Santa Barbara Wine Country Weddings & Events Reviews

14 | Santa Barbara, CA

14 Reviews for Santa Barbara Wine Country Weddings & Events

Deena · Married on 09/08/2013

Kerry is a ROCK STAR wedding coordinator!!!!! I never thought I really needed this "month-out" service but Firestone Vineyards demanded we hire a wedding coordinator for that duration...and boy were they on point! They recommended Kerry Lee and she did NOT disappoint!!! Every detail was attended to --she made it seem easy--and was so professional with freat humor and charm...al we had to do was show up and enjoy ourselves! To say we adored this woman is putting it mildly...and her assistant Bobbi was a gem as well. One thing that is VERY IMPORTANT...everything works really well when your major vendors have worked together before ...Firestone, Kery Lee, Pure Joy Catering, Passion Flowers, and LBPS Sound really worked togethera as a finely tuned team!

Sent on 09/22/2013

Mira · Married on 04/14/2012

Kerry Lee is such a pleasure to work with. I used her "month-of" wedding coordination services and I can't even begin to express how wonderful they were for my recent wedding. She is supremely organized and professional, but at the same time incredibly kind and caring. It was originally forecasted to rain for my wedding and it did rain for our rehearsal, but she had a wonderful plan in place that we used for the rehearsal along with a rain plan for the wedding that we didn’t need. My whole family was incredibly impressed with her and on my wedding day I didn’t have a thing to worry about and just got to enjoy the day. If you are looking for a wedding coordinator in Santa Barbara I really recommend Kerry Lee. She will help make your wedding a complete success.

Sent on 04/19/2012

Dominique · Married on 05/15/2011

Kerry Lee Dickey was amazing! She was on top of everything, not only the day of my wedding but also for the year leading up to the wedding. There was never a point where I could not get a straight answer from her about anything. She answered all of my emails in a timely and professional manner. She helped me stay put together on the day of the wedding. She made sure everything was just te way my husband and I picked out the day of the wedding. She provided my family and vendors with a timeline and kept them all on track the day of the wedding. I could not have asked for a better wedding planner! I would recommend Santa Barbara Wine Country Wedding and Events to anyone who is planning a wedding. They are amazing!

Sent on 05/30/2011

Leslie · Married on 10/23/2010

Kerry Lee was wonderful. I don't know what I would have done without her. The week before the wedding, the weather forecast called for rain - my biggest fear for our outdoor vineyard wedding was coming true. But I didn't have time to even shed a tear before Kerry Lee emailed me with a fabulous backup plan that preserved our vision for the wedding and stayed within our budget. Luckily, it didn't rain, and Kerry Lee made sure everything went off without a hitch. Not to mention that she's so much fun to work with and makes you feel like you are her only client!

Sent on 02/23/2011

Emily · Married on 08/28/2010

I LOVED our wedding planner. At first I was irritated with the requests, but on the day of I could not have made it without Kerry Lee or her associate.

They were professional to a T. I had forgot to give them placecards for the head table and Kerry ran out and apologized to me profousely. It was a great company to work with and WELL worth the money. Expensive, but you get your moneys worth.

Sent on 09/15/2010

Santa Barbara Wine Country Weddings & Events's reply:

It was a pleasure working with this couple - especially the bride and her mom, who were a tight team. Yes, part of my client's contractual obligation is to complete all their wedding planning and answer a questionnaire I provide for "day of" services and without this, I cannot implement their day. Some find this a bother - but it's all spelled out up front before they hire our services and after 500 weddings and now a trainer to the industry, the information the client provides us is paramount to implementing their day and wishes. Especially when we have not been involved with the whole planning process and are just "day of". This Gainey wedding was a delight and the bride, groom and their families a true pleasure.

Jennie · Married on 07/10/2010

Kerry Lee was exceedingly professional, incredibly on top of her duties and went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that our day went flawlessly. She was attune to the needs of my family members during the rehearsal and the ceremony, she made sure that things ran smoothly, and she calmed my nerves before the big day. She is, quite simply, the best. I have received numerous requests from guests for information about Kerry Lee and her team. They welcomed people, were available to answer any questions I had, my mother had or our guests had on the day-of. Most importantly, our other vendors loved working with her. In particular, our out-of-town photographer commented on what a professional, dynamic and wonderful team Santa Barbara Wine Country Weddings is -- and she had never worked with them before! Kerry Lee and her team executed my vision perfectly, and I would work with them all over again. I cannot recommend their services enough.

Sent on 11/09/2010

Lisa · Married on 06/13/2009

I had been to at least 6 events and weddings planned by Santa Barbara Wine Country Weddings prior to planning my own wedding. Every event I have been to has been fabulous! Every detail is attended to and a wonderful time is had by all. When it came time to plan my own wedding, I naturally chose SBWCW because I wanted the best! My event was a dream come true. Kerry Dickey was such a comfort to me on a stressful day and the whole event went off without a hitch. I can't recommend SBWDW enough!!

