Golden Horseshoe Inn

Up to 50 guests

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$6k - $10k For 50 Guests
Up to 50 guests

An intimate wedding venue in Stanardsville, Virginia, Golden Horseshoe Inn specializes in all-inclusive weddings and elopements. A part of the wedding industry since 2008, the venue assists those couples in the Stanardsville, Charlottesville, Richmond, and Washington, DC areas. Golden Horseshoe Inn is the perfect choice for couples looking to embrace simplicity!

Facilities and Capacity
Golden Horseshoe Inn offers wedding packages for elopements and intimate weddings, which couples may choose from to host their ceremony and/or reception. The venue can host up to 70 guests.

Those who choose Golden Horseshoe Inn to service their special day benefit from a variety of amenities. Their services include:

• Event planning
  • Glassware
  • Linens
  • Server(s)

Other Facilities
Golden Horseshoe Inn couples may also benefit from the following wedding-event facilities:

• Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Elopements

Other Services
The following transportation and access-related services are provided to all guests:

• Parking
  • Wheelchair access

History
Built in 1827, the Golden Horseshoe Inn originally served as a stagecoach inn for travelers crossing through the Swift Run Gap of the Blue Ridge Mountains. During the Civil War, Stonewall Jackson utilized the space as an office while troops camped in the valley.

Location
Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Golden Horseshoe Inn is located approximately two miles east of Skyline Drive's Swift Run Gap entrance and five miles west of Stanardsville.

• Woman-owned

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Server(s)
Wedding Cake

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Historic Building

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Elopements

What event services do you offer?

All Inclusive Packages
Cake
Clean Up
Event Planner
Get Ready Rooms
Outside Vendors
Set Up
Wifi

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

• Rachel
    Rachel W. Married on 06/07/2022

Beautiful mountain venue, breathtaking photography, simply perfect!

The Golden Horseshoe Inn is truly a piece of heaven on earth! It's hard not to start gushing about how magical our Elegance Elopement was, and how genuine, kind and attentive Heather and Monique were throughout the planning process and then on the day itself. The GHI team really is hacking the wedding industry in the most beautiful way! :)

From the moment we visited the GHI website, we fell in love -- the mountain location, the drop-dead gorgeous photography, the all-inclusive packages. Heather was incredibly attentive and communicative, answering my questions super quickly via email and just making us even more excited for the big day!

Upon arriving, we felt right at home. In our 8 years together, Ian and I never really had the chance to feel like guests of honor, and having the whole venue and day devoted to the two of us was so special. All we really gave Heather as inspiration for a theme was “hippie, rustic, boho” -- and she conveyed this PERFECTLY in the sweetheart’s table, décor at the outdoor ceremony site, everything! It was like Heather and Monique had known us for years. Monique was also our officiant, and she was super sweet and patient as she kept having to hand me tissues. :) While we enjoyed cake and champagne, Monique even surprised us by playing the soundtrack from the movie that brought Ian and I together and that Ian had mentioned in his vows. The entire GHI team is so thoughtful and makes you feel like VIPs for a day!

The bouquet, boutonniere and cake were simply gorgeous! I absolutely loved my bouquet and the cake was probably the best we’ve ever had. It was so special to have all these details taken care of and ready for us to enjoy so we could spend the day focusing on each other. Highly recommend the mountaintop photoshoot for truly epic shots! We also immensely enjoyed our stay in the Chestnut Hills Cottage as the honeymoon cottage add-on.

I haven’t even mentioned the photography!! Where to begin! Heather’s loving, warm personality is infectious, and she went out of her way to make us feel at ease in front of the camera and help us with natural poses, expressions, etc. The photos themselves are absolutely priceless and Ian and I will treasure them forever. We can’t thank the GHI team enough, and we'll be looking for excuses to come back soon!
  • Laura
    Laura D. Married on 06/06/2022

Simply Amazing Experience for an Elopement

My husband and I got married at the Golden Horseshoe Inn last week, and I can’t begin to describe just how wonderful of an experience it was. I feel like five stars isn't enough!

I was looking for venues in Virginia that specialize in small ceremonies and elopements, and I thankfully came across GHI on Google. From the website alone, I felt like I found something special. Heather, GHI’s owner, does a fantastic job of providing all of the information you could want on the website. I submitted an inquiry through the website and heard back from Heather that same day. In the first email I received from her, I could tell that she loves what she does, and that she tries to make the planning experience as stress-free as possible.

