Golden Horseshoe Inn Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Rachel
    Rachel W. Married on 06/07/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful mountain venue, breathtaking photography, simply perfect!

The Golden Horseshoe Inn is truly a piece of heaven on earth! It's hard not to start gushing about how magical our Elegance Elopement was, and how genuine, kind and attentive Heather and Monique were throughout the planning process and then on the day itself. The GHI team really is hacking the wedding industry in the most beautiful way! :)

From the moment we visited the GHI website, we fell in love -- the mountain location, the drop-dead gorgeous photography, the all-inclusive packages. Heather was incredibly attentive and communicative, answering my questions super quickly via email and just making us even more excited for the big day!

Upon arriving, we felt right at home. In our 8 years together, Ian and I never really had the chance to feel like guests of honor, and having the whole venue and day devoted to the two of us was so special. All we really gave Heather as inspiration for a theme was “hippie, rustic, boho” -- and she conveyed this PERFECTLY in the sweetheart’s table, décor at the outdoor ceremony site, everything! It was like Heather and Monique had known us for years. Monique was also our officiant, and she was super sweet and patient as she kept having to hand me tissues. :) While we enjoyed cake and champagne, Monique even surprised us by playing the soundtrack from the movie that brought Ian and I together and that Ian had mentioned in his vows. The entire GHI team is so thoughtful and makes you feel like VIPs for a day!

The bouquet, boutonniere and cake were simply gorgeous! I absolutely loved my bouquet and the cake was probably the best we’ve ever had. It was so special to have all these details taken care of and ready for us to enjoy so we could spend the day focusing on each other. Highly recommend the mountaintop photoshoot for truly epic shots! We also immensely enjoyed our stay in the Chestnut Hills Cottage as the honeymoon cottage add-on.

I haven’t even mentioned the photography!! Where to begin! Heather’s loving, warm personality is infectious, and she went out of her way to make us feel at ease in front of the camera and help us with natural poses, expressions, etc. The photos themselves are absolutely priceless and Ian and I will treasure them forever. We can’t thank the GHI team enough, and we'll be looking for excuses to come back soon!
  • Laura
    Laura D. Married on 06/06/2022

Simply Amazing Experience for an Elopement

My husband and I got married at the Golden Horseshoe Inn last week, and I can’t begin to describe just how wonderful of an experience it was. I feel like five stars isn't enough!

I was looking for venues in Virginia that specialize in small ceremonies and elopements, and I thankfully came across GHI on Google. From the website alone, I felt like I found something special. Heather, GHI’s owner, does a fantastic job of providing all of the information you could want on the website. I submitted an inquiry through the website and heard back from Heather that same day. In the first email I received from her, I could tell that she loves what she does, and that she tries to make the planning experience as stress-free as possible.

We had about three weeks to plan the wedding, and it could not have been any easier. You’re provided with a planning guide that helps walk you through all of the decisions you need to make (e.g., cake flavor and style, colors for your bouquet, music to walk down the aisle). You’re also given a checklist which I found really helpful as my husband I worked our way through all of the different decisions. Heather was incredibly responsive while working through the wedding plans, and I was confident that she and her team would have everything in order when we arrived for our wedding.

The wedding day was spectacular. We were given a day of timeline, and at no point did we feel like we were being rushed. When we arrived, the venue was set up and Heather took us for a tour and make sure we liked how everything was set up. She and her team really had a good sense of our taste and there was nothing we wanted changed. Alan, the GHI officiant, did a wonderful job officiating the ceremony and welcomed the tailored ceremony script I had provided. After the ceremony, Heather and her team gracefully guided us through the rest of the afternoon—the toast, the cake cutting, the first dance.

And then we had fun going around the GHI grounds on a photo shoot. Heather is also a phenomenal photographer and when you get married at GHI, I strongly recommend adding on the photo shoot up on Skyline Drive. She has great locations picked out for photographs, and there was also something magical about standing on the rocks at one of the lookouts, enjoying the beautiful scenery with my new husband. We are so happy with the photo preview Heather gave us, and can't wait to see the final set!

