Kelly & Company Event Planning, Wine Country Weddings Reviews

30 | Petaluma, CA

30 Reviews for Kelly & Company Event Planning, Wine Country Weddings

Brittany · Married on 04/25/2014

So I am described by my friends as a wee bit of a type A personality (highly organized, but perhaps not the most creative when it comes to ideas). When I started looking for a wedding planner, I wanted someone who was on the same page and someone who I clicked with. I had a few chats with a few other planners, but it didn't seem right. I mean, wedding planners are a big expense and I really wanted someone who would be in my corner and knew where I was coming from. I was getting a little frustrated and then our venue recommended Kelly + Company. Within 2 minutes of chatting with Kelly, I knew she was perfect and I can honestly say that I couldn't have made a better decision.

We hired Kelly to be our Day Of Coordinator and I was beyond thrilled. Not only did she check in to ensure we had all our bases covered as the wedding approached, she was full of tidbits of great information for our venue as well as other vendors (plus it is always helpful when your vendors already love her). She was incredibly responsive to my emails and calls and when the big day approached with pouring rain in the forecast, she already had a rain plan set to go with an alternate schedule for everything, just in case.

When the big day arrived, I had no worries as she handled all the vendors, questions and requests seamlessly. Both my parents and now in-laws complimented on how well Kelly handled all the little details with the inclement weather and she really did think of everything, down to cute umbrellas in case we had to do photos in the rain.

I can honestly say that her hard work made our wedding everything I had hoped for. I can't recommend Kelly highly enough!

Cybil · Married on 02/15/2014

Kelly was our 'day of' coordinator at The General's Daughter in Sonoma on Feb. 15, but her work actually begins a month before.

My venue required a coordinator from their preferred list and I interviewed everyone on that list. Kelly was the first to return my call and turned out to be the coordinator who listened best to what I wanted and immediately began to be, well, helpful. This is before we hired her.

So, of course, we hired her. And we are so glad that we did. She is easygoing, friendly, incredibly organized, resourceful and just all-around great at what she does. She made wedding planning easy and was a constantly reassuring presence.

I also discovered that she is very well respected among the wine country wedding vendors, which is a huge help when you are trying to find the best services without breaking the bank or making bad decisions.

I should confess that until hiring Kelly, I didn't completely realized the value of having a wedding coordinator. I thought of hiring a planner as a requirement of our venue only. But without Kelly's guidance, I would have been overwhelmed and stressed out. She works really hard for you. (She should probably be charging more than she does considering all that she does. Shh!)

Thanks to Kelly, on my wedding day all I had to do was show up and have fun. I can't recommend her highly enough. My husband and I are huge fans of Kelly & Co.

Karen · Married on 10/05/2013

Kelly was so much for than a "day of" coordinator. She really was a life saver! From the first time we met with Kelly we knew we were in great hands. She was so helpful throughout the planning process with providing vendor recommendations, and was invaluable when she started working directly with us and our vendors the month before our event.

Kelly was a true professional throughout the rehearsal and the day of our wedding. She made everyone feel at ease and was a magician at putting all the details together. I was so calm the whole day knowing that she was there to take care of everything. We can't imagine having pulled off our wedding without Kelly, and are so grateful to have her expertise on our team. Hiring Kelly was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding, and I would recommend her to everyone. Thank you, Kelly, for helping to make my wedding picture perfect.

Kelly was fabulous! From start to finish, she was organized, responsive, and professional while at the same time upbeat and fun to be around. On the day of our wedding, I was able to soak everything in and enjoy being with all of our friends and family, and I didn't have to worry about any logistics because I knew Kelly had everything under control. I would highly recommend working with Kelly.

Lisa · Married on 06/06/2013

Kelly went above and beyond with coordinating our wedding. We were very happy with her performance and professionalism and would definitely recommend her to our friends!

Lauren · Married on 03/09/2013

Having Kelly on my team was invaluable. I didn't have to worry that any details would be forgotten about. She helped with vendor research and presented me with a manageable number of choices. She completely understood my aesthetic.

Priya · Married on 03/02/2013

We hired Kelly for "day-of" coordination and she did an awesome job. Kelly started meeting with us a month or two before the wedding so that she had all the information she needed to execute flawlessly on the day of. Some highlights from working with Kelly at our wedding are:

1. Kelly was very mindful of our tight budget. Her rates were reasonable, and she recommended other vendors (such as our florist and baker) that she knew could work within our budget as well. As an added bonus, she negotiated with some of the vendors on our behalf to stretch our budget even further.

2. Kelly literally took care of EVERYTHING the day of so that we, including our friends and family, were free to just relax and enjoy the day. Did everything get executed perfectly? I don't know--if she ran into any issues she handled it perfectly on her own because from our vantage point the day went off without a hitch :)

3. Kelly is very organized (a must-have quality for event planners but not all of them are) and has a cheerful attitude--she was on top of every detail of the wedding and executed with a relaxed and infectious smile on her face.

