Unique Bakery Reviews

62 | Fairfax, VA

62 Reviews for Unique Bakery

62 Unique Bakery Reviews

Cameron · Married on 09/16/2018

Everything turned out amazing with our cake from Unique Bakery! David (owner) was very helpful during the tasting and with our cake design and we couldn't have been happier. David came and setup the cake for us at the venue with flowers from our florist and everything looked stunning. Thank you so much David, our strawberry shortcake was amazing!

Raghad · Married on 08/26/2018

Our wedding cake was absolutely delicious!! We chose a variety of kinds and David made it possible. He’s also so sweet and kind to work with. Would 100% recommend. Lots of People were telling me how much they loved the cake! Great value too! He also did my bridal shower cake and it was beautiful and yummy!

Unique Bakery 1

Abby · Married on 06/23/2018

Everybody loved the cake at our wedding and it looked beautiful! We got a few different flavors: hazelnut with chocolate mousse, lemon with buttercream, and german chocolate. I know that many people went up for seconds and even though we got more cake than necessary, the entire cake was gone by the end of the night!

Narges · Married on 04/28/2018

My wedding cake was very delicious. I didn’t want a super sweet cake and I let him know that. He made it perfectly and added some red roses on top to go with my theme. Would highly recommend.

Rana · Married on 12/17/2017

This was the tastiest wedding cake I have ever eaten. It was also very beautiful, elegant, and affordable. We are very pleased with the quality and service. Thank you very much.

• Katie

Katie · Married on 08/12/2017

Everyone LOVED the cake! Unique Bakery did a wonderful job throughout the entire process. The owner was very responsiveness and made the entire process incredibly easy. When we went for our tasting, he had the cakes ready for us to try and then left us to try them without hovering, which made it seem much less intimidating. We loved how easy going he was. The cake was set up beautifully at the wedding and tasted wonderful - all of the guests were raving. We would highly recommend Unique Bakery! It was also a great value for the area and the quality of the cake.

Fran · Married on 02/17/2017

You must schedule a tasting with this bakery. The owner/baker knows his business and bakes a wonderful tasting cake.
    From the moment of scheduling a tasting to the delivery of the cake on wedding day, everything was to our specifications. Our guest raved about the cake flavor and filling. We chose two flavors for a three tier cake, vanilla almond and strawberry filling and the center tier was Black Forest and cherry filling. I've returned several times for other special occasion cakes and cream-filled cupcakes. These cakes will not disappoint you or your guests. Highly recommend this bakery.

Tanya · Married on 11/19/2016

We are still searching for a negative comment from our guests about the cake!

Amazing flavor and extra extra fresh.

This was honestly the most easiest decision and least "to-do's" things for our wedding.

Victoria · Married on 09/05/2016

Absolutely delicious cake and so affordable! We went to about 3 tastings in the area and we were disappointed with all of them of how dry they are. Unique Bakery was recommended to us by someone who had their wedding cake from there and we had to try it. Their cake is so delicious and the owner was a pleasure to work with.

For the price and how delicious the cake is, you can't beat it!

Amanda · Married on 09/04/2016

My cake was absolutely gorgeous and TOTALLY DELICIOUS. The owner is a very sweet and kind man. He allowed me to bring all my own decorations, at a discount. He always offered me sweets and coffee everytime I checked in with him.

EVERYONE at my wedding loved my cake. He decorated it perfectly with the supplies I gave him. And we got so many compliments on how delicious it was.

We had the lemon cake with orange filling and the chocolate cake with raspberry fillings, and both were huge hits.

Shameen · Married on 08/05/2016

Great tasting cake. We throughly enjoyed it .

I am so glad I found Unique Bakery and used it for my wedding. Our cake was amazing and our guests could not stop eating cake. They loved both the Amaretto and Chocolate flavors. We got a cake for 130 people including delivery for a very reasonable price. I never felt like he was trying to overprice or take advantage of us. His cakes are made fresh and he is so flexible to work with on the design. I brought him ribbon leading up to the wedding and left him fake flowers from Michael's and a topper on the day of. The cake looked beautiful and he put it together perfectly. Thank you so much for being so kind and professional. Can't wait to order our anniversary cake within a year! I will definitely be using Unique Bakery for all my future cake purchases. Thank you sir you are truly a gem!

Valerie · Married on 04/16/2016

We had our 25th Anniversary cake made here. It was beautiful and so delicious! We will definitely return for future celebrations. I highly recommend this bakery. They are awesome!

We used Unique Bakery for my daughter's wedding. Unique Bakery was the easiest vendor that we dealt with. The owner/baker told us not to worry, that the cake would be fantastic and it truly was. It was moist, very tasty, and absolutely gorgeous. We also had baklava served at the wedding and his baklavas are crispy and sweet, just perfect.