Also, Heather has awesome vendors that she works with. My bouquet was breathtaking, and something I could have never dreamed up. I spent the two days after my wedding talking about how much I loved it. And the cake was absolutely delicious—I can’t wait to enjoy it again next year!

All in all, the experience with GHI was everything I could want it to be: stress-free and fun. I felt like we were in good hands with Heather and her team, and that was absolutely the case the day of our wedding. If you’re looking to elope or have a small, intimate wedding, please choose GHI. You won’t be disappointed!
  • Sarah
    Sarah K. Married on 05/21/2022

Beautiful Wedding Venue

The Golden Horseshoe Inn venue made our wedding the best day of our life! I couldn't have dreamed of a better place to celebrate our special day. Heather, Monique, and all the staff went above and beyond to ensure everything was perfect. Thank you for everything! We now have many beautiful memories that we will cherish forever.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Madi M. Married on 04/01/2022

Perfect in Every Way

If you are looking for a stress-free, beautiful, unique, and affordable venue, look no further. Heather and Monique have thought through everything you could ever need for your wedding day. As a bride, I felt heard, cared for, and beautiful because of these two. They left me with nothing to worry about so I could enjoy the best day of our lives. They truly love what they do, and it is evident in their service to you. Heather also takes BEAUTIFUL photos. She captured every detail perfectly. We will forever recommend this venue and Heather as a photographer.
  • Destiny
    Destiny C. Married on 03/05/2022

Perfect in every way!

This is the most gorgeous spot with a fabulous team working with you the whole time! I don’t have enough words to compliment Heather and Monique. Our day was simple, stress-free, and perfect!
  • Audry
    Audry M. Married on 02/22/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Perfect day...Heather and the GHI are the BEST!

We LOVED our elopement at the GHI. Heather was an absolute gift - she made everything easy and fun, from the booking to my 8 million questions leading up to the date, all the way through our ceremony and pictures. Speaking of pictures, she's insanely talented and captured some SUPER amazing shots! Monique officiated our ceremony and was also lovely! The GHI was gorgeous, a perfect space, and the day was perfect for us. For vendors that GHI partners with - the flowers were GORGEOUS and the cake was delicious. Also...do yourself a favor and add the mountaintop photoshoot if you can ;)

10000/10 would recommend Heather and the GHI!!
  • Kitty
    Kitty G. Married on 01/29/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The most beautiful wedding and breezy planning

We only had a three-week time frame, and originally, I didn’t think it were possible to put something together, But Heather and the team couldn’t have worked harder to of made it a beautiful day with not a single detail missed.
    Everything is clearly outlined with what is and isn’t included in the wedding package, making it so easy to choose which package is right for you and any budget planning. However, they do have so many wonderful add on if there are additional details you request; like cinematography, extra cake tiers, bridesmaid bouquets and a candy buffet!– It was so lovely to have the choice of details we wished to add and tailor to us, compared to other wedding packages where you may pay for things that you may not want.
    The communication from Heather and the team is outstanding, she provides a checklist to help support what you need to bring to the wedding and what information they require from you to get the wedding vision just right ! Heather was always on hand to reply to any questions via email, you can put your whole trust in this wonderful team to truly care about your day and get things perfect for you. If you are unsure about answering certain décor or music questions – The team have so many fantastic things on site that are readily available to avoid any planning stress at all! for us we couldn’t decide on music for the day, but Heather and the team have playlists readily available, I also couldn’t lace up my dress but Monique was on hand to help– you really don’t have to worry about a thing here!
    We went for the Afternoon tea package, and it was absolutely perfect , the team were very mindful of our gluten free guest and what we could do to provide safe foods for them. The food is delicious and plenty to keep happy guests! But there is an option to bring two extra platters if you wish, but I wouldn’t say it was necessary. Also hands down the most delicious cake you will ever have. Book your wedding here at least for the cake!!
    Photography is done by Heather on site, and you will get back the loveliest photos capturing all aspects of your day, we have already framed some of them as we are just so happy with the photos received. Even at such short notice Stephen the cinematographer was available and worked throughout the day to beautifully capture all the moments of our wedding.
    We met up the day before with the team just to see everything come together and what little changes we could make, nothing was ever a problem for the team, everyone kept clear communication so we could know what was possible and what were any limitations if any.
    It is little details like having a moment to steam my veil, or helping to set up an international video call that you know the team whole heartedly care about what they do for each individual wedding.
    I couldn’t sing the praises of Golden Horseshoe Inn enough; I hope people will look to book a wedding here to have the joy and magical experience that we had on the day and when working with Heather and the team.
    Thank you so much everyone for everything, we couldn’t be more grateful or appreciative of what you put together for our wedding day, we will always look back on this day with so much fun and happiness thanks to Golden horseshoe Inn ♥
    Cailin D. Married on 12/12/2021

