Golden Horseshoe Inn Reviews

Golden Horseshoe Inn 6
Golden Horseshoe Inn 7
  • Meghan

Meghan · Getting married on 10/19/2019

They brought our wedding dreams to life!

Our wedding was absolutely wonderful! Heather was helpful from the very first day I reached out when we began planning our elopement. We are from Virginia but live in Indiana and even though we didn’t meet Heather or see the venue until the day of our wedding, it was everything we could’ve hoped for. We were able to enjoy every moment of our day because everything was ready for us. There was no stress because I knew I could count on Heather. My husband and I adore our wedding photos by Heather and wedding video done by her husband Stephen. We are so thankful to have them to be able to look back on our special day for years to come. We are so happy we got married at the Golden Horseshoe Inn and we wouldn’t have had it any other way!

Sent on 05/06/2019
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 8
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 9
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 10
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 11
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 12

Golden Horseshoe Inn's reply:

Thank you Meghan! We had the absolute most wonderful day with you both! You are an amazing couple and we wish you both all the best!

Amanda · Married on 08/10/2019

Best venue ever!

I can't say enough about the Golden Horseshoe Inn. It is the complete package. The venue is gorgeous and Heather made the wedding planning stress free and flow so smoothly. When we were looking for a wedding venue we found that other places were more expensive and offered fewer services than the Golden Horseshoe (photography, ordering cake, officiant, decor, setting up, cleaning up, music, I could go on and on). Heather and the staff take care of everything for you to make your special day as stress free as possible. They are also so so amazing and friendly with everyone especially the little ones and making sure everyone has everything they need. Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Craig Babcock · Married on 08/04/2019

Everything we could have asked for, and more!

We will never be able to thank Heather and her staff enough for giving us the wedding of our dreams. From the very beginning, we could tell we had made the right choice, and Heather’s warmth and excitement were present throughout every step of the process. As soon as we booked the venue, we were able to share ideas, and communicate regularly, always receiving prompt responses. Every detail was addressed, and Heather gave us the flexibility to be as involved as we wanted to be. She also made several excellent recommendations for bakeries, hair/makeup, and possible wedding favors to include in our day. The day of the wedding ran smoothly, and we were able to have fun and enjoy the experience – knowing that the GHI team had everything under control. From the smallest of details to the beautiful and laid-back photo shoot, Heather knew exactly what to do – or what question to ask – to make sure we got the experience we wanted. We are so thankful for her, and all the staff at GHI - Alan, Monique, and Atlanta - who helped make our wedding day exactly what we were looking for. Because of them, we were able to relax and be present in the moment with our family. When we look back on our wedding day, we know we will always be happy that we chose GHI. No one else could have given us such a perfect day.

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer L · Married on 06/23/2019

Absolutely amazing!!

Heather and the staff at GHI are the absolute best wedding preparation team you could ever ask for. Everything from start to finish was seamless. Heather is very prompt and responsive when getting back to emails and our wedding day went off without a hitch. I absolutely loved that I could be as involved as the planning as I wanted to be, or when life was pulling me in other directions there was never any doubt that Heather and her team had it all covered. I could not have asked for a better crew of folks to make our family feel so welcome that day. My parents were blown away by the hospitality and how everything came together. I can't recommend this venue enough!!

Sent on 07/03/2019
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 17
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 18

Katie · Married on 06/22/2019

A hidden gem!

There are millions of great things I could say about Heather, Alan, Monique, and the GHI Family! To start, I will say that it was very refreshing to work with a group of people who are truly genuine and a joy to be around. There wasn't a moment from the first tour, to the planning appointment, to the wedding, that we weren't smiling and actually having FUN in this whole process. The wedding industry can be very daunting, but GHI melts all of your stress and worries away throughout everything. When we went in for our planning appointment, it even further solidified our confidence in the GHI family to make our day absolutely perfect. They give you everything you could need to create the perfect wedding for you, and will help you make sure nothing is missed! If you have a creative spirit, Heather and Monique are excellent at playing off of your vision to help bring it to life. And while you are waiting for your big day, they are always a phone call or email away! On the day of the wedding, I could really feel the magic in the air the moment I stepped foot into the venue. Everything was set up so beautifully, and the team brought us so much cheer and energy that I thought I would burst from excitement. The entire day went by so smoothly and there was NOTHING that went wrong, or was out of place. Monique made sure everything happened as scheduled, and was there to support us and the wedding party the entire day. She is so easy to get along with and will make your day so fun! We didn't meet Alan until the ceremony, but he has such a calming presence that made all of the nerves from the day disappear. Our ceremony was beautiful and really captured our love for eachother. Heather is an AMAZING photographer and you can tell all of the love and passion she puts into not only her photography, but her phenomenal business. Our photo preview came in 3 days after our wedding, and we were blown away by what Heather had captured for us. I could never put into words how thankful I am for her and all that she has done for us! If you are looking for all of the above things (and more) and would like to have an intimate, unique, and stress-free wedding, then this is your place! There isn't much that they don't have covered, and they will surprise you with all they can do. They are truly a hidden gem in Virginia!

