Katherine's Bridal Boutique Reviews

198 | Alexandria, VA

198 Reviews for Katherine's Bridal Boutique

Kelly · Married on 11/02/2013

Katherine's Bridal Boutique was such a pleasure to work with. They were very helpfulk from start to finish. They rushed ordered my dream dress and did all the alterations in the same day so I wouldnt have to make another trip. Great place to go to find your wedding gown!! I would definitely receommend them!!

Sent on 11/13/2013

Clarice · Married on 10/18/2013

I am a decisive bride, and when I know what I want, I can move forward pretty quickly. I can hands down say that finding my dress was my favorite, least stressful part of the whole wedding planning process.

I entered Katherine's Bridal a few months after I was engaged, without an appointment, just to see if they would accommodate. Even if it was Saturday, I was greeted and told that they "HAD" my dress. I was pretty skeptical because the dress they pulled out was not what I initially had in mind, but I also hadn't had the best of experiences with what I had in mind at a previous dress shop. I put the dress on and IMMEDIATELY said yes to the dress. From entering the Bridal Shop to ordering the PERFECT dress-- I was in and out within 32 minutes.

The staff here is so kind and warm and made me feel like a princess the whole time. I met with them about 6 times before actually walking down the aisle, and by the time I picked up the dress, I was a little sad that I wouldn't be meeting with them again.

HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend all of the Katherine's Bridal Staff! XO!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Kelly · Married on 10/12/2013

I was able to walk in explain what I was looking for and they went right to the rack and found the perfect dress for me! Always very friendly staff wether in the store or calling to ask a question!

Sent on 08/26/2013

Priscilla · Married on 10/05/2013

I ordered Watters gown from Katherine's in early April in a size 4 and lost 18 pounds before it had come in and I was able to go back and get it altered, by that time I needed a size 0 which is hard to alter that much down but they were able to make it happen and the dress was flawless!!!!!!
    Everyone at the shop was personable and was easy to get an appointment around my schedule .. I felt like everyone was there to make me feel like a princess :)

Sent on 11/01/2013

Heather · Married on 08/24/2013

Katherine's was amazing from start to finish. The place is small, but the selection is surprisingly vast. Kathleen was my bridal consultant. Kathleen listened to everything that I was looking for and brought me dresses that not only had what I was looking for, but also stayed within my budget. I love the dress I decided on, and was thrilled not only with the dress, but the service I received there. I've been back twice for fittings, and both times Kathleen was there to greet me and the seamstresses were wonderful! I was very fortunate that the only alteration I needed was having the hem taken up. I attribute that to Kathleen making the right call on what size to order. Every time I’ve called to set up an appointment or ask a question I’ve always been helped right away and had my questions answered. Everyone who works there really loves what they do and working with brides, and it shows! I am getting married in three weeks and can’t wait to pick up my dress!

Sent on 08/05/2013

Cydney · Married on 07/20/2013

Katerine's is absolutely a Godsend! Two weeks before my wedding, my last bridesmaid dress arrives (ordered from a different store) and it's the WRONG DRESS. Wrong color, wrong dress, all wrong! So I called Katherine's in a complete panic to see if they had anything at least in the right color and remotely close to the style that was in inventory already (too late to order a new one). Katherine stayed after hours on the phone with me that first night combing through my designer's inventory and suggesting any possible solution she could. In the end, the only dress in the right color was COMPLETELY different than the others. Without hesitation, Katherine's offered to reconstruct the dress to look more similar and do it all in less than a week! They turned a short, one shoulder dress into a long strapless dress and it looked absolutely amazing. Their seamstress worked me a miracle and though it was a pricey solution, it was money well spent. They completely understood my sense of urgency and were patient and responsive the entire time. Would definitely recommend their team to anyone.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Richelle · Married on 06/29/2013

Katherine's was a wonderful place! They were extremely helpful throughout the process of choosing my dress, my fittings, and teaching my mom how to corset the dress. They were also extremely accommodating to my flower girl and her mom when we bought her dress there as well. I would definitely recommend this store to future brides!

Sent on 07/03/2013

Janice · Married on 04/26/2013

Katherin's Bridal boutique was my first stop in my bridal dress search. Azam helped and she was wonderful! She knew what kind of dress I would like and what looked great on me in just a few minutes of meeting me. I knew right away I had found my dress.
    I also told them I was on a budget and they completely worked with me!
    But I knew I had to shop around, because all my friends and family advised me to.
    Of course, I came back for the dress and for the great service.

