Katherine's Bridal Boutique Reviews

198 | Alexandria, VA

198 Reviews for Katherine's Bridal Boutique

Kerrianne · Married on 09/24/2016

I bought my wedding dress from Katherine's and received excellent customer service. I went in by myself with a list of dresses and they pulled the ones I wanted to see. I fell in love with one and they agreed to open on a Sunday so I could show my mom before purchasing. I felt very comfortable giving them my business and I never once felt pressured to buy. I highly recommend this salon!

Sent on 11/03/2015
  • Janelle

Janelle · Married on 07/16/2016

I loved my experience with Katherine's Bridal! Right from the beginning, they were great. I had to change my appointment at the last minute because of a family emergency, and they were able to schedule me the next weekend, with no issues.
    When I walked in the door, I was greeted and we got started right away. Kathleen helped me, and she was AMAZING. I told her what I like, and she knew exactly what to do. Each time I tried a dress on, she listened to my likes and dislikes about it, and the next dress was even better! By the 4th dress, I found the one. I was crying, my mom was crying, my mother in law, even Kathleen! I never felt like anyone in the store was trying to sell me something to take my money. They were all so genuine, I could tell that they wanted the dress to be perfect, something that fit my unique style, just as much as I did.
    It was such a fun and easy experience, I can't wait to try on my dress when it's ready! Thank you Kathleen!

Sent on 08/28/2015

Everyone here is incredibly helpful. As soon as I told my consultant (Kathy) how I wanted to look/feel on my wedding day, she immediately came back with my dream dress! She got exactly what I was trying to envision. Small, but cozy feel to the shop. If it's not in the store, Katherine goes above and beyond to make her brides happy, and always checks to see if she can have it ordered to her shop. I highly recommend this wonderful boutique!

Sent on 02/20/2016

I liked some of the Maggie Sottero dresses I saw online and used her website to find locations near DC. I called Saturday morning to see if they had any openings and the lady who answered told me I could come right in. When I got there, I showed Kathleen my Pinterest page and told her I had a $1200 budget. She said she was sure we could find something that fit my price and look. And we did! Kathleen was super friendly and helpful. I walked out that day with an Allure dress was exactly $1200 and I love it. Kathleen walked us to our car with the dress, gave me a hug and wished me the best (I live in SF so I'm doing the fittings there). Just ask to work with Kathleen and I'm sure you'll be happy. Btw, most of their dresses were $1000-$3000 and I saw very few over $3500.

Sent on 10/23/2015

Amanda · Married on 01/18/2016

I worked directly with Katherine on the purchase process. I found Katherine's Bridal because I was looking for a dress in the Allure modest line. Ultimately, I ended up purchasing a Maggie Sottero dress and Katherine's team created a coordinating topper to make the dress modest. I was working with a tight budget and a tight timeline (4 months) and Katherine was able to work with me on both. I really loved the dress and enjoyed working with her staff. Katherine is very knowledgeable and instilled a lot of confidence in me through the purchasing process. I would recommend this as a top notch bridal shop!

Sent on 01/28/2016

Genesis · Married on 12/29/2015

Azam was amazing! And also the seamstresses in the back who were so accommodating. I told myself I would not be a bridezilla but I'm sure Katherine's Bridal remembers me because I bugged them about returning my dress once I found out an acquaintance had worn the same one at here wedding. Katherine, the owner, went to the extent of talking to her contacts over at Maggie Sottero to see what I can do about switching my dress. However, because I ordered the petite version, let alone returns not even being allowed, there was nothing I can really do but to keep the dress. They kept saying how beautiful I was in the dress and though one might think that of course they would, if you saw me in the dress, you'd say the same. Everyone in the shop turned heads with me in the dress so despite it being worn by my acquaintance, it was meant to be worn by me too. No other dress came near as far as fitting me the same way with the same beauty, regardless of price. Azam's help was truly genuine and heartfelt. Thank you Katherine's Bridal!!

