29 Reviews for Jud McCrehin Photography

High-Res Images (1)
Digital Files (1)
Prints (1)
29 Jud McCrehin Photography Reviews

My husband Ryan and I live in Washington State but decided to have a June wedding in Warrenton, Virginia, the town where we met and Ryan grew up. While we were familiar with Warrenton, neither of us had lived there in nearly a decade and we had no connections with people in the wedding industry.

From our home in Washington, Ryan and I scoured the Internet for wedding photographers throughout the Northern Virginia area. We looked everywhere. If we found photography that we loved, the price was outside our budget. If we found something within our budget, we often didn’t like the style or quality. Finally, we stumbled on Jud’s website. I was immediately struck by his photojournalist style. His work looks real and full of emotion. Rather than everyone posed in awkwardly forced stances, you could easily imagine the moment. I also liked that he wasn’t just a wedding photographer. Of all the photography websites we looked at, Ryan and I both agreed that Jud’s was our favorite.

That afternoon we contacted Jud to learn of his price and availability. We promptly heard back via email, and we were thrilled to learn that his rate was affordable and that he’d be free on our wedding date. A couple days later, Ryan spoke to Jud on the phone and reported back that he was friendly and easy-going. We arranged to do an engagement shoot on New Years Eve 2016. The engagement session went well and we loved the pictures. Most importantly, we enjoyed his company.

On our wedding day, Jud arrived early and with an ease of presence. When I look back on our wedding photos now, I’m just amazed at some of the shoots he was able to get. There were times when I didn’t realize my photo was being taken, but other times when I clearly remember something like Jud making a funny joke. He was there but his presence was comfortable and not at all overbearing.

With all sincerity, I would recommend Jud to anyone. He is kind, reasonable, reliable, and a talented photographer.

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I were looking for a photo journalist style photographer and happened to come across Jud McCrehin Photography.

We could not be more pleased with hiring him for our wedding. Jud was quick to respond to emails and questions and extremely fast with the turnaround time for providing us with the photographs!

What made him stand out from other photographers from us (aside from his talent) is that he provided us with discounted prints and had a traveling photo booth which was a standing camera with a control for guests to take their own photos during our reception which made for a lot of fun!

The photographs turned out better than we could have ever imagined! Along with Jud's talent as a photographer he's also very down to earth, easy to work with, pleasant, and professional!

Profile Picture Lindsay , 10/25/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Prints, Digital Files

Jud photographed our wedding this past October. He was awesome! He was very nice and professional. All of our pictures turned out beautifully and the photo booth was great! We will definitely recommend him to friends :)

Profile Picture Mary, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jus was very nice to work with. He made sure to capture all the pictures on the list I had provided for him.

Profile Picture User5619351, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

As a wedding planner, I've worked with many photographers. Jud was a delight both in his professionalism and talent. He truly understood the bride and groom's vision and captured unique moments of their wedding.

Profile Picture ReNata, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jud photographed my wedding this past May. My husband and I received numerous compliments on our wedding photos. There were so many wonderful moments that Jud captured and he did so in a way that did not intrude on the celebration of the day. Jud's talents go beyond taking the photos you hope for, he captures the images you could not even dream of. He was not only a professional photographer he was also very kind, patient, and had a positive outlook the entire time. Even though Jud is a one man show, the images he captured were of various prospective and angles, you would have thought there was an entire production team working for our wedding. I would highly recommend him to capture the most important moments of your life and I hope to work with him again in the near future.

Profile Picture Katherine, 5/2/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jud was very professional and reasonably priced compared to other wedding photographers in the DC area.They came out great and as expected. We especially like the candid shots that weren't posed. If you're looking for a different style of wedding pictures that aren't the normal posed and "forced" shots, give Jud a call!

Thanks so much!

Profile Picture User3865442, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Outstanding photographer and a pleasure to work with! When my husband-to-be told me what he was looking for in a wedding photographer, I didn't think we would ever find someone capable of meeting his specifications at our price point... And then we met Jud. What an incredibly talented, creative, kind and engaging photographer! Jud impressed my hubby with his technical savvy, clearly superior credentialing and proactive planning (which ensured that we got every shot we wanted under a very constrained timeline). On the day of our event, he was punctual and personable - and not the least intimidated by our wonderfully eclectic venue at the Mansion on O Street (i.e., shooting a session in a room fantastically lined with mirrors and making sure that the only thing reflected was our love). Not only did Jud succeed in putting us at ease and getting so many *perfect* shots, he was also extremely flexible with this terms and even stayed beyond the contracted end time to get the one last shot we needed. Jud's work ethic, artistry, and upbeat attitude were everything we could hope for in our wedding photographer. He kept us smiling and found great new angles in the Mansion's beautifully odd spaces. We'd absolutely work with him again- maybe for our 1st Anniversary party!

