DEX New York Reviews

17 | New York, NY

17 Reviews for DEX New York

Monica · Married on 08/19/2017

Having trouble posting so see my review on yelp. Dex was amazing!

Monica · Married on 08/19/2017

Dex and Scott were phenomenal! From the minute they walked thru my door on my wedding day, with their smiling faces, I knew I was in the right hands. Professional, and experienced, with the latest styles and techniques, these 2 men quickly went to work and transformed 6 women from ages 24-82 into beautiful, head turning stunners.

Caroline · Married on 08/12/2017

Dex and Scott are beyond incredible – they are funny, kind, and so so talented! I’ve never felt so beautiful in my whole life! They made our special day perfect, and we can't thank them enough. If you want to look and feel like a million bucks on your big day, these are the guys you want by your side – they are truly amazing. Thank you guys so so so much!!

Keirin · Married on 09/12/2015

Dex is absolute magic! Dex did my makeup for my engagement photo shoot and wedding day makeup. From the moment I started working with Dex, he was accommodating, kind, and professional at every juncture. Dex is incredibly knowledgable about the beauty and makeup industry, and he took the time to make sure that every part of my makeup was exactly how I wanted it to be. My bridal party also had a wonderful experience with Dex's assistant - they all looked like glowing goddesses on my wedding day. I would recommend Dex for any bride who wants to have a seamless and stress-free experience!

Sent on 02/29/2016

DEX New York's reply:

Thank you for the opportunity. It was an absolute joy to be of service to you and your bridal party. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us from your engagement photo shoot, the bridal makeup trial, and on your wedding day. We aim to please, and are always here for you. Again, congratulations and wishing you all the best in marriage! Warmest Regards, Dex Phillip Founder, Artist DEX NEW YORK COSMETICS

Stacey · Married on 06/27/2015

I have one word to describe Dex and his team...AMAZING! I had make-up done for 8 women and hair up-do's for 4 women, including me the bride. The ages ranged from 70 years old to 10 years old. Everyone's make-up and hair was pure perfection. everything was completed ontime and Dex and his team kept the mood calm and relaxed.

Joseph · Married on 10/17/2014

Dexter and his team were outstanding in making this most important day for our friends and family to be nothing short of perfection.

His dedication and perfectionism are unparalleled and could not be matched by anyone else in the business!

Nicole · Married on 10/04/2014

Dex is not only an amazing makeup artist, but also a true professional. He was so helpful during my wedding and made my day exciting and fun!

Dex and his team were incredible! I had 9 bridesmaids and each one looked gorgeous! Dex was a pleasure to work with and brought good vibes and great energy to this most special day. I highly recommend Dex for any important event, especially wedding parties!

Dex was my amazing not only did he make me look beautiful but he also made me relax and laugh right before I walked down the aisle. Dex is wonderful in every way!!!

Dex did an amazing job with my makeup (also did my whole bridal party and my mother and mother-in-law). I have never felt so beautiful in my entire life and I owe it all to Dex. Not only did he do an amazing job with my makeup but was also the one who kept me calm and laughing when I started to get anxious and nervous.

Dex not only has an amazing talent when it comes to making women look absolutely stunning but his personality made my big day even more amazing than I could have imagined.

I can not thank him enough for being apart of the most amazing day of my life!!!!!

Michelle · Married on 04/28/2013

I highly recommend the services of DEX New York to others looking for a qualified, creative, makeup/skin professional. He really knows his stuff and made me look and feel VERY glamorous for my BIG day!
    I work as a celebrity fashion stylist, so I collaborate with make-up artist all the time......I must say, "DEX is the REAL DEAL!"

Thanks DEX!

Alix · event on: 03/01/2014

I had an annual black tie event at the Pierre Hotel and immediately knew I wanted Dex to do my make-up for the event. Dex did a fabulous job, I left feeling and looking elegantly beautiful!

• User3997634 · event on: 12/12/2013

Dex is a talented makeup artist who creates a different look for every occasion. I highly recommend him.
    He is very professional and charming too!

Christy · event on: 01/09/2015

Dex did an amazing job on my hair and makeup for my husband's party. I looked and felt beautiful! It was a surprise party for my husband but I got more attention because of the way I looked. Dex was also so flexible. He even did my friends makeup for me last minute...she looked gorgeous! Not only does Dex do amazing work, he also has a wonderful personality and was so much fun to work with. Dex was recommended to me by a friend...I have already done the same for my friends and I cant wait to use him again!

Hallie · Married on 09/21/2013

I feel so lucky to have found Dex for my wedding makeup. He did a fantastic job on my makeup. I didn't give him a lot of direction on what I wanted, and he pretty much nailed the look in the trail. The few adjustments we made for the final day were perfect! The makeup looked fantastic throughout the entire night, I only touched up my lips a few times. He touched up my makeup before and after our wedding photos and was just a wonderful calming presence to have by my side on such a memorable day Dex also saved the day by fixing my sister's dress when her zipper broke as soon as she put it on! I don't have a single complaint! Thank you Dex, you and Scottie were fabulous!

Mallory · event on: 12/08/2013

Hi,

I had a black tie event for work and Josh did an AMAZING job on my makeup and Jenna was extremely helpful when it came to making my appointment. The two of them also helped me out when I got my makeup done for Halloween which came out great as well. Thanks again!

Sara · Married on 02/04/2017

3.5

Dex is a consummate professional and a true artist. My makeup for my wedding and rehearsal dinner was flawless and fabulous.