Sent on 12/27/2016

Kathleen was the perfect assist to me finding my beautiful wedding gown and fabulous accessories!! I went to several bridal shops in the area, but their customer service could not compare! She was completely dedicated to me and only me during all of my visits! This type of commitment is rare and I am more than satisfied with my experiences here. I would recommend this bridal boutique over any other in Alexandria, hands down!!

Sent on 09/19/2015
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/09/2015

Bridesmaids dresses arrived quickly (earlier than promised), tailoring was easy to manage, and they all fit well. Couldn't ask for more.

Sent on 11/08/2015

From the very beginning I started working with Shanna. I went in looking for a specific dress but they didn't have it. She had me try on similar style dresses and made it look close to what I was looking for. She then took it a step further and was able to get my dress for a trunk show. She ordered my exact size and the dress fit like a glove. Shanna also helped me pick out my jewelry which looked amazing on my wedding day.

Sent on 07/15/2015

Rachel · Married on 06/06/2015

KATHLEEN at Katherine's Bridal Boutique made my whole wedding dress shopping experience. Katherine's was the first place we went, and we still kept the rest of our appointments that weekend even though we knew we found the perfect dress there (hey, you only get to go wedding dress shopping once, right?). Kathleen was so incredible. I'd come out in a dress, and she'd just immediately grab the perfect accessories to go with the dress and really give you the whole picture! She threw a veil on me with every dress I tried on (different veils that really complimented the dresses) and if I thought maybe another accessory like a belt would look good, she had the perfect thing in her hand and was already helping me put it on before the end of my sentence. I really felt like she listened to my vision and really understood what I was looking for, and the questions she asked were really helpful (I got so tired of other consultants asking stupid questions about ranking dresses from 1-10). Kathleen really worked within my budget, and there was never any high pressure like there were at some of the other salons I went to. Katherine's Bridal Boutique made the wedding dress shopping process SO much fun! I went back the next day after going to the rest of my weekend of appointments and actually bought the first dress I had tried on! I can't recommend them enough, and their alterations department was wonderful too! Go to Katherine's!! See Kathleen!!

Sent on 06/28/2015
  • User5200009 · 2+ years ago

I loved my entire experience at Katherine's bridal boutique! My dress was perfect for me. I really felt like Katherine was trying to help me find the right dress for my body, versus just trying to sell me anything (I definitely had that experience at other shops). I had the same consultant and seamstress throughout the entire process, which was awesome. Everyone was so nice and I never felt rushed or unheard. The dresses were also reasonably priced and the alterations were one flat fee for three fittings. I could not be happier with my dress or the service. Thank you Katherine!

Sent on 06/23/2015

I found Katherine's Bridal Boutique after having already decided on my dress - I was looking for a shop that had a sample in my size. Not only did this shop have it, but when I tried it on and loved it (especially with their added touches of a dreamy veil and belt) I was able to buy that floor sample for a significantly decreased price, making my gown incredibly affordable! I can't say much about working with this boutique for an extended time, as I purchased the dress in full and brought it to back Arizona with me when I left my parent's house, but my limited experience was top notch.

Sent on 03/02/2015

Dana · Married on 11/15/2014

Katherine's bridal has beautiful dresses to fit almost any price point. They were recommended to be by a friend who also got her dress from Katherine's, and they did not disappoint. Azam helped me initially to find my dress, but through various visits to try on dresses, and then again through the fitting process, you will get to know all of the ladies, and there is not one who isn't just wonderful. They even helped me FaceTime my parents (who do not live in Virginia) to see the dresses as I was making my final decision. They also did a great job altering the dress from a size 12 down to around a 6 to 8 (I bought my dress "off the rack" as a brand new sample to save money). I highly recommend Katherine's Bridal for your wedding dress. They also have beautiful Bridesmaids dresses, Mother of the Bride dresses, and other special occasion (rehearsal dinner) dresses that you can buy off the rack, or special order in different sizes or colors.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Loretta · Married on 11/08/2014

I planned to spend the weekend wedding dress shopping and made appointments at three different shops. Am I glad Katherine's was my first stop! Azam worked with me, and she was so nice and FANTASTIC at what she does. I walked in with a vague idea of what I wanted and told Azam. She asked me a few questions and then said "I have your dress." She was right! It fit me perfectly and was exactly what I wanted without me really knowing what I wanted. She brought out two other dresses for me to try, just to make sure. I'd also had my eye on one dress in particular, which she brought over for me to try on too. Nothing compared to the first one she picked out.

