Katherine's Bridal Boutique Reviews

198 | Alexandria, VA

198 Reviews for Katherine's Bridal Boutique

I thought Katherine's Bridal was great, and I would highly recommend them for any bride that is looking for a boutique experience. Kathleen and Katherine are great to work with on pricing. I found Azam and Sonny to be great Sales Consultants, and the the seamstresses are expert and can accommodate many adjustments. The most helpful things you can do, I think, are to make an appointment. Also, during your phone call for your appointment, make sure to tell them what your budget is, and what kind of styles you prefer. They will be able to have some dresses in mind when you get there. This will save all of you time.

Don't be afraid to Bargain. (Seriously, with all your vendors!).

I went back to them, at least twice for fittings, and many more times than that for reasons I can't even remember now. Every time, I found them to be fun and easy and welcoming and wonderful. I have recommended them to several friends. Do drive, don't take the metro, and keep in mind that they're parking lot is small. Also, they are right next door to a drycleaner's that has a lot of experience cleaning the dresses after your wedding. I highly recommend them as well.

Sent on 03/14/2013

Becky · Married on 09/27/2009

I adore this store! This store provided me with everything a bride could ask for. They are putting girls in dresses all day long but somehow manage to make you feel special and like you are the only bride in the room. I had to go in there probably ten times for one reason or another (4 of them were for alterations. I am three different sizes thru my chest, waist, and hips so it took a few times to make it perfect.) and everytime I was there they were so friendly. They really took care of me. They are not cheap but by no means are expensive. They have plenty of options for you to look at especially if you are a Maggie Sottero fan.

Sent on 11/01/2009
  • jgold

Jodi · Married on 06/06/2009

I found a beautiful Amy Kuschel silk mikado dress at Katherines. I wanted something simple and they found the perfect dress for me at a great price. I had 4 fittings instead of 3 because I continued to lose weight and they had to continue to take in the dress. I guess it was the wedding stress diet. :) Service was great. I like the small shop and the special attention. They even sewed in my grandmother's platinum and pearl pendant into my zipper pull and it was perfect. We customized the dress a bit making a small sweep train too. Great service, great selection, dependable..love Katherines.

Sent on 07/13/2009

I made 4 appointments to try on bridal gowns. I went to David's Bridal first; my second stop was Katherine's. I ended up canceling my other appointments because I fell in love with a gown at Katherine's. They are very busy, make sure you have an appointment and are flexible on time. We had a wait a little bit for the appointment, but it was worth being patient. The owner was there and took the time to listen to the type of dress I was interested in and pulled gowns that matched my style right away. Once I found a dress I was really into, she dimmed the lights and put a veil on my head and I was sold! She even talked to me about the different dress options (I wanted a zipper and buttons added) and seemed to know everything about the designer and dress options. I did not feel rushed and she was very genuine and honest.

Side note: You are not allowed to take pictures here, usually that stems from the designers not allowing it. We were able to take one photo once she knew I was going to buy the dress, but do not expect to take pictures of all the dresses you try on. Apparently this is pretty standard for boutiques!

Sent on 05/06/2016

Sara · Married on 08/01/2015

The ladies at Katherine's really went above and beyond for me when I bought my wedding dress, bolero, and custom veil from them. They saw me for many alterations appointments and accommodated me when I changed my mind about the bustle. Anna made me a beautiful custom veil and bolero by hand. Prices were reasonable for the amount of work done for me, and they were very flexible with my requests (just be persistent). Thank you, ladies!

Sent on 09/13/2015

Ra Shandra · Married on 06/07/2015

My Dress was AMAZING!!! As soon as I walked into Katherine's Bridal Boutique I was greeted warmly and told they had the perfect silhouette for me. Lucky for them, it was the same silhouette I had in mind. As I was trying on dresses they brought another dress saying they'd been listening to what I liked and disliked...and they listen well. This was THE DRESS!!! I was I love (may have shed a tear or two). 10 months and many fittings later, they'd matched the most perfect veil. They even packed my dress so I could transport it to my destination wedding. These women are in tune with what works best and don't just try to sell you anything. I felt like a queen on my wedding day.

-Mrs. Jason J. Clark

Sent on 06/17/2015

Cassie · Married on 05/10/2015

Went to 15 bridal shops and bought my dress here. Fell in love with an Allure gown. No one else had this dress. I had a strict budget and the dress was over the budget. Worked with the manager and was given a discount to be able to afford my dress. I did not have my dress altered here but was able to buy the dress off the rack with was great because I did not have to stress about the dress coming in on time.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Katherine's Bridal was really wonderful to work with! I had found a dress I loved online, and went shopping a few other places with my mom and sister, comparing everything to the picture I brought with me. I found something similar somewhere else, but couldn't get past the picture I had found. After calling around a lit with the maker and style number, I spoke to Azam, and she assured me that they had the dress and I could come by to try it on whenever.