Sent on 07/02/2019
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 23
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 24
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 25

Margaret G · Married on 06/08/2019

Absolutely Magical Wedding Experience!

I know Heather, Monique, Alan, and the rest of their amazing staff do weddings multiple times a week, but they also somehow managed to make ours feel like it was the most amazing and important event in the world. The planning process was seamless - we had two in-person meetings and everything else was taken care of via e-mail. Heather has planning down to a science in the best way - so many checklists with things we never would have even thought about needing! Also all of the fun parts were still left for us to decide (colors, decor, etc.), while they already took care of the less-fun things (dirty dishes, having enough chairs, etc.). As someone who is a worrier and can easily get overwhelmed, I found Heather's personality absolutely perfect for mitigating my fears and keeping me so positive, from planning meetings through day-of photographs. I always left every encounter with her feeling SO excited about the wedding. The day of, everything was seamless (or if there were issues, they were taken care of before I had a chance to know!). I can't thank the staff enough, or recommend their (very reasonably-priced) packages enough!!!

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 05/25/2019

Dream Come True

This was perfect for my small intimate wedding ceremony! Heather and her team really made sure my day was perfect. As soon as I arrived, I was in tears when I saw how beautiful everything was on my wedding day! Heather was warm and friendly from our first meeting, throughout the entire planning process, and on my special day, which she photographed all the special moments for me! She did an excellent job planning, helping add special touches, decorating, and taking away so much of the stress that comes along with the wedding planning process. The venue is beautiful and is situated near the entrance of Skyline Drive. The officiant Allan delivered a beautiful service for us and was a delight to work with. Heather’s staff was also amazing, especially Monique who I could also marry! She made my day especially stress free, fun, and full of laughs! I highly recommend choosing GHI for your wedding!

Sent on 05/26/2019
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 31
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 32
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 33

Michelle Flickinger · Married on 05/24/2019

Stress free & beautiful wedding!

I absolutely loved our experience with Golden Horseshoe Inn. Heather was super accommodating and made the whole experience of wedding planning as stress free and easy as possible. My husband and I didn’t have a lot of time to plan, but the wedding / ceremony was perfect—we truly couldn’t have asked for a better experience. We received some of the sneak peek for our pictures and they were so beautiful! I would absolutely recommend this venue for anyone who is planning a more intimate (70 or less) wedding for a beautiful venue and amazing day.

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Antonio

Antonio Tross Fannin · Married on 04/05/2019

Absolutely Phenomenal

I can honestly say that I had one of the best wedding experiences because of this place. I could say so many wonderful things about the staff and the venue. They really did make my dreams come true and I am so grateful. From the bottom of my heart, I give them all the thanks.

Sent on 05/07/2019

Golden Horseshoe Inn's reply:

We had the best. day. ever. with you both! Thank you for trusting us with your wedding day! We miss you both already :-)
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 11/10/2018

Beautiful November Wedding

We got married November 10th 2018.
    Heather is very responsive to emails which I loved so much! And the wedding planning was so easy- I wasn’t stressed out about anything! I can’t express enough how awesome Heather and her team are. They made everything super pretty, and super easy! All we had to do was show up. I’m so grateful for them!! Our day was amazing, everyone can’t stop talking about our wedding how pretty it was and how amazing the team was. They made my day the best.

If you want a small amazing wedding this is the venue to book!

Also Heather does amazing work with her photography, she makes sure she gets the best light and the best poses. I appreciate her so much. Also they do video now- which we got I’m so excited to see how it turned out :)

Sent on 12/02/2018

Barbara Bennion · Married on 10/28/2018

Beautiful. Simple. Perfect.

We were originally planning to go to the courthouse to get married (just the two of us), but when our parents, who live several states away, insisted on coming out, plans changed. We sort of stumbled across the Golden Horseshoe Inn, and I could not be happier that we did. From the initial phone call, Heather was so professional and friendly. We knew almost the moment we arrived that we would have our wedding there. Planning our (very small) elopement/wedding was seamless and stress-free. After 3 emails, we arrived the day-of and found everything absolutely perfect and beautiful- decorations, flowers, cake- all of it. And at incredibly affordable prices! I could not possibly imagine a better place for a small, mountain wedding.

