Sweet Creations Cakes Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Ashley
    Ashley Married on 05/15/2021

Delicious and creative

We got to work with Shawna and Rand on flavors and design. Our cake turned out great! Our guests raved about the cake (even people who traditionally don’t like wedding cake). They also were able to incorporate both traditional wedding cake elements and more fun elements my husband wanted. They took the idea we gave them and ran with it and made it look amazing. We got compliments about how the cake was fun but not cheesy. They were even able to do gluten free cupcakes for some celiac family members.

We actually had to postpone our wedding due to Covid and Sweet Creations were amazingly flexible and understanding. I would not hesitate to recommend them to any bride in the area.
  • Megan
    Megan B. Married on 11/01/2020

Strawberry Cake for the win!

4 Layers w/ a different flavor and filling on each. Saved the top tier, and THANK GOODNESS because my husband and I didn't even get a slice while we were at the wedding.

All the cake was fantastic & our guests specifically called out the strawberry cake as being a top favorite for weeks after the wedding.
    Marlena B. Married on 04/04/2020

Mind-Blowing!

I could not have asked for a more perfect cake! Shawna and Rand were very professional and very kind. The design of the cake was EXACTLY as planned! And the cake was very tasty and moist.
    Emma B. Married on 03/10/2020

Guests LOVED our cake!

Our guests could not stop talking about how delicious the cake was!! We loved working with Shawna and her husband and we are getting another cake from them for a birthday! They are amazing and I would highly recommend them.
    Jessica Married on 10/12/2019

Wonderful cakes!

Shawna and her husband were wonderful to work with and their cakes are absolutely delicious!! We went with orange pineapple for one of flavors after tasting it per their recommendation and it blew us all away! I was so hesitant at first but the combinations they come up with are incredible. We ended up with a three tiered cake with all different flavors. We also used them for our groom's cake which was a Millenium Falcon and they completely surpassed all expectations!! Both cakes were delicious and so well designed. I hope to use them again for our anniversary cake!
    Taylor Married on 09/28/2019

Complete ease and professionalism

Our cake was beautiful and delicious! Shawna and her husband were quick to respond via email and were professional and friendly during our tasting. On the wedding day, I was doing so many other things that I didn't have time to think about the cake - they made it so I didn't have to! They showed up on time and met with a member of our bridal party to ensure that all was in order. We gave them an extra bouquet we had and told them to add flowers to the cake in any way they thought worked and it turned out amazing!
    Ava Married on 09/28/2019

Beautiful and Delicious Cake!

We cannot recommend Sweet Creations enough! Our cake was not only incredibly beautiful, but it was delicious- tons of guests commented that ours was the best wedding cake they'd ever had!
    Amanda Married on 02/17/2019

Very Good Cakes

We were very pleased with the final cake and the grooms cake. The cake tasting was done very well and the entire process from then on was a joy. very simple, and worth every penny.
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 10/20/2018

Delicious and Beautiful Cake

Sweet Creations Cakes is a wonderful local operation run by Shawna and her husband. They are quick to respond via email and are attentive to your needs. The initial meeting was at their house and the tasting was excellent. I felt very confident after meeting with them and seeing their work, as well as tasting the delicious cake, that we were going to get the cake of our dreams! And we did!
    The cake was moist and delicious the day of the wedding and still is a week later! The frosting is fluffy, not overly sweet. A perfect compliment to the flavors we chose: autumn spice with apple filling and strawberry with strawberry filling. Everyone at our wedding raved about the flavors. I'm still getting comments at work about the yummy Autumn Spice flavor. The fondant they use for decorating is different than regular (which I can't stand). This one is sweeter and more edible so we could even enjoy the beautiful decorations on the cake.
    Overall, the cake is beautiful and scrumptious. Shawna and her husband did an amazing job replicating what we asked for and even adding in a last minute request for a fondant cat! They are true professionals and their skill was on display at our wedding. I would definitely hire them again for any cake I need in the future!
    Oh, and they also include detailed instructions about how to save your top tier if you choose to do so!

Sweet Creations Cakes's reply:

Thanks for the great review! We're so glad that you and your guests enjoyed the cake! It was a pleasure working with you.
  • Amy
    Amy Married on 07/08/2018
    This is the first vendor I'm reviewing because they were hands-down my favorite! Extremely professional, friendly, sweet and notably hilarious. I didn't worry about a thing after the order was placed. All of the samples we tried were like they were baked pieces of heaven. I would choose this team again in a heartbeat! Highly, highly recommend. (Price was for a two-tier cake)
    Claire Married on 05/19/2018
    AMAZING! I had other tastings scheduled but after meeting with Shawna, I cancelled them. Every flavor that we tried was so good that it was hard to decide on our wedding cake flavors. They are reasonably priced, easy and fun to work with, and everyone was over the moon about how good the cakes were. We ordered a wedding cake (I do not have the professional photos yet) and a grooms cake (pictured). Easiest wedding planning decision we made!

Sweet Creations Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much!! It was a pleasure working with you!! Go Caps!!
    Veronique Married on 10/28/2017
    AMAZING!
    Shawna did my wedding cake & it was absolutely perfect! We have received so many compliments about how tasty and beautiful the cake was! I plan on coming to Sweet Creations Cakes for all of my future cake needs!

Sweet Creations Cakes's reply:

Thanks so much, Veronique! It was a pleasure working with you!
    Ericka Married on 10/01/2017
    Loved our cake! Incredibly delicious. We couldn't choose between chocolate + nutella and vanilla + strawberry, so she did both on alternating layers.

