09/2013

Nadia · Married on 06/30/2013

There is only one word to describe our wedding cake, DELICIOUS! Davoud was charming and ensured that our cake was better than we could have ever expected. We were blown away by the amazing price we were quoted for our complicated cake. The cake tasted even better on the day of our wedding than it did at our tasting, which we did not think was possible. Our wedding was the first wedding we have been to where every piece of cake was eaten by the guests. We definitely recommend Unique bakery to anybody looking for a absolutely delicious cake for an amazing price!

Sent on 07/30/2013

My hubby and I had long ago decided to divide and conquer our wedding. The cake was one of his territories to master and outside of a tasting, he had no help from me. This review is more from a third party so take that into consideration...but from what I know about Unique Bakery, everything was fantastic. The cake was absolutely fantastic!!! It arrived on time to our event, it was beautiful, and it was delicious. My hubs had to change the design three times and it was never a problem. The cost was VERY reasonable compared to some other bakeries that we'd visited and the taste was by far the best! What more could you ask for?

Sent on 04/24/2013

Elai · Married on 12/21/2012

I'm not a fan of wedding cakes, I always find it to be very sweet. But my gosh, Dawud did an amazing job on our wedding cake!!! It was just perfect. We chose custard with mixed fruit. my husband and I could NOT wait one year to eat the top cake. It was gone in one day :)

I highly recommend Unique Bakery to all my future brides out there :)

Sent on 01/17/2013

Rebecca · Married on 10/05/2012

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious! We had worked with David because we wanted lemon flavor cake with a fruity filling. We ended up ordering a lemon cake with raspberry filling as well as red velvet with cream cheese frosting. AMAZING! I had so many compliments on how good the cake was.

Can't wait to dig back into it a year from now! YUM!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Charlotte · Married on 08/25/2012

The Bride & Groom loved the cake! It was beautiful and delicious! Unique Bakery is a great value. Thanks for making the wedding day special.

Sent on 08/28/2012

Victoria · Married on 08/18/2012

David was a very friendly and easy person to worked with! He gave us a very good price, great quality and successfully copied the picture of my dream cake!!! It also tasted delicious and looked great!!! Thank you a lot!!!!

Sent on 09/22/2012

Nicole · Married on 08/03/2012

Being from Long Island, NY I was looking for a bakery with a "mom and pop" feel, as opposed to a fondant covered cake factory charging $7 a slice. Unique Bakery provided exactly what I was looking for. Delicious cake with literally hundreds of design options, or you can create a new one entirely. We had a complimentary tasting and picked a few designs we liked about 4 months before our wedding day, then returned for final decision about 2 weeks before. My cake was delivered from Fairfax, VA to Baltimore, MD for a small delivery fee compared to those that were even closer to the Baltimore area! The cake was gorgeous (white buttercream, with pearl like dots, with navy blue ribbon dividing the tiers), and of course yummy. Will work with Unique Bakery again in the future!

Sent on 08/12/2012

Bridget · Married on 07/21/2012

When looking for a wedding cake you really can go crazy and spend a ton of money. When my fiance and I were checking out different local bakery's we stumbled upon this one that was cheaper then the rest out there so we were skeptical. However, once we did the taste test we were convinced that this was the place for us.

We were able to get an online price quote before we even went into the bakery. Then we called ahead 3 days before our tasting and they had our flavor combinations ready for us, and they were delicious.

The bakery also has a large online gallery of different cakes you can use to base the design of your cake. Great undiscovered bakery.

Sent on 09/24/2012

Lindsey · Married on 04/14/2012

Unique bakery was wonderful to work with for our wedding day! They provided us a free tasting and honored the prices on their website, despite them being wrong (they went up a little). We couldn't beat the delivery fee of $25 either! I originally ordered a four tier cake, and a couple weeks before the wedding changed it to a three tier cake - this was not a problem or obstacle! A warning though - I was not super impressed with the tasting - it was dryed out cake - however on our wedding day the cake was super moist and delicious! So be aware the tasting might not be the best around but the prices hooked me and I'm so glad they did because the actual wedding cake was to die for! I can't wait for our one year anniversary so I can eat the top :)

Sent on 06/07/2012

Shereen · Married on 11/19/2011

Very happy! They couldn't do fondant, but they made my cake look beautiful!

Sent on 08/16/2012

May · Married on 08/05/2011

Unique Bakery provided us with a beautiful cake that everyone enjoyed. Some guests told us it was the best wedding cake they ever had. Unique Bakery did a great job; the cake was superb and you can't beat the price anywhere.

Thank you, Unique Bakery!

Sent on 08/28/2011

Hillaree · Married on 07/30/2011

We had the honor of orderng our wedding cake from unique Bakery. The cake was beyond great. We appreciated all the input and recommendations that we received during our tasting and were very pleased with the end result. We had a few other tasting and none compared to the level of professionalism showed to us at the Unique Bakery. We were able to enjoy 4 flavors and everyone was pleased. Now that we are getting ready for a baby shower i have requested that my cake only come from Unique Bakery!!!!!

Sent on 02/17/2012

Meghan · Married on 07/02/2011

Mr. Behnam is the sweetest, kindest man I have ever met. I went for a tasting of his cakes for free. You can just call and set up a time- he is very accommodating. He also has many books to look through. Don't let the size of the bakery deceive you! He is an artist who knows what he is doing! He worked with me to design the perfect cake in looks and taste. So many compliments! I would give him 10 stars if I could.

Sent on 07/26/2011

Lisa · Married on 05/02/2011

David at Unique Bakery did my wedding cake. He's very patient and has special recipe for his cake. Everyone at my wedding loved his cake!! His price is also very reasonable. Highly recommended.Great prices- outstanding service.

Sent on 08/16/2011

Lauren · Married on 04/23/2011

David did a wonderful job! Our cake was so beautiful and tasted DELICIOUS! We had two different flavors, white cake with fresh strawberry filling and two tiers of chocolate cake with chocolate filling. Both were so moist! Guests complimented the beauty as well as taste. He decorated the cake exactly as I pictured and it was delivered on time. His prices are also great! I paid half the price that I would have at other bakeries closer to my venue. Definitely recommend Unique Bakery!

Sent on 05/20/2011
  • MrandMrsThayer

Kellie · Married on 09/25/2010

Our Wedding cake was absolutely gorgeous!! The owner was wonderful and he works closely with a florist right next to his bakery and it was so easy and did I mention so much cheaper then anybody else. Everybody was quoting us $650 or more and I almost gave up, but I found him and went in and had a tasting with no pressure and fell in love with these flavors. Our wedding cake was only $300 WITH delivery AND our venue was 30-40 minutes away from the bakery. Family owned bakery and definitely there cakes are made from scratch, I have never tasted something so good!! The cake was delivered on time, heard no problems and the cake was decorated beautifully!!

Sent on 10/08/2010

Meghan · Married on 09/05/2010

David provided us with the most beautiful cake at a cost that couldn't be beat, especially in this area. Not only that but it was delicious and the guests raved! I went in a few times to figure out what I wanted and he was always very helpful. We also had him deliver cookies for our sweets table and they were delicious! I would highly recommend David to any bride on a budget (or not!) looking for a delicious and beautiful cake!

Sent on 09/06/2010