Holliday Weddings Reviews

16 | Petaluma, CA

16 Reviews for Holliday Weddings

Stephanie · Married on 06/20/2015

Heather and everyone at Holliday Weddings were amazing. We had a destination wedding and really needed a planner. Heather was just amazing. We met her in person, and I could tell that she was really fun. She listed to our ideas, understood our style and was incredibly helpful. She was on top of everything, kept me organizing, and reigned us in when we were going a little crazy. My family is not the easiest to deal with and Heather was always willing to talk to everyone and listen to opinions.

Heather also recommended most of our vendors and they were all incredible. As a control freak, it was really hard for me to have faith in someone else but Heather did not let me down one time. She really went above and beyond her job description. Thank you Heather and Gina and everyone at Holliday Weddings!

Emily · Married on 10/18/2014

We used Heather Holliday as our coordinator for our wine country wedding in October 2014, and she did an awesome job! She is a super nice, bubbly person, so she puts you at ease right away. Early on in the planning process, she made some great vendor recommendations (including our caterer, who we LOVED), and sent helpful checklists along the way. Just before the wedding, she sent us a detailed timeline, which was very helpful, and on the day-of, she was totally on.

Heather worked with all of the vendors to make sure everything was on schedule, did a great job setting up all of the decorations I'd bought on Etsy (I didn't really have a vision, so I left it up to Heather), and kept us on track all evening without making it feel like we were on a "schedule". The photos, ceremony, first dance, dinner, speeches, father-daughter dance, cake cutting, etc. could not have gone more smoothly. And as if all of that wasn't enough -- at the end of the evening, you don't have to worry about a thing because Heather collects everything for you (table numbers, bouquets, photo booth props, signs, etc.), so you can just head to the after party with your guests and pick up your stuff the next day.

It was so nice not having to worry about anything on our big day, and to just be able to enjoy ourselves. I would DEFINITELY recommend getting a coordinator, and would highly recommend Heather Holliday!

Shannon · Married on 09/19/2014

Heather is a very upbeat person with a great personality. I hired her as a day of wedding planner and she was very helpful leading up to the wedding although she was "day of." She was on the ball at my wedding, coordinating everything perfectly, making sure my wedding was going to go smooth and the vendors were doing their jobs. She packed up all of our wedding ceremony and reception items so neatly in a bell cart and placed it in our wedding night hotel. She put leftover wedding food in our refrigerator and placed rose petals in our wedding room suite. She did an awesome job day of our wedding. I wish I could have had her as a full wedding planner! I highly recommend her to any Bride if you want your wedding to be stress free and amazing! Thanks so much Heather Holliday!

Genevieve · Married on 05/31/2014

I cannot say enough about Heather. Our wedding was an absolute dream, everything was perfect, well organized and amazing. I was able to 100% enjoy my day - the entire wedding process - and not have to worry about a thing! Heather was so fun and easy to work with and really listened to our preferences and wants every step of the way. I want to get married all over again so we can plan another incredible event together! I am so glad that my now husband convinced me to use a planner, and every more grateful that we used Holliday Weddings!

Heather and her team were fantastic! We used Holliday weddings for the month/day of planner for our wedding in Healdsburg,CA. Heather is extremely organized which made us feel really comfortable as we new all of the details would be taken of. She did a great job reaching out to all our vendors and making sure everything would go off without a hitch. With Heathers years of experience and knowledge of weddings she had great ideas for our big day as well as insightful input on all of those tough decisions one needs to make (timing, seating, etc). She is extremely affordable for the amount of service provided and would highly suggest contracting Holliday weddings for your next wedding or event. Plus, she is SO MUCH FUN!

Kelly · Married on 08/10/2013

Heather Holliday and her team are so amazing!We used them for the day of wedding package and it was the best decision we made. I did not worry about anything the day of the wedding, and it all went off without a hitch. I highly recommend her to anyone!

• Y

Yardley · Married on 09/29/2012

Heather was the most amazing wedding planner I could have ever worked with. From the moment I met her, I knew that she would be the one! Heather is friendly, easy to get along with, thoughtful, caring, and she went above and beyond to make my day perfect! I can't thank you enough for being such a wonderful support for Jason and I. Not only did I find an awesome planner, I also found a friend in Heather. I would highly recommend Heather at Holliday Weddings for any event.

Angela · Married on 09/02/2012

Heather truly MADE my wedding!! It couldn't have happened without her. She is so awesome to work with and it shows. I already knew I made the right choice, but it was confirmed when every time I talked to a new vendor, all they could do was gush about how amazing she was. If you are looking for an event planner, look no further than Holliday Weddings!!