Sent on 11/02/2018

Emily · Married on 10/12/2018

Best venue ever

Golden Horseshoe Inn turned my dream into reality. This venue did EVERYTHING for us! Our cake, our tables, all our decor AND even had a candy bar attached to our package for our wedding favors! They also walked us through all things wedding related! Hands down the greatest venue. My husband and I can not express enough to use this venue as your venue! Heather, Brittany, and Monique made our wedding INCREDIBLE and are the wedding planners included with the venue!

Sent on 10/25/2018
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 44
  • Courtney

Courtney Lukowicz · Married on 09/15/2018

Exceptional experience!

Our experience with the Golden Horseshoe Inn was more than we could have ever dreamed of! Heather was so throughtful and accommodating throughout the entire process. Her goal was to make this day perfect for us and she and her entire staff succeeded! We were able to soak in the day and enjoy every aspect of the wedding thanks to Heather’s planning! We were so thankful to come across a venue that has such a beautiful boutique feel. The guest are still raving about the venue and the service they received!
    They also offer videography that is phenomenal! They captured raw feelings that will be cherished for a life time.
    I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 11/02/2018
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 52
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 53
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 54

Brittney · Married on 08/18/2018

Golden Horseshoe Inn was amazing from start to finish! My brother was the groom and as his best lady I was filled in on all the info and communication that happened from my new sister in law :) She was so happy with how things turned out! The staff is excellent! Polite, helpful, and so on top of everything. One staff member, Brittany Ann, turned out to be my name twin so I insisted on a selfie ;) The setting is intimate without being crowded and the scenery is really cute! They married outside on the deck that overlooks a small pond. My daughter and niece, both were flower girls, plus the ring bearer enjoyed playing in the little garden. The photographer there also made sure to take tons of photos, which is always a good thing as far as weddings go...you definitely want those memories later on! Thank you again to everyone involved in helping, it was a lovely day!!

-Brittney

Sent on 08/19/2018
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 55
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 56
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 57

Kaki · Married on 08/18/2018

I cannot begin the thank Heather and Brittany enough for making our daughter's wedding day a dream come true! From the time we walked into the door ( and realized we knew each other) to the time we walked out the door after the wedding everything was done to perfection. You made us feel like we were the most important people to walk through the door.
    If you are looking for an intimate all inclusive venue with attention to detail then the Golden Horseshoe Inn is the place for you. Everything from the atmosphere to the drinks, food, decor, and photography is top notch.
    Thanks!
    Tim & Kaki

Sent on 08/21/2018

Patricia · Married on 08/11/2018

I highly recommend the Golden Horseshoe Inn! Heather and her team made the planning process so easy and they were always quick to answer any questions. When the day came, it went even better than I could have imagined!

If you're looking for a simple but personal ceremony, I highly recommend going with the Elopement package with the Golden Horseshoe Inn. I had some trouble finding an elopement option with other venues because most focus on big weddings. This package was just the right fit for us, because we were able to eliminate the stress of making a lot of decisions but we were still able to customize where it mattered (for us that meant putting together the ceremony text and having handmade flowers). The other big thing for me was pictures, my husband and I have barely any from our original wedding so I wanted to make sure we had plenty this time around. Heather took lots of fantastic pictures and had our preview up less than 48 hours later. I'm in love what I've seen so far and I can't wait to see the rest!

Thanks to Heather and her team for doing such a fantastic job! This day was years in the making and it was totally worth the wait!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Katie · Married on 07/21/2018

Heather is absolutely amazing! We loved the venue and she made the photos fun! She also may have boosted both mine and my husbands ego a bit with how sweet she is :D thank you so much Heather!