Thanks so much, Ericka!!
    Leanne Married on 07/15/2017
    We couldn't have been happier with Sweet Creations Cakes! Sweet Creations was not the first cake vendor that we tried, but, hands-down, my husband and I were so glad that we found Shawna. Not only is Shawna incredibly responsive, very easy to work with, and so accommodating, but her cakes are absolutely dynamite! The uniqueness of the cake flavors, the quality of the cake itself, and...oh my goodness...that buttercream frosting made our wedding cake unforgettable! We could not have been happier with our experience!

Sweet Creations Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review!! We appreciate it so much!!
    Michel Married on 11/17/2016
    We were very pleased with the outcome, our cake was beautiful and tasted great! The whole process from ordering to the actual delivery was easy and stress free.

Sweet Creations Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much! I'm really glad you and your guests enjoyed the cake!
    Mayra Married on 09/24/2016
    Our wedding cake design was so important to me (bride). Luckily, we found Sweet Creations Cake and after reading so many great reviews, we decided to contact them. We're glad that we did, our wedding cake was exactly what we wanted, the icing was delicious, and the cake tasting was amazing! A couple of weeks before our wedding, we had a last-minute request that they were delighted to accommodate. We decided to add fresh flowers to our cake design, the florist was running late and Sweet Creations patiently waited for her arrival to finish decorating the cake (they had other deliveries scheduled). Good vendors are extremely hard to find and we’re super grateful we hired Sweet Creations Cakes. They went above and beyond to deliver our beautiful wedding cake and more!
  • Charlene
    Charlene Married on 07/30/2016
    I highly recommend Sweet Creations Cakes to DC area brides. Our wedding cake was beautiful, and guests kept raving about how delicious it was. Working and communicating with Shawna could not have been easier. Her pricing is very reasonable and straightforward. Once we confirmed the look and flavors of the cake, I put her in touch with my venue coordinator and did not have to worry about a single thing from that point. We took home our top tier and I put it in the freezer after following the clear instructions on the box. Only 356 days until we can open it! Thank you Shawna :)
    Julie Married on 07/16/2016
    My husband and I worked with Sweet Creations for both our wedding cake as well as a surprise groom's cake and I cannot recommend them enough. During our cake tasting, we were able to get a feel for the spectrum of flavors and textures that were available to us and we also had an opportunity for a fully in depth conversation with the owners, Shawna and Rand. Not only did this discussion convince us that they understood (and cared about!) the Art Deco theme of our wedding, but we knew that we were working with two extremely passionate and gifted artists. In the months that followed, I ended up working with them on a separate, Steampunk themed cake for our wedding rehearsal dinner as well.

The end result was nothing short of magical. I have professional bakers in my family and even they lost their minds over how amazing both of the cakes were that Sweet Creations prepared. Not only was each cake was completely unique and absolutely gorgeous, but the tastes were truly out of this world. My husband and I cannot *wait* to order an anniversary cake from this company next year.
    Lindsey Married on 04/09/2016
    The cake was so delicious and the color matched perfectly! It was just as we envisioned and it received many guest compliments. Shawna was responsive, flexible, and clearly passionate about her work. Sweet Creations was just such a pleasure to work with and even though we had to drive from DC to Manassas for the tasting, it was so, so worth it! Highly recommend!

Sweet Creations Cakes's reply:

Thanks so much, Lindsey! It was a pleasure to work you too!
  • User2426367 2+ years ago
    We researched several cake places, and Sweet Creations was instantly friendly and professional. When we went to taste cakes, we were impressed by the presentation and the flavors, and they even had styrofoam models to show us exactly how big each cake layer would be. They were patient and very nice as we decided what we wanted. On the day of the wedding, they delivered the cake on time, and it was exactly what we had asked for - it looked great and tasted fantastic!
    Amy Married on 10/03/2015
    Our wedding cake was the best cake I've ever had, ever! We worked with Shawna and her husband to design our cake and choose from their amazing flavors of icing, filling, and cake. They produced a 3-tiered cake where each slice was half vanilla and half chocolate with a different filling for each tier. They even added a design later in the planning stage as a surprise to my husband, and all within our budget! We didn't freeze our top layer because we ate all of the cake, but plan on getting another cake from Sweet Creations for our anniversary!
  • User2265917 2+ years ago
    Sweet Creations Cakes and Shawna were an absolute pleasure to work with! We had such a blast visiting the first time for cake tasting and discussion on our wedding cake dreams. They were very easy to work with and provided great feedback to help us create the perfect cake for our big day! We are especially thankful for the prompt delivery, setting up of decor for the cake table, and placing fresh flowers we provided onto the cake. It was absolutely beautiful! They also provided the box set for us to save our top tier. Everything ran very smoothly, and it was wonderful having them deliver and take something off of my shoulders for the day!
    Brad Married on 06/13/2015
    Shawna did a wonderful job creating the cake I envisioned! Her prices are reasonable and the strawberry/vanilla cake is amazing. We received tons of compliments. Sweet Creations Cakes is a great find!
    Andrea Married on 04/25/2015
    The cake was absolutely amazing! It was all worth the money paid. We did different flavors for each teir. We are so happy we chose Sweet Creations Cakes. Our guest really loved the cake and the decorations. We would choose them again for any other occasion.
  • Kathryn
    Kathryn Married on 03/28/2015
    Shawna and her husband were such a pleasure to work with. I really have no complaints! The cake turned out gorgeous - very elegant, just the way I wanted it. The wedding went by so quickly that I didn't even get to eat a slice, besides what I had when we cut the cake! Fortunately, we saved our top layer. I'm already looking forward to eating it on our one-year anniversary. :)

Shawna provided us with a beautiful cake at a very reasonable priced that tasted delicious - what more could you ask for?