When I got there, Azam had the dress pulled out and ready to go. She made me feel very comfortable, and not rushed once I had the dress on, but I felt like I couldn't make a decision without having a few friends and family members with me. She assured me that all she wanted is for me to be happy with my decision, and we set up a time that I could come over with people after trying on the first dress at another store. When we got there, it was an easy decision.

Azam worked with me along the way, and I ended up ordering my bridesmaids dresses with Katherine's too. The whole process was really easy, and at the end of everything, the dresses all looked amazing! From start to finish, I had great service and everyone seemed to love all of the dresses!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Katherine's was the second shop I visited when I was looking for my wedding dress. After hearing my vague description of what I thought I wanted, they pulled the dress I ended up buying from the rack for me to try on. I loved my dress and they were very helpful in thinking about accessories. We also bought the 2 bridesmaid dresses there and they helped us with accessories for them as well. I received lots of compliments on my dress and found the team at Katherine's very easy to work with.

Sent on 11/11/2014

Elissa · Married on 09/26/2014

One of my good friends had purchased her gown at Katherine's a couple of years ago. I had picked out a wedding gown I liked on the internet and luckily Katherine's had that designer and the gown available to try on so off we went. Kathleen was my consultant and was excellent. I tried on the gown I saw on the internet and fell in love. I, of course, didn't want to stop at the first gown so Kathleen picked out several more gowns that were similar and some that were not. After spending about an hour trying on gowns, I went back to the first one and just knew it was the one. I had another appt at a different salon right after and my friends encouraged me to go to that appt to try on other gown just to make sure. Kathleen was extremely understanding and wasn't pushy at all for me to buy the dress right then and there. I called her the next day and ordered the dress! She was excellent to work with and responsive with e-mails. I did not use Katherine's for alterations because I found Blanca Shek with Fresca Designs LLC mentioned several times in other Katherine's bridal reviews as being a great seamstress and for much less money. I would highly recommend looking into her. Overall, I had a great experience. The only negative was that my mom lives in MI and was unable to make it here for my shopping experience. Katherine's did not allow me to take any pictures even after I explained that my mom was anxiously waiting for pictures in MI because she couldn't make it.

Sent on 11/01/2014

Carey · Married on 10/19/2013

Katherine's was a great place to get my gown and do alterations. They have a great selection and the ladies in there are incredibly nice (and they say you just look great unless you really do!). They had my dress right on time and all of my bridesmaids dresses ordered correctly and on time. Alterations were perfect - my dress fit like a glove.

Sent on 11/02/2013

dara · Married on 10/05/2013

I walked into Katherine's not knowing what style dress I wanted and after talking with Katherine herself for a few minuets, she came out and told me she had the dress for me. I tried it on and sure enough, it was "the dress". The staff at katherine's are all so wonderful and I had such a great experience getting my dress there. I worked with Azam, and she was the absolute sweetest! My seamstress was Ludy and she was incredible. The day I picked up my dress, it still felt too big, and while I waited, Ludy carefully was sewing away making sure it was perfect. The dresses are expensive, as are alterations, but the friendly staff and professionalism make it an overall wonderful experience.

Sent on 11/01/2013

Christine · Married on 05/19/2013

I went to Katherine's after reading many reviews about the other boutiques in the DC area. I really wanted a great dress and David's Bridal wasn't for me, but I also didn't want to go to a place that wasn't friendly and didn't care about the customer. When I arrived they immediately helped me and were very friendly. The consultant I had didn't quite get the idea I was going for but when another consultant overheard my thoughts she came right over and said she had a dress I just had to see. She was right! I looked at this dress and put it on and just fell in love. That was my dress! I tried on another one since this dress was about $500 over my budget, but in the end they were able to help me out with the price just a little. They gave me the time and privacy to talk to my mom, no pressure. When they ordered the dress I came in for another fitting and the size they ordered was exactly me! I ended up only needing an adjustment to the hem (I'm short) and then of course they put in the bustle. On the day of the wedding I have several family members who know a lot about dress making and they all said that the hem and bustle were done perfectly and that everything sat exactly the way it was suppose to. It was amazing! I can't even tell you how wonderful my dress turned out and there were absolutely no problems along the way!
    My only reason that this wasn't 5 stars was that I had asked for the dress to be pressed/steamed before the day of the wedding. The gown was silk organza, very soft and floaty and had a chapel sized train. The pressing wasn't done, and of course I didn't realize this before I left the salon. So the dress had this one huge wrinkle in it, on the train, where it had obviously been folded up in the garment bag for months. This kind of worked itself out through the night, and wasn't a huge problem, but I would just be sure to check and make sure you've received this service if you asked for it, before you leave the salon.

Sent on 07/24/2013

Charlene · Married on 05/19/2012

Katherine's has a wonderful selection of dresses in various styles and price points. I had gone to several other stores and found my dress at Katherine's. The staff was friendly and helpful while shopping and during alterations. Like most boutiques, they work on appointment and are very busy so arrive on time.

