Emily Dawn Artistry Reviews

82 | Santa Monica, CA

82 Reviews for Emily Dawn Artistry

Jan · Married on 10/14/2017

Emily..
    I just wanted to thank you for for the beautiful job that you did on the hair and makeup of my daughter's bridal party last weekend. Everyone looked absolutely stunning!!
    I received so many compliments all night on my hair and make up also :)
    You are very talented at what you do. You've figured out the right mix of making people look naturally beautiful....
    Thank you again!!
    Jan

Susan · Married on 09/23/2017

We had 2 make up professionals and 2 hair professionals help at our daughter's wedding at Bel air Bay Club end of September. We couldn't have been happier!!!! All were very professional, listened to what each of the girls ( and moms!) wanted. They REALLY listened, gave a suggestion, idea when they felt they could add a bit more. Everyone was so happy, the wedding was beautiful because of the work of the 4 ladies! I would most certainly hire them again......THANK YOU!!!!

Heather · Married on 07/17/2017

Emily, and her team are AMAZING. We had Jenna, Rainey and Emily there with us on my wedding day and they were so awesome. They blended right into the swing of things and I felt like they were just meant to be part of the scene. They were so quick, timely and professional yet so much fun to be around. They made me feel so at ease on my big day and I felt like a freakin Hollywood glamour QUEEN on my big day and felt that my bridesmaids all looked like a bunch of beautiful fairy princess's. I could not stop looking around me at what beauty I was surrounded by; and the EDA team really were in large part responsible for that. I would book them again and again and my friends have all commented how beautiful they felt that day and how they wish they could have the EDA team with them everyday as their own glamour squad. I would trust anyone in Emily's team to work with me again. I have recommended them to everyone I could and plan to continue to do so.

Clare · Married on 11/05/2016

I worked with Emily Dawn Artistry for my wedding this month and I honestly can not say enough GREAT things about this team. They were easy to work with, creative, talented, fun, responsive, and accommodating to my schedule. Robyn & Jenna did my hair/makeup, and Emily was there as well to help out with my bridesmaids & mothers. Robyn and Jenna did an incredible job on my hair and makeup, I felt amazing & beautiful but still looked like myself. They truly listened to everything I wanted, and always came prepared based on photos I had sent them and looks I liked. I was getting compliments ( as well as my bridesmaids and moms) all night on how amazing our hair & makeup looked. I would definitely recommend them to any bride, they are the best!

Danielle · Married on 10/29/2016

Absolutely book Emily Dawn Artistry for your event. My hair and make up was flawless on my wedding day and lasted all night! Jenna and Heather know what they're doing and are some of the best out there. If you want to feel comfortable and look beautiful, this is the team for you! Emily was so helpful throughout the planning process, constantly checking in and giving me reminders for the big day. I feel so fortunate to have had this team work on me and my bridesmaids on my wedding day and I suggest you do the same! :)

Lauren · Married on 09/24/2016

Emily Dawn Artistry's makeup and hairstyling is exactly what you need for any event or wedding. To start, Emily's flawless talent and genuinely fun personality is always a recipe for making you look effortlessly beautiful. It's infectious and guaranteed to put you in a good mood for your event. That is an undervalued lethal combo.

As a woman with a profession that often requires long hours in the courtroom coupled with a sassy toddler at home, I needed an experienced team to plan and execute everything for my wedding party with good taste and little guidance. That's exactly what I got. I've never felt more beautiful in my life then on my wedding day, and that's all thanks to Emily and her team. ~Lauren

Rebecca · Married on 09/09/2016

Emily is a perfectionist in the very best way and she's exactly what you want for your wedding day. I highly recommend her and her team. Erin was beyond exquisite for both hair and makeup and had such an ease to her which is important for your big day. They both did exactly what I asked for and delivered five star red carpet wedding day results.

Laura · Married on 11/07/2015

I worked with Emily Dawn Artistry for my wedding in November and I had a great experience with them! They were very easy to work with, responsive, and accommodating to my schedule. The team even came to my apartment for the trials which was super convenient. Heather and Ashley Joy did an amazing job on my hair and makeup, I felt like a million bucks on my wedding day! They made my hair and makeup look flawless yet still like me. They also did hair & makeup for my bridesmaids, flower girls, and mother and everyone looked incredible! The team was so nice and made me feel very relaxed during the getting ready process which I appreciated. I would definitely recommend them to any bride!

