Essence of Events, LLC Reviews

26 | Tacoma, WA

26 Reviews for Essence of Events, LLC

Allie · Married on 06/23/2018

Sarah is such a talented woman! She knows how to provide direction and get things done with a sweet smile on her face. We are so thankful we had the opportunity to have her as our day of coordinator. The day would not have been near as successful without her!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Essence of Events, LLC's reply:

Allie, Thank you so much for your review! Love to hear you were so happy with your Planner and services. Your a lovely couple that made it easy to work with! Thanks again!

Susan · Married on 02/18/2017

Loved working with Michelle she made everything go off without a hitch.

Sent on 02/20/2017

Essence of Events, LLC's reply:

Susan and Matt, It was truly a pleasure to work with you both! You were so easy to work with and it was great to help you through the planning process all the way through your wedding day! Michelle

Paula · Married on 09/23/2016

Michelle and her team went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect from start to finish!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Essence of Events, LLC's reply:

Paula, Thank you so much for your wonderful words. You were such an organized and lovely Bride. We enjoyed being part of making your wedding so beautiful and memorable! Thank you for choosing us for your Wedding day Coordination, floral and rentals.

Crystina · Married on 06/26/2016

we LOVED Michelle and her team! they made the wedding day PERFECT & stress free! i'd recommend them to anyone anytime!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Essence of Events, LLC's reply:

Crystina, Thank you so much for taking the time to give such a great review. We are thrilled that you were so happy with us and our services. Thank you again! -Michelle

Buffie · Married on 08/22/2015

Even if you think you are a pretty good organizer, just release this impulse, and let Michelle do it all for you! I have hosted and organized many events in my life, but Michelle is hands-down over the top the best at this. And it's your big day! As the mother of the bride, it was a blessing and a gift to just enjoy the special day, with Michelle and her team taking care of all the details. From custom flowers on the tables, recommendations on musicians, and sneaky little extras, they were on the job and ready for anything. They even brought the perfect weather (you may have to pay extra for this one!)! Thank you MIchelle.

Sent on 03/21/2017

Essence of Events, LLC's reply:

Buffie and family, Thank you so very much for such a lovely review! It brought tears to my eyes to know that we are able to assist with the needs of our clients, friends and family. Megan and Julian are such a lovely couple and deserve the best! We wanted to be sure to make every effort to ensure their special day be a reflection of that! Thank you so very much and let me know when you need another day of great weather, I'll see what I can do. ;) -Michelle Culp Owner

Monica · Married on 08/15/2015

This lady right here, let me tell you gets S*** done! I purchased the most expensive package cause I had no idea where to start or what to do and now looking back I'm surprised she didn't charge more for the pure quality of her service! So well organized, so detail oriented, and she turned our ideas into a dream come true! Our wedding was 180 people, large, magnificent and perfectly attributed to Phantom of The Opera! She ensured every detail we wanted was a reality and if any vendors gave us trouble she put them in line! Also if you want a big wedding but need to save money, this gal is the one you need, she saved us thousands of dollars with ideas I would never have thought of and has connections to some of the best vendors in the state! She's the best decision I ever made while planning my wedding, let her make your dreams come true on your special day!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Essence of Events, LLC's reply:

Monica, Oh my goodness! You are so kind! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! What a wonderful review and it was so enjoyable to work with you and be able to use our creativity in putting your wedding decor design come to fruition. It was such a magical event to have the opportunity to plan from start to finish!

