Paperbird Photography

Washington, DC View map Visit website
$3,600 Most Popular Price

$3,600 Most Popular Price

Hello! My name is Amy and I’m the friendly face behind Paperbird Photography. I live in Severna Park, Maryland with my musician husband, Mandarin-speaking daughter, and two big dogs (a Leonberger named Hagrid who loves my kisses, and a Swissy named Crosby who always turns them down!). In my increasingly-scarce free time, I love tending my front yard garden and riffing on new recipes in the kitchen.

While I’ve always had a fascination with photography, it wasn’t until my daughter was born that I began to photograph in earnest. Of course, parents photographing their children is an old cliché, but in 2008 I decided to get serious and pursue a Bachelor’s of Fine Art Photography at the Corcoran College of Art + Design, thus beginning an exciting period of growth and exploration for me. At the time, Corcoran was one of the few remaining art schools to offer a traditional photography program, training students in the full history of the art form, from dark room to digital and everything in between. I feel lucky to have received such comprehensive training, and it continues to inform my work to this day. Indeed, one of the unique attributes that sets Paperbird apart is this fully matured artistic approach. I don’t just want to document your special day, I want to enhance it and turn it into a stunning work of art that can be enjoyed for generations!

Paperbird Photography’s most popular wedding package includes additional hours, a second shooter and multiple locations to capture your love story in its entirety. Couples will also receive high-resolution, digital files to view final images.Paperbird can photograph your day in a wide variety of photography styles, including contemporary, natural, vintage, film and journalistic styles. They'll also work with you for engagement, trash the dress and wedding portrait sessions. Additional services and items offered include:

• Liability insurance
  • Proofs
  • Save-the-date cards
  • Prints
  • Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$3,600

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Add'l Hours
Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$3,600

Add'l Hours
Albums
Save the Date

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Film
Natural
Photojournalism
Vintage

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Boudoir Shoot
Destination / Travel
Second Shooter
Trash The Dress
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums

Message vendor

• Ashley
    Ashley C. Married on 05/07/2022

Paperbird is the best!

Thank you Amy!! We had a wonderful experience with Paperbird for our engagement and wedding photos! Amy is friendly, responsive, accommodating, and very professional. Despite rainy weather, our wedding photos came out beautifully and Amy was able to capture the best moments on camera. We highly recommend Paperbird Photography for your wedding or event.
    Alex W. Married on 04/23/2022

Last Minute Savior

She is a absolutely amazing!! Our other photographer fell out due to illness 48 hours before our wedding. A friend put us in contact with Amy and within an hour we had a plan. She was so professional, allowing us to make some choices but kept the finish product looking like something from a magazine. We have heard nothing but good things from our guests as well. The pictures are beautiful and are worth everything we paid and more!!! Definitely call Amy ASAP
  • Michaela
    Michaela A. Married on 04/02/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Everything was amazing and couldn't be happier!

Amy is outstanding and you can end your search with Paperbird Photography. Amy made everything so smooth. I loved all of her ideas for poses and she got the best shots out of each location. She captured everything about our day perfectly. I cannot recommend her enough. She's so easy to work with and her photos were beyond what I could have pictured for our engagement and wedding day. Just hire her for your wedding, you will not be disappointed.
  • illustration stars

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Pricing

RIMAS FILMS RIMAS FILMS Wedding Videographers

Washington DC will always hold a special place in my heart and I love filming weddings here! One of the recent ones I have filmed at the W Washington DC and I enjoy every time I get to work at this wedding venue. The couple had a wonderful wedding with an outstanding reception party. The happy newlyweds are the two friendliest and easy-going people! No wonder that the photographers they have chosen were just the same. I had a blast working with Amy & Caroline from Paperbird Photography! The wedding was a wonderful experience, because I get to work with talented professionals, who enjoy every minute of their job and spread the happiness around them. Working with Amy & Caroline didn’t even classify as working as we all enjoyed the experience and just made sure to invade as less as possible and capture the real emotion of the day and the beautiful love story sealed by the vows. RIMAS FILMS would like to highly recommend Paperbird Photography!

Vintage Floral Design Vintage Floral Design Wedding Florists

Caroline and Amy of Paperbird Photography are amazing photographers! I had the pleasure to work with them at The W Hotel DC July 2017...the way they captured Sarah and Louis' big day was truly a piece of art! I highly recommend this duo to capture your most precious moments for those important life events. Hats off Caroline and Amy! Amazing job! Look forward to working with you again! ~Ella

Pond View Farm Pond View Farm Barn & Farm Weddings

Paperbird Photography has a way of capturing every beautiful moment of your big day that you never want to forget! Enjoy working with them immensely!

742 Dividing Rd Washington, DC, 21146
Location of (Paperbird Photography)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding