Golden Horseshoe Inn Reviews

Golden Horseshoe Inn 7
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 11/10/2018

Beautiful November Wedding

We got married November 10th 2018.
    Heather is very responsive to emails which I loved so much! And the wedding planning was so easy- I wasn’t stressed out about anything! I can’t express enough how awesome Heather and her team are. They made everything super pretty, and super easy! All we had to do was show up. I’m so grateful for them!! Our day was amazing, everyone can’t stop talking about our wedding how pretty it was and how amazing the team was. They made my day the best.

If you want a small amazing wedding this is the venue to book!

Also Heather does amazing work with her photography, she makes sure she gets the best light and the best poses. I appreciate her so much. Also they do video now- which we got I’m so excited to see how it turned out :)

Barbara Bennion · Married on 10/28/2018

Beautiful. Simple. Perfect.

We were originally planning to go to the courthouse to get married (just the two of us), but when our parents, who live several states away, insisted on coming out, plans changed. We sort of stumbled across the Golden Horseshoe Inn, and I could not be happier that we did. From the initial phone call, Heather was so professional and friendly. We knew almost the moment we arrived that we would have our wedding there. Planning our (very small) elopement/wedding was seamless and stress-free. After 3 emails, we arrived the day-of and found everything absolutely perfect and beautiful- decorations, flowers, cake- all of it. And at incredibly affordable prices! I could not possibly imagine a better place for a small, mountain wedding.

Emily · Married on 10/12/2018

Best venue ever

Golden Horseshoe Inn turned my dream into reality. This venue did EVERYTHING for us! Our cake, our tables, all our decor AND even had a candy bar attached to our package for our wedding favors! They also walked us through all things wedding related! Hands down the greatest venue. My husband and I can not express enough to use this venue as your venue! Heather, Brittany, and Monique made our wedding INCREDIBLE and are the wedding planners included with the venue!

Golden Horseshoe Inn 8
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 18
  • Courtney

Courtney Lukowicz · Married on 09/15/2018

Exceptional experience!

Our experience with the Golden Horseshoe Inn was more than we could have ever dreamed of! Heather was so throughtful and accommodating throughout the entire process. Her goal was to make this day perfect for us and she and her entire staff succeeded! We were able to soak in the day and enjoy every aspect of the wedding thanks to Heather’s planning! We were so thankful to come across a venue that has such a beautiful boutique feel. The guest are still raving about the venue and the service they received!
    They also offer videography that is phenomenal! They captured raw feelings that will be cherished for a life time.
    I highly recommend this venue!

Golden Horseshoe Inn 19
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 26
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 27
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 28

Brittney · Married on 08/18/2018

Golden Horseshoe Inn was amazing from start to finish! My brother was the groom and as his best lady I was filled in on all the info and communication that happened from my new sister in law :) She was so happy with how things turned out! The staff is excellent! Polite, helpful, and so on top of everything. One staff member, Brittany Ann, turned out to be my name twin so I insisted on a selfie ;) The setting is intimate without being crowded and the scenery is really cute! They married outside on the deck that overlooks a small pond. My daughter and niece, both were flower girls, plus the ring bearer enjoyed playing in the little garden. The photographer there also made sure to take tons of photos, which is always a good thing as far as weddings go...you definitely want those memories later on! Thank you again to everyone involved in helping, it was a lovely day!!

-Brittney

Golden Horseshoe Inn 29
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 30
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 31

Kaki · Married on 08/18/2018

I cannot begin the thank Heather and Brittany enough for making our daughter's wedding day a dream come true! From the time we walked into the door ( and realized we knew each other) to the time we walked out the door after the wedding everything was done to perfection. You made us feel like we were the most important people to walk through the door.
    If you are looking for an intimate all inclusive venue with attention to detail then the Golden Horseshoe Inn is the place for you. Everything from the atmosphere to the drinks, food, decor, and photography is top notch.
    Thanks!
    Tim & Kaki

Patricia · Married on 08/11/2018

I highly recommend the Golden Horseshoe Inn! Heather and her team made the planning process so easy and they were always quick to answer any questions. When the day came, it went even better than I could have imagined!

If you're looking for a simple but personal ceremony, I highly recommend going with the Elopement package with the Golden Horseshoe Inn. I had some trouble finding an elopement option with other venues because most focus on big weddings. This package was just the right fit for us, because we were able to eliminate the stress of making a lot of decisions but we were still able to customize where it mattered (for us that meant putting together the ceremony text and having handmade flowers). The other big thing for me was pictures, my husband and I have barely any from our original wedding so I wanted to make sure we had plenty this time around. Heather took lots of fantastic pictures and had our preview up less than 48 hours later. I'm in love what I've seen so far and I can't wait to see the rest!

Thanks to Heather and her team for doing such a fantastic job! This day was years in the making and it was totally worth the wait!

Katie · Married on 07/21/2018

Heather is absolutely amazing! We loved the venue and she made the photos fun! She also may have boosted both mine and my husbands ego a bit with how sweet she is :D thank you so much Heather!

CARA · Married on 07/13/2018

Golden Horseshoe Inn is a beautiful place for a wedding! First, the place and area is absolutely beautiful. Heather and everyone else at Golden Horseshoe is amazing!!! I wanted a wedding where I did not have to worry about anything and that is exactly what I got. They exceeded our expectations. We chose the elopement package and it was very special. Everything from the cake (which was delicious), the flowers, the decorating, and, most importantly, the service was absolutely perfect! The photos that Heather took are stunning! I have received so many compliments on them. I can't say enough good things. I very highly recommend!

Elena · Married on 07/07/2018

Having our wedding here was the best decision ever. Brittany and Heather could not have been more helpful and accommodating. I feel so lucky to have found them. We have not stopped hearing from our friends and family how wonderful everything was - two months later. We are still on a cloud.

Colleen · Married on 06/10/2018

My husband and I are very pleased with our experience with the Golden Horseshoe Inn. Heather and her team were excellent! If you are looking for a simple yet elegant elopement at a very reasonable cost, I definitely recommend GHI.
    Definitely worth every penny and made our wedding stress free and memorable!! We couldn't be happier!!

Sereta · Married on 06/09/2018

I don't know where to begin when it comes to expressing the quality of service I received from The Golden Horseshoe Inn. From the first phone call I placed I had nothing but helpful, warm, happy, excited, and informative attitude. Heather and her crew are simply the best. My wedding was a dream come true and I truly felt like a princess. If I had to do it all over again I would constantly hit repeat. I will cherish that day forever!

Cole · Married on 05/25/2018

We wanted to marry privately at our home. Heather, Alan, and Brittany made that happen in the most relaxed way.
    Heather was a pleasure to communicate with about logistics and scheduling, and provided us with creative options for our ceremony. We're grateful for her enthusiasm, guidance and making the process an easy one.
    Alan and Brittany arrived at our home and we spent time getting to know each other a bit. That extra time was wonderful. We connected quickly and easily, and moved into the ceremony feeling relaxed. Alan listened to us, our history, our wishes, and even though we had just met the connection felt warm and genuine. He even ad-libbed during our ceremony, recognizing the "time-warp" of high school sweethearts marrying later in life!
    Brittany was delightful and enthusiastic! Similar to Alan, connecting with Brittany was quick and easy, and made for a relaxed ceremony and a fun photo shoot.
    Thank you, thank you for making our wedding a private, personal celebration!

Golden Horseshoe Inn 32
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 33

Jocelyn · Married on 05/20/2018

A Beautiful Elopement w/2 Brides!

This review is very late, but I would like to thank Heather, Brittany and Alan for an amazing day! We got the elegance elopement package, and having the entire inn to ourselves for the day with no rushing around or worrying about holding other people up was amazing. Our flowers were gorgeous, the cake was some of the best we ever had, the ceremony was lovely and our photos came out absolutely beautifully! Not to mention our decorations were stunning! We will never forget this day. Our stay in the cabin was wonderful as well, and the area surrounding it is beautiful. We felt so at home and completely welcome at the inn and smiled and laughed the whole time. We can't recommend this venue enough--they include everything you could dream of, decorate to your tastes and are incredibly kind and easy to work with. Thank you so much for giving us a beautiful day!

Jocelyn + Lanna

Stefanie · Married on 05/05/2018

We knew during the planning phase that Golden Horseshoe Inn was the perfect venue for us! The location and house are gorgeous, and Heather and Brittany were beyond helpful and responsive! But that was just the beginning. The actual day of the wedding exceeded our expectations. The setup was stunning, Brittany and Monique were as helpful and delightful as could possibly be, and Heather, well her photos speak for themselves! Our guests received the best treatment in a relaxed, fun and joyous environment. The day want exactly as planned. It was truly the best day of my life, and the best wedding I've ever been to.

Golden Horseshoe Inn 34
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 35
    Golden Horseshoe Inn 36

Rebecca · Married on 03/24/2018

March Wedding 2018 ~ Simply Amazing

I can't honestly put into words how amazing this place is. We had to basically plan from Florida and Heather was immediate with her responses and just put me at ease with everything.
    We did meet with her a month before the wedding and I was amazed at how from that meeting to our wedding day I was extremely calm. Heather has this way of just making you feel like everything works out (and it did). A bride will never be stressed about anything having this team.

We had Alan conduct the ceremony and literally the whole day was just phenomenal! It was elegant but cozy with 50 people and everything just went seamlessly well. We did not even need to do a rehearsal because they had everything covered.

Heather has spectacular sense of detail and even had anything you might have forgotten up in the dressing areas!

Also do not skip out on doing the mountain top pictures and using Heather she got some amazing shots of us ! My husband told me after that he was so glad that I decided to add this on.

I have to share a moment we will never forget and that is during one of the mountain top pictures Heather had us just bursting out laughing and smiling by telling us to whisper cereal names seductively in each other's ears...and to this day sometimes when we are taking photos my husband still does this! We have such great memories of this day and it is thanks to these 2 amazing ladies ( Brittany and Heather!) and their team that made it happen!

Alyson · Married on 03/03/2018

I cannot recommend this venue enough! Heather and her team made everything so amazing! They listened to all of our weird requests, made sure no detail went unnoticed, and took the most amazing pictures! If you're planning a small wedding, look no further than here!

Kelli · Married on 02/14/2018

My husband and I LOVED getting married at this venue. Three weeks before the wedding, we decided to get married, and we luckily found the Golden Horseshoe Inn! It is so nice that they handle everything for you with such ease and professionalism. We got to choose the flowers, cake, colors, and more with our elopement package and they handled the coordination and all! Even provided an officiant who spoke so beautifully! Furthermore, we didn't feel rushed at all and spent time taking photos which turned out so well. My husband and I are so happy we got married here and highly recommend this place. The staff was amazing and the location was beautiful. Thank you, GHI!

Sarah · Married on 12/10/2017

This was the most perfect wedding experience I could have ever imagined. Heather and Alan were sweet, caring, and responsive. We had a tiny wedding that was everything we could have ever wanted. Heather took beautiful photographs, and made us feel right at home. Alan delivered our customized ceremony beautifully, and it felt like he knew us deeply. I couldn't recommend the Golden Horseshoe Inn more highly.

Danielle · Married on 11/26/2017

We were looking for something simple, a wedding more for our kids than ourselves. We wanted our elopement to be a family affair, a blending of our new family and we got that and so much more. Heather made everything so easy for us, we just had to show up, bring our rings and our marriage license. The ceremony was perfect in every way and the pictures that Heather took are priceless. I recommend the Golden Horseshoe Inn to anyone looking for a simple and elegant wedding, they will surpass your expectations and provide you with your dream wedding.

