Katherine's Bridal Boutique Reviews

198 | Alexandria, VA

198 Reviews for Katherine's Bridal Boutique

Ashley · Married on 05/21/2011

Katherine's is great. It was easy to get an appointment and they had a great selection. At my appointment, the staff was attentive, but not annoying or pushy at all. And they were so friendly!

Throughout the process, they were great. My dress arrived early, I always enjoyed going there for fittings, and their seamstresses are amazing!!!! So patient and INCREDIBLY SKILLFUL! This is way more important than I realized when I started looking for a wedding dress. Don't just go to any shop to buy your dress, make sure you will trust them to alter your dress! I loved Ludy (my seamstress)! She also made me a custom veil and attached a family heirloom that has been in my husband's family for hundreds of years! Seriously, I would not have trusted just anyone with that.

Thank you everyone at Katherine's for making my wedding day perfect - I love my dress and it looks so fabulous in all my pictures! You are the best!

Sent on 03/12/2012

Katrina · Married on 05/07/2011

I had a great experience dress shopping at Katherine's! Azam was the salesperson who helped me and she was so sweet and helpful. I went there for an Alvina Valenta trunk show without an apt. and was helped promptly anyway. I got my dress, veil, tiarai & 2 of my bridesmaid dresses from Katherine's. I went for 3 fittings before picking up the dress and the lady who did the tailoring was so sweet.

My only complaint with the place is that I know the mother of one of my friend's who is adept at negotiating got a special deal for my friend who also got her wedding dress at Katherine's to get a lot of free stuff -- including free veil, alterations, and tiara which kind of makes me feel cheated because I payed full price. Then again, I have never been good at trying to get stuff for free & didn't even try.

Sent on 06/03/2011
  • Pepitta

Pepitta · Married on 10/08/2010

I purchased my gown, veil and all my bridesmaids dresses at Katherines. The staff there and specifically Kathleen made our experience the most memorable exerience ever. She was outstaning in assisting with my gown selection and her recommedations were a major plus in my buying decision. Thank you Katherines for assiting in my dream come true.

Sent on 10/22/2010
  • doyoulovelucy

Lucy · Married on 09/04/2010

My dress was perfect! Thanks for making this an easy process for me!

Sent on 09/12/2010

gail · Married on 07/24/2010

Great selection of dresses and warm, friendly, not-pushy atmosphere. The wedding consultants really know their business and go out of their way to help you out. We bought for the entire bridal party there and were very pleased with everything. You get the feeling of being in a small town store in the heart of Washington DC which is a nice thing for the frazzled bride.

Sent on 07/31/2010

Adrienne · Married on 07/24/2010

I purchased my WTOO dress from Katherine's. I had done alot of research online and had checked out Hitched and Hannelore's. Katherine's had the dress I was looking for. The staff was so friendly and helpful. I love the intimate setting for trying on dresses. They made you feel very comfortable. Great alterations and tailoring.

Sent on 08/12/2010

Rebekah · Married on 05/15/2010

I had a great experience at Katherine's. I found my bridesmaid dresses here, I thought they had a very good selection of styles and brands. My MOH and I went on a weeknight, maybe a Tuesday and there was only one other customer in the store so we got to take plenty of time. I think my MOH probably tried on about 20 dresses! But we ended up choosing a winner. We did not do alterations here but only because 2 of my bridesmaids live out of state and the other didn't need any changes. Thanks!

Sent on 10/31/2010

Kate · Married on 06/06/2009

I adored working with Katherine's Bridal! They were the last of about 6 bridal shops I visited and it was like a breath of fresh air. They knew instantly what dress to put me in - and after trying on 100's of dresses, it was THE ONE that took my breath away and made me cry. They were so accomodating during the alterations period and their staff are just fun people. Prices were very reasonable, too - after being told at another store that "they don't carry dresses in my price range" it was wonderful to see the selection they had for what I wanted to spend ($1200 for the dress; another $350 in alterations).

Sent on 07/14/2009

Mary Ann · Married on 05/30/2009

HIGHLY recommend if you are looking for quality dresses and service! My mom is from NJ and used to be a buyer for a dept. store and we went to several dress shops in the area and she felt like they really didn't know what we were after and were not very knowledgeable. When I first went into Katherine's, I was greeted by everyone and I was helped by Kathy (as I had made an appt. with her via recommendations from both The Knot and Wedding Wire). She asked me what I envisioned and my price range was listed on the card I had filled out. I only told her a few things and she picked out about 10 dresses that were all in my range and all beautiful, however it was only 1 that won me over in the end. It was a new Maggie Sottero Paigeley and it was 100% me. Fit me perfectly that I didn't need any alterations except to have it shortened, bustled and I had little cap sleeves added from the additional lace on my dress, as I did not want strapless. The cap sleeves were created by their wonderful in-house seamstress, Anna. I only told her what I wanted and she designed them so that it looked like the dress came that way! Absolutely perfect.

Only downside of this shop is the location! The parking lot is very tiny and because they spend so much time with all of their clients, the parking situation can get interesting. However, we just ended up parking across the street, no biggie. The first time I went was on an early Saturday morning and luckily the weather was bad so it wasn't busy! Great for me and my mom! I would recommend going during their daytime hours or in the evenings.

