Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events Reviews

66 | Tacoma, WA

66 Reviews for Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events

• Tina

Tina Barr · Married on 05/08/2020

Wonderful experience & so helpful!!

We absolutely loved working with Debbie for our wedding. Debbie was our Day of Coordinator but her services extended much further than just our wedding day! We were in communication for about 4 months before the wedding and she was always available to help us with any questions. Her responses were always very timely and professional. Debbie also provided really helpful decor lists and a comprehensive timeline so we could tell if we were on track with our planning. She always asked us a lot of questions that we wouldn't have even thought of - no small detail was overlooked.

Overall, we really loved working with Debbie and would highly recommend her services.

Sent on 12/23/2019

Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you Tina for your VERY kind words about my wedding services! I truly appreciate it. Tina, it was a real honor to work with you and Madison! As a bride to be you already had in mind how you wanted your wedding day to look and feel. So working with you and watching your dream wedding unfold, was truly magical!!
    Wishing you and Madison the VERY Best.
    Please keep in touch.
  • Amanda

Amanda Hurlbert · Married on 08/31/2019

Absolutely Amazing

Debbie was absolutely amazing! She was a calming force throughout the planning process and provided me with many great ideas. She asked all of the right questions through the process even about things I never would have thought about. She came up with the perfect day of schedule and kept it all on track, the day went off without a hitch. I cannot recommend Debbie enough. Seriously worth every penny and just an absolute joy to work with!!

Sent on 09/02/2019

Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you Amanda for your very kind words! It was a pleasure working with on your detailed Destination Wedding here in Seattle while you live in Florida! It was an honor to be part of your beautiful wedding day & watch all your guest dancing the night away with live music from the band. I don't think anyone wanted to go home!
    Wishing you all the Happiness!

Jacqueline · Married on 08/24/2019

Indispensable Day of Planner

We had a non traditional wedding party with no formal ceremony, and I needed someone to keep things running smoothly the day of. Debbie's guidance in planning the event was indispensable. She helped me with the overall plan and the minutiae i.e. discussing wedding favor ideas, confirming the cadence of the event, handling vendor communication and finally, keeping the event on track. I would not have had such a great event without her!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you Jacque for your very kind words about my services. It truly was a pleasure working with you in planning your wedding party! Even though you lived out of state while planning, we had great communication via email and phone calls. It was an honor to witness your family & friends coming together to celebrate your grand night! Please keep in touch!

Wishing you Love & Happiness!!

Mona Watson · Married on 06/21/2019

We Picked The Best Wedding Planner!

Debbie was great- from our first meeting to Wedding Day, everything went smoothly. She adds more than just Day of Wedding Assistance. Also gave us advice on speeches, music, cake cutting, decorations, hair/makeup, bridal party and groom activities for day of. She didn't change our plans, but gave us gentle advice, suggestions and answered questions. Made a timeline and kept us current on changes. She made planning the wedding actually easier than we thought and were actually able to enjoy ourselves. Wedding Day was unforgettable. Everything came together as we had planned - like magic. We were very pleased with Debbie and her great assistant Sheri. These ladies have great, calming personalities with a dash of sparkle! The bride, groom, my husband and I were very happy. We made the right decision to have Ruby Red Shoes on our team! You'll be glad you chose them too!

Sent on 07/03/2019

Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you Mona for your wonderful review on our "Peace of Mind Wedding Day Services."
    It was an honor to be part of Anna & Michael wedding day, and a joy to work with you & your family during your planning process. We're happy to hear we were able to assist you with helpful answers during your wedding planning process and provided Peace of Mind Services on Wedding Day.

Thank you again for your very kind words on our services!

Wishing Anna & Michael the VERY BEST!!

Jana Russell · Married on 08/25/2018

Debbie is amazing!