Kelly was a joy to work with and we highly recommend her.

- Priya and Eli

• Mandy

Mandy · Married on 11/11/2012

From the minute I received an email back to my inquiry at lighting speed, I knew Kelly was the Event Planner for me! << I got married 11.11.12 at Kunde Family Estate>>>

Kelly is literally a ray of sunshine when she enters the room. She is bubbly, sweet and most importantly when she's guiding your big day - SMART! She jumped in with ideas and suggestions in a way that made me instantly comfortable. She is willing to help out anywhere she can and even brought along some last minute needed props!

I could probably go on and on finding new ways to express my gratitude and admiration for Kelly's know-how and sheer professionalism but I will sum it up to 2 words: Hire Her.

Hands down, she is the best. As a fellow event planner, I am happy to have had the opportunity to work with her!

Claire · Married on 08/02/2012

Kelly kept busy the whole time making sure candles stayed lit, the DJ was on the right timing, the timing of the caterer and DJ were matched. She was totally great, running around making sure things went smoothly but keeping a low profile. I had several guests tell me how sweet she was and what a good job she was doing. Kelly set up all my home-made decorations and even helped load/unload tables I brought from home. Highly recommend.

Sarah · Married on 06/02/2012

We hired Kelly for 'day of' wedding planning and she was definitely worth it. She magically turn our assortment of wedding-related items into a beautiful setup within hours. She was always helping out throughout the day and making sure that things ran smoothly. We would have been lost without her. I'd definitely recommend her!

Katie · Married on 04/27/2012

Kelly was an invaluable wedding coordinator. We hired her for day-of coordination services and she managed every detail flawlessly, tirelessly and with the utmost professionalism. She ensured that all aspects of the evening went as planned, which allowed us the opportunity to just enjoy the night, our friends, and our event.

Kelly · Married on 02/19/2012

Kelly of Kelly + Company was phenomenal. She provided wedding planning, decor ideas and execution, helped with flower selection, and overall kept me sane and happy throughout my entire wedding planning process. I was one of those brides who knew what I didn't like, knew the theme of what I wanted, but had NO idea what I actually wanted and how to execute it. Kelly figured me out, effortlessly really, and put together decor for the most beautiful, perfect wedding that completely reflected who my husband and I were.

She was fantastic. I wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone. She will listen to your vision and help you execute it perfectly (even with those who aren't quite sure what their vision is). She is there throughout the wedding planning process to provide as much or as little help and support that you need.

Thanks Kelly!

Ben · Married on 08/13/2011

Kelly was absolutely amazing! Simply put, we could not have had the wedding without her help, I can not recommend her highly enough. From helping with strategy, to day of coordination, to just helping keep the bride focused, she was the calm in the center of the storm. Thank you Kelly for all you did!

Mandy · Married on 05/28/2011

The best decision we made for our wedding was hiring Kelly! We knew having a destination wedding would not be easy but Kelly made it less stressful and was so helpful! She made our wedding day absolutely beautiful.

Stephanie · Married on 05/27/2011

Kelly was amazing to work with: organized, responsive, helpful, accomodating, flexible, kind, enthusiastic, attentive.

My fiance and I were planning our wedding from overseas, and Kelly made everything so easy. She offered suggestions/recommendations, kept us on track of the things we needed to make decisions on, answered my billion questions that I had, met with us whenever we needed to talk, etc.

On top of that, her flower arrangements were gorgeous and just exactly what we had in mind for our day!

When I first talked to Kelly, one of the things she said was: 'My job is to help you get all the details sorted out and make your wedding day run smoothly so you don't have to think about a single detail. I take care of everything, and you just enjoy your day!'

And she did just that. I was so calm the day of the wedding because I knew Kelly had everything under control. Everything went off without a hitch, and it was perfect.

Thank you Kelly for all your hard work and making our wedding day the best!!

Jill · Married on 04/29/2011

I cannot say enough good things about Kelly!

At first we weren't sure if we wanted to hire a day of coordinator, but after chatting with Kelly we decided to go for it. I don't know how we could have pulled it all off without her! Even though she was our day of coordinator, she started helping us weeks before the wedding. She met with us at the venue, created us a full day schedule and schematic, and made sure that all the vendors were aware of what they were doing and when to show up. We didn't have to worry about anything vendor related during those stressful days before the wedding. She was also super responsive to any little questions I had during the months before the wedding.

The day of went of without a hitch - if anything went wrong I certainly wasn't aware of it. All of my focus was able to be on my new husband, and my family & friends - it was amazing. Kelly integrated herself seamlessly into the event, and helped show where to be and what to do. If I ever needed anything she seemed to instantly appear from nowhere with what I needed.

