The Stables at Bluemont Vineyards Reviews

22 Reviews for The Stables at Bluemont Vineyards

• Alec

Alec · Married on 09/14/2019

The perfect wedding

From the moment we walked into The Stables at Bluemont, we had a strong feeling that this is going to be the right venue for us. After receiving a tour from Debbie, we were sold.

From then on, we met very often with our event planner Amy who did a phenomenal job throughout the process of planning our special day. Amy helped provide guidance on everything to make our dream wedding come true!

Any questions that we had about logistics or how to handle a situation, she was able to help us get a plan in action and make it as stress-free as possible.

The day before our wedding, we had a large party to rehearse with which Amy helped lead flawlessly. She was there along with the rest of the staff (who were also fantastic) to ensure that our wedding was perfect. We couldn't say enough about how great Amy was and how supportive she was through the process - we were blessed to have an amazing coordinator and we would absolutely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 12/17/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/30/2019

This is the most amazing wedding venue!

I would recommend Bluemont Vineyard for any wedding! I recently had my wedding here and it was nothing but absolutely perfect. The staff was amazing and I can't begin to express my gratitude to Amy who was my coordinator throughout my whole process. My wedding was so perfect and I will never forget it thanks to Amy. Perfect venue for a wedding!

Sent on 09/07/2019
  • michelle

michelle · Married on 07/19/2019

Beautiful ceremony location, incredible views and great staff!

I loved everything about this venue. When searching, I found that what I really wanted was a venue that offered (almost) it all without having to research rental companies, caterers, etc. The Stables has an exclusive caterer (Savoire Fare) that is amazing! I had heard good things about them but the tasting sealed the deal. In addition, they offer so many bonuses that other venues make you pay extra for. The view from the ceremony space was incredible and all the guests commented about how beautiful the venue space was. We were married in mid-July and the hydrangea walkway was in full bloom, a dream come true! I worked with Amy and Janet and both were incredible helpful, knowledgeable and timely with their responses. I felt like they were there to make our day perfect, and everything was handled seamlessly. I really can't say enough good things about this venue, other than it was perfect. Even on our 100 degree wedding day, they made sure the guests and bridal party was as comfortable as possible, being lenient with allowing guests to mingle inside before the ceremony. Janet made so many good suggestions when I started to stress about the temperature of the wedding day, and she was amazing at setting up, keeping us on a good timeline and taking care of all the little details of the day so we could enjoy ourselves.
    Photos by Rachel EH Photography

Sent on 08/01/2019

Lexie · Married on 07/06/2018

We had a fantastic experience at the Stable at Bluemont for my daughter's wedding. Amy, our wedding coordinator there, was full of good ideas and helped us with all our questions. And the site looked absolutely gorgeous for the wedding. We couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 07/14/2018

kelly · Married on 06/15/2018

Working with Bluemont was an amazing experience! From start to finish it was so easy and everyone was so pleasant. There are many lovely venues in NOVA but none could be more well run than Bluemont. Our wedding day turned out to be perfect, until the photographer didn't show. Amy was on the phone immediately scheduling backups to come over. She also was my saving grace in calming me down, keeping things on task, and getting me to enjoy our big day! Amy provided just the right amount of helpful feedback and made me feel so much better throughout the planning process. Best day of coordinator I could have asked for! If you're looking for a vineyard wedding, you can't beat Bluemont:)

Sent on 08/27/2018

Debra · Married on 10/13/2017

What a wonderful venue for my daughter's wedding! Amy our wedding coordinator was awesome. Very responsive to our every need. The location is just beautiful and the wedding went off without a hitch. Food was delicious and hot. The Staff was attentive and courteous. As mother of the bride I didn't have to concern myself with anything the day of the wedding. Amy created the perfect wedding for our daughter. Just beautiful! Highly recommend!!!!!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Melody · Married on 10/06/2017

Our experience from the very first moment we saw the Stable at Bluemont was nothing but the best. We dropped in to take a peek and walked away with a signed agreement. Just open the front doors and to see the beautiful converted stable with the ethereal drapery and white lights and you will be as enchanted as we were. Debbie Schoeb was so kind and extremely accommodating and worked with us to find an October 2017 date for my daughter's wedding. From there we were assigned a wedding coordinator - and were we ever blessed. Amy Thunell was a dream come true! She is a true professional and knows all the ins and outs of planning a wedding. Any time I had a question, Amy was quick with the answer. She made ever step of the way easy and fun! This was a dream wedding come true! My daughter and her now husband were so happy. The only drawback was that it was over too quickly! This mom has found new friends in Amy and Debbie. And I look forward to returning to the tasting room in the near future to just enjoy that fabulous view from the hillside. Thank you ladies for everything!!!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Jessica · Married on 07/16/2017

