The Invisible Hostess Reviews

111 | Seattle, WA

111 Reviews for The Invisible Hostess

Julia · Married on 01/15/2017

We met Sheena from Invisible Hostess at my cousin's wedding several years ago, and were completely blown away by her. She was prepared for anything, and handled the few small issues with incredible grace and calm. We knew who to call when it came time to start planning our own wedding a year later. When we arrived at Invisible Hostess for our first meeting we had some serious jitters about all that needed to be done. We left that meeting feeling like we could take on the world, and every time worries started creeping back, Sheena would make sure our concerns were heard, and would promptly deal with them, or advise us. Her response time is superhuman, and we're still not entirely sure how, but we swear she often started typing the answers to our questions before we'd even texted them. She made sure that we were always clear about who was handling what, and she contacted many vendors on our behalf in the last few months leading up to the wedding to get all of the final pieces in place. The day of the wedding *flew* by, and if there were any complicating issues, we never knew or heard about them. Sheena and her assistant, Sloan, both made sure we got to enjoy every moment of our wedding. They handled things we'd never even thought to think about, and made it look easy. They even took to the dance floor with some epic dance moves, and we heard that Sloan also won an impressive rap battle that evening. They weren't just our wedding coordinators, they became friends.

Sent on 03/04/2017

Patricia · Married on 12/31/2016

The Invisible Hostess made me feel like a valued customer from the start. Our planner Jocelyn was warm, responsive, and knowledgeable. She gave advice and support, which was invaluable for a clueless bride like me. Ultimately, our wedding day turned out better than I could have expected thanks to her hard work and expertise. The day itself was completely stress-free thanks to Jocelyn. I think that booking The Invisible Hostess was the best decision I made during the wedding planning process.

Sent on 01/13/2017

Kate · Married on 11/05/2016

There is no doubt in my mind that hiring The Invisible Hostess/Natasha was bar none the best decision we made. I can say that, because of the recommendations, relationships and decisions she lead us to for our day were simply perfection. Personally, having an event planners background and working in the industry I knew that I needed someone I trusted and had the utmost confidence in while planning. Natasha was that and more! Because we were planning from a far (Chicago) we relied on Natasha to be our eyes and ears on the ground; in addition to, meeting with my parents and important vendors on a number of occasions. The few times we were in town (or she was in Chicago!) she was flexible with her schedule even joining me for a margarita brunch! I could go on and on, but let me just say the expense of hiring The Invisible Hostess will feel like a blip in the budget - they help you focus, give you well informed opinions and are experts in their space. Truly, we feel like we found a forever friend in Natasha. Thank you x's a million!!!

Sent on 01/23/2017

Hannah · Married on 10/22/2016

The Invisible Hostess team are a dream. Not only are they extremly helpful throughout the entire planning process (even if you have a day-of package) they are always available via text and email to chat about details and give great advice. With over 10 years of experience in the Seattle area, they have priceless knowledge and insight into all things wedding. Natasha is such a fantastic person and I am so happy to have gotten to know her. She was on point with every decision and was fluidly communicating with me throughout the night, double checking my opinions on things that had changed slightly throughout the night. As a controlling person, it was so nice to just let go, release my spreadsheets to Natasha, and be able to enjoy my day and not worry about the details! Thank you TIH and Natasha!!

Sent on 10/23/2016

V · Married on 10/16/2016

Hiring Natasha at the Invisible Hostess was the best idea that we had for our wedding in October 2016. She was invaluable in the planning and the smooth running of the wedding itself. We really can not recommend her highly enough. She made the whole wedding process so much easier and less stressful.

Sent on 11/07/2016

Christine · Married on 09/24/2016

I worked with Jocelyn for day of coordination for our wedding last fall. She blew me away with her organization, creativity, kindness, generosity and thoroughness. She not only understood exactly what we wanted, but was able to go above and beyond our vision when we weren't there to make a decision! For example, due to a conflict with our venue location and how we wanted sparklers photographed and videoed but didn't want to shuffle guests around and possibly have them mistakenly leave early, Jocelyn had our guests create a giant circle and use their sparklers to surround us when we entered the beautiful venue patio. It was a stunning sight to see and one I will never ever forget! She was there for things I knew she would based on the contract details such as keeping us on time and coordinating vendors which were extremely helpful, but I could never have predicted how much she pulled our wedding together and executed it in such a flawless way in so many ways. Her work made our wedding truly a dream. We strongly recommended her to my bridesmaid and I look forward to seeing Jocelyn again in a couple weeks at that wedding!!! If anyone else asks me for a recommendation, I would wholeheartedly without hesitation recommend her again and again!