Debbie was so great to work with! She was flexible meeting in advance to get an idea of what we wanted and really took on more than just day of services. This gave us peace of mind on our wedding day knowing everything would be taken care of. Debbie knows this is a big day not only for the bride and groom but for the families too. She made sure all the details were in place so our family and wedding party could relax and enjoy too!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you Jana for your very kind words on our wedding services. We do take pride in listening & creating a wedding day that you've been dreaming of. You and Justin wanted family & friends to have a day of celebration at your wedding, and that's what we love to provide a day of celebrating without you, family or friends worrying about the wedding day details. It was a pleasure working with you.

Wishing you the Best!

Sam · Married on 08/04/2018

Debbie did an excellent job at coordinating my wedding before and the wedding day. I was very impressed with her professionalism and her communication methods as she was always keeping me updated on things going on with the wedding and with vendors. She made an event that’s usually stressful for the bride, non stressful at all! Debbie is an excellent planner and I highly recommend you hire her.

Sent on 08/23/2018

Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you Sammie for your time in writing a review and most of all your kind words about my wedding day coordination services. It does take communication with the whole team of vendors to unfold a stress free wedding day! Sammie, it was a true honor to work with you & Jim through your wedding planning and too witness your beautiful wedding day.
    Wishing you Love & Happiness! Debbie

Debi · Married on 08/04/2018

As the mother of the groom I was so pleasantly surprised that I was included in all the details leading up to the big day.
    I was able to enjoy every single moment of that day because Debbie took care of everything. I was told you don't need a wedding planner but let me assure you, you do! So many last minute details were addressed quickly & efficiently. You will be so thankful you hired Debbie McNairy.

Sent on 08/28/2018

Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you Debi for your very kind review as Mother of the Groom! It was my pleasure to keep you in the loop of Sammie & Jim's wedding day plans. I feel families need to know all the details planned for the wedding day, so you can relax and enjoy the full day.
    I appreciate your time in writing a review.
    Thank you! Debbie
  • Y

Yinan · Married on 06/02/2018

Debbie is awesome. She is sweet and very detail-oriented. She helps the bride to figure out the best plan and provides lots of sweet ideas to make the wedding special. She takes care of everything during the big day, so the bride can just relax and enjoy the day.

Sent on 06/08/2018

Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you Yinan for your wonderful review on my service. Yinan, it was a pleasure working with you throughout your wedding planning process & witnessing your amazing wedding day. I'm thrilled that you were able to enjoy every moment of your wedding day without worrying about wedding details.

Hannah · Married on 05/26/2018

I give all the credit to Debbie for making our wedding day a beautiful and happy event. She took all of the details and designs we discussed throughout the planning stage and executed them with perfection and care. I'm so pleased and grateful to Debbie for her coordinating services. Although it was a hectic and frenzied day for our family and us, she was composed, organized, and in-charge of the entire day. At first, I was constantly checking in with her about vendors, details, etc....but once I realized she had everything under control, I relaxed and enjoyed myself. We literally did not have to worry about a thing with Debbie's presence. We all felt like guests at our own wedding. If there were any issues, we had no idea...that's awesome!!! There was one minor issue of guests starting to leave before our grand exit with sparklers, so Debbie came up with a great solution to move it up on our timeline and our evening ended with a magnificent photo op! The whole day was so special!! I could not have pulled it off without Debbie and wouldn't change a thing.

It was a pleasure collaborating with Debbie. She brought her years of wedding industry experience and ensured we covered all of our bases...both the essential and seemingly less important things. She was professional, dedicated, reliable, detailed, and passionate about meeting our expectations. She really took care of us through all the stages. She even connected us with a wonderful florist for our floral needs. More importantly, she was warm, friendly, poised, and calm, which I feel had a significant part in keeping me calm and stress-free. I highly recommend her to couples!! She will be there for you every step of the way, and make sure you and your guests enjoy a lovely and special wedding day!! Thank you very much, Debbie!!!! A+ and million stars!!!!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events's reply:

Wow...what a fabulous review Hannah...thank you for your VERY kind words on my wedding services! I truly enjoy working with you and Moro during wedding planning process all the way to the end of their reception!
    I'm honored that we were apart of your beautiful wedding plans & witness your full day of celebration with family and all your friends.

clara · Married on 07/26/2017

We love Debbie. She responds to our message quickly and she is always there with us. She is tremendously helpful not only on wedding day but also throughout planning process. Debbie will take good care of you. Just hire her.