One thing that my mom and I appreciated about Kathy is she did not tell you that you look "beautiful" in every dress you try on. She was able to take my vision and body type to find the perfect dress. She is extremely personable! I just loved her!

Sent on 07/15/2009

SILVIA · Married on 05/30/2009

Katherine, Carmen and the rest of the staff at Katherine's Bridal were a pleasure to work with. They are very patient, sweet and determined. I did not have one single delay or problem while I worked with them. Everything was delivered on time or sometimes even earlier. It was truly a wonderful experience.

Sent on 08/11/2009

Jordan · Married on 04/26/2009

Katherine's was a great shop, although I recommend going on a weekday to get more attention. We went on a Friday, and they spent hours helping us find the perfect dress! Their suggestions to make minor changes really helped our selection, and it was no contest when it came time to purchase the dress! For being a small shop, there were lots of options at different budget levels.

Sent on 05/19/2009
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 10/12/2008

Katherine's is a hidden gem. Located off a main road and sandwiched between two buildings, this boutique is Alexandria's best kept secret!! I was treated with genuine excitement from the first day I walked through their doors. I was looking for an Alvina Valenta and was floored by their large selection. Spending time in Katherine's was one of the more enjoyable tasks of wedding planning. I worked with wonderful women who gave me all the time I needed and made me feel comfortable and special.
    One of the best parts of my experience was meeting and talking with the lovely woman who altered my gown. She is a true talent and passionate about making a woman's dress fit her perfectly...and she made me look and feel wonderful!
    Their excitement and interest in my plans and vision were sincere and I feel truly blessed that I met the women of Katherine's. They ensured that my dress fit well and my choice was the most flattering that I could make. I was very well taken care of at this lovely little gem!

Sent on 11/26/2008

Karen · Married on 08/11/2007

Katherine's was wonderful! I found the perfect dress in no time and they were so very nice and accomodating always! It was a true pleasure to work with them.

Sent on 09/05/2007

Jennifer · Married on 07/29/2007

After being treated so poorly at Lady Hamilton in Arlington (a bunch of snobs!), I found the wonderful Katherine's. They were kind and fun and helped me find "the" dress. It arrived on time and was altered to perfection. I highly recommend Katherine's.

Sent on 10/14/2008

Lizzette · Married on 03/31/2007

I GOT A BEAUTIFUL PRINCESS DRESS SO AFFORDABLE! NO ONE COULD BELIEVE IT! HEH HEH! AND THE BRIDESMAID DRESSES WERE AVAILABLE ALSO!

Sent on 05/16/2007

E · Married on 10/07/2006

Katherine was a pleasure to work with in choosing my wedding dress, bridesmaids dresses, and Mother of the Bride's dress. She and her staff are very professional, and skilled especially with regards to choosing the correct sizes requiring minimal alterations. I went back and forth for several different fittings, and each time the seamstresses took the time to alter my dress perfectly. They did a beautiful job!

Sent on 05/29/2007

Jami · Married on 09/01/2018

Katherine and her team are fabulous! We were referred there by my future sister-in-law who bought her dress there. Im so happy she referred us here! They were very welcoming to me and my family during our first visit as I tried on several dresses. Their dress options are vast and everything I tried on was beautiful. They have an amazing seamstress who spent multiple hours on making sure my dress fit perfectly. Katherine has even extended the offer to preserve my dress because we had to wait a little while they finished the hem the night I had to pick it up before we left town. They are super nice, accommodating and very professional. Very grateful for the wonderful experience I've had and would recommend them to the next bride-to-be!!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Jill · Married on 07/29/2016

Purchased my dress and our daughters' bridesmaids dresses here. The staff listened to what I wanted as a second time bride and showed me things only within the budget I gave them. Katherine is friendly and helpful.

Sent on 05/13/2016

Katherine's Bridal Boutique did a fantastic job helping me find my ideal wedding dress. Katherine's was the first of what I expected to be many bridal shop visits...who knew it would be my first and only? I worked with Shanna, and after showing her a few photos of my ideal dress, she searched the shop for similar items within my price range. I only tried on 3 gowns. The second one was just what I was looking for! I'm a fan of a little bling - so Shanna showed me two different belts. The second one added just enough sparkle to make me smile. Shanna took my measurements, which were perfect. She also helped me identify the exact height for my bridal shoes to ensure the scalloped edges on the dress would be visible. At my first fitting, the dress fit like a glove and only needed minor adjustments. I walked out of the store with my dress after only two fittings. I also moved across the country after I purchased the gown. The team worked with my availability by cramming those two fittings into one week!! It was an amazing experience, from the initial appointment to the seamstress' efforts to make the dress exactly the way I wanted it within a few days. There's a reason Katherine's has been in business for years. If you, like me, found negative reviews elsewhere, just know there's much more to this story and you should give this shop a chance! I am so glad I did!