• User6201934 · 2+ years ago

Wow! Davaud was amazing to work with. He answered all of my questions and told me not to worry - he gave me his word that he would make my daughter's wedding cake and it would be there. The guests couldn't stop talking about how DELICIOUS the cake was - we heard over and over that it was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted! I would highly recommend Davaud and Unique Bakery for any of your baking needs! It was a wonderful experience.

Tony · Married on 12/06/2015

We had called three different bakeries and had one cake tasting prior to meeting the owner of Unique Bakery, Davaud. The one cake tasting we had done at another bakery was tasteless and dry. We wanted real fruit filling and wanted the cake to be like it was made in Heaven. Time was running out and two weeks before our wedding we still did not have a cake! We were so stressed out!! Well, we found Unique Bakery, and from the moment we walked into the door, we were greeted with a smile, and warmth. He told us " Don't worry, I will take care of everything for you." We came by for the cake tasting about four days later and WOW!!!! He knocked our socks off! We were so happy, and the price was so affordable and saying that the cake tasted AMAZING in an understatement. Thank you to Unique Bakery and Davaud for making things easy for us. He delivered our cake to the venue and set it up for us. It was beautiful!! Our guests are still talking about how delicious the cake was! We have had Davaud make another smaller version of our cake just for us to eat because it was the best cake we have ever tasted. Please take the stress out of your life and let Unique Bakery make your wedding cake or special occasion cake for you!! Thanks again Davaud!!

Lara · Married on 09/19/2015

I reached out to several bakeries before receiving a very reasonable quote from Unique Bakery. We selected three different cakes to try and my mom and I went in for a tasting, everything was delicious! We were very impressed with all the flavors we tried and happily booked. The cake was delivered to our venue on time and looked great, it was exactly as we had requested and we got many compliments on how tasty it was. We are so happy we selected Unique Bakery for our wedding cake!

Virginia · Married on 08/14/2015

I used Unique for my wedding cake and it was seriously the best cake I've ever had. The cake was beautiful and exactly what I wanted. The owner even surprised me with a three tier cake after I called and said more people were coming to my wedding. That moved my heart that he did that for me! The cost of the cake was a great price compared to other bakeries and was more than worth the cost. I highly suggest using Unique Bakery for weddings or any occasion. Thank you so much Unique!

Delicious cake! Everyone raved about it! Affordable and classic looking - just what we were hoping for. Thank you!!!

Mina · Married on 07/03/2015

working with this vendor was easy. They were professional and answered all my questions. The cake was very tasty and lots of options to select from. I would def recommend using them.

Faith · Married on 06/11/2015

Our cake was amazing. He had so many flavors to choose from. We went with lemon cake with raspberry jam and buttercream frosting. He doesn't use nasty fondant and after one taste of his cake you're going to be sold. He took care of everything. All we had to do was pick the design, flavor and drop off the decorations and everything else was taken care of. We had no problems and it was one of the easiest part of our wedding planning process. Use this bakery if you want the most pain free wedding cake planning.

Chrissy · Married on 04/04/2015

Our cake was delicious. We were working with him from out of town and he was so laid back about letting us pick our cake flavour and style only a week before the wedding. Then at the wedding he surprised us with an extra tier to our cake. The cake was exactly as we envisioned it and we were so pleased. We went with two different flavours for the cake and both were divine. He delivered a delicious cake punctually and made our day by giving us a little extra so we could take some home. Great value and flavour! I would also strongly recommend his baklava!

fatima · Married on 02/22/2015

Omg!!! The cake was aaaaamazing!!!! Service was perfect. On point services

John · Married on 12/21/2014

Unique Bakery did an amazing job creating the exact cake we were looking for at a reasonable price! He sat down with us and allowed us to design the cake using our own ideas and pictures from his previous cakes. He was very knowledgeable and helped explain how many people the different cake sizes would feed. Not only that, but his cake was delicious! He offered many different options for flavors and fillings and even the option to make the cake itself more or less sweet. We received nothing but compliments from our guests and would recommend him to anyone looking for a great wedding cake!

Ginny · Married on 06/29/2014

I contacted the Unique Bakery in a last minute, desperate attempt to find an affordable wedding cake 6 DAYS before my wedding! I sent in an email and within a couple of hours, the owner was calling me to let me know that they could do it! They were extremely flexible in their hours and the price for a 3 tiered cake was unbelievable! They delivered the cake and the presentation was stunning. The cake was moist and I got many compliments from our guests! I would 100% reccommend this bakery!