Sent on 08/17/2017

Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you Clara for taking time in writing a very nice review about my wedding services. It was honor to work with you throughout your wedding planning process and witness your amazing wedding at the Thornewood Castle. Wishing you and James the VERY BEST!

Maria · Married on 07/14/2017

Debbie's services were invaluable and she is worth her weight in gold. She took a big burden off my shoulders as the mother of the bride. It is such a busy day full of endless details and having Debbie and her team to assist helped out family enjoy the day too. I highly recommend Ruby Red Wedding and Events for your wedding and having her team present will enhance your wedding experience, like it did ours!!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events's reply:

Maria, thank you so much for your wonderful review on my wedding services. It was a pleasure to be able to assist you, Amelia & Brian through their wedding planning process and witness their beautiful wedding day unfold. Yes, there are a lot of details that go on behind the scene on a wedding event. I'm thrilled that you felt we took the burden off your shoulders and you were able to be a guest at your daughter's wedding. I'm honored to have been a part of your special day and thank you for your wonderful review! Sincerely Debbie

Crystal · Married on 08/28/2016

We loved Debbie! An extraordinary event planner, attentive to our needs and wants and knew just what to do to make it happen! She really brought our vision to life at Delille Cellar's in Woodinville, and made sure to contact all the vendors if we needed something. Very good communication, with texting, calling, and e-mail and also meeting in person. She does not miss a beat - very well organized - comes prepared with a printed sheet of all the things to think about and at the rehearsal, same thing a printed itinerary to all the wedding party so no one is left out. She is warm, compassionate and very attentive to detail. Truly wants to make your wedding day the most special day of your life! Also, the day of, she brought her "adult" daughter to help her make sure things ran smoothly-great team! She exemplifies sheer love for her career, which make her stand out from others in her profession! I would hire Debbie again in a heart beat!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you Crystal for your very kind words on my wedding planning services! It was an honor working with you & Aaron as we planned your beautiful wedding at DeLille Cellars. It was a thrilled watching you and Arron become Mr. & Mrs. and witnessing your celebration of love with your family & friends. Wishing you Love & Happiness...Debbie

Sarah · Married on 08/20/2016

Debbie was a blessing during my wedding planning. I was planning a wedding at the Sagamore and live in Florida. Debbie helped with every step of the planning and would go above and beyond to make all my wedding dreams come true. During the day of the event, there were some issues that were related to the Sagamore; Debbie quickly fixed all of them and was calming and empathetic when I was a complete bridezilla to be around. Debbie wont just your wedding planner. She will be the bridesmaid/friend that everyone needs on the day of the event. Not sure how I would have made it without her.

Sent on 08/26/2016

Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you Sarah for your very kind words on my wedding planning services. It was a thrill & honor planning your dream destination wedding with you!
    Sarah you communicated that your vision was to have a full wedding weekend of celebration with family & friends arriving from several different states and many from Sweden too. So the planning begun from selecting top star vendors, creating room-blocks, planning a Welcome Party Cruise, Rehearsal Dinner, Persian Wedding Ceremony, amazing Reception with an After Party of course! Yes, as you mentioned a few things happened at venue, that were resolved behind the scenes, this is my motto.. That every wedding couple feels like a guest at their own wedding, we take care of things behind the scenes so you, your family or friends don't have too!
    Wishing Sarah & Sam Love & Happiness!!

Russell · Married on 10/10/2015

This was a flawless performance. Debbie has been the most thorough and organized planner from the first time we met with her until the day of the wedding. We had an outdoor Upstate NY wedding and we did it all on our own. 200 guests, and a full traditional wedding. Debbie was always within an earshot and ready to serve us while managing teams of vendors including catering, tent/equipment, band, servers, transportation, wedding officiant, photographers, florist, guests, and bartenders. Long story short, without Debbie, the wedding would not have happened. She helped with everything from table settings, to bridal party entrances, speaking to vendors on the phone and coordinating prior to the event, to guest transportation, and so much more. She was able to lead the various teams with a friendly but stern demeanor which was needed to get everyone working together. All in all I'd recommend her without hesitation and wish I had another event to plan with her because we miss her! Maybe one of our anniversaries! Kerry and I can't thank you enough for all the help and support you gave us on our big day.