We were in love with the Stable at Bluemont Vineyard. They made the whole wedding process so easy! You meet with a planner throughout the year and then a day of coordinator when you get closer to the wedding. They were absolute life savors. Also, the view is unlike anything else in Loudoun County. Everyone should get married here!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Lindsey · Married on 04/22/2017

We didn't have to worry about a thing! The Bluemont team is a well-oiled machine and they gave us the wedding day of our dreams. Our wedding could not have been possible without the incredible team at Bluemont. From the very beginning, my fiancé and I quickly realized that we were in the best hands. Our day-of coordinator, Amy, made the planning process effortless. She made certain each and every detail we wanted became a reality. Plus the venue is the most beautiful spot in the world. We have always wanted a vineyard wedding, but so vineyard venues are mixed in with the public and there is absolutely no privacy. The BEST part of Bluemont, is the wedding venue is absolutely separate from the wine tastings and other busy public spots. Cannot recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 05/07/2017

Ashley · Married on 11/12/2016

My fiance and I are getting married at Bluemont in November of 2016. We've really enjoyed working with Debbie and Amy so far! Debbie is the one who manages the venue and has been super responsive, even among the 2-4 weddings she could hold at the venue any given weekend. We fell in love the with venue and view when we went for a spontaneous unscheduled visit in between venue's when we were first looking. We happened to be speaking with someone that works at the winery who is getting married there in November 2015 and suggested we pop in the Stable down the hill and talk to Debbie. Although we didn't have an appointment and just walked in, Debbie was able to spend some time with us before her next appointment. We knew when we walked out that we wanted to get married there. I will update throughout the process, but we're super excited!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Liz · Married on 10/10/2016

The most beautiful and easy to work with venue, this should be your top pick right away! When you first walk in, the Stable will literally take your breath away - but then you see the ceremony site and you just know its the one! We couldn't have been happier with our choice with this venue. They worked with us to change our date because of a military deployment and were so kind and helpful during that stressful time. Amy is the wedding planner there and she is literally a wonder at her job - I could not and definitely would not want to do the wedding planning process without her! The staff was amazing, the whole wedding and everything leading up to it was perfect. Thank you so much Amy and the Bluemont team!!!!

Sent on 12/09/2016

elena · Married on 07/30/2016

Everything is as advertised..beautiful venue, excellent food and totally responsive to all needs..we absolutely felt we were in great hands..it was a stress free experience and the entire family got to enjoy my daughter's wedding day

Sent on 09/29/2016

We could not have picked a better venue for our wedding! From start to finish, the staff at Bluemont worked with us every step of the way to make sure that we had the wedding of our dreams. The day of coordinator made sure that there was no stress on the day of the wedding and she made sure that any and all problems were taken care of and kept the day running smoothly! Our guests were blown away with the location and everyone had a great time!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Jenny · Married on 09/27/2014

We were so happy with The Stable at Bluemont Vineyards! Everyone we worked with was so helpful, kind, and professional. They helped us throughout the planning process and answered all our question. We used many of their "recommended vendors" and were extremely happy with all of them! The venue itself is absolutely beautiful and the perfect setting for a wedding!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Aileen · Married on 09/07/2014

Bluemont is such a perfect venue. Our recent September wedding was fabulous and we had amazing event planners that Bluemont provided when booking with them. We couldn't have been more pleased with our venue choice. I would highly recommend Bluemont to anyone!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Tracy · Married on 06/30/2013

The Stables at Bluemont Vineyard was a perfect location for our summer wedding. The venue itself is gorgeous, and the location for the outdoor ceremony has an incredible view. Guests were blown away by the scenery itself. Included in the price of the venue was a day-of coordinator that took all the stress out of our day. They also work with a wonderful local caterer who was flexible enough to create any food we wanted. It was a fantastic experience, and we could not have been happier to have our special day there.

