Lelia Marie Photography Reviews

12 | Manassas, VA

12 Reviews for Lelia Marie Photography

• User5452072 · 2+ years ago

It was such a pleasure to work with Lelia. She is very professional, personable, pleasant and, most importantly, incredibly talented. Lelia specializes in outdoors photography. Luckily, the weather on our August wedding day was perfect for outdoors pictures, and Lelia was able to perform her magic with natural light. The pictures turned out elegant, natural and unutterably sophisticated. Besides artistically capturing precious details of our wedding, Lelia also captured our true emotions, love and happiness through so many candid shots. Thank you, Lelia!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Sean · Married on 11/08/2014

Working with Lelia was an awesome experience. She worked very closely with us on the engagement photos and the entirety of the wedding and we loved every picture she took. Really fast turn around on getting us our final prints as well, which was greatly appreciated. She was always engaging and fun and really made the entire process easy. If you want photos taken anywhere outdoors, Lelia is really skilled at using the natural light to make everyone look great! You cant go wrong with choosing Lelia!

Sent on 11/23/2014

Kyle · Married on 09/13/2014

Lelia is very talented and working with her was a pleasure!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Lelia did such a fantastic job! The photos came out beautiful and I was so glad she was able to capture so many memorable moments. It was exciting that I started getting pictures within the first few days and had them all after one month. I loved the fact that she edited and gave us ALL the pictures.

Sent on 09/07/2014

ERIKA · Married on 10/12/2013

I simply cannot say ENOUGH about Lelia!!!!! Lelia photographed my engagement in Maryland and my wedding in Lake George, NY (yes, that was quite a hike for her). She is incredibly fun and personable and makes the entire process so very enjoyable. Lelia responded to every single question and request we had, and she was always professional. Then there are the PHOTOS..... I have gotten so many comments (from people who attended and didn't attend the wedding) about how they are the "most beautiful wedding pictures" they've ever seen. THANK YOU, LELIA!!!!! You are incredible!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Allison · Married on 09/01/2013

We really enjoyed working with Lelia. She was professional, prompt, and easy to work with. The pictures turned out wonderfully!

Sent on 09/27/2013

Rachel · Married on 08/17/2013

Lelia Marie Photography is amazing. Lelia photographed our wedding in August 2013. My husband and I had decided long before the wedding that we didn’t want a lot of “posed” shots. The only traditional photos we wanted were pictures of the families, wedding party, and couple portraits. We wanted the majority of our shots to be candid, because there isn’t anything better than looking at the pictures and seeing that everyone was having a blast. She captured that perfectly. Everyone who looked at the pictures kept saying “I didn’t even notice her there taking the picture”. This is exactly what we wanted. We did not want our guests bombarded with the “turn”, “look here”, “smile big” that you can get with some photographers. She knew how to get the pictures we wanted without being intrusive. She also shot pictures showing the details of our wedding i.e. isle decorations, programs, cupcake tower, shoes, rings etc.. Lelia is a very professional photographer along with being a very sweet person, which makes for the perfect combination in a photographer. I would recommend her for any special event.

Sent on 09/19/2013

Pamela · Married on 06/22/2013

Lelia is a wonderful photographer. I received a recommendation for her services, and couldn't be happier with my decision. Lou and I are a very laid back couple and wanted wedding and engagement pictures that were relaxed and natural. Lelia did a wonderful job getting us to relax during the engagement session and she also graciously let my stepson come along. We got some great family shots too! We all had a great time and the pictures came out fantastic.

She also did a wonderful job at the wedding. We all had a great time and were able to relax. The photos are really great, and I haven't even seen all of them yet! She and her backup photographer really seemed to blend in with our family and friends. Lelia even took Hokie Pokey pictures while doing the Hokie Pokey in the middle of the circle!

Being new to the area, she's not as established as some local photographers. However, she was by far the best value and best choice for me. I would recommend her for anyone who is looking for a photographer for any occasion and also family shots!

Sent on 07/15/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 04/20/2013

Lelia photographed our outdoor wedding in Middleburg, Virginia this past April, and our engagement photos in Alexandria in December. My new husband and I could not be happier with her! She is so wonderful! When we first met I was immediately charmed with her cheery personality, involvement in the wedding community (we got lots of great recommendations from her!), and her dedication to photography.

Lelia was always open-minded and excited, encouraging me to add lots of personal, unique elements to our photographs and wedding. Subsequently, we ended up receiving a massive amount of photographs that invoke the feeling and detail of our relationship and our special day. We were amazed by how many candid little moments Lelia and her assistant photographer were able to capture: smiles, children playing, guests relaxing. As the bride, I was always comforted by Lelia's calm, focused presence and was so glad to have her with me!

Lelia also makes it very easy to share your photos with friends and family, and since doing so we have been receiving incredible compliments about our wedding photos. Many say that the photos look like a fairy tale, which was certainly the way it felt to me. :) You will NOT regret hiring Lelia. She is an artist, and her camera works magic. I hope you are lucky enough to have her be part of your wedding!

Sent on 06/03/2013

Stephanie · Married on 05/13/2017

It was a pleasure to work with Lelia! She did a beautiful job of capturing our day while listening to what we wanted. The weather for our outdoor wedding was iffy for a while, but Lelia just rolled with it. Luckily it cleared up and she captured the outdoor setting beautifully. Lelia is engaging and very down-to-earth, which made the whole experience easy and fun! I was impressed at how quickly we got our photos back -- within a month. She gave us all the edited digital copies and worked closely with us to create the album exactly how we wanted it. So glad we chose Lelia!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Lelia Marie Photography did a wonderful job with our wedding photos. From the very beginning, Lelia was responsive and open to our requests. It was really important to us that our photographer was relaxed and reliable, and Lelia was just that. She traveled all the way from Virgina to New York for our Long Island wedding. She arrived on time, and got right to snapping shots. Lelia specializes in outdoor weddings. She was unintrusive but seemed to capture all of our most special moments. Thank you so much for our treasured photos!

Sent on 10/06/2013

3.8
      3.0
      3.5

A lot of the pictures that we got turned out very nice, however we specifically asked for candid pictures and most of the pictures of us (the bride and groom) were not candid. I made it clear that we do not want the kind of wedding photos where the bride and groom is told when to kiss, and that's exactly the kind of thing she had us do. Also, aside from the cake cutting and first dance, there were very few pictures of me at the Reception, and almost no pictures of me interacting with guests. It wasn't what I expected and I'm not satisfied, but overall it is alright and when we include pictures we received from guests we will have a nice wedding album.

Sent on 06/27/2015