Shannon · Married on 10/01/2011

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Heather from Holliday Weddings! Heather helped us coordinate our destination wedding at a vineyard in Sonoma, 2500 miles away from home, and we couldn't have been happier with her services. We could not have done it without her! Her recommendations for vendors were spot on, which was very important since we did not have the opportunity to do any meetings or tastings being that we were so far away. She was always quick to respond to our emails and phone calls and made us feel totally confident and at ease that things were always taken care of. It was clear that she has wonderful standing relationships with many vendors in the Sonoma area. The day of the wedding my husband and I were able to relax and enjoy ourselves, and everything went off without a hitch! She had managed to created the exact atmosphere we described in our phone conversations and photographs, and all the vendors she had recommended were fantastic! We jokingly call Heather our "wedding ninja," because she seemed to be handling everything the day of the wedding with ease and while hardly being noticed :) Out of all the decisions that went into planning our special day, choosing Heather was by far the best decision we made. Not only is she a talented wedding planner, but she is a great person who we feel so lucky to have met. We would recommend her with 100% confidence.

Maya · Married on 09/17/2011

Heather was amazing.... Our wedding was all we imagined and more!!!!

Meadow · Married on 06/19/2011

Heather was absolutely fantastic!! She acted as my "day of" planner, but she was so much more. She worked with me over the months leading up to the wedding, answering my questions, talking me through the process, and sometimes talking me off a ledge...LOL!! When the day finally came, she was extremely organized and efficient. She wrangled my wedding party and made sure that everyone was where they were supposed to be (not an easy feat!), and most importantly I had confidence in her. I didn't have to worry about anything, and that really made my day special. I am usually a control freak, but knowing that Heather was leading the team, I could let it all go and just be a bride.

My day was simply perfect, and it was in large part due to Heather and her team. They really know their stuff!! Thank you Heather for making my wedding day the best day of my life. I will forever be grateful!

• Amber S

Amber · Married on 10/24/2009

Where do I start to describe the services provided by Holliday Weddings? I first met Heather at a bridal faire when I was unsure if I needed a wedding planner or not, but I am so glad that my fiance (now husband) told me I needed one. She not only provided the professional support that I needed throughout the wedding planning process, but she has also become one of my closest friends.

She totally got my vision of the perfect fairy tale wedding and was able to create that in ten-fold! She made sure my wedding day was so stress-free that I was able to enjoy all the little moments. When she pulled me aside so that I could be the first to view my reception site all set up, I started to cry because it was everything I had dreamed of since I was a little girl. Later on in the evening when there was a minor snag with some guests she made sure everything was handled with such professionalism that half of our guests didn't even know what was going on. She kept everything flowing at the reception and made sure everyone had a great time.

Heather's mom, Phyllis, who is one of her assistants, was such a great help with our wedding as well. She took care of all the alterations of my wedding gown, which included lifting and re-attaching hand appliqued lace and beading. She was able to figure out the bustle in advance so, come my wedding day, Heather was able to bustle me in less than 5 minutes and it stayed the entire night.

If you are considering whether or not you need a wedding planner... YOU DO! It makes everything so much easier. And when you realize you need a planner, you should definitely choose Holliday Weddings!

Melinda · Married on 09/19/2009

I could not have had my wedding without Holliday Weddings. Heather, the lead planner, was always just a phone call away and often had an answer for me right away, if she didn?t she got me the answer swiftly. She helped me with vendor suggestions and briefed the vendors on what I was looking for and my budget so that I really felt like the vendors I visited knew what I was looking for when I met with them. She often accompanied me to visits with vendors that were new to her as well, which made me feel very comfortable. She fielded all my vendor calls and answered all their questions so I wouldn?t get stressed.

Heather dealt 100% with my caterer during their staffing change and was instrumental in getting the additional charges they tried to add on during this time reversed so that there would not be over $1,500 in additional fees two weeks before my wedding. She kept me calm in the days leading up the wedding, so that I would be able to enjoy my out of town family. On the day of Heather and her staff were great, they were always one step ahead of everything and made sure that all of our needs were taken care of.

Throughout the whole process Heather was always there for me and I truly believe that my wedding would not have been as great without her there to help me see it through.

Heather is fantastic! She is just an adorable ball of energy and she is so excited about weddings. You can tell she loves what she does. When we initially interviewed her on the phone, we knew immediately that she was the wedding planner for us. She has a great sense of humor and makes you feel like family from day one. I am an event planner at a university so I have a lot of experience planning events but I knew I needed an expert who knows the intricacies of weddings and has relationships with great vendors in the area. Heather was perfect for that role. We can't recommend her enough!

