9 Golden Horseshoe Road, Stanardsville, VA 22973 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 39

About Golden Horseshoe Inn

An intimate wedding venue in Stanardsville, Virginia, Golden Horseshoe Inn specializes in all-inclusive weddings and elopements. A part of the wedding industry since 2008, the venue assists those couples in the Stanardsville, Charlottesville, Richmond, and Washington, DC areas. Golden Horseshoe Inn is the perfect choice for couples looking to embrace simplicity!

Facilities and Capacity
Golden Horseshoe Inn offers wedding packages for elopements and intimate weddings, which couples may choose from to host their ceremony and/or reception. The venue can host up to 70 guests.

Those who choose Golden Horseshoe Inn to service their special day benefit from a variety of amenities. Their services include:

• Event planning
  • Glassware
  • Linens
  • Server(s)

Other Facilities
Golden Horseshoe Inn couples may also benefit from the following wedding-event facilities:

• Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Elopements

Other Services
The following transportation and access-related services are provided to all guests:

• Parking
  • Wheelchair access

History
Built in 1827, the Golden Horseshoe Inn originally served as a stagecoach inn for travelers crossing through the Swift Run Gap of the Blue Ridge Mountains. During the Civil War, Stonewall Jackson utilized the space as an office while troops camped in the valley.

Location
Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Golden Horseshoe Inn is located approximately two miles east of Skyline Drive's Swift Run Gap entrance and five miles west of Stanardsville.

Follow Golden Horseshoe Inn on

Videos 1 Video

156 Reviews for Golden Horseshoe Inn

• Rachel

Rachel Watson · Getting married on 06/07/2022

Beautiful mountain venue, breathtaking photography, simply perfect!

The Golden Horseshoe Inn is truly a piece of heaven on earth! It's hard not to start gushing about how magical our Elegance Elopement was, and how genuine, kind and attentive Heather and Monique were throughout the planning process and then on the day itself. The GHI team really is hacking the wedding industry in the most beautiful way! :)

From the moment we visited the GHI website, we fell in love -- the mountain location, the drop-dead gorgeous photography, the all-inclusive packages. Heather was incredibly attentive and communicative, answering my questions super quickly via email and just making us even more excited for the big day!

Upon arriving, we felt right at home. In our 8 years together, Ian and I never really had the chance to feel like guests of honor, and having the whole venue and day devoted to the two of us was so special. All we really gave Heather as inspiration for a theme was “hippie, rustic, boho” -- and she conveyed this PERFECTLY in the sweetheart’s table, décor at the outdoor ceremony site, everything! It was like Heather and Monique had known us for years. Monique was also our officiant, and she was super sweet and patient as she kept having to hand me tissues. :) While we enjoyed cake and champagne, Monique even surprised us by playing the soundtrack from the movie that brought Ian and I together and that Ian had mentioned in his vows. The entire GHI team is so thoughtful and makes you feel like VIPs for a day!

The bouquet, boutonniere and cake were simply gorgeous! I absolutely loved my bouquet and the cake was probably the best we’ve ever had. It was so special to have all these details taken care of and ready for us to enjoy so we could spend the day focusing on each other. Highly recommend the mountaintop photoshoot for truly epic shots! We also immensely enjoyed our stay in the Chestnut Hills Cottage as the honeymoon cottage add-on.

I haven’t even mentioned the photography!! Where to begin! Heather’s loving, warm personality is infectious, and she went out of her way to make us feel at ease in front of the camera and help us with natural poses, expressions, etc. The photos themselves are absolutely priceless and Ian and I will treasure them forever. We can’t thank the GHI team enough, and we'll be looking for excuses to come back soon!

Sent on 08/05/2020
  • Laura

Laura Denton · Getting married on 06/06/2022

Simply Amazing Experience for an Elopement

My husband and I got married at the Golden Horseshoe Inn last week, and I can’t begin to describe just how wonderful of an experience it was. I feel like five stars isn't enough!

I was looking for venues in Virginia that specialize in small ceremonies and elopements, and I thankfully came across GHI on Google. From the website alone, I felt like I found something special. Heather, GHI’s owner, does a fantastic job of providing all of the information you could want on the website. I submitted an inquiry through the website and heard back from Heather that same day. In the first email I received from her, I could tell that she loves what she does, and that she tries to make the planning experience as stress-free as possible.

We had about three weeks to plan the wedding, and it could not have been any easier. You’re provided with a planning guide that helps walk you through all of the decisions you need to make (e.g., cake flavor and style, colors for your bouquet, music to walk down the aisle). You’re also given a checklist which I found really helpful as my husband I worked our way through all of the different decisions. Heather was incredibly responsive while working through the wedding plans, and I was confident that she and her team would have everything in order when we arrived for our wedding.