Lisa · Married on 06/14/2015

Michelle was amazing. She is so great and easy to work with and really gave me such peace of mind on my wedding day. I had a huge grand wedding and knowing she know what I wanted let me just enjoy my day and not worry about it. And my wedding day was absolutely perfect! I only used her day-of coordination services since I did most other things myself, but it was one of the best decisions I made! Ever bride should have a day of coordinator!!! And if you are looking for someone to help with more planning she is the perfect gal to go to! She can really do everything if you need it! Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Essence of Events, LLC's reply:

Lisa, You are just the best! Thank you for so many wonderful comments within your review! Your wedding truly was a grand affair and I loved that you recognized the importance of having at least a day of coordinator and although you did so much yourself, you still came to us when you had questions or needed additional services or assistance. Thank you again! -Michelle

We were very happy with their services. I was very nervous in the beginning about decorating for the event and had a lot of questions. I emailed Michelle a lot and she answered all of my emails right away. It helped me to not worry as much and I felt like someone was there for me.

We had our wedding at our house, so there was a lot of decorating to do and details to be arranged. On the wedding day I was busy getting my hair done and was not around to supervise or do anything. I had planned to do all of the decorating and flowers myself but I had ran out of time. I had a pile of decorations and a laundry room full of buckets of flowers and vases. EOE came in and took over everything and did an AMAZING job! As soon as they got there I did not have to worry about anything! Every once in awhile I would get nervous and ask if they did this or that and they always had. Our wedding was beautifully decorated thanks to them, they even decorated my wedding cake beautifully with flowers.
    We did not have a rehearsal dinner and we were getting nervous about the procession, but they guided us through that with no problem.
    There was a point a month before the wedding that I wondered if I needed a planner, but now I am SO glad we had EOE and I would recommend them to anyone. The bottom line is, they made me feel like a guest at my own wedding. In the sense that I could sit back and just enjoy myself and they were taking care of directing the affair and making sure everything happened when and as it should. It was well worth the price and makes your wedding day a lot more enjoyable. You can tell Michelle has done a thousand weddings, because she is always calm, as if she has handled it all before, and I believe she has!

• :

Lourdes · Married on 07/26/2014

Very well organized and did a great job for our wedding. Everything went as planned and on time even though we (wedding couple) made things a bit difficult. Very professional in getting everybody to do what was needed and getting people organized especially during rehearsal. Overall a very good job done by Michelle and her assistants at Essence of Events. Use them, and this is coming from the groom.

-Jason and Lourdes

Jazmin · Married on 07/04/2014

I have to say at the beginning we were not to convinced about having a wedding planner. Then we realized that it was our day and we didn't want to be running around like crazy the day of our wedding.

We started looking and saw that you can have a coordinator for the day. We were trying to save some money. I met Michelle at the wedding expo. I stopped just to ask about there service and she was very nice, professional and helpful.

We set an appointment and from there we realized it was well worth it. They listened to our ideas, our concerns and to everything. They gave us ideas and lots of info.

Everything was perfect the day of the wedding. Nichole did an amazing job. To this day we have a lot of friends and family members who give us a lot of good compliments about our wedding. They also commented on how organized, smooth, beautiful and how wonderful of a job she did.

I highly recommend Michelle and her team. Nichole took a big weight off of our shoulders. She was on top of everything. If you are thinking of having a wedding it is worth it to have a wedding planner. I highly recommend it because you will not regret it a bit. We love these girls and would recommend them to anyone.

Thanks,
    Essence of Events team (Michelle & Nichole)
    Jazmin & Todd Studebaker :-)

Stephanie · Married on 04/12/2014

The Staff at Essence of Events was absolutely wonderful to work with. Michelle and her crew were able to bring my vision to life after just one meeting. Essence of Events kept in contact with me on a regular basis throughout the planning process and made me feel at ease when I had doubts about what to do. When it came down to the final days I received daily emails with updates (and even some reminders) that helped to keep the whole event on track. In the end my Wedding was a success! And I truly believe that I could not have done it myself.
    Thank you so much Michelle!
    To any bride that is hesitant about the expense of a wedding planner: Hire Michelle and team. They are worth it.
    -Stephanie and Jaime
    Married April 12 2014

Cortney · Married on 03/16/2014

This company goes above and beyond the call of duty! They will make your special day more incredible than you could ever imagine! The smallest details were paid attention to!!! I cant thank them enough for being there in the overwhelming days leading up to our wedding day as well as till the very end!!!