Tracey · Married on 09/19/2015

Emily and her team were amazing! Prior to my wedding I had Emily help me correct the color of my hair. I naturally have ashy brown hair but it was orange/red from prior bad dye jobs. Emily told me she would do her best to minimize the red, but she did even better than that! My hair looked healthy and natural. It was such a relief to know that my hair would look natural and beautiful on my wedding day. I also had Emily get me clip-in extensions for my wedding day. I’ve always been hesitant about extensions of any kind, but when I saw these I was shocked. They are real hair and matched my hair perfectly. Having the extensions in my hair gave me the added length and fullness I wanted for my wedding day hair. During my trial I met Rainey and Jenna. Both of these ladies are so sweet and so professional. Rainey was so great at communicating with me about what I envisioned for my hair and Jenna did an amazing job making me look beautiful but still very natural. During the trial the girls were also great about brainstorming ideas for my bridesmaids’ hair and makeup. On the day of the wedding Rainey and Jenna were set up and ready to go as soon as I got there. They stuck to an efficient schedule in order to get all my girls and me ready in time, but they also chatted with us the whole time making it a really fun morning and afternoon. Everyone looked gorgeous with their hair and makeup; yet still very natural which was important to me. I also chose to have touch ups for makeup and hair up until my reception. I am so glad I invested in this service. Jenna was with me right up until I walked down the aisle, and then as soon as the ceremony was done she was there to touch up my hair and makeup, and of course throughout photos she was right there making sure I looked my best self. I highly recommend Emily Dawn Artistry, if you are looking for a professional company that will make you look gorgeous on wedding day, yet still natural, you need to book with them!

As cliché as it sounds, I truly can not say enough amazing things about Emily.

I have never felt more beautiful than when she did my hair and makeup on my wedding day. In a very random turn of events it ended up raining during my desert wedding. Emily was a trooper- she basically had to do my hair/makeup twice since it looked like I had gone swimming after our first look pics. It was one of those times when I was so grateful I had someone who was not only talented, but experienced and professional as well. I would say I was a pretty picky and some what untraditional bride, Emily has such a high end aesthetic that surpassed my expectations (plus everything she does photographs beautifully).

On a more personal note, Emily was just a joy to be around. She is funny, energetic and interesting- the kind of person you want to be around right before you get married!

Overall, I can honestly say my wedding day was the best day of my life and Emily helped make it happen :)

jenna · Married on 01/03/2015

Emily and her team are amazing. I have experienced Emily Dawn's services at 2 other weddings besides my own, and every time I was thrilled with how I looked. At my wedding this past January, Emily and her team, again, were amazing. They made my bridal party and me look absolutely stunning.

I booked Emily Dawn Artistry for my hair and wedding makeup upon the recommendation of my wedding planner. Emily is incredibly talented. On my wedding day, she made me look as beautiful on the outside as I felt special on the inside. So she succeeded in making me feel like a gorgeous princess! The compliments from everyone only served to reinforce my notion that Emily is a genius. The best part was, I still looked like me – just better!
    Emily took care and time to understand what hair and makeup I envisioned for myself and offered suggestions to make sure it would be appropriate for me. She used the trial to work her magic to get creative with my hair (pulled in a low but cool looking bun) which inspired stunning results on the big day. I have honestly never seen a bun as amazing, creative yet polished-looking before this one. My hair was a work of art. Our wedding photographer was even obsessed with it. He loved the bun and said he had never seen one like it. He even insisted on taking photos of the back of my head at different spots throughout our venue.
    I was worried that being Asian, I would need to find someone with experience working with Asian hair and makeup. That is not a concern at all with Emily… she’s got vast enough experience to make her adept at all ethnicities.
    Finally, Emily has such a laid-back, genuine and warm personality. She is definitely good people. She immediately puts you at ease which is a big win on your wedding day! I highly recommend her and cannot thank her enough for making me look and feel as beautiful as I ever have! I will find any excuse to book her again!

