Kristine Tsai Reviews

Kristine Tsai 7
  • W

Winnie · Married on 03/25/2018

Best Decision Made

I am a little embarrassed to say my review for Kristine has been long overdue, but booking Kristine as my wedding’s day-of-coordinator was definitely the BEST decision that I made during my entire wedding planning process.

As soon as I met Kristine, I knew she is someone who would be a good fit for me. Not only is she extremely detail-oriented, organized, and down-to-earth, she is friendly, sweet, and understanding. She made me feel like I had a trusted friend helping me run my Big Day, rather than a hired professional just doing her job.

During the three months leading up to my wedding, Kristine was always on top of things. Whenever I had questions or needed some advice on difficult situations, she would answer them quickly if she knew the answers or spent some time brainstorming/researching creative solutions for me. For example, I was very concerned that guests would take desserts from the dessert table before they were supposed to, especially because we had a lot of little kids at the wedding. I was so grateful that Kristine recommended putting a sign next to the dessert table that made it clear when the dessert table would be open, along with a ribbon around the table, to prevent guests from “attacking” the dessert table before they were supposed to. It worked quite well – no one took anything from the dessert table before they were supposed to :)

The thing that worried me the most for my wedding was that I had A LOT of DIY decorations, and I mean, A LOT. Since I wasn’t able to set them up on the actual day of the wedding myself, this meant that someone would need to know what all of them were, to keep tab of where everything would go, to set them up before the guests arrived, and to put them away afterwards. The day before the wedding (after rehearsal), Kristine stayed and helped me put all the decors inside this tiny closet the venue provided. I really didn’t think they would all fit, but Kristine worked her magic and made it happen! On the actual day of the wedding, Kristine and her assistant did such a fantastic job setting everything up – I could only imagine how much work that must have been for them! After the wedding, despite how tired they must have felt, Kristine and her assistant stayed and helped me pack everything (including all of my DIYs) in the cars.

I would highly recommend Kristine Tsai for anyone looking for an amazing wedding day-of-coordinator whose work reflects her genuine passion for weddings and planning! My wedding could not have turned out as perfect as it did without Kristine’s help. If I could do this all over again, I would have hired Kristine as my wedding planner right from the start to save myself some headache, stress, money, and time that came from planning a wedding. Thank you SO MUCH Kristine for all that you have done for me!!!

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Kristine Tsai 8
    Kristine Tsai 9
    Kristine Tsai 10
    Kristine Tsai 11
    Kristine Tsai 12

Joyce · Married on 03/17/2018

I had Kristine for the full wedding planning package. I found her through an online search and met up with her for an initial meeting before deciding to work with her. Kristine was very responsive throughout the entire planning process (~ 1 year). Her pricing is very reasonable given the amount of work she puts in. I can tell that she genuinely enjoys her work and often goes out of her way to carry out our plan (e.g., extra meetings). She also has good taste and understood our vision well. She is very proactive and often gets things done without us even needing to request them. Overall, I would highly recommend Kristine as she would significantly reduce your stress for wedding planning.

Sent on 04/13/2018

Jennifer · Married on 08/20/2017

This review is long overdue! My husband and I got married in August 2017 at Casa Real in Pleasanton, CA and we are SO glad we booked Kristine! We knew from the moment we met her, that she is exactly the type of wedding coordinator we were looking for. She is extremely detail orientated, kind, down-to-earth, creative and understanding. She made us feel at ease immediately! Kristine was there for me through all of the crazy wedding planning. I emailed her MANY times with nearly impossible situations and she either knew exactly how to solve my problem, or spent days brainstorming for me... just so I could have everything exactly the way I want! She is very creative and suggested things that really made my wedding special (and they were cheaper alternatives too). For some reason, I was very nervous about the ceremony (had no idea how the wedding party should walk out, song choices, my brother being a first-time officiant, etc... but Kristine made it all work flawlessIy. I am so thankful for Kristine for doing things like filling out paperwork for me, attending meetings with me, putting the decor together for basically my entire wedding, encouraging me to make a list for guest photos (painful, but so worth it), TYING the back of my extremely complicated chinese wedding gown (no one else knew how to do it), and also packing up all my stuff + sending me off to my honeymoon. My wedding was a dream. KRISTINE TSAI IS THE BEST!

Sent on 05/26/2018
    Kristine Tsai 19
    Kristine Tsai 20
    Kristine Tsai 21

Richard · Married on 08/12/2017

Kristine guides you through all the important wedding details while also focusing on the little details that make all the difference. We cannot thank her enough for helping to make our wedding unforgettable.

Sent on 11/09/2017

Carrie · Married on 02/18/2017

Although we worked with Kristine for our engagement party but not our wedding (we are having a destination wedding) it was still a large, elegant event in St. Helena that would have been overwhelming without a planner and day-of coordination. Kristine's organization and attention-to-detail were instrumental in making sure our engagement party went exactly as planned - everything was perfect. Her vendor recommendations (we used her excellent suggestions on party favors, florist, and photographer) completely elevated the event and we couldn't be happier with how things went.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Annie · Married on 11/12/2016

Kristine was one of the earnest vendors I met through this whole process of planning our wedding, easily making her one of my favorite people to work with :)

We booked Kristine for the month-of-coordination, which included unlimited email communication for three months. But even beyond that, whenever I needed help or had questions, she was always responsive.

