The Invisible Hostess Reviews

111 | Seattle, WA

111 Reviews for The Invisible Hostess

Lara · Married on 10/01/2011

Sheena provided our day-of coordination, and we were very happy to have her help! We had a pretty DIY wedding on a tight schedule and budget, and I tend to be a micro-manager and have great difficulty delegating, but her services were exactly what I needed to be able to really enjoy my day. As I hired other vendors, they were all glad to hear that they'd be working with her ("oh, we LOVE Sheena!"), and they were right: she was always pleasant and professional; she provided valuable advice on planning the event; and she did a great job of making the day run smoothly. Having her in charge allowed me to let go and just focus on celebrating with my new husband and our family and friends. She probably put out fires I don't even know about. Thank you, Sheena and the Invisible Hostess!

Sent on 11/07/2011

Shannon · Married on 03/19/2011

I'd booked a street food vendor (Veraci Pizza) for my catering before realizing that they don't offer full catering services. They pull up, cook and put out their food but don't go beyond that. I am happy with my decision but needed another company to provide service (bus tables, bartend, etc.) and Veraci recommended The Invisible Hostess. I'm really happy that they did, even though I hadn't originally planned on the additional cost. TIH's owner and team were great to work with. They went above and beyond in my opinion and guests commented on how fun they were. The bartenders were completely on top of things and Andrea, my lead hostess, ensure everything went smoothly. They were also really helpful in suggesting room set up (we had a room flip between the ceremony and reception) and other logistics. I found their help invaluable and would use them again if I find myself in need of similar services.

Sent on 03/22/2011

Briana · Married on 10/17/2010

Hiring The Invisible Hostess to provide day of services on my wedding was the best decision I made, and the best deal for the money spent. Lisa put me completely at ease on my day. There was not one thing I worried about! Every little detail was taken care of. I worked with Lisa before the wedding. She was easily and readily accessible and responsive, had great ideas, and did not miss a single detail! She was absolutely responsible for ensuring that my day went smoothly from start to finish. The most important aspect of this is that Lisa was everywhere I needed her to be, yet not interfering AT ALL! I would recommend Lisa with absolute confidence to anyone getting married. She ensured that my family was completely at ease, and that my parents didn't have to worry about the gifts being put in the car, or the decorations being packed. Most importantly, Lisa did not try to take over my day, or alter the vision for it that I had in mind. She was AMAZING!

Sent on 04/01/2011

Jessica · Married on 10/02/2010

Sheena of The Invisible Hostess was great! I had not a single care on the day of my wedding thanks to her. I knew she shared my vision of how I wanted my reception to go and trusted her completely to pull it off and make last minute decisions. She did everything from helping to set up, coordinating timing of toasts/cake cutting, to helping clean up. She was very professional and sweet, and was a joy to work with! Would recommend her with no hesitation.

Sent on 10/13/2010

Holly · Married on 10/02/2010

Afton was beyond amazing!!! not only was it apprent to my now husband and I but to everyone involved. All my bm and gm were raving about she was the best investment possible in the entire wedding!!! She was amazing and did everything perfectly! She remembered everything we told her about some parents not getting along and what to expect out of our wedding party and even help sew up one of my bridesmaids minutes before the wedding (and made sure I was eating and drinking) everythign was completely on time, and she just went above and beyond and I can't even describe in words how grateful we were to have her there and how amazing she was!

Sent on 10/26/2010

Kevin · Married on 10/29/2017

Kristine was our day of coordinator and we could not have been happier with her services. She took care of all of the little details and allowed us to relax and just take in the day. We were very appreciative of the all of the work she did in the build up to the wedding, and all of the time she made herself available to discuss details and bounce ideas off her. One of my bridesmaids was pregnant and vegetarian and had a hangry emergency in the middle of the day, and Kristine found her lunch within a few minutes. The best part was at the end of the night when she gathered all our personal decor and delivered it in the morning. We would highly recommend Invisible Hostess - although it is not an inexpensive service, the value and professionalism was amazing. Kristine was also a great person who was really fun to work with!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Claire · Married on 07/23/2016

Hiring Mary was one of the best decisions about getting married. I would find myself saying, "all I need to get married is my fiance and Mary." She was all I could've hoped for in a coordinator. Her attention to detail and making sure we were taken care of not only the day of but pre-wedding was impeccable.

