Saucy By Nature Reviews

44 | Brooklyn, NY

44 Reviews for Saucy By Nature

Amy · Married on 04/24/2017

Saucy by Nature is a fantastic catering company to work with from a business, logistical and food perspective. For our wedding, we worked directly with Przemek (owner and chef) and would not hesitate to recommend using his catering company for any event. The catering RFP process can be grueling with lots of back and forth, but not so with Saucy by Nature. Right from the beginning Przemek was transparent and clear with pricing details. During our tasting, we were even more delighted to discover that his food is delicious and original! We wanted to serve untraditional wedding food and were happy to find that he had creative options from his menu. Also, his company ethos for globally influenced food with local, fresh ingredients matched our beliefs. From a logistical and planning standpoint, Przemek gave us confidence in his work as he helped us coordinate rentals and was very detail oriented, organized and prompt in responses. While Przemek had never worked in our venue before, on our wedding day everything was seamless with food and rental set-up. Lots of our guests raved about the food. His staff even packed up leftover foods reusing boxes and containers so that nothing was wasted. If we had another catered event, we would definitely go straight to Saucy by Nature.

Sent on 05/01/2017

Susan · event on: 11/15/2016

Przemek is a perfectionist, and is extremely organized, yet is very easy to work with. His staff were all incredibly helpful and were genuinely wonderful people that we enjoyed. We appreciated their professionalism, as well as the delicious and beautifully presented food. In short, they made our event a smashing success.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Mary · Married on 04/23/2016

After the tasting at his restaurant, there was no doubt that my husband and I were going to book with Saucy by Nature. Przemek was super friendly and welcoming. It was so hard to decide on a final menu since there were so many delicious choices.

When my husband asked Przemek if we could incorporate pierogis in to our cocktail hour, he lit up. He loved the idea of doing a pierogi bar. It was wonderful knowing that someone was as excited about this idea as we were. He was very willing to add that personal touch to our wedding.

All along the way, Przemek was super helpful. It was clear that he was very detail oriented. He ensured that we made the most of our appointment at the rental company's showroom. No details were missed when it came to the catering at our wedding.

All the food was amazing! Even some of our toughest to please guests were raving about his food. At the end of the evening, anything that wasn't finished, he packed up for us to bring home. Nothing went to waste! Unfortunately there weren't any doughnuts left since the guests ate them all up! Same for the pierogis!

We loved working with Przemek. Know that you are in good hands with him.

Sent on 08/19/2016

Lydia · event on: 12/15/2015

Couldn't recommend higher.

Saucy by Nature catered our office Holiday Party. In addition to the food being awesome (seriously, people were still talking about it in the office the next day!), the details were handled beautifully. Shayla is a great on site point person, I was actually able to enjoy the party because I knew she had the logistics under control. In addition, after shopping around for a few price quotes they were beyond reasonable and I can't believe the quality of product and service we got. Will use again.

Sent on 12/22/2015

christine · event on: 12/09/2015

Saucy was incredible. I was in charge of my company's holiday party of 35 people, and Saucy was the featured caterer. Everything was done with such professionalism and care. They provided great consulting leading up t to the event in terms of menu options. We did the floating dinner which was enough food and also had a full bar - we bought the liquor and they provided everything else. Food was delicious and fresh and presented very attractivly. They also provided enough waiters who made sure everyone was fed and a really awesome bartender who was able to make a super delicious custom drink for us. Everyone was so friendly and helpful - they set everything up super quick, managed the whole thing on their own. I asked to add on 40 champagne flutes last minute and they made it happen with a smile. Everything was just...perfect. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Will definitely use again and again.

Sent on 12/30/2015
  • I

Irene · Married on 11/21/2015

Saucy by Nature did a great job catering our wedding!
    We met Prezmek and loved his approach to food, and their Floating Supper option worked well for our venue so we booked them.
    Shayla was our point person and she was always quick to respond to emails/calls and walked us through the decisions we needed to make about rentals as the wedding date approached.
    Shayla was great to work with and we never worried about her and her team pulling it off.
    The food was delicious and there were lots of compliments about the food from guests. We highly recommend Saucy!

Sent on 12/08/2015

J · event on: 11/12/2015

We hired Saucy by Nature because we wanted a locally-minded, environmentally conscious caterer in keeping with our corporate values. We were pleased with their service before and during our VIP event and plan to hire them again.

Sent on 11/16/2015
  • User5504486 · event on: 09/30/2015

Shayla was wonderful! The food was DELICIOUS and the setup was a breeze. I had multiple guests of the event asking who it was catered by because the food was so good. Reasonably priced, too! I highly, highly recommend this company! We will definitely be using Saucy and Shayla again in the future for upcoming events.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Chris · Married on 07/31/2015

Saucy By Nature was simply outstanding. Our whole meal was passed, cocktail style, and guests kept remarking how great the service was.