Christine · Married on 10/18/2014

Dear Emily and everyone at Emily Dawn Artistry,

I’m sorry I couldn’t get this email to you sooner, as Daniel and I were in Fiji on our honeymoon for the last week, and just moved out to New York yesterday! But before I let more time slip by, I wanted to express my appreciation. I cannot tell you enough how much I loved how my hair and makeup turned out at the wedding. I truly felt so beautiful and can never thank you enough for your magic skills!! It was absolutely perfect. The best part was just knowing I didn’t have to stress or worry about how my hair and makeup would turn out that day, because you are so reliable. One of the most hilarious memories I have, however, is taking off my fake eyelashes and hair extensions that night. I don’t think Daniel was expecting that part ;-)
    Anyways, thanks again to you and your entire team at Emily Dawn Artistry for everything. You are all so talented. My mom, mother in law, and bridesmaids looked amazing! Everyone on your team so professional and efficient, and you were all so easy to hang out with that morning. I will send some pictures your way when we get the professional photos, but in the meantime, here is a same day edit video that was played at our wedding so you can have a peek on how everyone’s hair and makeup held up throughout the day and night. And you made it in the video too!! http://vimeo.com/109432031 Good luck with everything in the future, and hopefully we cross paths again!

Warmly,
    Christine

Emily and her team were absolutely wonderful and incredibly flexible. Even though we did a trial, I walked into the wedding day wanting to change both my hair and makeup from the original look, and Jenna and Heather couldn't have done a better job. Without a picture to go off of, they created a look that felt very true to me. The bridesmaids looked fantastic and natural as well - I couldn't have asked for more. And on top of it all, both Emily and Ivonne are quick to respond to email, making the process seamless.

Ashley · Married on 09/06/2014

Emily Dawn Artistry is simply the best! Emily is amazing. She not only makes you look beautiful, but also, makes you feel at ease. I also booked Emily to follow me around during the day as I was taking pictures so she could touch me up. I was so fortunate to have her with me! She made sure my hair was perfect in EVERY picture and touched up my makeup when needed. But just as important, she kept me calm, made me laugh, and kept me sane! Additionally, her team of hair stylists and makeup artists made my bridal party look absolutely stunning. I highly highly recommend Emily and her team.

Emily and the entire team at Emily Dawn Artistry are the absolute best! They did hair and makeup for me, my mom, my mother in law, and all of my bridesmaids on my wedding day and everyone looked absolutely gorgeous!! All of us were so happy with our hair and makeup, and we all truly appreciated how the team listened to what each of us wanted/were looking for. The team was so calm and fun from the moment they started in the morning, a vibe I definitely appreciated on my wedding day. :) Everyone was finished on time and looked absolutely perfect!! Thank you to the entire team!!

Natalie · Married on 07/03/2014

Emily and her team did my hair/makeup for my wedding on 7/3 and I could not have been any happier!! She is seriously one talented girl and her team did an outstanding job on my bridal party. We met beforehand for a trial session to figure out my hair/makeup style and Emily was just really great at listening to my concerns and coming up with something that would compliment my style for my special day! We ended up going with some extensions (which are AMAZING) and everything really came out perfect. Her team (Jenna, Rainey, Ashley Joy, Heather, and Ivonne) were also really awesome and friendly and a lot of fun to work with! All of my bridesmaids were so happy with their hair/makeup that some of them are already asking for their contact info for when THEY get married!

Emily also stayed for touch-ups which was the BEST thing i could've done. she was beyond attentive and made sure everything was perfect and every hair was in place for our photos and ceremony. Everyone was so friendly, professional and i would 100% recommend Emily and her team to anyone looking for a stress-free wedding day!

Emily and the other artists who joined her on my wedding day were absolutely wonderful to work with! Emily is very easy to get along with. She understood the look and feel I was going for, and it was exactly what I got! My hair and makeup lasted and was solid throughout the whole day: through lots of sun, sweat, and tears, and even smushing my head together with my bridesmaids when hugging. My bridesmaids just brought in pictures of the hairstyles they wanted and I'm pretty sure they ended up even better looking than the pictures. Their makeup was perfect for them and the kind of event it was. They looked gorgeous. It was also really fun to do a whole hair and makeup gathering the morning of the wedding with my bridesmaids and moms. The moms were really happy to get such wonderful treatment.