Sent on 11/16/2015

Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you Russell for your wonderful review on my wedding services! It was so exciting working with you & Kerry in planning & creating your dream wedding which took place on Kerry's Grandfather's property. Yes, it did take a little army to produce and a lot of transportation. :-)
    Russell, my favorite part of your wedding was when you stood on stage & played a beautiful love song you wrote just for your bride, Kerry. Yes, I know we had it planned as a surprise, but the surprise was everyone was crying tears of joy witnessing your true love for each other. It was an honor working with you both from being until the party was over.

Samantha · Married on 09/25/2015

Words along cannot describe how happy we are that we choose Debbie McNairy to help us plan our wedding. From our first meeting, she was exclusively focused on making sure we had everything we wanted and helped us build the day of our dreams.

Unlike some of the other planners that we met with, Debbie didn't seem to have a pre-conceived idea of what our wedding should be... rather, she worked to help guide us to making decisions - from choosing vendors, to invitations, to how the whole event should run. She was, in every sense, our wedding planner.

While everything about the wedding went as perfectly as we could imagine, it is the things that were not exactly perfect that remind us of how valuable Debbie was to us on the day of our wedding. She made sure that on the day of, there were 0 things that my husband and I really needed to worry about.

If we were to do it all again, (and after how much fun we had... we want to!) 1. we would 100% get a wedding planner to help us coordinate and 2. we would 100% have Debbie McNairy help us. She was everything we could have hoped a wedding planner to be. Thanks Debbie!

Sent on 11/15/2015

Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events's reply:

Wow...thank you so much Samantha for your kind words on my wedding services. I loved working with you & Brian along the whole wedding planning process from choosing your venue, in creating your perfect wedding invitations with map of destination wedding, finding the perfect antique Chris Craft Wooden Boat to take pictures on, the perfect photographer for you, perfect officiant, and of course perfect Florist ...all equals = a perfect wedding for a perfect couple!
    Cheers to you both!!

There's a reason that Debbie's reviews are overwhelmingly positive. I'm a photographer, who had the privilege of working with Debbie, as the wedding planner. I can't say enough great things about her. From our very first contact, she was extremely thorough, organized, and very receptive to ideas. She works extremely well with her vendors, knowing where their strengths are, in order to produce fabulous results. From that first conversation, right through the entire wedding day, I felt that Debbie was keeping everything flowing fabulously. Most planners I have worked with have been anxious personalities who only seem to add more tension to the wedding day. Debbie's demeanor is calm and assertive; she's knowledgeable and is frankly, one of the best wedding planners I've worked with in these last 8 years shooting. I've shot well over 300 weddings, and I know a seasoned vendor when I see one. Beyond her exceptional professionalism, I must comment that she is also an incredibly warm person. You can tell she loves what she does, and she's not just in it because it's her job. She's invested in her couples and in the work that she produces for them, and she will bring a positive energy to your event that is the kind you want, on such an emotionally sensitive day. Thanks again for everything, Debbie.

Sent on 01/23/2016

Joanna · Married on 09/12/2015

Debbie -- Where to begin!!!!!! We can't thank you enough for EVERYTHING you did!!!!!!!! You truly were the most amazing wedding coordinator anyone could ask for. The first time I spoke with you, I knew we found someone very special. Every time we had a concern or question, something needed to be done or we just needed reassuring, you were always there. You were kind, thoughtful, dependable, conscientious . . . . . . I could go on and on and on!!!! You truly made our dream wedding a reality!!!!! Your future brides and families are so lucky to have you:):)

Thanks again!!!!!