Sent on 08/05/2017

Emily · Married on 09/17/2016

I am extremely detail oriented and we had tons of wedding decor, logistics and set up the day of. Sheena was essential to make sure we planned everything out properly and she executed our event with a smile on her face the entire time. We would have been lost without her!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Kelsey · Married on 09/10/2016

The Invisible Hostess team was recommended to us as the “best money spent on our wedding” by a friend, and we couldn’t agree more.

When we started wedding planning, we weren’t sure if we needed to hire a wedding planner. I was under the illusion that planners were for people who aren’t organized, and that we could save a little money by doing it ourselves. But boy, are we glad we hired Natasha and Kristine to help plan our big day!

If you think about it, you spend so much money on a dress, flowers, and food to make your wedding day perfect. Why would you want to spend that day worrying about this and putting your friends and family to work? I truly believe the best thing you can do for yourself when planning a wedding is to hire these lovely ladies to do (at the very least) day-of coordination.

On our wedding day, we had Natasha, Kristine and Makenna there to take care of every last detail. And because we’d spent the time going through everything leading up to the wedding, they knew the details like the back of their hands. We didn’t have to lift a finger, and neither did our families, bridesmaids, or groomsmen. The day ran perfectly, and we could just enjoy the party without having to put anyone to work.

Sent on 02/02/2017

Kelly · Married on 08/13/2016

It was my dad who mentioned potentially getting a wedding coordinator or planner early on in my wedding planning. Frankly, I didn't think I'd need one as I'm normally super organized and don't mind planning large scale events.

I am so glad though I took his advice and interviewed a few wedding coordinators. Mary was amazing! From the beginning we clicked, and I knew she would be a great partner in helping me make mine and my husband's wedding vision come true. As organized as I thought I was, it was nice to have the organization meetings to make sure I was hitting everything I needed in order to put on a great wedding. I've been to too many weddings in the last few years - and although I may be biased - I thought my wedding ran much smoother than many I've been too.

The day of I didn't have to worry about anything other than getting myself down the aisle to marry the man I loved. Having that piece of mind during your wedding is priceless, especially when you're already filled with multiple emotions. If you want this for your wedding day, please hire The Invisible Hostess! Mary always laughed at my (poor) jokes, dealt with my detailed descriptions of how to set up my decorations (and made them even better day of!), did set-up within the limited 2 hour time window, and was always encouraging - all while being pregnant! That is dedication and love for your job. These ladies will make sure that your wedding is perfect.

Sent on 09/20/2016

Nina · Married on 08/13/2016

I am generally pretty type-a (control freak) so I was hesitant to hire a wedding coordinator, but I am SO glad we did. I didn't realize how valuable it was until the day after the wedding when I realized that from the moment I woke up on my wedding day all I had to worry about was myself. When I arrived at the venue everything was set up perfectly and throughout the day things just flowed without a single worry. None of this would have happened without Jocelyn. She allowed me to really let go and enjoy the day. It was, without a doubt, worth every penny that we spent.

Sent on 12/16/2016

Ashley · Married on 08/06/2016

Sheena and Invisible Hostess was BY FAR the best money we spent on our wedding! From the moment we booked Sheena we were able to contact her and she was more than happy to help and answer any of our questions! Sheena's has so much experience and was dedicated to supporting us as we planned our wedding. Sheena is also extremely flexible and thoughtful! Every step of the way she was extremely detail oriented and she made sure every step of our wedding day was mapped out and had been thought through. We rested easy knowing that she had thought of everything and more! To top everything off our wedding day was flawless as she made sure everything was planned and ready. Our family, friends and vendors were also blown away about how amazing she was. She was beyond professional, helpful, fun, and a pleasure to work with. We love Sheena and would highly recommend her to anyone looking to have a wedding coordinator! The Invisible Hostess is simply the best!

Sent on 12/26/2016

Amanda · Married on 07/23/2016

Jocelyn is worth her weight in gold.

Through the planning process, she was very accessible.  While in the contract her services shouldn’t have started until 3 months out, she was happy to meet up with us when we flew up a little earlier than that and she encouraged me send her contracts to review as I made them (which was over a year out!).

At 3 months out though, we started to really see why we'd hired her.  She took over in a big way--she made a thorough timeline and got all of the vendors to read it over and edit it as necessary and she kept in great contact with me and reminded us of anything we were missing.  We heard from her with increasing frequency--about once a week for most of those 3 months but much more than that in the last few weeks (and we were CC'd on everything between her and vendors).  It was very reassuring to know she was on it.

The wedding week is when she truly made us realize what a blessing she was.  Before, she came by our apartment to grab the copious amounts of DIY stuff I'd created.  We had so many boxes of stuff (and alcohol) that we filled her SUV to the brim.  She happily carried the bulk of it down with me and loaded everything up, giving me a reassuring hug and farewell before taking off.