Janie · Married on 06/14/2008

I always saw myself as a “hands on” kind of bride – until I got engaged. Heather worked endlessly to see my vision become a reality. She booked my appointments, screened vendors before I met with them, and was careful to include key family members in on the planning when it was necessary. She was responsive to all my crazy phone calls, last minute changes, and silly questions. I truly could not have had the day I dreamed of without her.

Hilary · Married on 05/07/2011

0.8
      2.0
      1.0
      0.5

wasn't planning on writing any reviews about our experience with Holliday Weddings, until Heather Holliday promoted our May 2011 wedding on her business's Facebook page. As you will read, it's odd (bizarre, in fact) that she would promote a wedding that went quite awry. We worked with a lot of skilled professionals on our wedding day; Heather Holliday was not one of them.

Heather Holliday has a great personality and, initially, my husband and I were charmed by her cheerful, outgoing nature and enthusiasm. But when it came to handling our wedding, Heather was a total amateur.

The night prior to the wedding, we had a welcome reception for all of our guests; it was a destination wedding, so everyone was from out of town. My husband's wedding-day suit needed to be pressed, so Heather decided to drive into San Francisco with her co-planner & have dinner & drinks while they waited for the suit to be pressed. Given that both Heather & her co-planner went out of town to deal with the suit, there was no support person from Holliday Weddings at our welcome reception. Therefore, my mother & mother-in-law scrambled around handing out welcome totes to our guests; Heather didn't show up until the last few minutes of the reception. This, it turns out, was an omen of things to come.

I say this as someone who spent well over a decade in the hospitality industry: the ability to manage crises & handle unexpected events is what being an event planner is all about. Anyone can plan a party; a professional event planner is hired to make the event run smoothly for the clients, no matter what. TO BE CLEAR: My husband and I were NOT upset with Heather Holliday because the weather on our wedding day was poor. We were upset with Heather because she was completely out of her element when it came to handling the unexpected.

Despite our countless inquiries with her as to contingency plans in the event of inclement weather, when the weather took a turn for the unpleasant on our wedding day, Heather was a total deer in the headlights & absent throughout the day.

My husband & I saw Heather before the ceremony & didn't see her again until after the photos and cocktail hour, when she arrived to tell us that our "back-up plan," an indoor bungalow, wasn't an option after all. Despite 6 mos. of clarifying our Plan B with Heather, the fact that the kitchen would've needed HOURS to move the dinner site was, amazingly, news to her. Instead, our dinner had to be moved into the wine cave at the last minute, which took well over an hour. This delay meant that our guests were left to mill around aimlessly for a seemingly interminable length of time, and our dinner was very late, with dessert served within the final 20 minutes of the reception. As a result, there were no toasts. No speeches. There was no dancing. Furthermore, a couple of our guests wound up handing out all the gift bags, because yet again, Heather was nowhere to be found.

Had Heather been better informed/more honest about the realities of executing our back-up plan, this could all have been avoided. Instead, she told us she had been checking weather websites online & was simply "shocked" that the wind hadn't died down; it seemed as though she actually thought she could will the weather into cooperating.

I should add that my husband and I were also supposed to have a few private minutes alone together immediately after our ceremony. At that point, Heather Holliday was nowhere to be found, so IMMEDIATELY after saying our vows and being pronounced husband & wife, my husband & I had to spring into "crisis mode." My husband began working with the caterer to move the cocktail hour indoors & get our guests out of the chilly winds. I was corralling family members in an attempt to get the photos taken. Where was Heather? Finally, Heather appeared; she was clearly nervous & out of her depth, telling us she'd been absent because she was trying to keep the place settings on the outdoor tables from blowing away. She later told us that she had inadequate staff support the day of our wedding (not surprising considering that her "staff" consists of her mother & husband).

Also, I'd spent hours (& a fair amount of money) on wedding programs and personalized tissues for our guests during the ceremony. NOT ONE GUEST received them, because Heather placed them at the bar (far from the ceremony location) instead of passing them out to our guests. Adding insult to injury, she didn't even realize that the guests didn't get the programs until I pointed it out to her a couple of days after the wedding.

Heather came to our hotel at our request a couple of days later to discuss everything. She cried & made everything about herself, telling us repeatedly how sad SHE was that our wedding day was so chaotic. To her credit, she did refund us 2/3 of her fee, which we appreciated. What she couldn't give us back was the smoothly-run wedding we trusted her to handle.