Joanna (MOB) :):):)

Sent on 09/17/2015

Bridget · Married on 08/01/2015

Lisa was basically the best decision I made the whole wedding. I was a basket case with so much work stuff I needed to handle in the month before the wedding that I decided to bring Lisa in with four weeks less to go. From that moment on I had no worries. Unlike so many people who say they don't remember their wedding because it was such a whirlwind I was able to slow down and enjoy the day and my friends and family because Lisa had everything under control. She really got who we were and fit right in too, which was great because my husband and I weren't so into the usual wedding rhetoric. I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 08/04/2015

Excellent guidance planning my Rehearsal Dinner long distance. Very prompt and knowledgeable! Great experience! Lovely lady!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you for your time writing a review on my services. I do love my job....listening to what clients are looking for ....and passing them several vendor choices, so client can chose the vendor of their choice.

Trista Bua heller · Married on 07/11/2015

We loved Debbie she was everything you will need in a wedding planner and more!

Sent on 09/06/2015

Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you Trista for hiring me to help you & Adam plan your beautiful wedding day. It was an honor to be with you on your special day!

Lisa · Married on 07/03/2015

I've rated Deb a 5 only because 5 is the highest rating. She's actually a 10. Deb made our wedding dreams come true. From the moment we met she just has this warm calming manner and we knew she was the one for us. Any time I needed her for advice, guidance and opinion or for calming stress relief she was there. I would recommend Deb a million times over. Deb you are magnificent at what you do. Thank you for making our wedding dreams come true.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events's reply:

Lisa thank you so much for your very kind words on my services! As a wedding planner, we connect with our clients and many times form a great friendship during the wedding planning. It truly was a joy working with you & Paul in creating and witnessing all your dreams unfold on your beautiful wedding day! Wishing you joy & happiness!
  • I

Ileen · Married on 02/15/2015

I could never have imagined how beneficial Debbie McNairy's services would be for every phase of my daughter's wedding. Personally, she helped me plan and execute a breakfast for guests the morning after the wedding. She arranged interviews for several catering services from which I had an excellent selection to meet my taste and budget. Everyone commented on how much they enjoyed the breakfast gathering, and I know it would have been a lot more stress and work on me had she not led me in the right direction. First hand, I saw Debbie manage different personalities into a cohesive group to keep the focus on the bride and groom. As the level of activities increased, Debbie elicited the help of her capable assistant to ensure everyone was in their place, involved, and happily enjoying the day. The general comment post wedding was, "Everyone needs a "Debbie" in their life."

Sent on 02/20/2015

Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you Ileen for your very kind words of "everyone needs a Debbie in their life." It truly was a joy working with you & helping you locate a perfect cater that met all your needs in creating your beautiful wedding brunch for all your guest.
    Connecting great vendors with amazing clients is what I love to do!!

Angelina · Married on 02/15/2015

From the start of the initial consultation, Debbie listened to our ideas, our budget, and our feelings about how we wanted our winter wedding weekend to flow. Secondly, Debbie was super responsive. As soon as we asked for something, she was working to make it happen. She was readily accessible via email, text and phone on our schedule, which was usually early in the morning and late in the evening. Third, Debbie has a rolodex of excellent vendors, who were top notch professionals.

On the actual wedding weekend, Debbie seemd to be everywhere - running the show in the background, coordinating, facilitating, and taking care of all the details. From putting together the favor bags with our family to using a tide stick to get blood off my wedding dress immediately before the ceremony, Debbie was fully hands-on for the entire weekend.

Bottom line: Our winter wedding weekend would not have been as perfect without Debbie by our sides

Sent on 03/07/2015

Ruby Red Shoes Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you Angie for your kind words! I do love listening to the needs of the wedding couples and being able to connect them to the perfect vendors! It was so sweet of you to write all the heartfelt thank yous to your vendors- it's brides like you that make me love what I do! Wishing you and James all the best and thank you again!

Rosemary · Married on 11/01/2014

Our daughter's wedding was away from home, and we were not familiar with the area. Debbie was our dependable resource for many questions and concerns. Debbie brought her professionalism to this event and helped us to prioritize and remember to have fun and enjoy the moments! Our daughter actually commented the day after her wedding, "I miss Debbie!"

Sent on 11/16/2014