88 Reviews for Sweet Creations Cakes

Setup (8)
Groom's Cake (2)
Cupcakes (1)
88 Sweet Creations Cakes Reviews

AMAZING! I had other tastings scheduled but after meeting with Shawna, I cancelled them. Every flavor that we tried was so good that it was hard to decide on our wedding cake flavors. They are reasonably priced, easy and fun to work with, and everyone was over the moon about how good the cakes were. We ordered a wedding cake (I do not have the professional photos yet) and a grooms cake (pictured). Easiest wedding planning decision we made!

Profile Picture Claire, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Groom's Cake

AMAZING!
Shawna did my wedding cake & it was absolutely perfect! We have received so many compliments about how tasty and beautiful the cake was! I plan on coming to Sweet Creations Cakes for all of my future cake needs!

Profile Picture Veronique, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Loved our cake! Incredibly delicious. We couldn't choose between chocolate + nutella and vanilla + strawberry, so she did both on alternating layers.

Profile Picture Ericka, 10/1/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

We couldn't have been happier with Sweet Creations Cakes! Sweet Creations was not the first cake vendor that we tried, but, hands-down, my husband and I were so glad that we found Shawna. Not only is Shawna incredibly responsive, very easy to work with, and so accommodating, but her cakes are absolutely dynamite! The uniqueness of the cake flavors, the quality of the cake itself, and...oh my goodness...that buttercream frosting made our wedding cake unforgettable! We could not have been happier with our experience!

Profile Picture Leanne, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We were very pleased with the outcome, our cake was beautiful and tasted great! The whole process from ordering to the actual delivery was easy and stress free.

Profile Picture michel , 11/17/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I highly recommend Sweet Creations Cakes to DC area brides. Our wedding cake was beautiful, and guests kept raving about how delicious it was. Working and communicating with Shawna could not have been easier. Her pricing is very reasonable and straightforward. Once we confirmed the look and flavors of the cake, I put her in touch with my venue coordinator and did not have to worry about a single thing from that point. We took home our top tier and I put it in the freezer after following the clear instructions on the box. Only 356 days until we can open it! Thank you Shawna :)

Profile Picture Charlene, 7/30/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Setup

My husband and I worked with Sweet Creations for both our wedding cake as well as a surprise groom's cake and I cannot recommend them enough. During our cake tasting, we were able to get a feel for the spectrum of flavors and textures that were available to us and we also had an opportunity for a fully in depth conversation with the owners, Shawna and Rand. Not only did this discussion convince us that they understood (and cared about!) the Art Deco theme of our wedding, but we knew that we were working with two extremely passionate and gifted artists. In the months that followed, I ended up working with them on a separate, Steampunk themed cake for our wedding rehearsal dinner as well.

The end result was nothing short of magical. I have professional bakers in my family and even they lost their minds over how amazing both of the cakes were that Sweet Creations prepared. Not only was each cake was completely unique and absolutely gorgeous, but the tastes were truly out of this world. My husband and I cannot *wait* to order an anniversary cake from this company next year.

Profile Picture Julie, 7/16/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Groom's Cake

The cake was so delicious and the color matched perfectly! It was just as we envisioned and it received many guest compliments. Shawna was responsive, flexible, and clearly passionate about her work. Sweet Creations was just such a pleasure to work with and even though we had to drive from DC to Manassas for the tasting, it was so, so worth it! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 4/9/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We researched several cake places, and Sweet Creations was instantly friendly and professional. When we went to taste cakes, we were impressed by the presentation and the flavors, and they even had styrofoam models to show us exactly how big each cake layer would be. They were patient and very nice as we decided what we wanted. On the day of the wedding, they delivered the cake on time, and it was exactly what we had asked for - it looked great and tasted fantastic!

Profile Picture Susan, 10/25/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

Our wedding cake was the best cake I've ever had, ever! We worked with Shawna and her husband to design our cake and choose from their amazing flavors of icing, filling, and cake. They produced a 3-tiered cake where each slice was half vanilla and half chocolate with a different filling for each tier. They even added a design later in the planning stage as a surprise to my husband, and all within our budget! We didn't freeze our top layer because we ate all of the cake, but plan on getting another cake from Sweet Creations for our anniversary!

Profile Picture Amy, 10/3/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Sweet Creations Cakes and Shawna were an absolute pleasure to work with! We had such a blast visiting the first time for cake tasting and discussion on our wedding cake dreams. They were very easy to work with and provided great feedback to help us create the perfect cake for our big day! We are especially thankful for the prompt delivery, setting up of decor for the cake table, and placing fresh flowers we provided onto the cake. It was absolutely beautiful! They also provided the box set for us to save our top tier. Everything ran very smoothly, and it was wonderful having them deliver and take something off of my shoulders for the day!