On the wedding day my husband and I were buzzing with excitement, nerves, emotion... but not stress or anxiety.  Let me repeat that--I felt NO stress or anxiety on my wedding day. She was ON IT every time. Flawless. Throughout the reception she kept things on schedule--my husband and I focused only on greeting our guests and having a good time.  Jocelyn kept us fed, hydrated and on time, with plenty of flexibility when we wanted last five more minutes to talk to some guests here or there.

At the end of the night she packed everything up, including our car, and sent us on our way.  After, she dropped off all the leftover booze and the DIY elements at our apartment.

Thank you Jocelyn, from the bottom of our hearts.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Amanda · Married on 07/16/2016

I am extremely organized and Type A., and I questioned whether I needed a wedding coordinator in the first place. But when my wedding ended up being timed with an extremely busy season at work, I decided I should probably get help. When I interviewed Jocelyn at the Invisible Hostess, I knew I had found someone more organized and Type A than I am--which is just what I wanted. She was amazing and I loved working with her--calm, practical, organized, responsive. The best part: I got to simply be a guest at my wedding, instead of worrying about the vendors, the timeline, etc. It also allowed my mother to just be a guest--what a gift! Worth every penny.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Hope · Married on 07/16/2016

Natasha was invaluable throughout the months leading up to our wedding day and the day itself. I truly believe we couldn't have done it without her. She was a cheerful, calming presence, as well as a sounding board and a knowledgeable adviser. She was absolutely amazing! Book The Invisible Hostess!!!

Sent on 01/13/2017

Alex · Married on 07/16/2016

I was lucky enough to have the dream team of Sheena + Natasha for my wedding. As someone who works in the industry, I know how a wedding day should go down and was intent on finding someone that I trusted so I could completely shut off. Ladies and Gentleman... if you want to know who a wedding planner hired to plan their own wedding it is Sheena and Natasha.

From the beginning, Sheena and Natasha were beyond professional. They were helpful with all my questions and concerns. What questions could a wedding planner not answer herself? Weddings are incredibly personal and every person's challenges are unique to their family and situation. I had a few things that Sheena was able to offer me a thoughtful outside opinion and really set my mind at ease.

My wedding day was entirely outdoors and ended up being windy with random rain showers. We knew this was a possibility at rehearsal and ran two rehearsals. One for my ideal outside the situation and the other for if we had to shift our entire ceremony inside our tent and create a ceremony in the round. Sheena + Natasha came up with a great solution on the fly and I was really able to check out of being the one in charge.

From the time I started Hair and Makeup to the end of the night, I didn't have a single thing to worry about. They were consistently checking in and were making all the things happen behind the scenes. I have no idea if something went wrong because they had it all covered. Giving a wedding planner piece of mind is a big job, and I was so thankful to have these two there to handle everything. Having these calm, cool, and collected professionals was the best decision I made.

Sheena + Natasha, Thank you so much for everything you did for me. I would hire you again in a heartbeat if I was going to do this all over again. Hire them, people. You won't regret it.

Sent on 09/27/2017
  • cressmancm

Chip · Married on 07/09/2016

My (now!) husband and I worked with the incredible Mary Brown and Hannah Feigin for wedding day of coordination and were so happy we did! Working with the Invisible Hostess was a dream come true.

Even though we had all the online guides, getting married books, and help from family and friends, nothing compares to a wedding expert helping and guiding you. There are so many little details that can easily slip through the cracks without an expert there to make sure they don’t. My husband and I didn’t have a traditional wedding and a lot of online guides were not very helpful for us. Being able to email, text, or call Mary/Hannah at anytime helped us not feel overwhelmed or unprepared.

In addition to helping plan your wedding, the real value comes on your wedding day. When we showed up to the venue Mary and Hannah had everything perfectly set up. They executed our wedding day vision so perfectly; it was incredible. They made sure all the vendors had everything they needed and were moving along smoothly. They had our video booth, cake table, candy bar, and everything else all set up and looking so beautiful. It was amazing. And at the end of the night they had all our stuff neatly boxed up and ready to go home.

Just hire them. Seriously. I cannot recommend it enough. It will be the most valuable money you spend on your wedding day. It’s not normally a line item on most wedding budgets, but it’s one of the most important things you can do to make your day go smoothly and stress-free.

