20 Reviews for Earlyhouse

Server(s) (1)
Bartender(s) (1)
Outside Alcohol (1)
20 Earlyhouse Reviews

We had a fantastic experience working with Earlyhouse! The location is beautiful and we got so many compliments not only on our venue, but also on the food. Kathy (the owner) works with each couple to make sure that your day is everything you hoped for. She met with us multiple times throughout the process and since we missed her big tasting for the couples was able to save us samples from other events so we could pick our menu. The food on the day of the event was incredible--m friends and family still tell me months after the fact how much they enjoyed the food (especially the traditional roast beef) and appreciated the space. Kathy was very flexible in working with us and made us feel part of the Earlyhouse family. This place is definitely worth the price since you get access to the venue for 14 hours and the catering prices are very reasonable.

Profile Picture Brittany, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thank you for a beautiful wedding of our granddaughter Sarah Gibson and her new husband Tyler Gibson. The venue was spectacular, the food was our of this world delicious, the service was wonderful and the staff was so kind.
Your facility is wonderful and I will recommend it to all I know. Thank you again, Lynne Sprouse.

Profile Picture Lynne , 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From our first meeting with Earlyhouse to our exit as newlyweds everything was perfect! Absolutely beautiful venue for our special day! Our photo opportunities were so romantic and beautiful! Pictures turned out great! The food was amazing and there were so many choices! Kathy Stiles, the owner, was wonderful. She provided professional guidance in helping us create our vision and kept the night moving along elegantly. The day was like a fairy tale, start to finish, a perfect day for us and our guests! Everyone had a wonderful day of celebrating! Looking back, I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Profile Picture Angela, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning
4.2

This venue was an amazing option for my husband and I. We were able to fit ~120 people comfortably! Awesome value with everything included. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture User6805281, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol

I am set to have my wedding at the Earlyhouse June of 2015. Kathy has been WONDERFUL. The service has been wonderful and I look forward to my big day there.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kathy & Earlyhouse family really did everything to make sure that "our day" went smoothly, and beautifully. Our guests are still complimenting to us how naturally gorgeous it all was, how great the food tasted, and how much they genuinely enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of it all. We feel so lucky to have found this place!

Profile Picture Carrie, 5/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Earlyhouse was the perfect venue. There was great communication between us and the venue and everything was handled well.

Profile Picture Chatra, 8/16/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Earlyhouse was a beautiful setting for our daughter's wedding! Kathy and her staff were very accomadating and easy to work with. Everything went smoothly!

Profile Picture Julia, 8/2/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything about our wedding was perfect! Earlyhouse was a beautiful location and Kathy and her family made the whole experience laid back and fun. The food was fantastic and the area provided to get ready in was ideal. We had around 150 people attend our wedding and there was plenty of room for everyone to sit, move around, and dance. It was so convenient to have one price cover so many things: Catering, bar tenders, location, tables, chairs, linens, etc. Kathy and the Earlyhouse staff and family helped us throughout the wedding process and were incredibly flexible and always patient. We are very grateful to Earlyhouse and would recommend it to anyone!

Profile Picture User4283798, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

Earlyhouse was amazing and beautiful! The food and service - Exceptional!! The owners, and all who worked to make my daughter's special day perfect succeeded every expectation. Our familes, and all of our guests, had an absolute lovely experience. We are so appreciative to the Stiles' for all they did to help us make this wedding perfect!

Profile Picture Susan, 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When we chose Earlyhouse as the location for our wedding, we had no idea how spoiled we were about to get.
Kathy and her team of wedding wizards are there for you each step of the way with ideas, advice, and calming words.

She gives you a list of preferred vendors, which was a humongous help. I ended up with an awesome photographer and wonderful DJ that were picked from her list.

Many outdoor venues have a lot of hidden fees, but that wasn't true at Earlyhouse. We didn't have to rent tables, chairs, or a tent. We had access to Kathy's own house to get ready.

The catering was to die for. Kathy did both our rehearsal dinner and reception and all I can say is WOW.