Sent on 01/22/2014

Bluemont was the first venue my daughter and her fiance looked at and they fell in love with it immediately. The setting, the view and the Stables for the reception were just what they had imagined for their wedding. Debbie was great at getting us started for a beautiful day. Jenny, our day of coordinator was awesome. She walked us through everything we needed to do to get ready and made the actual day run beautifully and smoothly. She really made it so effortless.

The food by Savoir Faire was excellent. We got so many complements. And we loved the fact that they served locally grown foods. The catering staff was wonderful - courteous, efficient and always "at our service" with a smile.

The only complaint I had was the end of the evening - after everyone left and we needed to be cleaned up and out in an hour. I felt a little disorganized and probably should have planned that better - never done this before. Perhaps that could be better explained so the "cleaner uppers" can be better prepared. Other than that, it was just wonderful and would recommend this vendor without hesitation.

Sent on 10/15/2013
  • LaGilMurray

Lacy · Married on 06/09/2017

Bluemont has been the perfect venue to work with! We are getting married there in June and throughout the whole process they have been there outlining the next step of the way, which saves me SO much stress. Amy has this whole process down to a well oiled machine, while still working with us to incorporate our unique visions and make it feel like she's truly working with us. In fairness, her efficiency can be slightly intimidating (in a good way) and I always feel like my questions are addressed in a timely manner.

Can we also talk about how beautiful this place is? From the moment we drove up my finace and I knew this was where we wanted to be married. The view overlooking the valley, and the elegantly designed stables were exactly what we wanted, and are so picturesque that you don't need to go overboard with the decor. I could not recommend Bluemont Stables more highly!

Sent on 03/04/2017

Laura · Married on 06/29/2013

The minute my husband and I walked into Bluemont we knew it was the perfect venue for us. The Stable provides a beautiful rustic charm for the reception and the lawn is a picture perfect place for a ceremony with an absolutely stunning view of Northern Virginia. We worked with Debbie initially to book the venue and see it and she was great! She accommodated us any time we stopped by, even without an appointment, and answered all of our questions. Jenny was our day of coordinator, which is included with your venue rental, and was also great! She made sure things went smoothly on the day of the wedding and met with us in advance to make sure we had thought about all the details. The only downside for us was that they did not have a room set aside for my husband and groomsmen to wait before the ceremony as they promised which caused some stress for them.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Lindsay · Married on 10/01/2016

Bluemont is the perfect blend between rustic and elegant. So many guests complimented us on the beauty of the venue. Our day of coordinator (automatically comes with every booking) was AMAZING! Any time I would try to make sure something was done, she had it all finished. Awesome venue and would have it there again! The price tag may turn some people away, but with the cost you get a coordinator, a built in catering company, rehearsal time, and free wine tastings.
    Any complaint might be on the pricing of some of the optional items, such as the drapes- 1200!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Hilary · Married on 06/04/2016

4.2
      3.5

Bluemont was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL wedding venue for me and my husband. All of our guests commented on the picturesque landscape. The mandatory caterer they have you use is also top notch, and our coordinator Janet was fabulous! We recommend hiring Elegant Momentz to decorate, as they did a great job for us. My only complaint is they forgot to put out the wine for our wine ceremony, and snuck in to do it while I was walking down the aisle. Everything else was perfect!

Sent on 06/11/2016
  • Steven

Steven · Married on 09/23/2018

3.6
      3.0
      3.0

Beutiful Location

This location is beautiful. Working with Amy planning our wedding was very easy as she was always available to plan out the details. But when it came to fine tuning the details to paper on the final quote some things she said seemed to be contradicting. She did offer her preferred vendors list to us which we used the transportation company Virginia Rides to transport our guest to and from the wedding to the hotel we had blocked. After hiring the transportation and paying the deposit they never showed up to pick up out wedding guest. This was a huge problem as we had to get people ubers and cram guest in cars for the 40 minute drive to the venue. I was also disappointed that Amy was not able to attend our rehearsal as I feel like that was a time to go over the final details of the wedding. The day went by so fast but one thing I remember is that we were suppose to have rose gold chargers on every table for our guest and there was not a one anywhere. I thought the weeks of meeting and planning and setting the final details in the contract that the execution on those details would be done as planned. But I was disappointed. At the end of the day you pay a lot of money for the venue and service. I didn't expect a lack of execution of the contract details.

Sent on 10/20/2018