And the food was incredible! Highlights for me were the quinoa falafel and schnitzel sliders - really fantastic. The ice cream sandwiches were unbelievable as well. My father also made 12 pies for the wedding, and Saucy had no issue with serving them for us.

Przemek and Shayla were exceedingly professional and a real pleasure to work with.

Sent on 08/05/2015

Lori · event on: 07/21/2015

Saucy by Nature provided the catering for a corporate event I ran with over 400 people in attendance. I could not have been happier with the food or service. The team was very receptive to our input before the event and the execution the day of the event was flawless. The menu was really nice and innovative, the food was delicious and it was very plentiful. It was a pleasure to work with them and I look forward to working with them again.

Sent on 07/22/2015

Boo · event on: 05/09/2015

Saucy catered my husband's birthday party on the roof of our Battery Park apartment. We wanted to use someone who was committed to using fresh ingredients to create innovative dishes. After reading the reviews, we went with Saucy and everything was perfect. I'm a stickler for detail, organization and service and their team was simply perfect. The food was prepared fresh right before the party and received numerous positive reviews from all our guests. The team were fantastic, attentive and treated each guest in a warm and friendly manner.

We would use these guys again in a heartbeat and highly recommend!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Joe · event on: 03/07/2015

Saucy by Nature was great to work with all around. They helped me craft my menu and were very easy to communicate with. The chef arrived on time to set up the food and it was a huge hit. I highly recommend the Brisket and the Chicken. Both dishes were devoured! I highly recommend them for their professionalism, promptness, and fresh ingredients.

Sent on 03/15/2015

Emily · Married on 02/14/2015

Saucy by Nature exceeded our expectations in both planning and executing our wedding. They were friendly, flexible and worked with our vision for our wedding and stayed within our budget. The food was amazing and several guests commented on how delicious/quality the food was. The presentation was beautiful and the staff was smiling throughout the event. I would highly recommend Saucy by Nature for any catering event.

Sent on 02/23/2015
  • Z

Zinaria · event on: 02/07/2015

Amazing for small events!
    Saucy by Nature helped me throw the best Pre-baby Party I could have ever imagined. My friends are still talking about that party and how awesome it was. Saucy played a huge role. I was initially concerned because my event was small compared to a wedding (40 people). Other caterers declined or required that I provide the staff, dishes, glasses, and silverware and charged a higher rate.
    The organic, responsibly-sourced, local, and natural ingredients that Saucy uses is what made me contact them. When they told me that they were full service and would provide the staff, the glasses, the plates and compost-ware, I was sold. The food was so delicious. !!Get the slider bar!!! It is phenomenal. The open bar with custom cocktail menu was a mixologist's dream. The staff was friendly and were hipster classy in their uniforms. Saucy set up an hour ahead of the party and cleaned up afterward. Amazing. I was VERY pregnant, so it was so wonderful to just 'show up' and enjoy my party. I will be calling them again for the 1 year birthday party.

Sent on 01/23/2016

Tom · event on: 01/14/2015

Great to work with, from planning through implementation and clean-up. Nice people, good food, nice display.

Sent on 01/19/2015

Seth · event on: 12/06/2014

Another amazing event with Saucy, this time our daughter's baby naming. Amazing brunch options, beautiful presentation and stellar service all at a reasonable price. Thanks again Adolph!

Sent on 01/21/2015

Sarah · Married on 11/29/2014

Przemek (yes, you can pronounce it!) and Shayla were absolutely wonderful. They just catered our wedding at 501 Union in Brooklyn, NY. I heard a lot of people say "best food I have every had at a wedding." What more could you ask for? In the planning process they were organized, friendly and available. On the day of, Shayla was a key asset. She made the entire event run smoothly. I would highly recommend these guys!

Sent on 12/04/2014
  • Kristian

Kristian · Married on 11/23/2014

Saucy by Nature caters great "brooklyn street" food that is fun and delicious!

We first met Chef Przemek (owner) at a "501 Union" open house and immediately fell in love with his food. The food was casual, different, fun and so tasty! We wanted something different other than normal shrimp cocktail, prime rib and dry cake for our wedding. Saucy by Nature was the best catering choice for us! We had an awesome "tasting" in Industry City Bklyn which allowed us to have a better taste of the foods Chef Przemek could offer our wedding.

Everything Saucy by Nature prepared for the wedding was great! Our favorites were the lamb meatballs, Korean Steak Tacos, Tuna Taco Tartar, Bacon Skewers, Spiced Roasted Chicken, Waffles and S'Mores!!!!

The event manager Shayla was also very nice, professional and helpful. She helped us order all our tables, linen, glassware, utensils, chairs, etc. Once we got to the wedding reception she made sure we had a taste of all the food that was served. We did not miss our cocktail because of Shayla. We were the first to be served entrees and dessert. The left over dessert and wedding cake was even nicely packaged for us to take home after the party. Shayla was so accomodating and friendly the whole time!