Profile Picture Holly, 10/13/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Thanks for shooting our wedding, Jud! It was such a fun day and knowing that our memories would be in such capable hands through your photographs gave us one less thing to worry about! The pictures came out beautifully and we appreciate your work!

Profile Picture Molly, 9/22/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We are so glad that we found Jud as our photographer. He is very friendly and unobtrusive. We met with him to decide that his photography style (photojournalism) was right for us. Prior to the wedding, I emailed him a list of posed family and bridal party photos that we wanted him to take. All of the pictures turned out gorgeous!

Profile Picture Maria, 9/14/13, 5 Reviews

Profile Picture m, 9/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I would HIGHLY recommend Jud as a photographer, whatever your event may be. He was incredibly professional and flexible over the course of our – rather hectic – wedding day June 2013. Of course, throughout the day, you get caught up in the events and the guests, the ceremony and the dancing; half the time, we forgot Jud was there, which means he was able to be a ‘fly on the wall’ and catch the little moments that most would miss in the hustle and bustle. The photo booth he set up in the corner of our reception was a huge hit, and we ended up with many great shots. Jud was quick with the ‘formal’ family portraits, so the grandparents were able to get inside, out of the heat. He was easy to work with, and helped calm the jitters or awkwardness that can happen in posed photos. Jud works to make sure that your photos are both beautiful and honest, which is important – he was able to capture the emotions and the true spirit of our family and guests. I can vouch that all of his photos turn out beautifully; the photos on his website are not ‘cherry picked’, they are true representation of how YOUR photos will turn out. If you want heirloom-quality photographs of your special day, book Jud before someone else does.

Profile Picture Lydia, 6/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jud is our go-to photographer for all of our major life events. We decided to hire Jud because we wanted great photographs that did not need to be altered and enhanced or that appear processed. Jud delivered - he is an excellent photographer. Jud provides hundreds of images from a variety of perspectives, so there are plenty to choose from. He is also professional and great to work with. He responds promptly to emails and calls, is always on time, and is ready to capture the best images. Hire Jud if you want genuine, real, and absolutely amazing photographs of your life events.

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/18/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I had the pleasure of working with Jud of McCrehin Photography during my wedding at Prince Michel Winery and Vineyard in Virginia. Jud was prompt (actually he was at the wedding venue before I was), friendly, professional, and made my wife and I feel relaxed in front of the camera. We were searching for a photography style to capture the moment spontaneously; Jud’s “photojournalistic” style fit our eye perfectly. We were able to get traditional portraits of the family/wedding party, and candid shots without sacrificing the feeling of being in the moment. We expected our photographs to be emotive and tell the story of our wedding day; McCrehin Photography exceeded our expectations.

Profile Picture Mike, 5/11/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am so grateful to Jud McCrehin for absolutely beautiful wedding photos! I was married this past April, and Jud seemed to be everywhere all at once. We have thousands of photos - that's really incredible for just one man in a short window of time! His technique is top-notch - he grabs all the unscripted moments, and I hardly even noticed he was around everywhere we were!

People say that your wedding flies by - and it does - but I have absolutely beautiful photojournalistic, real moments from the day captured with Jud's many lenses. We hired him for 8 hours - from the first look to leaving our reception hall through a parade of sparklers. There was such a variety of shots from Jud - extreme (& pretty!) close ups to stunning wide shots.

He hit the ground running: keeping everyone laughing during portraits. He got some truly awesome photos of my entire bridal party while he stood on a ladder, cracking jokes. He was flexible, yet had a firm plan of where to go and what shots to get with not a ton of direction from me. I would say - "Oh, let's do this!" and he'd always be game. That was wonderful!

He made sure to get what I really cared about: the people, the detail shots of things we made for the wedding, and the stunning setting, with a particular focus on flowering trees since they were in full bloom on my wedding day. He scouted around quickly and found some areas of the property that make for a big, gorgeous scene with the two of us in the middle!

If your budget won't allow for two photographers, Jud is an awesome choice because he seems to be everywhere all at once. His energy is unmatched. He seemed to never stop taking photos. He is a journalist, so he knows the importance of a great photo to tell a story, and he understands well working in a short time window while moments are flying by. Jud is a stellar choice to photograph your wedding!