Sent on 12/13/2012
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 04/14/2013

I found my gown at Katherine's Bridal Boutique three years before I was even engaged. My mother was dying from ovarian cancer when I had the idea to get my dress before it was too late. Every mother and daughter should have this experience together and I knew my mother deserved to have this precious moment with me before she passed away.

My friend called Katherine's and explained the sensitive situation. They were more than willing to be part of this moment and worked their tails off to find the perfect dress. My consultant actually found the dress I wore on my big day! It had everything I asked and was more than I could have ever have dreamed of wearing on my wedding day! I am so thankful for her expertise and knowledge of the inventory. After picking out my dress, I went on a second date with my now husband! :) He knew my plans all along and was so supportive of my decision.

After I found my dress, I made an appointment for my mother to come see me in it. Katherine's gave us the back room for privacy and jazzed me up so my mother could see her daughter as a bride. I stepped out of their dressing room only to catch my mother's eyes gazing at me in awe and pride. We were able to take pictures and spend an exceptional amount of time together enjoying this moment. I never wanted it to end because I knew it would never happen again. Katherine's staff was right there with us and also shared in the emotional moment.

My mother died 3 weeks after we bought the dress but her heart was whole and at peace after spending time seeing me as a bride. I can't thank Katherine's Bridal Boutique enough for their patience, sensitivity, and support. These pictures are beyond special to me and will forever be grateful for them for allowing us to spend this time together.

Sent on 05/10/2013
  • Emily890

Emily · Married on 04/13/2013

They were wonderful, I had a disaster with my first dress, so I came here and they felt so bad for me, they gave me a beautiful Eve of Milady Sample dress for over half off, it saved my wedding day! They were also great with the alteration and quick!! I purchased the dress a week before my wedding - this is unheard of in many stores!!

Sent on 04/30/2013

JenWen · Married on 04/06/2013

I could not be happier with my dress and the great customer service I received at Katherine's Bridal. My mother, best friend and I went to go look at dresses in August and went to a few shops prior to going to Katherine's. We called to make a quick appointment and we were lucky they had availability, so we quickly made it across town from Chevy Chase to Alexandria. I had an idea and photo in mind of what I was looking for. I met with Kathleen and I showed her what I had in mind and what some of my thoughts were. 8 dresses were quickly pulled, but I had my eye on one, it was the first and last gown I tried on! My mom loved it and that was all the confirmation I needed.

Throughout the next few months I was in contact with Kathleen and had gone in time and time again for dress fittings and to show the dress to my bridesmaids. Each fitting was painless and quick. I had come into Katherine's time and time again with friends...all of whom had purchased their dresses from there as well, I just knew one day that is where I would purchase my dress!

Katherine and her entire staff are friendly and nice and make the whole dress shopping experience wonderful. They aren't pushy and are there for the bride. I recently just went back there to take my dress to get cleaned and preserved, and it was just so nice to be able to visit with them!

Sent on 04/11/2013

Stacy · Married on 03/09/2013

Katherine's Bridal Boutique has been absolutely amazing during the dress process! I got my dress there, as well as the bridesmaids dresses. One of my bridesmaids even ordered the wrong size, and the boutique took care of it with no problem. They remember my name every time I go in, and are always so nice to me. And my Maggie Sottero dress is absolutely stunning!

Sent on 02/17/2013

Lynn · Married on 11/10/2012

I bought my wedding dress from Katherine's Bridal, and Katherine and her staff made the entire experience absolutely wonderful! I went dress shopping by myself, as my family does not live nearby, but the women at Katherine's were quick to fill in as family members, as they all stood around and "oo'ed and ah'ed" at each dress I tried on. I went in with a pretty good idea as to what I wanted, and the assistants went right to work, pulling out the dresses I was describing - they did not try to get me to try on anything other than what I described, which was fabulous. They were also patient as I took my time trying to make my final decision. After I purchased my dress, I returned to Katherine's to buy my bridesmaid dresses, and again, Katherine and her staff were extremely helpful and catered to our every need. One of my bridesmaids became pregnant after we ordered her dress, but no issue was too big for Katherine's staff - they ensured we took the best route to get a dress that fit for my bridesmaid, with no hesitation at all. Katherine and her staff are professional, extremely flexible, great listeners, and they really care about their brides! I highly recommend Katherine's Bridal to all!