12.11.21 wedding

Heather, Monique, and the Golden Horseshoe staff were amazing. The details from the wedding planning session to the personalized ceremony created a perfect stress free day. Even when rain changed the ceremony location to indoors; the team worked seamlessly to move everthying inside. The photos Heather took were detailed and captured the love of the day. I cannot recommend the venue and photos enough.
  • Jarrett
    Jarrett G. Married on 12/04/2021

Perfect Cozy Winter Wedding

Our experience at Golden Horseshoe Inn was nothing short of wonderful. Everyone on the team was incredibly warm, welcoming, and very accommodating from our first time meeting with them to after the wedding. Heather and Monique were both so friendly, it felt like we had known them for years.

My wife has food allergies that can be very difficult to work around, and the team made sure to check in with us frequently during our special day, to make sure that we were doing okay and to make sure that we didn’t accidentally experience any cross contamination. The service was absolutely fantastic, and every one of our guests raved about how kind everyone that worked that night was, and how they all felt very well taken care and valued. Monique, the officiant, made us feel very at ease during our vows and later made a point of making all of our guests feel included in our special day.

Heather’s photography is amazing. The photos she caught of us felt like they truly reflected the love and happiness that was captured in that day, along with all of the little details that we worked together to create. The mountaintop photoshoot was incredibly fun and Heather did a lot to make sure we got everything we wanted and more from the visit. Her creativity, skill, and ability to make us smile throughout the shoot made the experience one of a kind.

We absolutely loved working with everyone at the Golden Horseshoe Inn, and would 100% recommend this venue to those looking for an affordable, beautiful location with warm and welcoming people.
    Destinee S. Married on 10/30/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Must have wedding planner/venue!

Heather and her team at Golden Horse Shoe Inn made our wedding day one we will NEVER forget! From the planning/communicating months before the wedding, drop off, and the day of our wedding, everything was phenomenal and ran very smoothly! Heather made our day so special and made sure the bride, groom, and families were all very well taken care of. Both bride and groom suites were stocked with wedding day emergency items that you wouldn’t even think to pack yourself, and each room was the perfect amount of space to accommodate you and your party. Their goal was to have a stress free wedding day for us and they did just that! Our wedding timeline helped us stay on track with time throughout day and helped ease our minds. Heather made sure to capture many photos and went above and beyond to find Jon and I the perfect spots in the mountain to get the perfect shots when it started to rain. Our wedding was on a Saturday and we received a great amount of sneak peak pics Tuesday evening and she did not disappoint!! They were breathtaking and made us so excited to get the rest of our pictures and video! Heather and Monique truly make a great team and will do anything to make sure your special day is everything you ever dream of! I cannot highly recommend them enough to take care of your wedding day, you will not regret it. We can not thank them enough for making our day so easy going and intimate for us
  • Gabriella
    Gabriella R. Married on 10/02/2021

The Perfect Intimate, Stress-Free Venue

The Golden Horseshoe Inn is the perfect venue for an intimate, stress-free wedding. Before we found GHI, I felt very overwhelmed at the idea of planning a wedding because I didn’t really have an idea of what my “dream” wedding looked like and I had no idea where to start. All of that stress went away as soon as I picked GHI as our venue - Heather and Monique made the process so easy! The planning document they sent us was so detailed and walked us through every step of the planning process.

On the day of the wedding, everything was setup and decorated beautifully. The whole day went so smoothly because of all of the GHI staff. So many of our guests specifically took the time to tell us how amazing Heather and Monique were during the reception.

I wholeheartedly recommend using Heather as your photographer and doing the mountaintop photoshoot. Our little adventure up the mountain after the ceremony was my favorite part of our wedding day and the photos are stunning.