From the time my appointment started, I was done in 25 min and walking out with a wedding dress. Everyone at Katherine's was so nice to my mom and me and made our shopping experience incredibly fun! I cancelled the rest of my dress appointments and spent the rest of the weekend hanging out with my mom!

Sent on 03/10/2014

Katherine's Bridal was an amazing choice for me! I am so happy with my wedding dress. Azam was so helpful and very sweet. She knew what type of dress would look good on me. I am so happy with my wedding dress and everyone complimented me on how beautiful it was.

Sent on 11/10/2014

I went into the store with the basic type of dress I wanted and it only took me 2 dress to find it. The staff even knew how to make my dress even better with accessories. Not to mention Katherine was extremely helpful and made sure I had the right size dress. I never once worry about the dress purchasing or alteration process.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Jennie · Married on 10/11/2014

LOVED my wedding dress!!! First store I went to too! I had no idea what style/kind of dress I wanted. They knew exactly what I envisioned as my perfect dress! Katherine's bridal is a wonderful place to get your wedding dress! Every time I went back for alterations, buy a hair piece, etc. they were always so friendly and kind! Great experience, wonderful alternations, and I couldn't be happier! I would HIGHLY recommend going!

Sent on 10/30/2014

David · Married on 10/04/2014

My wife's dress was amazing. She felt like a princess. Everyone at Katherine's Bridal was so helpful and helped her pick out the dress and jewelry of her dreams. Everyone at our wedding was commenting just how beautiful the dress.

Sent on 10/23/2014

Danielle · Married on 09/27/2014

I purchased my wedding dress at Katherine's, and really enjoyed my experience with their team. They helped me stick to my budget, found a dress that I loved (and some extra accessories that made me love it even more!), and did all of the alterations on-site. Their staff is very friendly, and I felt like they cared about making everything extra special.

Sent on 10/03/2014

dress fit perfectly and great service

Sent on 09/28/2014

Kristie · Married on 09/06/2014

After looking for a dress at multiple locations I finally found my perfect dress at Katherine's. There was a good variety to choose from and I was able to find the one that was elegant, classy, and fit my personality and style perfectly. My alterations where also taken care of through Katherine's and they did a great job and the dress fit like a glove. I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Sent on 09/17/2014

Ariel · Married on 07/05/2014

I had true on about 50 wedding gowns in search of the right one. I was hanging out with some girlfriends who suggested to try out Katherine's Bridal. When I walked into the store, Azam helped me. She told me to look around but that she knew exactly which dress I would pick. Well, she was right. From there, I brought my parents in, bought the dress that I never would have picked for myself. I had to go in for 4 fittings because of weight loss and the alterations were perfect and everyone was a pleasure to work with. Highly recommend this little boutique!!

Sent on 07/13/2014
  • Aritza

Aritza · Married on 03/29/2014

Went and tired on 2 dresses. Found my A-line dress. I wish they could update pictures on their web site.

Sent on 07/22/2014
  • Megan Taylor

Megan · Married on 01/04/2014

While I found my dress at a salon in a different city, I ordered it and did all my alterations through Katherine's. We worked with Kathleen, who is just the most fun, sweet, wonderful person to work with in creating your look for your big day! I went without a veil, but Kathleen helped me select the perfect headpiece to match my dress. We also worked with her to select my mothers dress for the wedding, as well as my bridesmaids' dresses. All turned out beautifully and Kathleen was just the best person to work with!

Sent on 01/30/2014

I worked with Alam at Katherine's and she made me overlook the small and slightly dingy atmosphere. The dresses are packed in but she knew where everything was and brought a few good options. She was so sweet and calming, and had no issues with my long list of "will not try on..." dress styles.

Some of the dresses felt cheap, but the prices reflected that (generally under $3k). Brides looking for a dress with a great style and fit, at a lower budget, should definitely visit Katherine's!

Sent on 02/03/2013