We had about three weeks to plan the wedding, and it could not have been any easier. You’re provided with a planning guide that helps walk you through all of the decisions you need to make (e.g., cake flavor and style, colors for your bouquet, music to walk down the aisle). You’re also given a checklist which I found really helpful as my husband I worked our way through all of the different decisions. Heather was incredibly responsive while working through the wedding plans, and I was confident that she and her team would have everything in order when we arrived for our wedding.

The wedding day was spectacular. We were given a day of timeline, and at no point did we feel like we were being rushed. When we arrived, the venue was set up and Heather took us for a tour and make sure we liked how everything was set up. She and her team really had a good sense of our taste and there was nothing we wanted changed. Alan, the GHI officiant, did a wonderful job officiating the ceremony and welcomed the tailored ceremony script I had provided. After the ceremony, Heather and her team gracefully guided us through the rest of the afternoon—the toast, the cake cutting, the first dance.

And then we had fun going around the GHI grounds on a photo shoot. Heather is also a phenomenal photographer and when you get married at GHI, I strongly recommend adding on the photo shoot up on Skyline Drive. She has great locations picked out for photographs, and there was also something magical about standing on the rocks at one of the lookouts, enjoying the beautiful scenery with my new husband. We are so happy with the photo preview Heather gave us, and can't wait to see the final set!

Also, Heather has awesome vendors that she works with. My bouquet was breathtaking, and something I could have never dreamed up. I spent the two days after my wedding talking about how much I loved it. And the cake was absolutely delicious—I can’t wait to enjoy it again next year!

All in all, the experience with GHI was everything I could want it to be: stress-free and fun. I felt like we were in good hands with Heather and her team, and that was absolutely the case the day of our wedding. If you’re looking to elope or have a small, intimate wedding, please choose GHI. You won’t be disappointed!
  • Sarah
    Sarah K. Married on 05/21/2022

Beautiful Wedding Venue

The Golden Horseshoe Inn venue made our wedding the best day of our life! I couldn't have dreamed of a better place to celebrate our special day. Heather, Monique, and all the staff went above and beyond to ensure everything was perfect. Thank you for everything! We now have many beautiful memories that we will cherish forever.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Blue Ridge Cafe & Catering Blue Ridge Cafe & Catering Wedding Caterers

We always enjoy catering at the Golden Horseshoe Inn; the venue is an adorable, charming, romantic setting right outside Shenandoah National Forest. Heather Tusing and her staff are an absolute pleasure to work with to create an individualized approach to your "special day." Their attention to detail and customer satisfaction is of utmost importance. If you're planning a smaller wedding, 70 or less, you need to book with Heather!

On Location Bridal by Judy Hayward On Location Bridal by Judy Hayward Wedding Hair & Makeup

One of my all time favorite venues. Attention to detail, personalized, artistic, soft elegance, beautiful, creative, experienced. Heather is a true gem as well.

Virginia Schweninger, Harpist Virginia Schweninger, Harpist Wedding Musicians

When I play my harp for a wedding at the Golden Horseshoe Inn, I always look forward to a relaxed and well-planned event that might have been pulled out of a movie. The beautiful mountains, the historic home, the quiet intimate setting and the friendly team of professionals all pull together to create a truly magical experience for all!

9 Golden Horseshoe Road Stanardsville, VA, 22973
434-566-2555

Open by Appointment Only for Venue Tours and Events Office Hours Tuesday - Sunday 10am - 5pm
Location of (Golden Horseshoe Inn)

Golden Horseshoe Inn frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at Golden Horseshoe Inn?

Golden Horseshoe Inn includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Bridal Suite
  • Linens
  • Parking
  • Set Up
  • Tables

At Golden Horseshoe Inn, what items and services related to wedding catering are included in the cost?

Golden Horseshoe Inn includes the following items and services in its wedding catering costs:
  • Cake Cutting
  • Server(s)
  • Wedding Cake

What are the most important characteristics of Golden Horseshoe Inn in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by Golden Horseshoe Inn for wedding events is known for:
  • Historic Building

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at Golden Horseshoe Inn for wedding events?

Golden Horseshoe Inn offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor

What kind of wedding events does Golden Horseshoe Inn offer?

Golden Horseshoe Inn offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Elopements

What services does Golden Horseshoe Inn offer for wedding events?

Golden Horseshoe Inn offers the following services for wedding events:
  • Get Ready Rooms
  • Outside Vendors
  • Set Up
  • Wifi

What percentage of users recommend Golden Horseshoe Inn and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Golden Horseshoe Inn is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding

Wedding Venues