Heather, Monique, and the GHI team have the perfect wedding down to a science and you won’t regret picking them for your special day!
  • Richard
    Richard M. Married on 09/04/2021

What a Magical Day

The Golden Horseshoe Inn was a recommendation from my wife's co-worker. We envisioned our wedding to be very intimate and personable, and thought the Golden Horseshoe Inn was a great fit. And wow - the end results were more than what we anticipated.

Heather, Monique, and Chrissy were awesome to work with! They were responsive, detailed oriented, and most importantly, very enthusiastic and passionate about making our day special. The venue had a homey feel to it where there is an initmate guest lounge and small bar area, dining room with curtain light drops that look gorgeous as the evening came, and two dressing rooms for the bride/groom that is stocked items for various emergencies - very thoughtful.

For our photography session, we were lucky to have a awesome weather with clear blue skies. Heather clearly took advantage of this, and her eyes during the photography session was spot on and truly captured that magical day. The end resulting photos were breathtaking. The day went flawlessly for us. Everything that Heather and Monique envisioned were fulfilled.

We highly recommend booking this venue and working with Heather/Monique.

To Heather, Monique, and Chrissy - thank you for making our day special and memorable.
    Rachel Married on 07/25/2021

Truly Amazing, Phenomenal, Unforgettable

Every single detail was absolutely perfect for our unforgettable elopement day at The Golden Horseshoe Inn. I can’t even find the words to express how phenomenally Heather and Monique did bringing everything together for us for a truly stress-free all-inclusive intimate elopement. Even though it was just the two of us, they managed to make our special day feel grand. I can’t recommend the GHI enough to anyone that is looking to get married and wanting to really cherish every moment without having to stress about any of the details; you are well taken care of here. Just the sneak peek photos that we have been able to share with friends and family so far had brought them to tears. They get to see the beautifully curated day we had, just in picture form. Heather’s photography really is amazing; it brings one to feel all the emotion from the day in a magical way, and that priceless gift we will be able to enjoy for all the years to come! :) I could keep raving, and I will, to everyone I know. Thank you Heather, Monique, and the Golden Horseshoe Inn!!! ❤️❤️
    Hanna L. Married on 05/15/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wow this place was amazing

If you are the kind of bride that would rather just show up to your wedding and enjoy it, this is the venue for you. If you don’t want to sweat the small stuff or have 15 different vendors to coordinate, this is the venue for you. If you want to be treated like a princess and have a photographer so intimately familiar with the venue who knows every angle, this is the venue for you. The Golden Horseshoe Inn is gorgeous, the staff is so friendly and accommodating, and I haven’t even started on Heather. Heather is the owner, photographer, coordinator, and master of all trades. She keeps her calm, is your personal hype-woman, and is truly incredible. Our officiant was funny, the clean up crew was efficient and organized, and the whole day moved along effortlessly (at least on my part). We had Covid, cicadas, a gas-crisis, and absent family members to contend with but with Heather’s unbelievable skills and planning, made the day absolutely perfect! I wish we could get married there again!
  • Katie
    Katie S. Married on 05/14/2021

Perfect in every way

If you’re a laid-back person like me and my husband and the thought of planning and coordinating a wedding sounds absolutely dreadful, but you still want a gorgeous and fun wedding, this is the perfect place for you! Heather and Monique are a dream to work with and made our wedding even better than we ever expected. They are both really great people who are extremely friendly and kind, but they absolutely WILL kick some butt on your behalf if they need to.
    When my hair and makeup artist (not someone recommended by or affiliated with GHSI) didn’t show up, Heather and Monique called her relentlessly to try to figure out what was going on and when it was clear she was just not going to come and was not sending a replacement they tried to find me someone available in the area. Unfortunately, that didn’t work out but never fear; Heather and Monique are prepared for anything and had hair supplies available in the dressing room cabinet!
    Heather is an amazing photographer who was able to hype me up enough to make me feel beautiful even without getting my hair and makeup done professionally.
    Our ceremony was perfect, the decor was amazing, the cake was excellent too, and the visit to skyline drive is 100% way more than worth it.
    If I had to do my wedding over again, I would pick Golden Horseshoe Inn without a doubt.