Sent on 06/20/2017

Amara · Married on 07/16/2016

Afton and Invisible Hostess were a dream to work with. I am so thrilled that we decided we needed a little extra help and went with their "Day Of Coordinator" services. Those services really don't start on the day of, but at the moment that you begin working with them! Afton met with us multiple times leading up to the wedding to help us construct our day of schedule and plan, select the best vendors for the job, and pull everything off beautifully! Afton really listened to what was important to us, and became our advocate through the whole experience. Sometimes Afton even knew what we wanted better than we did ourselves, and her recommendations were so helpful to us in creating the event we wanted. Best of all, the day of the wedding went off without any issues so much in part to Afton's coordination skills. I was so glad to not need to worry about anything on the day of the wedding with everything in Afton's hands.

Sent on 08/28/2016

Dawn · Married on 07/17/2011

Invisible Hostess did a lovely job for our wedding reception in July 2011. It was an especially stressful time due to a cross-border move and a family health crisis at the same time as the wedding, and when I asked for some last-minute changes and help, the lead hostess, Andrea, came through in spades. She was terrific - responsive, calm, resourceful, great with guests, and the reception went off just as I wanted. Thank you, Andrea, for taking over the lead and relieving my stress!

Sent on 07/24/2011

Afton and her team made our wedding reception a huge success! They worked tirelessly on our wedding day to keep everything running smoothly. We had a large reception with over 400 people present and we never saw a full trash can or even saw someone carrying out a trash bag! They were truly invisible hostesses who made a huge impact on our wedding day. They allowed my new husband and me (and our families) to really enjoy the reception without having to worry about a thing! We cannot thank them enough for all of their help. Each and every one of them always had a smile on their face and graciously helped with any task that needed to be done.

The bartenders were also very professional and offered quick service at our open bar. They also were fantastic at not opening too make items at a time. The next day we only had a handful of unfinished opened bottles!

We would highly recommend Invisible Hostess for any party needs and look forward to working with them again!

Sent on 08/13/2014
  • User2232011 · 2+ years ago

2.6
      3.0
      2.0

Deandra and Caitlin were great during the event - everyone loved 'em and they were really on top of everything.

However, they showed up completely unprepared (unaware of every detail, big and small) considering the extraordinary amount of detailed instructions I provided well in advance - I'm not sure where that communication broke down on their end, or why I was asked to provide all that info if it wasn't put to use.

I called to check in a couple months before our reception and they had no record of my deposit and contract (which was sent and deposited months before that). We got it straightened out, but they weren't very apologetic. When I asked if I could just get out of my contract, they said no (after the event, they said that if I was more forceful about it, they would have been more flexible...)

Later down the line, when the rest of my payment was due, no one told me the company's address had changed.

I had to be proactive about checking in about details, and I wasn't assigned hostesses until one week before our reception (when I had much bigger fish to fry, as I'm sure is the case with every bride) instead of two weeks as promised. It seemed like no one reached out to me unless it was related to payment.

Sent on 09/06/2012

The Invisible Hostess's reply:

Deandra and Caitlin have been client favorites all summer and we're happy the client acknowledged their good and friendly service during the event. Naturally, we'd like to respond to some of the more negative reviews to shed light on both sides of the story and share what our company policies are:

The client provided a great amount of event detail for her reception, it was fantastic. Deandra and Caitlin read through all of the documents the night before and the day of. They were also introduced to a wedding coordinator via email, so the ladies knew they could look to the coordinator for refreshers of information as our role is to assist in set up, bussing and tear down - not coordination. We are sorry that their level of knowledge didn't meet our client's expectation. We do try our best to understand as much as we can via email and documents prior to your event.

Regarding getting out of a contract, we would NEVER force or require anyone to work with us after signing a contract. We absolutely allow cancellations and have a very clear cancellation policy on our contract. Yes, there was some mix up with the original contract and deposit tracking as we switched our accounting system since she had first booked, as well as the Event Manager role, but it was quickly remedied. When asked about cancelling as this scenario concerned our client, Natasha told her that would be fine, but assured her we have her on the books (that was the first concern) and if she still wanted to cancel, we would follow our cancellation policy.

Regarding our address change, yes, we moved! We've also instated mail forwarding and it has been working well with only a handful of exceptions. Unfortunately, this payment was one of the exceptions.

Because client's are working so closely with Natasha during the booking process, it is common practice, especially during our busy season, to meet your Hostess team the week of your event. At that time we confirm details and make sure your event information form is filled out. We followed our normal practice and are sorry we didn't set the proper expectation for our client as she clearly expected more pre-event contact.

We always appreciate feedback, praise and constructive. In fact, we send out client surveys every Monday so we can learn from the weekend's events, hear what went well, and what we can improve on. We're never happy with an unsatisfied client and fortunately this is a rare experience for us. We'll absolutely take the client's comments to heart and take what we can from them to continue to improve our services.

Sheena Kalso