Saucy by Nature is a great catering service that is unique and personal thanks to Chef Przemek and his employees. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/12/2014

Hilary · Married on 10/18/2014

Saucy by Nature was a big hit at our wedding. From the start, we were impressed with their commitment to serving locally-sourced products and creating catering menus that weren't necessarily typical for weddings. We requested a Mediterranean-themed meal, and our guests were wide-eyed at the delicious grilled vegetables, 3 different types of kebabs, and fish wrapped in parchment paper. Even the salads drew rave reviews from guests, who said things to us like, "This is the first wedding that I've been to where I haven't felt disgusting at the end because of the food." One guest even went home and tried to recreate some of the dishes! Guests were amazed that we had such a variety of choices and that every aspect of the meal was flavorful. We also loved the "Saucy styling," which involved presenting food on beautiful slate and reclaimed wood boards. This decorative touch, as well as the calligrapher-made chalkboard menu, created the right ambiance at our October wedding. Przemek and Shayla were professional and easy to work with throughout the entire process of planning our catering. Przemek, the owner and chef, is an artist in the kitchen. He worked with us directly to tailor the perfect menu for our needs. Both our initial in-person meeting and our tasting included impeccably presented and well-seasoned food. Shayla, Saucy's event coordinator, is professional and affable. Over many months she worked closely with us to choose rentals and ensure that everything would run smoothly at the venue on the day of our wedding. She also worked well with our day-of coordinator, and together they made sure we were not burdened with logistical issues on the day of the wedding. Saucy's emphasis on impressive food and excellent planning make them a terrific choice for any couple planning a wedding in the Brooklyn area.

Sent on 11/30/2014

Leah · event on: 10/14/2014

As an event planner, I can't say enough wonderful things about Saucy by Nature!!! Not only is the food to die for, but every person I encountered from the person who I set up the order with to the day-of manager to the staff were incredibly professional. One of the reasons we chose Saucy over other caterers was because of how on-point and professional they were when we were getting pricing estimates. I would highly recommend Saucy by Nature for any type of event.

Sent on 02/02/2015

Laura · Married on 09/27/2014

We went to Przemek about a month before our wedding (the previous caterers we were going to use were SO disappointing when we had our tasting) and had some doubts about whether or not it would be possible, but once we went to Saucy By Nature's HQ, he restored our faith that we'd be able to get it done. Though we only had a small sampling due to the quick turnaround, everything that we chose came out amazing. Even the wait staff looked the part without overdoing it.

Non-traditional weddings/event is what they excel at and provide an alternative to the traditional, expected wedding events.

Shayla at SBN was always at our beck and call, answering emails fast and offering great advice for saving a few dollars here or switching up something we thought would work but providing a better option. With her experience she had insight setting up the event and what would and wouldn't work, but still keeping in mind our vision.

Overall, it felt like working with good friends and they never made it seem like a business that was just in it for the money. It made fast wedding planning manageable and exciting.

AND the food was amazing, honestly, we wished we could've had more. Our guests continue to praise the food choices and the eclectic variety of options. We will definitely be using them again!

Sent on 11/21/2014
  • User4469974 · event on: 09/24/2014

We've had the privilege of working with the Saucy by Nature team for two workshops, and each time we were very impressed by the unique spreads—we were proud serve lunch to our group!

With a sweet staff and thoughtful presentation, we've felt like the lunch they catered was as adorable as it was tasty, and we've looked forward to seeing them each day. The brown butter cookie with salted caramel and coffee ice cream sandwiches were a particular hit!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Jennifer · event on: 09/06/2014

This was the 2nd time our company booked Saucy by Nature and everyone was blown away with the quality of food, freshness of ingredients, beautiful presentation, and inventive menu. They are very professional and a pleasure to work with. By far the best catering I have experienced. We hope to book you for all of our future events!

Sent on 09/10/2014

Patricia · event on: 08/05/2014

Saucy By Nature was amazing before and during the night of our event. They came up with an amazing menu for us and the food did not disappoint. In fact, it exceeded our expectations. Everything was fresh and beautifully plated and their presentation was beautiful. Easy to work with, pleasant and responsive, I would recommend them for any event!

Sent on 08/08/2014

Beth · Married on 07/12/2014

Planning a NYC wedding in four months is no easy task - as we now know from experience - but thankfully we were lucky enough to find and contact Saucy by Nature.

From the beginning, Przemek and Shayla were patient, helpful, and willing to accommodate all our special requests - from helping us design the perfect ice cream sandwich to serving my homemade wedding cake without reservation.

After all is said and done, however, what REALLY matters is the food, right? That was where Saucy excelled the most. Somehow they made a slider bar and taco bar combo look classy. The appetizers were detectible and the desserts were really tasty! Ice cream sandwiches? Sold! We're still hearing rave reviews from our guests about the delicious food and friendly staff!

Last but not least, the price was extremely fair. If you go with Saucy by Nature, your food will be memorable and you will have no regrets!

PS: The private tasting was awesome! Definitely a highlight from our wedding planning. Thanks, guys!

Sent on 09/30/2014