In summary:
    Who should choose Golden Horseshoe Inn? A couple that is laid back and fun who has an idea of what they want but doesn’t want to have to coordinate a whole wedding, is willing to stand back and trust Heather and Monique to take care of the details for them, and is okay with just showing up and enjoying the beautiful day they will have planned for you.

Who should NOT choose Golden Horseshoe Inn? A couple that wants to be involved in every aspect of planning their wedding, has very specific ideas on how they want things to go, and will not be happy if things are not just the way they’d imagined it.

- Katie and Justin, May 14th 2021 wedding
  • Tylir
    Tylir R. Married on 04/18/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A day we will relive forever!

Where to begin!? We got engaged fall 2020 in the middle of uncertainty with COVID and had already decided on an elopement to include just our immediate family. Having worked in the wedding industry myself, I knew I wanted as little stress as possible when it came down to the planning and the actual day of. What stood out to me the most about GHI was the family feel and Heather's beautiful photography.

From our first inquiry to even after the event, Heather and her team provided amazing service and went above and beyond to make sure every detail was delivered. The planning could not have gone smoother...we even did everything via email! It was truly amazing to show up the day of our wedding, never having toured, and everything being EXACTLY as we envisioned. Down to the colors, the decor, the music playing, everything felt made for us.

As two very camera shy people, Heather and Stephen made us feel at ease. It takes a special person to make people look pretty when they are crying, she is just that talented! The photos and video of our special day will be memories that our families cherish for generations.

Not only did we feel catered to as the bride and groom, our families still rave about the venue and the GHI team. They felt welcomed, taken care of (without me even having to lift a finger!) and most importantly they had fun. The team even welcomed some very special visitors for our send off, which I will forever be grateful for!

If we could get married again, I would chose The Golden Horseshoe all over again. We can not recommend this wedding venue enough.

After you get married - be sure to stop by Blueridge Pottery next door for some keepsakes to remember your Virginia wedding.
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 04/09/2021

Best day ever!!!

From the first moment we arrived at the Golden Horseshoe Inn and met Heather we fell in love. We knew that we did not have to look any further, for this was the place we were going to get married. Heather has one of the most wonderful personalities. She is upbeat, sweet, funny, and it is obvious she loves what she does. The venue is beautiful and was the perfect size for our smaller guest count. We had a great time at our pre-wedding session, picking out décor and discussing themes and colors. That session is when we met Monique, who is beyond fantastic. Heather and Monique are the perfect duo. They responded promptly to the countless emails we sent involving logistics and multiple questions. They far exceeded all of our expectations. When we arrived, the morning of our wedding, we were blown away by how marvelous the venue was decorated. It fit our ideas and personalities to a tee. The bridal bouquet was more beautiful than I ever could have imagined. Heather is an amazing photographer and we highly recommend doing the mountain top photoshoot. Not only are the pictures breathtaking, it was a great time to step away and enjoy each other. During the staged photo shoots, Heather made us all feel like we were the most photogenic people. She was able to capture all those small, special moments that we will treasure for a lifetime. Monique is a rock star. If there were any glitches during the day, Monique handled them, and we were none the wiser. Heather and Monique were a special part of our day and it would not have been the same without them. During the reception, Monique took it upon herself to play a song that was mentioned in the Maid of Honor’s speech. As a result, created one of the funniest and most memorable moments of our day and Heather was right there to capture it, in all its glory. We could not thank Heather, Monique, Alan, and everyone at GHI for making our wedding day unforgettable. So, if you are looking for a wedding venue that is beautiful, inclusive, stress free, and run by the most wonderful and brilliant group of people, then look no further for The Golden Horseshoe Inn is all that and so much more.
  • Colleen
    Colleen N. Married on 01/23/2021

The Most Amazing, Stress-Free Wedding Venue

Heather, Monique and the rest of her team are absolutely amazing and I cannot thank them enough for everything they did to make our wedding day so special. When COVID threw a wrench into our original wedding plans, my now-husband and I reached out to GHI about their elopement options. We were on the phone with them for all of five minutes when we realized they were the perfect solution for us. We gave them one inspiration picture and a brief description of what we envisioned, and they ran with it from there! The end result was a personalized, special, intimate, perfect wedding day. In addition to being an amazing wedding planner, Heather's photography skills are second to none. I am so thankful that we have these photos to share with our family and friends and to cherish for years to come. If you are a COVID bride who is tired of having to plan and re-plan your wedding or are a bride who is considering a smaller wedding or elopement, I would HIGHLY recommend GHI.
    Trisha Married on 01/02/2021

A true gem!