Sent on 07/21/2016

CiCi · Married on 06/11/2016

I absolutely recommend Natasha Larsen with Invisible Hostess. She went above and beyond all of our expectations and was extraordinary. She was the #1 best investment of where we allocated our budget and if you are having a wedding you have to have Natasha and Invisible Hostess as your coordinator! She went to multiple site visits, was almost immediate on her communication, and she thought of every single detail. She also coordinated so much of our vendors - she knows the best in the business and helped us in rentals, coordinating all vendors, and agreements. The day would not have been nearly as great without Natasha - she did an amazing job and I have only great things to say about her!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Shannon · Married on 04/23/2016

Natasha is a goddess! I simply cannot imagine our wedding weekend without her. As soon as I met her, I knew her no-nonsense, Midwestern approach was going to be the perfect fit for me. She always had time for recommendations and helpful (and practical) suggestions. Her organization made our day flow like a dream. Even guests commented on how great she and her team were. I called her the "fairy godmother" of the wedding - she made everything happen like it was no effort at all. Boys wanted a post-wedding cigar? Done. Issue with wedding music? Taken care of. All without anyone else ever knowing of it. I just wish Natasha could make my whole life function so seamlessly. :)

Sent on 07/27/2016

I absolutely loved working with Mary from The Invisible Hostess. I did my homework and met with a few coordinators before making a decision. Right from the beginning, Mary provided me with a list of references, which saved me the awkwardness of having to ask. When I contacted her references, they all had the best things to say about her, which reassured me. Once we started working together, I really appreciated Mary's organization, attention to detail, efficiency, and all the other traits that make a good coordinator. But beyond that, she made me laugh when I was tense, reassured me when I was hesitant, supported me when I had my own (perhaps non-traditional) ideas, and all in all felt like my BEST FRIEND throughout this process. On the day of the wedding, I loved not having to worry about anything except being able to have fun with our guests. I recommend Mary and The Invisible Hostess hands down. As far as pricing, they were in the mid-range out of the coordinators I looked into.

Sent on 05/13/2016

Kemp · Married on 04/09/2016

Sheena was fantastic. She was super helpful leading up to the wedding with advice, and made us feel really comfortable. I'd say she was good in the run-up to the wedding, and amazing the day of. Having Sheena and Mary there meant that we really didn't have to worry about a thing - the one issue we had with our caterer Sheena made disappear instantly.

Really well done, and worth every penny. Our guests have said that it was the best wedding they attended, and we think it was in no small part to Sheena making everything work smoothly.

Sent on 07/23/2016

Jody · Married on 04/02/2016

WE LOVE SHEENA!!! :) Sheena and the Invisible Hostess were the BEST decision and investment we made during wedding planning! It was such a huge relief for me when I met Sheena because I knew she would not let me miss anything, and that was a big concern for me - all the logistics!! She was such a great resource. Anytime I had a question she would give me an honest, thoughtful answer, which I REALLY appreciated. Also, her vendor recommendations and planning guide were my bible! There is so much wedding planning info out there, it was nice to have a resource I trusted. I honestly don't know if I can put into words how much she helped. Plus, she is AWESOME and so fun! I told my husband a million times that I want to be her best friend, haha. If I had any advice for a future bride, it would be to hire Sheena, for sure.

Sent on 07/26/2016
  • W

Wendy · Married on 03/06/2016

Working with Sheena was fantastic from the beginning. She put us at ease with her organization and thoroughness. We worked with her as our day-of coordinator, she was accessible and communicative during the entire planning process. She took over our vendor management and handled all the small details that can make you crazy as you get closer to your big day. Both she and Mary, her assistant, handled everything professionally and everything was dream quality smooth every step of the way. Our day was exactly as we planned, it to be and that wouldn't have been possible without Sheena and Mary!!

Sent on 03/09/2016

Annie · Married on 02/13/2016

The price is very reasonable for the high quality service that Sheena and her crew provide. They really come and give you the peace of mind that everything will go smoothly the day of, so that you can sit back and relax. I highly recommend Invisible Hostess!

Sent on 07/28/2016

I would recommend Invisible Hostess to any of my friends. Jocelyn was my coordinator and she helped me dig into details and ask questions I would have never known to consider. They are THE best.

Sent on 02/09/2016

Rebecca · Married on 09/25/2015

We hired Mary as a day-of coordinator. She was far more than that! For months leading up to our big day, she was available to help us sort through all the little details and give advice on everything. She was there for our rehearsal and managed to wrangle a large and rowdy bridal party so everyone knew exactly what they were supposed to do. She coordinated with all the rest of our vendors to make sure our day ran seamlessly. I didn't have to lift a finger on the big day which is truly the whole point of having a coordinator. I'd heard some horror stories about coordinators dropping the ball on things and was a little hesitant going in. I can tell you I had absolutely nothing to worry with Mary and her team! She is a rock star and my day was perfect, thanks in large part to her hard work. I would highly recommend her to anyone and everyone planning a big event!

Sent on 11/17/2015