Janey · Married on 08/08/2008

Kerry Lee is the most amazing wedding planner! Kerry Lee is genuine, caring, professional and responsive. She was one of the greatest assets to our wedding day. We couldn't have done it without her. And quite frankly, wouldn't want to imagine our wedding day without her there - because in the end, she was more of friend than hired help.

What I love the most about Kerry Lee is, she listens. I had a very specific, intimate wedding in mind and she helped me pull off every detail and vision. She was so in tune to us as a couple that she truly shared in our vision and made it a reality. She was always available through email and was amazing at helping me with the smallest details.

Our day ran so smoothly - almost effortlessly. Our family, friends and vendors all loved working with her on the wedding day. I am truly to blessed to have found someone who takes such pride in what they do. Her work is always done with enthusiasm and joy! She would be a blessing to any event.

Janey Strong

Sent on 08/30/2009

A · Married on 04/04/2005

I have assisted SB Wine Country Wedding and Events with many weddings and have only had the best experiences.
    I have personally been a part of day-of events and watched this planner work meticulously and gracefully with all parties involved. This planner has mentored and taught me invaluable tools and skills to use in the event planning industry and I would highly recommend her services to anyone!

Geraldine · Married on 11/23/2002

Absolutely fantastic experience! Professional, Courteous and Fun! It's been almost seven years since I met Kerry Lee and I still use her services and recommend it to others as her company does other events (besides weddings).

Cynthia · Married on 09/19/1989

I highly recommend Santa Barbara Wine Country Weddings & Events, and specifically Kerry Lee Dickey. As a matter of fact, for all future events she will be the only one we ever hire!

She helped me with an event for over 100 people. It went perfectly thanks to her. She was very professional and highly organized. I was so impressed with how even the smallest details were taken care of perfectly.

Kerry Lee Dickey was also very gracious and wonderful to work with! She was very kind and patient and helped me not to be so stressed about everything. She was a wonderful listener and really helped me to clarify my ideas and bring them to fruition.

And besides all this, at the event she brought a sense of joy and warmth that we would not have had otherwise. Everyone loved her!!

Kendall · Married on 09/09/2001

Kerry Dickey helped me plan my wedding in Santa Barbara while I was living on the East Coast. She kept track of every detail and was so supportive, I couldn't have done it without her. She managed all the big details (catering, flowers, timing, crowd control, etc.) to the small things (she made me cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off because she knew that brides very rarely get to eat at their own weddings, and that this was a sandwich that wouldn't stain my dress if I spilled -- which I did!). I couldn't more highly recommend her services.

Sent on 08/31/2009

Stephanie · Married on 08/01/2009

0.6
      1.0
      1.0
      0.0

Kerry Lee turned out to be more work than help. We only met with her once in person, despite the fact that our contract was supposed to include a final walk-through of our wedding site as well. The final walk-through would have helped considering our tent ended up in the wrong place (something we expected the wedding planner to have under control). There were a number of other mistakes that happened throughout the evening that we expected our wedding planner to handle for us, but she didn't. She also has difficulty balancing loyalty to her clients and loyalty to those vendors that she puts in a good word for, and ended up not supporting our interests at all when we had difficulties with other vendors that she recommended. We realized later that she charged us for the entirely wrong contract, and then blocked our email address when the wedding was over so she wouldn't have to deal with it.

Sent on 11/01/2009

Santa Barbara Wine Country Weddings & Events's reply:

Unfortunately this reviewer was not even my client - her mother was. All planning & communication was with her mother ( "Design Tree" - the review below this one). Both the author of this post and her mother are under a "cease and desist" order from legal counsel for fraudulent posting.

Nancy · Married on 08/01/2009

0.0

This person was chosen as a "Month-of" wedding Coordinator. I was required by my venue to have her on location the day of the wedding, and chose her from a list given to me by my venue representative. She was eager for my business a year before the wedding so I thought I would contract with her. I was very disappointed in the outcome. While I needed her help in wrapping up details with two problem vendors (catering and lighting) highly recommended by her, she seemed pre-occupied with arcane details, such as how many vendor meals I should provide, and suggesting to me that, rather than worry about obvious serious problems in the weeks before the wedding, I should "get a massage" and relax. In particular, she was to supervise the location of a canopy and escort card table; these were placed nowhere near the specified locations, and the escort card table was set up backwards. She incorrectly over-billed me for my final payment (due ahead of the event, as with most vendors), and when, after the event, I emailed her to say that I was disappointed in both of the previously mentioned vendors, her response was to block any future emails from me. Very unprofessional, in spite of the glowing comments on her website.

Sent on 08/28/2009