Sent on 12/31/2012

Elaine · Married on 10/19/2012

I had a GREAT experience at Katherine's. I'm not sure what people found to complain about! I found the perfect dress and was so impressed with the staff and atmosphere. The owner, Katherine, and the consultant who assisted us, Kathleen, could not have been more helpful and enjoyable to work with. Kathleen picked out dresses that were exactly my style and they were so patient and helpful while I took my time deciding between 2 final options. I ended up with the perfect dress & veil and was so happy with the overall experience. My mom & I were both thrilled with the selection of dresses, the prices, and the fabulous service. I would highly recommend this shop to anyone!!!

Sent on 11/26/2011
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/15/2012

I had been to many places trying to find the perfect dress but was disappointed each time until I came to Katherine's! As soon as I walked in, I described my dress to Shauna and she told me to wait a minute..and she came back with one dress! I was used to trying on multiple but she told me to trust her and to only try on this dress first. I was feeling pretty defeated in dress shopping since I had yet to find the perfect dress but I tried i went to the dressing room to try it on. As soon as I saw myself in the mirror i knew it was "the one!!!" My dress was absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Throughout the months leading up to my wedding, the staff were great and extremely helpful. On wedding day when I put on my dress, it fit like a glove and everyone complimented me! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 09/17/2012

I worked with Azam at the botique. She really listens to what you want in a wedding dress and helps you pick the perfect one!

Sent on 12/06/2013

I had an excellent experience with Katherine and her staff. They helped me to find a beautiful dress that was within my budget and that made me feel fabulous and looked like a Princess on my wedding day. A good thing about this boutique is that even if it's packed, they always have the time for you. Katherine is very flexible with prices and payments and her staff make sure to space out appointments and flexibility with each Bride. They want the brides to have a great and positive shopping experience.

Sent on 10/03/2012

I found my dream dress with the help of great staff.They really made me feel like a bride!

Sent on 05/07/2014

After calling several boutiques in DC and finding that NONE had dresses within my budget, I spoke to Katherine, and she encouraged me to come in and they would find something for me. They gave me 4 dresses to try on initially, and I ended up buying the very first one. Katherine (owner) was so friendly, as well as most of the other sales managers. They worked with me to get my dress in a very short amount of time, and have all the alterations done very close to my budgeted price!

Sent on 08/03/2012

Lorena · Married on 07/14/2012

What can I say, I absolutely love my dress!! I received a great service every time I went, and the alterations were awesome! I am petite, and they had no problem making all the changes! I ended up buying my veil, head piece and dress from Katherine’s!!

Sent on 08/01/2012

A · Married on 06/24/2012

I really enjoyed working with them. It took a little longer than anticipated for my dress to arrive but i LOVED the dress I got. They also made a detachable one-shoulder piece for my dress. It took a few tries to get the final product, but they were patient with me and did a wonderful job. I received so many compliments on my dress. I didn't want to take it off.

Sent on 08/03/2012
  • Joy

Joy · Married on 06/09/2012

I bought my dress at their Tara Keely by Lazaro Trunk show. Aza was my help and she was incredibly nice! They have a pretty good selection of gowns here and my alterations were also perfect =)

Sent on 10/03/2012

Sherry · Married on 11/11/2011

Absolutely loved my dress! The boutique is small but personable, and the staff was wonderful.

Sent on 01/14/2012
  • Shelli

Shelli · Married on 08/20/2011

I had a fantastic experience with Kathleen at katherine's. I thought I knew what I wanted for a dress, and described that to kathleen. She pulled dresses that were what I thought I wanted, and one that she thought was what I should try. The dress she picked for me was amazing, and something I never would have picked myself. I loved it and she worked with me to make some changes with the designer. My dress came in a few weeks ahead of schedule which was also nice, and barely needed any alterations.
    I also ordered my bridesmaids dresses from the store, and they were beautiful. I agree with some of the other comments that the size chart resulted in some of the girls getting dresses that needed significant alternations, but not sure I can fault the store for that. All of the dresses arrived on time, and Kathleen shipped them to each girl individually.
    I had a fantastic experience and thank Kathleen for finding me the dress I didn't know I wanted!

Sent on 09/06/2011

Leah · Married on 08/06/2011

I was very happy with Katherine's Bridal Boutique. I gave them my budget and they never once tried to sell me a dress over my budget. Shannon looked at my body type and brought out dresses that flattered my body and made the dress process simple!!! I ended up buying a floor model for discounted price and they made sure everything was tacked, pressed and perfect for the day of!! LOVED this bridal shop!

Sent on 09/04/2011