Heather · Married on 10/24/2013

I can not say enough amazing things about Michelle and her assistant. All the things that went off smoothly at our wedding would not have happened without them! Michelle was really great- super helpful, and was even able to help me get a (pretty last minute) hair and makeup appointment! There were times when we were planning our wedding that we thought we did not need a pro, but there's so many things that we didn't even think about, and Michelle was right on it, making sure everything was where it should be, that the vendors were all taken care of, and that everything went off without a hitch! She's a dream, and I would recommend her highly to anyone getting married.

I could not of asked for a better day. Thank you so much for making it all come together.

Elizabeth · Married on 08/31/2013

Hiring Michelle was one of the best decisions we made during the whole wedding planning process. Having a planner can be expensive, but it was one of the best use of money in our whole wedding.

Michelle did all the work and running around for our three day event so that my groom an I could enjoy our wedding rather than survive it.

Thanks Michelle!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Essence of Events, LLC's reply:

It was a pleasure working with the both of you! Happy to share in your special day and fortunate to have been chosen by both of you. Glad we could help you enjoy your wedding planning process and wedding weekend! Congratulations again! You two certainly are a perfect pair!

Sienna · Married on 03/30/2013

Essence of Events is THE best! Professional, understanding, and always a step ahead of things. Without them, I wouldn't have had the wedding of my dreams.

Jerry · Married on 03/30/2013

Bethany was phenomenal! Made our daughter's wedding go very smooth. Can't imagine not having her!

julie · Married on 03/30/2013

Bethany was very professional, she really made everything run so smoothly. She was organized and on top of everything, we didn't have to worry about anything she was always a step ahead. These special events in life are so important and can never be repeated so always go with the best and most trusted. Thank you Bethany!

Hannah · Married on 08/05/2012

I am so glad that Michelle Culp of Essence of Events, LLC was my Wedding Planner! Because of her, I saved money and kept to my budget! I was also inspired by Michelle to find even better ways to create a very memorable wedding!
    Thank you!

• User2008797 · 2+ years ago

If you want to work with someone who can see your vision and bring it to life then The Essence of Events is the Company you should work with. Every little detail was taken care of which relieved the stress of planning such an important event. My wedding is still being talked about as one of the most beautiful, organized, loving weddings in the family. The decorations, the food, everything was just perfect.

Maria · Married on 05/22/2010

I loved my planner, Michelle Culp . She was very helpful and very flexible. She really went above and beyond. She gave a great discount because of distance and to help stay within my budget for the wedding. She stayed in constant contact with me and my mother though out the planning process. She even attended the wonderful event.

Essence of events did a wonderful job. Michelle was a fantastic planner, I would recommend her services to anybody.

Thanks Again
    Gillespies

Maura · Married on 04/05/2014

Michelle is great, she went above and beyond to help make my wedding day special! She is also very reasonably priced!

Jana · Married on 07/18/2015

Michelle and her team took a tremendous amount of anxiety off my shoulders in the month leading up to our wedding. I wanted to be a semi-do-it-yourselfer and really appreciated how Michelle truly listened to make what we decided we wanted at our wedding a reality. And for the things we were indecisive about, particularly reception decor, she would present wonderful options in neat little packages for us to choose from. She was never more than a text, email, or phone call away. As a bride who has never been married before, it's difficult to know what you don't know, so Michelle's expertise and drive really shone through. There were only a few times I felt intimidated or needed to really advocate for myself to get full attention as one of the many couples she was helping. If I could do it again, I would contract with a florist of my choosing. Nevertheless, Michelle's attention to detail was prevalent throughout the process, especially in the 9 page timeline she constructed for the big day. This timeline, in addition to her effective management of vendors and her own staff, allowed me to find moments of delicious pause while I watched the joy, love, and beauty unfold. Thank you for helping me experience what every bride should, Essence of Events.