The wedding day was spectacular. We were given a day of timeline, and at no point did we feel like we were being rushed. When we arrived, the venue was set up and Heather took us for a tour and make sure we liked how everything was set up. She and her team really had a good sense of our taste and there was nothing we wanted changed. Alan, the GHI officiant, did a wonderful job officiating the ceremony and welcomed the tailored ceremony script I had provided. After the ceremony, Heather and her team gracefully guided us through the rest of the afternoon—the toast, the cake cutting, the first dance.

And then we had fun going around the GHI grounds on a photo shoot. Heather is also a phenomenal photographer and when you get married at GHI, I strongly recommend adding on the photo shoot up on Skyline Drive. She has great locations picked out for photographs, and there was also something magical about standing on the rocks at one of the lookouts, enjoying the beautiful scenery with my new husband. We are so happy with the photo preview Heather gave us, and can't wait to see the final set!

Also, Heather has awesome vendors that she works with. My bouquet was breathtaking, and something I could have never dreamed up. I spent the two days after my wedding talking about how much I loved it. And the cake was absolutely delicious—I can’t wait to enjoy it again next year!

All in all, the experience with GHI was everything I could want it to be: stress-free and fun. I felt like we were in good hands with Heather and her team, and that was absolutely the case the day of our wedding. If you’re looking to elope or have a small, intimate wedding, please choose GHI. You won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 07/06/2020
  • Lisa

Lisa Zimmerman · Getting married on 02/06/2022

Pure Perfection!

Where to begin! From the moment we booked our vow renewal with Heather at Golden Horseshoe Inn we knew we were in good hands!! Heather promptly responded to all email inquiries, no matter how far away our day was or if I told her my inquiry was not urgent.

When we arrived at GHI on the day of our event, everything was PERFECT. Heather has a true gift for understanding the feel of the wedding and what it is the bride & groom are looking for on their wedding day!!! She ensured we had everything we needed...and her bubbling enthusiasm made us even more excited to be there and to share our day with the GHI family!

Monique's support in helping the bride get dressed, queuing up the music, and simply her beautiful, loving, kind, compassionate presence meant the world to us! She was even gracious enough to provide us with restaurant suggestions during our stay in Standardsville!

The officiant, Alan, could not be more perfect. He has such a kind, loving, joyful aura about him...where you know he is full of nothing but pure love! His eyes sparkle with excitement as he officiates your ceremony...and you feel as if you've known him for years!

Heather radiates joy, love, happiness, beauty, excitement...and all the good in this world! She is an accomplished and highly gifted photographer! The photographs we received from our vow renewal are far superior than the ones that were taken on our actual wedding day...by a photography company! Heather knows exactly how to help direct your pose and has a gifted eye for the perfect shot(s)!

Our FAVORITE part of all of this is how we were fully accepted into the GHI family upon arrival by Heather, Monique and Alan. You cannot find a better group of such loving, caring, compassionate, joyful individuals. The three of them made us feel special and loved...and we have accepted each of them as chosen members of our family. We cannot wait to go back to say hi!!
    If you are thinking about booking your wedding or vow renewal at Golden Horseshoe Inn stop thinking about it and DO IT! You will NOT be disappointed!!!

To Heather, Monique & Alan: Thank you for ALL you did for us...and for everything you do for future couples. You all are AMAZING! (And you're a BIG deal!!) With Love in ALL Ways, Lisa & Brian Zimmerman.

Sent on 07/02/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Golden Horseshoe Inn FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Linens
    Parking
    Set Up
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Cake Cutting
    Server(s)
    Wedding Cake
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Historic Building
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Elopements
  • What event services do you offer?
    All Inclusive Packages
    Cake
    Clean Up
    Event Planner
    Get Ready Rooms
    Outside Vendors
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Wheelchair Access

• Blue Ridge Cafe & Catering Wedding Caterers

We always enjoy catering at the Golden Horseshoe Inn; the venue is an adorable, charming, romantic setting right outside Shenandoah National Forest. Heather Tusing and her staff are an absolute pleasure to work with to create an individualized approach to your "special day." Their attention to detail and customer satisfaction is of utmost importance. If you're planning a smaller wedding, 70 or less, you need to book with Heather!

• On Location Bridal by Judy Hayward Wedding Hair & Makeup

One of my all time favorite venues. Attention to detail, personalized, artistic, soft elegance, beautiful, creative, experienced. Heather is a true gem as well.

• Virginia Schweninger, Harpist Wedding Musicians

When I play my harp for a wedding at the Golden Horseshoe Inn, I always look forward to a relaxed and well-planned event that might have been pulled out of a movie. The beautiful mountains, the historic home, the quiet intimate setting and the friendly team of professionals all pull together to create a truly magical experience for all!

• 9 Golden Horseshoe Road Stanardsville, VA, 22973 See on map
    434-566-2555 (Phone number)
    Open by Appointment Only for Venue Tours and Events Office Hours Tuesday - Sunday 10am - 5pm
    Location of (Golden Horseshoe Inn)