Marais photography Reviews

13 | Annandale, VA

13 Reviews for Marais photography

John · Married on 10/22/2011

Love the pictures, they turned out so great. We called around and found Marais Studios to be the one that has the most reasonable price. Our wedding was from 6AM until 11PM at night, and Ken was on time and flexible with our requests. On top of that, Ken is the best photographer I've had the pleasure of working with. Very friendly, funny, and creative. I would recommend Ken and Marais Studio to all my friends and family. Anyone who is looking for a photographer should give Ken a call and check out his website. Definitely worth your time.

Cheers.
    John and Michelle

Sent on 12/12/2011

Regina · Married on 10/02/2010

Studio Marais shot my cousin's engagement and wedding pictures, also a friend's wedding and baby pictures. There was never any doubt in my mind or my now husband's mind that we wanted them to take our photography for our big day after seeing their work. From the engagement and wedding photography, they work with your personalities and truly capture special moments that make you smile when you look at the pictures. The staff is responsive to any questions you might have and simply put you at ease. We feel really lucky to have these memories in front of us forever and we will go back to them in the future!

Sent on 12/03/2010
  • Soo

Soo · Married on 11/21/2009

To the people that are confused and frustrated with so many vendors and who would be the best photographer to go with on the most important day of your life, I HIGHLY recommend Marais Studio photography. My older sister got her wedding picture, her baby picture, many of our friends got their pictures taken from Marais. My sister loves her pictures and I love my pictures sooooooooo much!!!!!! Their pictures REALLY capture the moment so well. I can actually "relive" my wedding moments through the pictures. Colors are beautiful and their compositions are amazing. The service is great and they are very fun to take pictures with! They make you feel very comfortable in front of the camera. Very prompt and very prepared! I trusted them 110% with the pictures and it came out beautifully! Their creativity level is above 10! I'm a designer in NYC and I am very picky with everything and very detailed oriented. That's what exactly what Marais is.... VERY detailed oriented. Also, compared to allot of my friends that recently got married, I got the best deal!!!! More albums, better pictures, better album quality, and better service. I highly and strongly recommend Marais photography b/c of all the reasons above and more.... I am so happy with Marais photography!!!! Thank you Marais team!

Sent on 12/29/2009

Maricel · Married on 09/26/2009

He was a great person and good sense or humor, but very professional. I will recommend his services to anyone I know..

Sent on 10/14/2009

Irene · Married on 08/15/2009

Jun was absolutely amazing! He really loves his work, and it showed at our engagement photo shoot and on throughout our wedding day. He captured amazing photos both live and still. He is very artistic, easy to work with and very professional at the same time. He went above and beyond our expectation and the results truly speak for themselves. I am extremely happy with our photo album which he put in a lot of effort designing as well. Marais service was worth every penny. I would highly recommend Jun to any future bride I know. I am so glad I decided to go with Marais Studio for our wedding photography. Thank you.

Sent on 12/14/2009

Nestor · Married on 06/20/2009

Their work was absolutely georgeous. They have taste and a willingness to work with us no matter what. They are amazing in the way they do their work and I would highly recommend using them for your photography, while on site they are almost invisible and once you get them you are looking at a work that does resemble professionalism and character.

Sent on 07/07/2009
  • Sally610

Sally · Married on 05/02/2009

Studio Marais was recommended by a friend who used them and i'm so glad she did. They not only did a great job on our pics, but we got a great price and got all our pics with a very fast turnaround time. I'd say the best thing about them is everything you get for the price (they throw a lot of things into the package including an engagement photo shoot that they will then take the best pic from and blow it up and make a sign board for you to display at your wedding for your guests to sign) also included a photo album, and two parents albums and a huge portrait pic from the wedding with frame all for what most people will charge you JUST for your wedding pics. The other huge perk with them is that they give you all the images on a cd so you can then print them from wherever you want instead of paying outrageous fees to have them printed through the photographer. I got mine a few days after the wedding and we uploaded all the pics onto a share site so all our family and friends could look at them and order whatever pics they wanted for themselves. They were very professional, did a great job and we're happy we went with them!

Sent on 05/26/2009

su · Married on 04/11/2009

My aunt found Marais for my wedding because she used them for her wedding a few years back. She said they were really great, and true to her words, Marais was awesome! I would definitely recommend them to everyone!!

Sent on 03/06/2010
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 03/29/2009

I loved all of my pictures!!!
    I asked them if I could have a wedding photo shoot before the actual wedding, and they set a date for us and even went to two different locations that day.
    They also have a selection of wedding dresses you can rent out for photo shoots. That way, you don't have to get your own dress dirty.
    They were very understanding and let me change as many of the pictures I wanted for the album, and They also made a poster board with our pictures on it so that our guests could sign it.
    Everyone LOVED our wedding album and the pictures we took at the photo shoot. They looked like pictures you would see in fashion magazine.
    There price is very reasonable too. You definitely get your money's worth when you sign up with them.

Sent on 07/18/2009
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 10/06/2007

If you want a wedding album to die for, Studio Marais is the way to go! Danny, Ken and John are extremely easy to work with and captured our wedding beautifully! We can't stop looking at the pictures and everyone who has seen their finished product is full of compliments.

They have provided us with a truly valuable keepsake!

Sent on 11/20/2007
  • Patty

Patricia · Married on 03/31/2007

We chose Studio Marais because a friend of mine always goes to them for events and family portraits... and they do an awesome job! Travis and I just stopped in to their studio today to approve the layout for our wedding photo album and I can't WAIT for it to get into my hands!

We also decided (last minute) to do videography and Studio Marais offered to do that as well (at a good deal). So on our wedding day, we had two photographers and one videographer on-hand the whole night.

The staff is really friendly and they really do take great photos. Even if some photos come out funny, they somehow make them look great by the time it needs to print! Very very highly recommended!

Sent on 04/15/2007

olivia · Married on 08/23/2003

I was very skeptical of going to a "korean" vendor because they are generally notorious for not taking your desires into consideration and doing whatever they want. I am glad I went against my initial reservations... Marais did a marvelous job, took great photos, and created an album was innovative and unique. They provided me with all the photos on cd without a hassle. All in all, a really good experience.

Sent on 04/03/2008

Amy · Married on 09/04/2010

4.2

They did a great job at our wedding. The pictures look like they could be in a magazine! Mr. Oh is an awesome photographer with a great eye. We can't wait to see our wedding album!

Sent on 09/28/2010