Sent on 07/25/2018

CARA · Married on 07/13/2018

Golden Horseshoe Inn is a beautiful place for a wedding! First, the place and area is absolutely beautiful. Heather and everyone else at Golden Horseshoe is amazing!!! I wanted a wedding where I did not have to worry about anything and that is exactly what I got. They exceeded our expectations. We chose the elopement package and it was very special. Everything from the cake (which was delicious), the flowers, the decorating, and, most importantly, the service was absolutely perfect! The photos that Heather took are stunning! I have received so many compliments on them. I can't say enough good things. I very highly recommend!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Elena · Married on 07/07/2018

Having our wedding here was the best decision ever. Brittany and Heather could not have been more helpful and accommodating. I feel so lucky to have found them. We have not stopped hearing from our friends and family how wonderful everything was - two months later. We are still on a cloud.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Colleen · Married on 06/10/2018

My husband and I are very pleased with our experience with the Golden Horseshoe Inn. Heather and her team were excellent! If you are looking for a simple yet elegant elopement at a very reasonable cost, I definitely recommend GHI.
    Definitely worth every penny and made our wedding stress free and memorable!! We couldn't be happier!!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Sereta · Married on 06/09/2018

I don't know where to begin when it comes to expressing the quality of service I received from The Golden Horseshoe Inn. From the first phone call I placed I had nothing but helpful, warm, happy, excited, and informative attitude. Heather and her crew are simply the best. My wedding was a dream come true and I truly felt like a princess. If I had to do it all over again I would constantly hit repeat. I will cherish that day forever!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Cole · Married on 05/25/2018

We wanted to marry privately at our home. Heather, Alan, and Brittany made that happen in the most relaxed way.
    Heather was a pleasure to communicate with about logistics and scheduling, and provided us with creative options for our ceremony. We're grateful for her enthusiasm, guidance and making the process an easy one.
    Alan and Brittany arrived at our home and we spent time getting to know each other a bit. That extra time was wonderful. We connected quickly and easily, and moved into the ceremony feeling relaxed. Alan listened to us, our history, our wishes, and even though we had just met the connection felt warm and genuine. He even ad-libbed during our ceremony, recognizing the "time-warp" of high school sweethearts marrying later in life!
    Brittany was delightful and enthusiastic! Similar to Alan, connecting with Brittany was quick and easy, and made for a relaxed ceremony and a fun photo shoot.
    Thank you, thank you for making our wedding a private, personal celebration!

Sent on 07/08/2018
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 58
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 59

Jocelyn · Married on 05/20/2018

A Beautiful Elopement w/2 Brides!

This review is very late, but I would like to thank Heather, Brittany and Alan for an amazing day! We got the elegance elopement package, and having the entire inn to ourselves for the day with no rushing around or worrying about holding other people up was amazing. Our flowers were gorgeous, the cake was some of the best we ever had, the ceremony was lovely and our photos came out absolutely beautifully! Not to mention our decorations were stunning! We will never forget this day. Our stay in the cabin was wonderful as well, and the area surrounding it is beautiful. We felt so at home and completely welcome at the inn and smiled and laughed the whole time. We can't recommend this venue enough--they include everything you could dream of, decorate to your tastes and are incredibly kind and easy to work with. Thank you so much for giving us a beautiful day!

Jocelyn + Lanna

Sent on 10/19/2018

Stefanie · Married on 05/05/2018

We knew during the planning phase that Golden Horseshoe Inn was the perfect venue for us! The location and house are gorgeous, and Heather and Brittany were beyond helpful and responsive! But that was just the beginning. The actual day of the wedding exceeded our expectations. The setup was stunning, Brittany and Monique were as helpful and delightful as could possibly be, and Heather, well her photos speak for themselves! Our guests received the best treatment in a relaxed, fun and joyous environment. The day want exactly as planned. It was truly the best day of my life, and the best wedding I've ever been to.

Sent on 05/09/2018
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 60
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 61
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 62

Rebecca · Married on 03/24/2018

March Wedding 2018 ~ Simply Amazing

I can't honestly put into words how amazing this place is. We had to basically plan from Florida and Heather was immediate with her responses and just put me at ease with everything.
    We did meet with her a month before the wedding and I was amazed at how from that meeting to our wedding day I was extremely calm. Heather has this way of just making you feel like everything works out (and it did). A bride will never be stressed about anything having this team.

We had Alan conduct the ceremony and literally the whole day was just phenomenal! It was elegant but cozy with 50 people and everything just went seamlessly well. We did not even need to do a rehearsal because they had everything covered.

Heather has spectacular sense of detail and even had anything you might have forgotten up in the dressing areas!

Also do not skip out on doing the mountain top pictures and using Heather she got some amazing shots of us ! My husband told me after that he was so glad that I decided to add this on.

I have to share a moment we will never forget and that is during one of the mountain top pictures Heather had us just bursting out laughing and smiling by telling us to whisper cereal names seductively in each other's ears...and to this day sometimes when we are taking photos my husband still does this! We have such great memories of this day and it is thanks to these 2 amazing ladies ( Brittany and Heather!) and their team that made it happen!

Sent on 12/12/2018