Sherry · Married on 11/18/2017

If I could give Heather and her team 100 stars, I would! Me and my husband eloped this past weekend and we were both very nervous, particularly for the ceremony! Heather and Brittany handheld us through the whole experience! They are kind, helpful, friendly and more supportive then I could have ever wished! Our elopement was absolutely PERFECT! The ceremony was sweet and intimate! The cake was not only beautiful...it was delicious! The flowers were exactly as requested, fresh and lovely! We had a champagne toast and even had a warm cup of coffee to help keep us warm on our chilly November day! The ladies helped me get dressed (kudos to Brittany for tackling all those buttons down the back of my dress!). I bet Heather took well over 200 pictures of our wedding...from getting ready, the ceremony, cutting the cake, the epic skyline drive pics, kisses, hugs...the list is endless! She gave us a sneak peak of our pics just three days later and we both absolutely love every pic she took! I cannot impress enough how wonderful the quality of Heathers photography is! If you are contemplating where to elope or have an intimate wedding...please search no further. Between the service, attention, affordability and kindness...you cannot find a better experience! Oh, and the private cottage is to die for! The Golden Horseshoe Inn is a complete one stop shop for your big day!

Golden Horseshoe Inn 37

Jane · Married on 11/11/2017

My husband and I were married at the Golden Horseshoe Inn last weekend. Wow! We are super impressed by Heather, Brittany, & Tyler! Our wedding was PERFECT. Nearly all the planning details were taken care of by Heather & her team including our beautiful cake & flowers, reception/cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres, officiant, venue decorations, tables/chairs/linens, and amazing, gorgeous photography by Heather. The only thing we hired an offsite vendor for was catering. Everything ran smoothly from our first venue tour to our planning meeting to our wedding day. Heather & her team were on top of email and other communications.
    The venue itself is stunning. The exterior and interior allow for a lot of really beautiful, interesting photos. The Golden Horseshoe Inn has room for up to 70 guests. We had an indoor ceremony but the venue also does outdoor ceremonies. On the day of our wedding, the Golden Horseshoe Inn was set up to be even more beautiful than we imagined. The venue was decorated to our specifications/theme. The wedding cake and bouquet were also designed especially for us and were absolutely breathtaking. All night long we had guests ask us how we found the venue!
    Last but not least, Heather provided a set of preview photos from our wedding the TUESDAY after our wedding! I don't think you will find that anywhere else! If you are looking to get married in the Charlottesville, Virginia area look no further than the Golden Horseshoe Inn!

Angie · Married on 11/05/2017

We just got married at the Golden Horseshoe Inn this weekend and I can't say enough nice things about Heather and her team. From our first meeting with Heather, everything was so smooth and stress free. She responded to every email or question quickly and helped us with everything along the way. During the planning meeting, I gave them general ideas about what I wanted for the decor and they just took it and ran. Everything looked perfect on my wedding day! The cake was so yummy, the flowers were beautiful and everyone loved the cocktail hour food. Several people asked me if Alan (the officiant) had known us for a while because he really took our ceremony script and delivered it in a totally personal way. The staff on the day of the wedding were really the best. They seemed to be everywhere all the time and really kept us on schedule and moving and they were so friendly!! The photo package is also a great deal! I was a little nervous about the pictures since I don't usually like pictures of myself, but Heather really put you at ease and made you feel beautiful. We just got our sneak peek and the photos look amazing so far! If anyone is looking for a perfect place to have a small intimate wedding, this is definitely the place!

Deanna · Married on 10/29/2017

Mike and I have done nothing the rest of the weekend but talk about our wedding! We are extremely pleased and overly satisfied with the venue, staff, and experience!! Thank you Heather, Brittany, and Alan for making our day so special and wonderful!!! We will recommend you to everyone we know!!!