Abby · Married on 06/22/2014

I could not have imagined a more flawless experience with Emily and her artists, Heather and Ashley Joy. They arrived on time, with an unbelievable assortment of products for all types, and ready to work. They followed their timeline and were flexible when needed. Each girl was listened to and the artists' work was truly breathtaking. I was so pleased with how everyone looked the day of the wedding. As for my experience with Emily, she was the sweetest from day one. Easy to correspond with, happy to make your day the way you imagine it, and helped me figure out the best look that I would be happy with...not others, but me. I recommend using Emily Dawn Artistry with absolutely no hesitation.

Melissa · Married on 06/21/2014

Emily was lovely to work with. She is truly an artist. She is very detailed and diverse. She was open to hearing all of my concerns and ideas and reviewing my inspirations. We did a trail and I loved the makeup but wasn't sure about the hair. She worked with me around my difficult schedule to do another hair trail. She ended up creating the exact look I settled on! She was not only punctual on the " Big Day" but helped us recoup the time lost when my girl's missed their time slots. Everyone turned out spectacularly beautiful and picture perfect. Everyone raved about our looks. Emily is very talented as are her girls. She is bubbly, sweet, and only adds to the ambiance on such a special day. I can not recommend her enough!

I was referred to Emily Dawn Artistry by a friend and I'm so glad I reached out to them to do my wedding makeup! Ashley and Nikki were there to help all of my girls get dolled up. They were awesome! I kept looking at all of my bridesmaid in just utter shock about how gorgeous they all looked. Everyone glowed! I was working with Emily as well and she was a great coordinator between myself and my artist. They were very professional and actually added fun to our day of getting ready! Would happily recommend them to any bride who is looking for the best glam squad!

Amber · Married on 06/07/2014

I booked Emily Dawn Artistry for my wedding hair and makeup the day I got engaged. Emily did my sister's hair and makeup about a year prior. I was so floored at how amazing Emily made my already-beautiful sister look so I knew I had to have her too!

One of the great things about Emily is that she is skilled with a wide range of hair types. I am bi-racial and finding people who know how to handle my natural hair can be... challenging to say the least. But it was no problem for Emily! I had trouble finding pictures of natural wedding looks so I just kind of explained to Emily what I was going for and she nailed it! The hair was perfectly replicated on the big day and even held up through a surprise salsa routine I neglected to tell Emily I'd be doing.

My makeup was perfect too. I wanted to look like myself of course, but more glamorous. Emily did a great job letting my freckles show while still making my skin look flawless. And Emily's team is equally great! My wedding party looked absolutely stunning. Hair and makeup is such an important part of a wedding and I am so glad I was able to use the best artists around.

Megan · Married on 05/03/2014

Emily was nothing short of amazing. I wish I could get married all over again just for an excuse to have her do my hair and makeup!!! The day spent with her was fantastic. Not only was she efficient, she was so much fun! My day went so smooth because of Emily. She had me, my bridesmaids, and both mother and mother in law all done on perfect timing. She drew up a schedule and stuck to it. I couldn't of felt more beautiful then the day I did on my wedding day. I had a vision and Emily was dead on. Her energy and personality filled the day with so much happiness. I can't say enough great things about Emily, I highly recommend using her!

Lauren · Married on 01/19/2014

Emily is AMAZING! She did my hair for my wedding (as well as my bridesmaids, mom, aunt, and the groom) and all of us could not have been more pleased. I was thrilled with my hair -- I wanted a half up/half down look with loose curls and had some pictures for inspiration, and the look Emily created was exactly what I had hoped for. She created this twist/waterfall style that looked awesome and had everyone asking me who did my hair! Plus, it held up throughout the ceremony and reception.

All of my bridesmaids loved their hair, and they received a variety of different looks between them, everything from a straight blowout, to loose curls and waves, to a really cool updo that incorporated an upside down french braid that went into a top knot. She also did a great job styling the groom and he was really pleased as well. I would HIGHLY recommend Emily to anyone!

Nanci · Married on 01/19/2014

Emily is a true talent! She recently did the hair for my daughter's wedding - bride, bridesmaids, groom, mother of the bride and even aunt. She was so in tune not only with what each person wanted but also with what worked for their specific hair. Her styles complimented each individual personality and overall look. I appreciated her professional demeanor and attention to detail. She is a skilled artist and genuinely nice person.