Sent on 11/16/2012

Jen · Married on 07/08/2011

They were the only shop in all of No. Va. who had the one dress I had seen in a magazine. They let me come in the morning I saw it and I bought it right then and there. Very sweet ladies who alter too.

Sent on 09/16/2011

Emily · Married on 04/16/2011

The ladies at Katherine's were so wonderful to work with. I had dreaded wedding dress shopping and they made me feel comfortable right off the bat. I ended up having my dress changed from its original design, and they worked right with me and made me feel comfortable and confident that it would turn out just as I wanted it.

They found me a dress that was well below my price range, and when they saw that I loved it they didn't encourage me to try some that were more expensive, which I really appreciated.

The only reason I rated them a 4.0 in Quality of Service was that 2 of the bustle strings broke during the night & we had to figure out a way to rig it using safety pins.

Sent on 04/17/2011

elaine · Married on 04/16/2011

From start to finish they were great.

Sent on 04/24/2011
  • Jaemi C. fka Jaemi S. :-)

Jaemi · Married on 10/16/2010

I bought my wedding dress and veil there and I was very happy with the service. Kathleen was the one who assisted me and she was just fantastic the whole way thru. She was very professional and had a great memory and always asked about my family, which I thought, was nice. She was also very accommodating to my schedule and to the fact that I had lost 30lbs so alterations were a bit of struggle. My only disappointment was with part of the alterations; my bustle was not done correctly and ended up falling during the reception. I will take some blame since I was not firm with what I wanted but otherwise I was extremely satisfied!

Sent on 10/26/2010
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/04/2010

When I first began searching for my gown, my mom had called Katherine's in seach of one specific gown I wanted to try on. Although Katherine's did not have this gown, my mom was very impressed with how pleasant they were to speak with on the phone. She told me that if I wound up not liking the gown I was in seach of, that I should definitely come to Katherine's because of how helpful they were. Well, I did just that! After I realized that falling in love with internet pictures wasn't working out, I went into Katherine's with a very open mind and was so impressed with their service. Kathy worked with me and we picked out about 10 gowns. The 11th gown I found in the back corner of the shop right before we were about to head into the fitting room. It was the first one I tried on there, and the only one I tried on! Different from some of the bridal boutiques I visited, Katherine's is quaint and they give you one-on-one attention. Someone is always with you in the fitting room or just outside so that you're not left to handle all that dress by yourself. From the outside the shop doesn't look that great, and parking can be a pain, but they have a lovely selection of dresses. Every time I entered the shop (or even calld for that matter) they knew exactly who I was... they'd greet me by my first name, even if I was walking in without an appointment. Customer service definitely won me over at Katherine's! It was about an hour drive each time I went out there, but it was worth it every time.

Sent on 08/17/2010

Jacquelyn · Married on 05/07/2010

The associates made the dress fittings fun. The seamstress was wonderful - she did a great job on the alterations. It's a small bridal boutique so the parking is limited. However, the parking issue was worth the personal touch.

Sent on 05/25/2010
  • Angie

Angie · Married on 08/29/2009

Katherine is amazing!!! We ordered our bridesmaid, junior bridesmaid, and flower girl dresses from her shop. She sat with us and talked about colors, styles, and designers while were trying to figure out what dresses we wanted to order. My bridesmaids enjoyed working with the shop - many even had their alterations done with her seamstresses! The dresses were beautiful. The only potential issue was that we had one staff member who was not particularly pleasant - HOWEVER, Katherine was very responsive to our concern when we raised it with her, and the staff member changed here attitude almost immediately. Katherine knows her brides and is extremely responsive and flexible!!

Sent on 08/30/2009

Anna · Married on 01/24/2009

Katherine's was the second bridal boutique that I had visited, and unlike the first store that I went to this one had qualified people who helped me to find the perfect dress. In fact, the dress was the very first one I tried on here! I had to do a rush order because my wedding date was soon, but it came in plenty of time and the alterations didn't take long. Definitely check this store out for your wedding dress!

Sent on 03/01/2009

Jill · Married on 05/11/2008

I found a lovely dress at a decent price. The unique thing was that I was able to make custom changes to the dress when I ordered it. That made the difference for me. I really had a dress that was all my own and not off the rack at some huge retailer. The shop is small, but that is only a negative on Saturday mornings. The benefit of it being small is that you get personalized attention. Once I decided to buy from Katherine's it was just nice not to have worry about anything. The dress arrived on time, the alterations were done in time, the location was convenient for me, and the most important part....the final result was stunning. I received compliment after compliment all through the event. I wish I could wear it again.

Sent on 06/13/2008
  • I

Ilene · Married on 04/26/2008

Love my dress and employees are so friendly

Sent on 05/25/2008
  • Mrs. Dryfoos

Emily · Married on 03/29/2008

Katherine's Bridal Boutique had the perfect balance of selection, personal attention, and customer service. I visited many other shops in the area and found that Katherine's was the only one to meet all my needs.

Sent on 05/16/2008