On the big day, I was nervous as can be but I had no reason. Kathy made sure everyone was where they were supposed to be at the right time (she had been a huge help creating our timeline as well) and it couldn't have gone any smoother.

And of course, I wouldn't want to forget the dove release at the end of the ceremony! As one of my guests said "it was sickeningly sweet, just perfect for a wedding!"

Seriously, couldn't have asked for a more lovely location. And Kathy was amazing, by the end it felt like we were family!

Profile Picture Katie, 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

If you're looking for a professional, yet laid back country feel for your wedding, Earlyhouse is the place to be! I say "country" because the location is set out in the woods at Kathy Stiles' beautiful home. The outdoor setting is just magnificent; from the walkway across the beautiful pond out to the unique gazebo (for the actual ceremony), to the tented terrace (for reception), we could not have asked for a more exceptional location for our daughter's wedding. The pond fountain is gorgeous (lights up at night), the dove release is spectacular, and Kathy along with her staff do everything in their power to make your day as special as it was meant to be. Kathy also catered our affair. The food was so delicious, our Reverend said, and I quote "the next time I want roast beef, I'm going to bring it out here and ask Kathy to cook it for me" - and he lives 1 1/2 hours away... Yes, folks, it was that good! Almost makes me wish I had another daughter so I could do it all over again (haha!) and with the amount we spent for the location and food along with the professional service, I would do it again in a heartbeat. There are a lot of overpriced wedding venues in this area, but Earlyhouse is not one of them. Thank you Kathy for making our daughter's day one of the most memorable days of our lives!

Profile Picture Tammy, 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

My niece, Janet Gibbs and her fiance' Michael Mullins were married at the Earlyhouse in Louisa VA in June. I want to try to express the feeling that is still lingering long after their wedding. First of all this is a beautiful place to have a wedding. The setting is gorgeous. The owner and her staff took care of everything to make this special day magical. That is the feeling it has left me with. You could tell they were well experienced and professional in taking care of everything that was being done and yet casual enough that you knew they were enjoying the occasion as much as Katie and Michael and their guests. The service that was provided by Kathy, the owner and her staff was more like family than owner and client and that means a lot to me. I would definitely recommend the Earlyhouse for any event you may have in mind but especially a wedding. Magical is a good feeling to be left with!

Profile Picture Robin, 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was an absolute beautiful venue! The staff and owner were so friendly, helpful, fun and knowledgeable. I felt so at ease and knew my day was in great hands. The pictures are all so stunning with the fountain, gazebo, bridges etc. great place to get awesome shots. I highly recommend Earlyhouse for a wedding or any other special occasion.

Profile Picture Colleen, 6/7/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Let me start with some of the reviews from my guests. "The best wedding I've ever attended", from one of our guests high in the ranks in food and beverage for Marriott. "Hands down the wedding of the century", from our DJ. "This plase is AMAZING..the only reason I wouldn't get married here is because I can't pick it up and move it to Rhode Island!", from a...well, a die hard Rhode Islander. As for me, this was literally my dream wedding. We were able to utilize everything at Earlyhouse from Kathy's impeccable wedding planning skills to the small vineyard for my rehearsal dinner and even the house for my wine reception prior to my ceremony. The food for my rehearsal dinner, cocktail hour, wedding dinner, and parting brunch was delicious and I was able to tailor every aspect of my big weekend to meet our wants and needs. I was worried about the rain, as anyone would be who is planning a large outdoor wedding. So, when we suffered a terrible storm the Thursday prior, I was already in the throes of executing my plan B (umbrellas, tent sides, the no-rain dance- you know, the usual). Fortunately, my perfect day also meant my perfect weather and I can't rave enough about all they did at Earlyhouse to pull it off. My husband has a very large family and we ourselves came in from North Carolina, while a good portion of our 160 guests were out of state. They were able to enjoy Lake Anna and Cooper Vineyard as well as the bed and breakfast at Weston Farms in between our extensive festivities. Who could ask for anything more?! I only wish I could download my pictures because they are worth a thousand...stars. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the flawless memories that will last a lifetime.