Profile Picture Shannon, 4/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jud was very flexible, and willing to stay later during the event, past the time originally agreed upon. Jud's photojournalistic style is great--he had some shots that a regular wedding photographer probably wouldn't have thought to take. We really enjoyed the photo booth, too! If you are only looking for formal shots, he's probably not your guy. But if you would like creative angles and real emotion, I definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture Vicki, 11/10/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jud did a fantastic job at our wedding! He really captured the wonderful feeling of the day and all the best moments. I will treasure the photos forever. Jud is also a great guy and fun to be with. When you have someone right there with you all day during your wedding it makes it much more enjoyable if they are fun and have a good sense of humor. Thanks Jud you are the best :) Kristi Wrobel

Profile Picture Kristi, 9/29/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jud was fantastic. We were very precise in what we were looking for, and he gave us exactly what we wanted. Very responsive both before and after the wedding. He was a consummate professional, and his images are top notch at a great price. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture User2815370, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jud photographed my wedding at the Barns at Wolf Trap on August 26, 2012. He was great to work with, and I would absolutely recommend him to any bride without hesitation. My husband really wanted a photographer who was comfortable with a photojournalistic style, and Jud was very familiar with this approach to wedding photography. With Jud’s versatile background, he was able to accommodate all of the different types of posed pictures, detail shots, and candids that we asked for. He doesn’t hesitate to get right down in the action to get the perfect shot, but he manages to remain unobtrusive at the same time. And he is very nice and personable. I highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Meredith, 8/26/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

I am so happy we chose Jud to be our photographer. I was a nervous wreck that day, especially before the ceremony. Jud was really calm and friendly with my whole family. Everyone really liked him. He helped me feel at ease with everything. He did a great job, the pictures turned out beautiful! He is a very patient photographer and my husband was really happy too. :) Also, I loved the fact that while my hubby and I were refreshing after family pictures, Jud took pictures of the guests transitioning from the ceremony to the reception area. I was not expecting that, I dont know how he did it, haha he is really fast! Also the photo booth was hilarious!!! Yes, I would 100 percent recommend him.

Profile Picture Angelica, 8/18/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jud was a great wedding photographer! From the very beginning when we first met him, we felt very comfortable with him. His attitude at the wedding was very professional, yet he made everyone he was photographing feel very relaxed. He was also unobtrusive, yet took great pictures of all the important moments! After the wedding, it turned out I had somehow miscalculated and overpaid him, and he contacted me right away and let me know so I could write a new check with the appropriate amount-- even though he could have kept the old check, and I never would have realized I'd overpaid! Most importantly, the photos he took are beautiful, and we have a great selection to choose from for our prints and albums.

Profile Picture Patricia, 6/18/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jud was an amazing photographer. We booked him at the last minute and he performed as though he'd met with us a dozen times. He was extremely flexible with the requirements of the church and our amateur photographer family members getting in the way. We got over 1000 lovely pictures within 2 weeks of our event. Lastly, Jud is just a cool person to have at your wedding. As my husband and I are amateur photographers ourselves we had a real sense of what we wanted from our photographer and Jud was the best choice for us.

Profile Picture CJ, 5/21/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

5 stars for Jud McCrehin!! After nearly exhausting our search for a photographer who would be able to capture the candid moments and special details of our wedding without completely breaking the bank, we thought we would have to settle either for a photographer with lower quality photos or higher price... and then, just in the nick of time we found Jud!! After our first meeting with Jud we knew he was going to be the one for us. He was unobtrusive during the ceremony but somehow still managed to get awesome shots. He was fun and friendly and always easy to work with. We constantly go back to admire the photos Jud took for both our engagement and wedding.

Profile Picture Mimi, 5/7/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We could not have asked for a better photographer for our wedding. We met Jud when he did our Engagement Photos and loved everything that he did! The wedding photos were equally as amazing. With Jud, not only can you count on amazing pictures (I think everyone from our wedding commented on how good the pictures were), but equally as important, you can count on Jud to be professional, on-time and flexible. Also, Jud is just a great person who is so much fun to work with! He will take the best pictures without anyone even knowing they are being photographed!

Profile Picture Chris, 3/19/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jud was the perfect wedding photographer for our needs- we planned our wedding in 2 months due to an upcoming deployment, and he was very flexible as we were figuring out the details of our day. We didn't have time to meet before the wedding so we basically just told him what we had in mind and he ran with it. During the actual wedding, he had this knack for being right there when we needed him (we wanted lots of candid, photojournalist-style shots and some formal shots). We wanted that sense from the photos of our excitement, the party atmosphee, and his photos make you feel like you are right there in the event. We are putting together our albums now and having a difficult time choosing between all the photos!
We wanted festive, glamorous party caught on film and Jud captured it perfectly. We are thrilled with the results and can't recommend him highly enough!

Profile Picture Marissa, 1/1/11, 1 Review