AND the flowers! They couldn't have been more beautiful! They were exactly what I envisioned. She made absolutely gorgeous pieces while working around our small budget.

I could go on and on about how wonderful Kelly was to work with. I highly recommend her services!

T · Married on 08/28/2010

Kelly was always there for us when we needed her. She was able to tell us what could be done and help us define our vision. She was great to work with and I definitely reccomend Kelly to any bride out there.

Scott · Married on 07/24/2010

My wife and I hired Kelly as a day of coordinator for our wedding. Her personality fit perfectly with ours. She wasn't bossy or timid. We knew we were in good hands and it showed on our wedding day. Kelly coordinated with all of our vendors on scheduling and locations and it all went off perfectly. She was also helpful months before our wedding with vendor choices and any off the wall questions we had. We also hired Kelly to do our flowers. She incorporated all of our ideas into a cohesive event and was super flexible in making changes. We loved working with Kelly and would recommend her to anyone looking for a coordinator or florist.

Lisa · Married on 07/17/2010

I absolutely loved my bouquets - they were gorgeous. The flowers and decor done by Kelly & Company were by far one of my favorite things about my wedding! Also, Kelly made sure I had no worries about set-up, clean-up or timing of the day. She was in charge of it all!

Sara · Married on 05/29/2010

Kelly did a fabulous job with our wedding, we had such a fun time with her too. She listened to us and executed our ideas perfectly. We really trusted her design sense and knew she would do a good job which took the stress off of us on our big day. I would recommend her to anyone having a wedding in wine country!

• Y

Yvonne · Married on 08/15/2009

Kelly was amazing! She really went above and beyond for us. It was such a huge comfort to have her with us coordinating everything on the big day and she really helped out in the days leading up to the wedding too. She was patient with us as we went back & forth on decisions and provided gentle guidance and advice whenever we needed it. Everything turned out perfectly! Hire her! You won't be sorry!

Britney · Married on 06/13/2009

Kelly has been wonderful to work with. Planning a destination wedding can be stressful. Kelly took away all of those stresses and helped us to create an amazing and memorable wedding.
    All the pre-planning with Kelly was made easy by her honsesty and willingness to work within our budget. We didn't have to worry about a thing on the day of the wedding. Everything went perfectly and beautifully.
    Kelly was also our florist. We trusted her so much that we just told her our color scheme and our ideas and she pretty much just took it from there. It was so much fun to see what she created the day of the wedding. She made our already breath-taking venue into an even more beautiful sight. She even made extra arrangements that we didn't order with the additional flowers that she had.
    Through the whole process, Kelly was awesome and always went above and beyond what we expected of her or even what was in her job description. We would without a doubt recommend Kelly for floral and wedding planning needs. She is so wonderful!!

Rachel · Married on 05/24/2009

Kelly is an extremely talented floral designer and one of the nicest people you will ever meet. My centerpieces and bouquet were stunning! I sent her a photo of my general idea and she turned it into a masterpiece; our flowers looked like they belonged in a glossy wedding magazine! Our wedding plans changed several times and Kelly was always very flexible and gracious. She also has a way of putting even the most stressed bride at ease. I highly recommend Kelly & Co to all brides-to-be seeking a talented designer to make their big day beautiful!

Kelly was the day of coordinator for our wedding at Ramekins on July 19. Her "day of" package actually begins a month before, and Kelly was also available to answer questions, offer advice, and recommend vendors from the day we booked her. (She helped us out most choosing a florist and finding a great DJ.) We were also able to arrange an additional venue walk-through with her earlier in the planning process when my mom was in town.

Kelly is very positive and easy-going. She was such a calming influence throughout the planning process, and especially the day before and the day of our wedding. She was amazing at coordinating all of the vendors, the wedding party, and the guests. I felt like I did not have to worry about anything! Issues come up at every wedding, but Kelly dealt with them quickly and easily, and totally reduced any stress that we would have had. She was always one step ahead of us and very responsive to our needs. Our wedding day turned out to be very hot and we were concerned about our guests' comfort during the ceremony, especially for older family members. She made an executive decision to offer parasols that our venue had, and our guests really appreciated it.

We thought her rates were very reasonable, especially for the peace of mind she provided to me, my fiance, and our families on our wedding day. Kelly was a pleasure to work with and we highly recommend her.

• F

Felicia · Married on 08/05/2010

Kelly was awesome! We wanted someone for day of wedding coordination for our small and intimate wedding at Cornerstone Gardens Vineyard House. Kelly was the perfect person. We met once before the wedding at the site and she was extraordinarily helpful with some ideas to pull the entire event together. She also was a godsend in connecting and coordinating with our caterer who tended to ignore my request for information. Kelly always responded promptly and professionally and if I had to do it again, I'd hire her ten times over. A great, friendly, energetic, and creative woman.