Profile Picture Kelly, 5/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

From the very beginning my husband and I LOVED earlyhouse. From the first meeting to our big day we were welcomed by the entire staff. Kathy, the owner, was in constant contact with myself to ensure that I was on track with my plans and offered any assistance that she could offer to me. We had one on one meetings to get every detail of our big day, tastings of the menu so we could pick what we wanted and even a bridal expo was held on the property!!! On our big day we got there as early as we could to get the decorations done and herself and the staff were there every step of the way to help us with decorating. Their attention to the details of our special day were meet way past our expectations. They will forever be with us when my husband and I remembrance on our big day!! I would highly recommend Earlyhouse to any of my friends that will be tying the knot soon! Thank you Kathy and to everyone at the Earlyhouse venue. We could not have had the best day of our lives without you all!

Profile Picture Mandy, 4/26/14, 1 Review
1.0

The place is beautiful. The food is excellent. The service and value are not.

If your wedding is larger than 80 people do not go here! The lady at the early house will make promises she can not keep. I met with Kathy on multiple occasions. We had a larger wedding of 175 which we though would be 200. She promised we would all fit and she has had that big of a party. She also promised she would set up my place settings for me if I left directions. All of her promises were not kept.

Day of the wedding we arrived at our scheduled time. Nothing had been set up. The chairs were dirty and the beach area had giant sand piles of new sand that had never been pushed down. My mom and sister Missed my bridal preparations because they had to use towels they had in the back of the car to clean off dirty chairs and set up the entire reception area. The giant sand piles remained throughout the wedding.

The rain held off for the ceremony. I know an outdoor venue runs the risk of getting rained on. But, everyone was suppose to be under a tent. Well her tent had holes in it. Everyone was soaked. Her tent also doesn't even cover her entire patio and it doesn't have sides so the floors were also soaked. Even if the tent didn't have holes the rain would have come through the sides. She had just put in a huge fountain in her pond. I think a new tent with better coverage would have bed a better choice to add to her venue.

Then the power went out and they had no back up generator. No power in the country means no running water and no flushing toilets. This was for Nearly an hour. Then the generator wasn't powerful enough for the music equipment so we had no music until the power finally returned a about another hour later.

We were very disappointed with the service from Kathy. We wrote her a letter to express our dissatisfaction. She has never replied and never spoken to us since the night of the wedding.

Profile Picture Marianne, 4/25/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the perfect place for my son to get married. Absolutely beautiful! The venue representatives were all amazing and made this day a day I will never forget. Thank you again Earlyhouse.! :)

Profile Picture Tammy, 5/4/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not have asked for a better wedding experience at Earlyhouse! After throwing around several dates, we decided on June 13th. Kathy, the owner, was along for every step of the planning offering advice and tips. She truly puts her heart and soul into her brides and their weddings. She even goes as far as to share her home with the wedding parties.

As with any outdoor wedding, you have to be prepared for anything so we were sure to plan for "plan B" just in case we got rained out. Thank goodness we did because shortly after the ceremony it POURED rain. Luckily we had tent sides on her tent for that very reason. Once the rain stopped it got extremely hot and humid. Thankfully Kathy had large industrial fans that she plugged up on the patio to keep everyone comfortable.

Another thing that was extremely helpful was Kathy's list of preferred vendors. These are industry professionals that she personally recommends based on her experiences with them. I loved having so many choices of vendors who had already worked at my venue because it really helped to ensure things went as smoothly as possible.

Earlyhouse is one of my absolute favorite places. Its a beautiful and extremely versatile venue and it is run by one of the sweetest most welcoming families I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. Getting married here is more than just having a venue for your wedding day. Having gotten married at Kathy's home, I really feel like I have become a part of the family!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/13/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

Most magical place for any event. Earlyhouse has become my happy place. The Stiles family is amazing, they have become more than friends over the years. I would recommend Earlyhouse for you next event. You will NOT be disappointed

Profile Picture Laurie, 9/18/04, 1 Review