I am emotional writing this review. We always wanted a large wedding but we decided because of the pandemic to downsize our wedding plans to 26 people. On Dec 13th the Governor decreased the restrictions to 10 people per gathering. As we both work in healthcare we totally understood this was necessary but what would that mean for our wedding only 3 weeks away? I reached out to Golden Horseshoe Inn desperately searching for a place to get married and to my surprise our date was available. We booked immediately! Heather was responsive to email and met all of my complicated request. After we booked I had the pleasure of browsing her blog post and videos. I felt like the weight of the world had been lifted. I am so thankful I stumbled across this gem and my only regret is we should have found it sooner.

As a native Virginians we have spent many years in the Shenandoah so this was a sweet surprise to see they offered mountain top photos. The flexibility of the packages provides something for everyone. Whether you are running away to the mountains to elope like I did or having a large wedding they can do it all. I promise you will not find prices as low as this anywhere in Virginia or North Carolina for this quality. I would have willingly paid double the price for the quality they provide.

The cake was the highest quality of wedding cake I've had. The organization of the whole day made me confident that I could just relax. Both the photographer and the videographer were extremely easy to work with. I felt like I have known them for many years and they knew my style and vision after a few conversations.

The photos and video are breathtaking. We even plan on showing the video at our reception for all those who could not join our zoom wedding.

I have been telling all my friends who are brides about GHI. I truly believe they are heaven sent. Heather is my guardian angel and saved my wedding day. I am forever thankful. I can't wait to come back in a few years for our vow renewal ceremony.
  • Emily
    Emily S. Married on 11/07/2020

Best.Day.Ever.

I can not say enough good things about The Golden Horseshoe Inn and my wedding day experience. From the first time I set eyes on this venue and toured the site, to the planning process and the big day, it was a smooth, fun, exciting and perfect experience. Heather, Monique and their team do a magnificent job at making you feel comfortable, keeping things going smoothly and making your dreams and visions come to life. They listen and respond in such a way that you know they love what they do and care about each and every couple that comes through their doors. I loved not having to worry about the cake, the flowers, finding an officiant, setting up and cleaning up. The bridal and groom suites are super cute. And the timeline/checklist they put together for us was exactly what I needed to stay organized. Heather was also our photographer and her husband, Stephen, was our cinematographer. The entire day they made every effort to capture all the special moments and truly made me feel like a star. My husband and I had the BEST experience. Whether you are looking for a small intimate wedding with close friends and family (what we had), or an elopement with just you and your significant other, they will surely WOW you. They made our wedding day so special and kept everything on schedule. Our wedding day sneak peak is absolutely amazing and I can’t wait to see the rest of the pictures and the video when they are ready. I just know they will be priceless. I highly recommend the GHI and would give them 100 stars ⭐️ if I could.
    Kimberly B. Married on 10/10/2020

Beautiful Fall Wedding

We couldn't have asked for a better day for our October wedding. We were so pleased and so happy with the entire process from start to finish working with the Golden Horseshoe Inn. Heather, Monique and the entire staff exceeded our expectations on the day of our wedding and we felt so calm and comfortable. Our guests continue to talk about the wedding venue and how beautiful and organized the entire ceremony & reception flowed. Heather beautifully captured our entire day from start to finish and we will cherish those photos forever (definitely worth getting the photo package). We left a little piece of our hearts at the GHI and hope that many other couples get to experience exactly what we did. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! You made our day extra special and memorable!!
    Kaitlin E. Married on 10/03/2020

Best. Day. EVER!