Having Kristine on our team allowed me to not have to worry about forgetting or missing anything. In our communications leading up to the wedding, we tackled every detail relating to the day, including items that never even occurred to me. Then on the day-of, I just sat back, relaxed, and enjoyed every second of the day, because Kristine and her team made sure that I was completely taken care of.

Kristine's rates are incredibly competitive. She's detail-oriented, professional, and knowledgeable. But I would say the thing that makes her the perfect wedding coordinator is her honest enthusiasm for planning and weddings. Pair that with her sweet and friendly personality, it made me feel like I had a trusted friend helping me run the event, rather than a professional (but stranger) just doing a job.

Our wedding came out gorgeously and we couldn't have asked for more. Thank you again for the amazing work!

Sent on 11/30/2016

Kim · Married on 08/20/2016

Kristine is wise beyond her years! I worked with her for month-of wedding coordination and she went above and beyond her job! She used google docs to organize my wedding plans, including the timeline, set up check lists, wedding planning check lists, vendor lists, etc. It made it really easy for us to make comments and edit our plans along the way. She was very fast to respond to emails. She offered great suggestions based on her prior experience. She did a venue walk-through with me, and was very, very detail oriented. I could tell that she was really dedicated to making my wedding a success. She came to my rehearsal the day before the wedding and walked the wedding party through the ceremony entrance and exit. Then on the day of the wedding, she worked tirelessly to make everything run smoothly. I was so impressed with how well everything came together. She came by my house in the morning to pick up décor. She brought a team of assistants to help with set up. At the end of the night, she made sure that all my décor was packed properly and put everything back in my parents’ cars. Because of her organization, dedication, and hard work, I got to really enjoy my wedding day. She was also really sweet and easy to work with. Everyone loved working with her.

Sent on 09/06/2016

Emily · Married on 08/08/2015

A few months before our wedding, we were desperately looking for a day of/month of planner. I had contacted 30+ planners without much luck...either they never responded, took too long to respond or were way over our budget. Kristine was responsive, honest, and friendly on the phone and I decided to hire her without a second thought. She went beyond our expectations even at her affordable rate. Even part-time planners were charging more than Kristine. If you need a day-of/month-of planner, I would highly recommend Kristine. She will not only take care of everything on the day but will make sure you've thought of every detail beforehand. I consider myself very organized and hands-on but she was still indispensable to the last few months of wedding planning when things start to get insanely busy.

Our wedding went off without a hitch. She even helped display and put together some of my DIY projects. From my first call with her to even after the wedding, Kristine was like a friend to us...a really organized and helpful friend who looks out for you. Our bridesmaids felt very pampered because almost all their duties were taken care of. Thank you Kristine and Betty for all your hard work. You were both incredible to work with!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Jubi · Married on 07/18/2015

Our wedding planner is a friend of a friend who recommended herself to us. Then forgot that at the day of our wedding she was not available, complete flake. I decided to hire a professional instead and that's when I stumble upon Kristine's website. I found out that she's from SoCal like me and her website is detailed and straightforward.

I like that she's on time when my fiancé now my husband first met her. Kristine is like me, a planner, professional, detailed oriented and easy to work with. We wanted to find someone who can work with us since I worked at a 24/7 Radiology dept and my husband and I lives in Atlanta and San Francisco. She checks in with me and reminds me of the timeline. She gave me a lot of advice on how to make our timeline work with the hours we have available during reception.

She made planning our wedding at Stanford Memorial church a breeze. She also coordinated all our vendors from Four Seasons to the Stanford faculty club runs smoothly. Her price is affordable. Kristine and her team help to decorate what my Parisian vision of my reception to look like. She made sure that me and my husband can eat and enjoy our wedding. Kristine took care of everything down to smallest details like which decor I want to keep, my clothes, our limo and giving my slippers during the reception.

We had an amazing wedding and we can't do it with the help of Kristine. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 11/06/2015

Jeffrey · Married on 05/17/2014

Full discretion: Kristine is married to a good friend of mine from college.

Kristine just moved up to the Bay Area after a successful career building things that went up into space. She was dabbling in her own line of couture designs: pillows, blankets, etc.

Why did we choose Kristine? We saw how detail oriented she is, how important quality is to her, and she had planned most of her own wedding (I always thought that her wedding was the most fun I have ever had at a wedding). We believed that Kristine could help make our wedding exactly what we envisioned it to be.

Planning a wedding is never straightforward and simple. There is usually a lot of emotion, difficulty, trying times, and as always, a depleted bank account. To tell you that the entire process was smooth and carefree would be, well, a fib. Even with Kristine’s help, it was no different. There were times we disagreed and times we may have been a bit emotional. But how many people planning their wedding can say that it was entirely objective and carefree?

We are glad we chose Kristine as our wedding planner.

Kristine has an abundance of great ideas. For example, our center pieces, my wife was not sure about where to begin to begin with all of the ideas in her head. Kristine listened closely to my wife, and created a board of many different ideas from what she heard. My wife liked different aspects of three different center pieces. Kristine melded them together flawlessly. We wanted a starry night themed wedding, and Kristine suggested wrapping the columns of our reception venue with white lights and tulle on top to create a starry effect. She hand stitched the tulle herself. We were incredibly happy with the results.

In the end, we received nothing but praise for how smooth and flawless our wedding was, and how Kristine did an amazing job. We wish her nothing but success as she continues on her new career path.

Sent on 07/25/2014