Profile Picture Brittney, 7/10/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Shawna did a wonderful job creating the cake I envisioned! Her prices are reasonable and the strawberry/vanilla cake is amazing. We received tons of compliments. Sweet Creations Cakes is a great find!

Profile Picture Brad, 6/13/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was absolutely amazing! It was all worth the money paid. We did different flavors for each teir. We are so happy we chose Sweet Creations Cakes. Our guest really loved the cake and the decorations. We would choose them again for any other occasion.

Profile Picture Andrea, 4/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Shawna and her husband were such a pleasure to work with. I really have no complaints! The cake turned out gorgeous - very elegant, just the way I wanted it. The wedding went by so quickly that I didn't even get to eat a slice, besides what I had when we cut the cake! Fortunately, we saved our top layer. I'm already looking forward to eating it on our one-year anniversary. :)

Shawna provided us with a beautiful cake at a very reasonable priced that tasted delicious - what more could you ask for?

Profile Picture Kathryn, 3/28/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

If I could give a perfect score of 10.....I would!! Shawna, made the best tasting cake for our wedding. There was NO cake left and I ensured her that my husband and I will be using her for other occasions. Shawna you are the best and may God continue to bless you and your business.

Profile Picture User4256251, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We loved everything about our wedding cake! At our trial with Shawna, it was so hard to choose which flavors we wanted because they all tasted so good, but we were able to choose different flavors for each tier, and our cake on our wedding day was even more moist and delicious than at the trial! The fondant she used was also the best-tasting fondant we have ever had. Not only was the cake delicious, but it also looked absolutely gorgeous with the sugar rose and cascading petals. We highly recommend Shawna and Sweet Creations Cakes!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/31/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Shawna is extremely professional and talented! She worked with me to custom create a design that really fit the theme of my wedding. Her cake is delicious and her icings (including her edible fondant) are superb! Yum! Highly recommend her!!!

Profile Picture Heather, 5/24/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Shawna was great! The cake was exactly what we wanted, I only wish I had time to eat more! I loved all of her flavor choices. We chose three. One was a vanilla cake with strawberry filling, almond cake with raspberry filling, and our top layer was funfetti! She was flexible, and very responsive to emails or calls. She was soooo nice and had tons of pictures of her own work and different ideas, cake shapes and sizes on display so you really got a good idea of what you were ordering!

Profile Picture User2899592, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was beautiful and delicious! We highly recommend!

Profile Picture Tara, 5/24/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

In the midst of all the activities going on on our wedding day, I had not seen what any of the decorations and cake looked like when everything was pulled together for the reception. As soon as I walked into the reception and saw the cake for the first time, my jaw dropped. I was in complete awe with how it looked. It looked EXACTLY like the picture I gave her with an edible cascading flower down the side of the cake. Absolutely stunning. Thank you Shawna!!!

Profile Picture Lily, 5/3/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Shawna was great to work with and her cakes are delicious! My cake was exactly how I pictured it and I loved every bite! I got three layers (one was chocolate and vanilla with cream filling, the other was yellow cake with strawberry filling, and the top layer was carrot with cream cheese filling) all of which was so yummy!

Profile Picture User3283021, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Shawna is so talented! Her cakes are delicious and beautiful and her prices are extremely reasonable (the lowest I saw!). Our cake looked exactly as we planned and tasted amazing. My husband and parents weren't able to make the tasting so when they were all in town I bought a bunch of sample cakes from her ($5 per sample cake and we requested exactly what flavors, fillings, and frosting we wanted for each). They were so delicious and it was great to be able to share the cakes with them even though we had already had the official tasting. We were able to do a different flavor with different fillings for each layer of our wedding cake and she was so flexible with us for any changes we wanted to make. She was a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend her for anyone looking for a baker for their wedding cake!

Profile Picture Mary, 12/28/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Shawna's cakes are delicious and prices are competitive. I really don't liek the taste of fondant but I like the way it looks so I was concerned about having it on my cake. To my surprise, the fondant she used on our cake was actually ok, didn't taste pastey. The decorations were beautiful and just what I envisioned, so pleased with the cake. Shawna was easy to work with and very responsive to all my inquiries.

Profile Picture User3764380, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Shawna was absolutely fabulous! Our cake was gorgeous and beyond our expectations. Everyone raved about how beautiful the cake was and how delicious the autumn spice cake with cream cheese filling was, which was perfect for our fall themed wedding. Our wedding coordinator said she even arrived early, which was great, just very reliable. She really was so easy to work with and was well within our budget, I could not have asked for anything more.
Thank you so much Shawna!!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 11/16/13, 3 Reviews