My husband and I decided to book our elopement trip at Golden Horseshoe Inn because of the craziness of COVID-19. We are SO glad we did! Leading up to our big day, Heather was always extremely responsive to emails and keeping you on track on what details she needed for “our” big day. The day of our wedding, Heather was beyond accommodating and made sure we felt completely at ease. Heather and her team (our officiant was Monique) did EVERYTHING for us! Before the ceremony as we were getting ready, they brought cheese and cracker trays, talked through all the special items we brought, so they could ensure we used all the props and included everything we wanted done in photos. Monique was AMAZING during our ceremony, even pulling out tissues for us as needed. After the ceremony, we continued taking photos and both Heather and Monique were game for trying new types of photos (i.e. smoke bomb photos, champagne shower photos, etc.). During our photos, Heather gave us task directions as to how she wanted us to pose, which allowed us to relax and not overthink what we were doing. These ladies truly made our wedding day effortless for us!
  • Julleny
    Julleny J. Married on 10/03/2020

Just Perfect

Just got married on 26th of September. Heather and Monique did such a great job of bringing our rustic wedding ideas to life. They were always in communication about prices, decorations, styles that we wanted. On the day of the wedding they went above and beyond to make sure things went smoothly. We had a great time and we felt comfortable that no one had to stress. Will highly recommend for elopement, boutique weddings,even pregnancy photos. We love you Heather and Monique.
    Mr.& Mrs. Wain
  • Marlene
    Marlene Married on 07/17/2020

A Perfect Afternoon

The Golden Horseshoe Inn made having a beautiful, memorable wedding as simple and wonderful as it could have possibly been. Heather was absolutely incredible-- simply by showing Heather a few images she constructed the perfect theme for our wedding, including a beautiful cake and a gorgeous bouquet of flowers. She has an incredible eye for detail, and it helped in the dozens of amazing photos she took to commemorate our wedding. The incredible thing about having a wedding like this was that it was perfectly catered to us, and they were kind enough to move at our pace and slow down for us when we needed a break from the sun and even just to have a quiet moment together. In fact, Heather, Monique and Stephen may possibly be the three nicest people in the state of Virginia. I’m sure a small intimate wedding isn’t for everybody, but for us, the afternoon we spent at the Golden Horseshoe Inn was perfect.
  • Lisa
    Lisa Z. Married on 06/26/2020

Pure Perfection!

Where to begin! From the moment we booked our vow renewal with Heather at Golden Horseshoe Inn we knew we were in good hands!! Heather promptly responded to all email inquiries, no matter how far away our day was or if I told her my inquiry was not urgent.

When we arrived at GHI on the day of our event, everything was PERFECT. Heather has a true gift for understanding the feel of the wedding and what it is the bride & groom are looking for on their wedding day!!! She ensured we had everything we needed...and her bubbling enthusiasm made us even more excited to be there and to share our day with the GHI family!

Monique's support in helping the bride get dressed, queuing up the music, and simply her beautiful, loving, kind, compassionate presence meant the world to us! She was even gracious enough to provide us with restaurant suggestions during our stay in Standardsville!

The officiant, Alan, could not be more perfect. He has such a kind, loving, joyful aura about him...where you know he is full of nothing but pure love! His eyes sparkle with excitement as he officiates your ceremony...and you feel as if you've known him for years!

Heather radiates joy, love, happiness, beauty, excitement...and all the good in this world! She is an accomplished and highly gifted photographer! The photographs we received from our vow renewal are far superior than the ones that were taken on our actual wedding day...by a photography company! Heather knows exactly how to help direct your pose and has a gifted eye for the perfect shot(s)!

Our FAVORITE part of all of this is how we were fully accepted into the GHI family upon arrival by Heather, Monique and Alan. You cannot find a better group of such loving, caring, compassionate, joyful individuals. The three of them made us feel special and loved...and we have accepted each of them as chosen members of our family. We cannot wait to go back to say hi!!
    If you are thinking about booking your wedding or vow renewal at Golden Horseshoe Inn stop thinking about it and DO IT! You will NOT be disappointed!!!

To Heather, Monique & Alan: Thank you for ALL you did for us...and for everything you do for future couples. You all are AMAZING! (And you're a BIG deal!!) With Love in ALL Ways, Lisa & Brian Zimmerman.
illustration stars