Sent on 08/01/2015

Megan · Married on 10/03/2015

I absolutely LOVE Katherine's Bridal! I first came to them as a maid of honor for my best friend when she picked out her wedding dress. Kathleen was so fabulous with my friend that I knew when it was my turn that I would be back. I had the opportunity to work with Kathleen again and she helped me pick out the absolute perfect dress. The only reason I didn't give a full 5/5 is because the alteration process was a little lengthy and I came in for what I was told would be my final fitting 3 times, other than that, Katherine's was an amazing experience and I recommend them to all the brides I know!

Sent on 10/17/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/03/2015

Wedding dress shopping can be daunting, but definitely NOT at Katharine’s Bridal. The small, intimate space really offers a one-on-one, personal shopping experience. I loved that Katharine and her associates took the time to listen and work with me. From choosing my dress to fitting and alterations, everyone I worked with was professional, prompt and accommodating. I had a worry-free experience that didn’t break my budget and, above all, I LOVE my dress!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Rachel · Married on 09/12/2015

Katherine's Bridal Boutique was my second dress shopping appointment - I am so happy that I kept shopping after the first one! Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. I simply gave a general idea of what I was looking for, and I immediately had 5 beautiful gowns hanging up in a dressing room. I found the perfect dress! Katherine's was very flexible in scheduling my fittings, which I greatly appreciated coming from out of town. I definitely recommend Katherine's to anyone dress shopping. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/04/2015
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 01/04/2014

I can't say enough good things about my experience at Katherine's. I had looked at another store first and found a dress that I liked, but was not in love with, so I came to give Katherine's a try. When I came for my appointment, I told the consultant what I was looking for, told her my budget and showed her a photo of the dress from the other store and let her know what I liked and didn't like about it. Immediately, she said she had an idea and brought me two dresses. She told me to try this one on first because she knew it would be one that I would like. I tried it on, came out and my mom and I started to cry. That was it! I didn't even want to try on the other one. I didn't want to take it off! My dad walked over and looked at the tag and saw that the dress was significantly under the budget we had given them, which made me so happy. The consultant picked the dress she knew I would love the most, instead of trying to sell me a more expensive dress. Everything else went pretty smoothly as well. The dress came in when they said it would and I think I had 3 fittings to get everything all set. They showed us how to do the bustle (which we videotaped during the appointment - I recommend doing this because it was another 1.5 months before my wedding and we wouldn't have remembered how without that video) I took off 1/2 of a star for professionalism because for the second fitting, when I came to my appointment, the alterations from the previous appointment were not quite done. I could have come back in a couple of hours, but I had other commitments and had to drive back the next day instead. They were very apologetic and the quality of the work turned out to be excellent. It was not a big deal and did not shake my confidence in their work. Overall, I LOVED my dress and my experience with the store. Would absolutely recommend Katherine's.

Sent on 01/30/2014

Julie · Married on 01/26/2013

Only reason I gave them 4.5 stars for value, is because I feel crazy for spending the amount of money I did for a dress I wear one night. However, it's Alvina Valenta's fault, not Katherine's :) I love Katherine's Bridal. The ladies there are so friendly and genuine. I looked forward to my fittings and miss not seeing them. I saw my dress online a few months before I was engaged. I just had a feeling that that dress was mine. Just my luck, Katherine's carried the designer and was only 1 mile from my house. They were able to get the dress in for me to try and as soon as I put it on, I knew it was the one. They made my dress dream come true.

Sent on 03/03/2013

Kristen · Married on 11/12/2011

I went to Katherines because they carry Maggie Sottero gowns and 2 of my friends got their Maggie gowns there. The 3 of us had positive experiences, me in particular. My friends advised to come with pictures of dresses you like, and to trust they consultants, they are professionals. I went in with pictures of my 2 top dresses, tried them both on, and explained to shanna what I liked/didnt like. She then went and pulled "the" dress. I did end up trying on others, even at other places, and it was still that 3rd dress. Rosslyns in Falls Church had the Maggies dress at a cheaper price, but since I felt more comfortable at Katherines I told them and they matched the price. And its true, you could spend months trying on dress after dress and you just have to make a decision, which the consultants relay- but its a bit stressful if you feel like you are worried about making the wrong choice or arent 100%. My dress was altered perfectly and I loved my wedding dress! (Maggie - Dominique)

Once I found the dress, it would take a while for it to get in obviously, and then the wedding was months away. I really wanted my grandmother to see me in my wedding dress, but wasnt sure if she would make it to the wedding. I called Katherines and explained, and they said to come in (on a busy Saturday) and they would accommadate. We loaded up my 90 yo grandma, on oxygen and headed to Katherines and they popped me in the dressing room real quick and helped me in to the sample gown of the one I bought. My grandma didnt make it to the wedding and passed away a month following, before we even got photos. Having that memory and experience of her with me at Katherines, seeing me in my wedding dress, is something I will always remember, and am grateful to those at Katherines who made it possible. For that reason alone Id recommend Katherines to anyone.

The only negatives/reccommendations would be they could tone down the pressure a bit, parking is an issue, not being able to look through the gowns, and not be able to take a picture are both really disapointing - those are all things brides want for an enjoyable and stress free experience.

Sent on 01/20/2012